IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plane landed and the feeling is mutual.

You also thoroughly enjoyed this thread until you joined in?!

The larger planes on that screen are flying at much higher altitudes and those pilots know what they're doing.

The plane should be landing about now.

Yeah I get that whole need to be a different altitudes. I grew up near LAX, and I marveled even then at the planes hovering (that's what it looked like) to land. My dad used to have a little Cessna and we'd see planes all around us when we flew around LA.

Now when I commercially fly I look out the window and wonder if I would see another plane going by, but I don't. Probably a good thing. But how often when I am flying are there planes right above or below me and how many hundreds of feet are we talking about? Assume Im on one of those 747s if that makes a difference.

Yeah I get that whole need to be a different altitudes. I grew up near LAX, and I marveled even then at the planes hovering (that's what it looked like) to land. My dad used to have a little Cessna and we'd see planes all around us when we flew around LA.

Now when I commercially fly I look out the window and wonder if I would see another plane going by, but I don't. Probably a good thing. But how often when I am flying are there planes right above or below me and how many hundreds of feet are we talking about? Assume Im on one of those 747s if that makes a difference.

Thousands of feet difference in altitude!

Is English your first language?

Is your goal to be as obnoxious as possible, or to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you're really not all that bright? Because you're achieving both with flying colours.

Is your goal to be as obnoxious as possible, or to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you're really not all that bright? Because you're achieving both with flying colours. I'm sorry, usually I wouldn't say something like that, but you are being truly unpleasant and silly.

Whomever this person is, they have now started arguments on two popular threads and are continuing to try to cause as much trouble as possible. I think it's probably best not to give attention and instead go back to figuring out why the Duggars possibly need two planes.

Whomever this person is, they have now started arguments on two popular threads and are continuing to try to cause as much trouble as possible. I think it's probably best not to give attention and instead go back to figuring out why the Duggars possibly need two planes.

I'm actually kind of genuinely curious as to whether they're just a straight up troll, or if they are truly THAT obtuse. But I agree with you.

Is English your first language?

Could you please refrain from responding to every question with a combative response?

I'm curious about the fact that the Duggars formed an LLC for their planes. I mean, Duggar Aviation? Do we know for sure they renting the planes out? Does JD plan to get a commercial license? I browsed Summit Aviation, and their set up, training and instructors certainly look top notch if he goes that route. Planes are just so expensive to maintain...if the TLC gravy train is over I wonder how long the planes will last given the need to feed, house and maintain so many people.

I'm curious about the fact that the Duggars formed an LLC for their planes. I mean, Duggar Aviation? Do we know for sure they renting the planes out? Does JD plan to get a commercial license? I browsed Summit Aviation, and their set up, training and instructors certainly look top notch if he goes that route. Planes are just so expensive to maintain...if the TLC gravy train is over I wonder how long the planes will last given the need to feed, house and maintain so many people.

If they aren't renting them out already, then they definitely might need to start.

JB seems to be a bit obsessed with creating companies for things. IIRC the girls' houses are owned by his holding company. I'm not sure if there's some sort of tax benefit there

I think the LLC is for tax purposes and suppose if they are renting the planes it helps. I doubt that the planes are constantly being rented by random people... My guess is that there are few people they know that take them out.

It's really expensive to train for a commercial pilots license. And the return for this investment wouldn't be that great.

We are so desperate to find real jobs for these fools that we will turn a hobby into a paid gig possibility.

I think the LLC is for tax purposes and suppose if they are renting the planes it helps. I doubt that the planes are constantly being rented by random people... My guess is that there are few people they know that take them out.

It's really expensive to train for a commercial pilots license. And the return for this investment wouldn't be that great.

We are so desperate to find real jobs for these fools that we will turn a hobby into a paid gig possibility.

I am telling you, I have heart palpitations thinking about young, fertile, married folks who do not use BC and who refuse to work jobs that provide steady incomes and health care benefits.

I would not trust JB to provide anything. Hell, he didn't even get Josh help for over a year and did not protect the remainder of his kids during that time.

Unless major changes are made, those 19 Duggar kids and their families are doomed.

LLC = limited liability corporation

It's so JB won't lose his shirt if someone gets hurt on a plane and sues him. As nonsensical as most of JB's actions seem, eg making terrible choices during Josh's season of molestation and the resulting cover up, PR fail, politics fail, religion fail; he seems to have a decent financial advisor (Grandma Mary????? jk) helping him protect his assets.

An anonymous FJer who is a flight instructor confirmed some of my skepticism about DuggarWatch's claims. Anon confirms the medical certificate is good for five years when performing third class operations, and that DW's estimate for how long it might take JD to get an IFR rating is purely speculative: he could be doing trips and flying with a commercial instructor to teach him at the same time. Saves time and money, and gives real world experience.

Anon says it's not uncommon to rent out a plane in order to earn some money back toward the cost of ownership. I may have to accept that all of those flights aren't necessarily Duggar flights. Sigh. The consensus around FJ is that JB loves money and will take it where he can get it, but I cling to the notion that his small penis syndrome requires that all planes be available to him and his sons, who are extensions of him, at all times.

I don't want to c/p from the pm I got, but anon shot down DW's musings about Cessna specs and upgrades with technical talk that I would butcher if I paraphrased it. I'll try to paraphrase anyway.

This model has a problematic 160 HP engine and it is difficult to repaint the textured exterior of the plane. It has no air conditioning, and it may not have instruments for IFR flying.

It sold new in 1977 for $22,300.00, adjusted for inflation that would be $89,970.92 in 2015. It's now 38 years old! If it has less than 6,000 of frame hours, less than 1,500 since major overhaul on the engine, and has been hangared, it's worth about $35,000.

And, no, you can't just put a different kind of engine on this plane. The glass cockpit didn't come out until 2005 and you can't install that in a 1977 model either.

Anon says 160hp is fine until you've tried 180hp, anon has flown this model with 145hp and that's okay, too. Anon is confident that a 172's control panel would be pretty easy to upgrade for IFR flights. And that yes you can put in a new engine or glass if you want to spend the money.

Anon went on to say that no, instruction isn't necessarily always with the same instructor. They all need to be in the loop if there are multiple instructors, of course. Anon clarified that a JD may have flown Joe to ALERT as a student if he had his instructor up front with him, and that he could be doing IFR practice right now, for instance, with an instructor onboard. If and when he gets (or got) an IFR rating, it could take 30-90 days for faa.gov to reflect it. Finally, anon said that yes it would make sense if JD were getting training in Bentonville, as opposed to Big Sandy, and training with a plane you own would save a lot of money in rental fees. Now I'm wondering if the Cessna is "Josiah's plane," and the Cirrus is "John David's plane," so to speak. Anon implied (or I inferred) that the Cirrus could be their good plane for flying politicians around (and said there are faa rules around accepting money for having candidates as passengers).

It looks like I'm splitting hairs or obsessing over trifles, but I'm just stuck on a few things and need to go over them again and again until it makes sense. So the IFR thing may be a red herring. It threw a wrench in my speculating, that's for sure.

I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but I don't know how to start a new topic.

I did a search for companies owned by the Duggars on the Arkansas Secretary of State website and this is what I found. There are probably others, but I dont have a lot of time to look into it right now. I am mostly curious about Duggar Processing LLC, Fivestone Group LLC and MAD Family INC.

These are in good standing:

Duggar Processing LLC filed on 5/4/2015 by James R Duggar.

Fivestone Group LLC filed on 4/29/2015 by Joshua Duggar.

Duggar Properties LLC filed on 6/5/2014 by James R Duggar.

Duggar Aviation LLC filed on 6/3/2013 by Jim Bob Duggar.

MAD Family INC filed on 3/6/2013 by Jim Bob Duggar.

This one has been revoked:

Save-n-go INC filed on 1/22/1988 by James R Duggar.

I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but I don't know how to start a new topic.

I did a search for companies owned by the Duggars on the Arkansas Secretary of State website and this is what I found. There are probably others, but I dont have a lot of time to look into it right now. I am mostly curious about Duggar Processing LLC, Fivestone Group LLC and MAD Family INC.

I would love to know which one was set up for TLC payments. The Brown family (sister wives) and Kate & Jon Gosselin both had LLC to be paid by TLC. It was so the family was paid as a unit, along with a whole bunch of legalities that I saw as giving the kids few to any rights to refuse to film or get separate pay.

Agree this is very interesting. Maybe repost in the Duggar general thread?

I'd like to know more about Duggar Processing and Fivestone Group; those are both new.

Duggar Aviation LLC lists Jimmy Burns as their accountant and tax preparer so I guess they aren't using Derick's services.

There is also a listing for Dillard Family Ministries filed on 6/17/2015. Jill and Derick are listed as directors.

The Duggars set up companies so that they can hire their kids and in-laws as employees. Self-employed people cannot have employees. The aviation company lists one employee, probably John David. (Remember, though, that at this point John David is not allowed to fly a plane for compensation of any kind.) John David can act as a rental agent for the planes but he cannot, for instance, fly the planes to a location for annual servicing at the company expense.

But, the company has to show that it is set up to generate a profit and not just for a personal hobby. The IRS is very clear about this. And this is why those airplanes have to be rented out for profit, not just used to give the sons flying lessons. None of the kids' flying lessons so far can be deducted from company income because those are not legitimate company expenses.

LLC = limited liability corporation

It's so JB won't lose his shirt if someone gets hurt on a plane and sues him. As nonsensical as most of JB's actions seem, eg making terrible choices during Josh's season of molestation and the resulting cover up, PR fail, politics fail, religion fail; he seems to have a decent financial advisor (Grandma Mary????? jk) helping him protect his assets.

Liability insurance covers that, whether a plane is owned by an individual or by a company. Also, having an LLC does NOT limit personal responsibility for everything. The owners and/or directors and/or employees of a corporation are subject to personal liability for many things and can be sued personally.

Thanks for finding all of these.

Save-n-go INC was the convenience store Jim Bob and Michelle owned and operated when they were first married.

The Duggars set up companies so that they can hire their kids and in-laws as employees. Self-employed people cannot have employees.

I've been self-employed since 2008 and that's the first I've heard that I can't hire an employee. :lol: Self-employed just means you work for yourself or are paid on a 1099 contract basis. Anyone can file for an Employer ID Number (EIN) and hire people under them. You don't need an LLC to do that although it is a great idea to do it because it limits your liability which is probably why JB does it.

There is also a listing for Dillard Family Ministries filed on 6/17/2015. Jill and Derick are listed as directors.

Great find! :clap:

The date is also interesting, i.e., very recently.

The couple said that they were going to Nepal to be missionaries. I wonder if they set this up as a non-profit for fundraising.

Archived