IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

John David and Josiah take their flying lessons out of Bentonville, AR.

Instruction is always with the same instructor until the level of licensure is achieved. The exception to this is when you are getting certified for a different type of aircraft that you have not flown before.

How do you know this? I've been assuming they got training through ALERT--keyword, assuming.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John David didn't fly a Duggar plane for that. He rented a 1983 Cessna C 182RG for that flight and his instructor was with him because he was still flying on a Student Pilot license then and only had 30 hours of logged flight time.

1_n10.jpg

The plane he rented costs $175 per hour (includes fuel) and his flight instructor charges $40 per hour. Also, that plane cannot be rented without an instructor unless a pilot has logged 100 flight hours as PIC (Pilot in Command).

He didn't get his Pilot license until December 14, 2014, and if you don't believe the FAA who actually issues the license, it's also what his mom Michelle said on January 14, 2015:

"John just finished up his pilots license and is staying busy with construction and police work."

http://www.inquisitr.com/1754148/jana-d ... hQp9Xrf.99"

I wasn't questioning the airplane used in Joseph's trip to ALERT, I was questioning his license status on that day. That day, for the record, according to the episode called Duggars Take Flight, was Joseph's 18th birthday, which was January 20, 2013. I can see from the photo (thank you for posting it) that the plane isn't one we're familiar with, and it's reasonable to assume that's his instructor. How do you know he only had 30 hours of logged flight time? Is that how many it takes to permit passengers or something? Explain it to me as if I were a six year old.

I would never believe Michelle Duggar over the FAA. I explained my questions about licensing dates upthread. I don't not believe what I'm seeing, I'm simply not sure if I understand it correctly. No disrespect, but you have made at least one claim that I have disproved, and I will keep asking questions and poking at this until I feel like I have a good grasp on it.

Flight plan just filed for this afternoon/evening's return from Hattiesburg to Springdale (for N68SY)

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N68SY

I'll get a screengrab later.

I remembered that DuggarWatch and I both mentioned upthread that student pilots can't have passengers. Now DW says JD flew Joe to Big Sandy while he was a student. Which is it?

Also, I don't know which Duggar thread to mention this in, so I'm putting here, where it's guaranteed to have minimal relevance. :lol:

When I watched a bit of the episode where Joe went to ALERT (Duggars Take Flight), Michelle mentioned more than once that Joseph was leaving for 9 weeks and it was the longest time any of her kids had been away from home alone. So they may have well and truly forgotten about Josh's season of molesting. I can sort of believe it; if you're really determined to forget/cover up/move past something, it can be done.

I'll get a screengrab later.

I remembered that DuggarWatch and I both mentioned upthread that student pilots can't have passengers. Now DW says JD flew Joe to Big Sandy while he was a student. Which is it?

Also, I don't know which Duggar thread to mention this in, so I'm putting here, where it's guaranteed to have minimal relevance. :lol:

When I watched a bit of the episode where Joe went to ALERT (Duggars Take Flight), Michelle mentioned more than once that Joseph was leaving for 9 weeks and it was the longest time any of her kids had been away from home alone. So they may have well and truly forgotten about Josh's season of molesting. I can sort of believe it; if you're really determined to forget/cover up/move past something, it can be done.

I don't know anything about aviation so I have no idea of the requirements. I just enjoy finding data-collection sites such as flightaware, and discovering that I can get email alerts when a flight plan is filed. Almost as much fun as finding sites that tell you what plane it is you see up in the sky, or tracking lightning strikes in real time on a map, or where the International Space Station is at any given moment :lol:

But I have to comment, Halcionne, on the tickle I got when I saw you ask for it to be explained to you "like you were a six-year-old". I say that all the time too -- I'm bright, but I have learned that I weigh contextual information differently than some others do, and so sometimes I need really basic-level explanations in order to see the big picture. I've also observed that I don't learn in small stair-step increments like many seem to -- I stay at a low level of understanding, acquiring what seems like random pieces of information that only confuse me, until one of those pieces of information triggers some kind of "aha" moment when it all falls into place (and oddly, when this happens to me, I sometimes jump to a level of understanding beyond that of whoever was explaining it to me... doofus-to-expert in three easy steps... but I digress...).

Of course it's also a handy phrase when people are just not being directly responsive when asked questions...

Anyway I wanted to ask if you know where that phrase comes from (or if you made it up). I remember the movie where I heard it and it made an impression on me -- did you get it from the same source?

As for the longest time a kid was away from home, yes, I wonder if it's intentional removal of Josh's experience from the official narrative, or if she truly just didn't think of that in the same way.

I don't know anything about aviation so I have no idea of the requirements. I just enjoy finding data-collection sites such as flightaware, and discovering that I can get email alerts when a flight plan is filed. Almost as much fun as finding sites that tell you what plane it is you see up in the sky, or tracking lightning strikes in real time on a map, or where the International Space Station is at any given moment :lol:

But I have to comment, Halcionne, on the tickle I got when I saw you ask for it to be explained to you "like you were a six-year-old". I say that all the time too -- I'm bright, but I have learned that I weigh contextual information differently than some others do, and so sometimes I need really basic-level explanations in order to see the big picture. I've also observed that I don't learn in small stair-step increments like many seem to -- I stay at a low level of understanding, acquiring what seems like random pieces of information that only confuse me, until one of those pieces of information triggers some kind of "aha" moment when it all falls into place (and oddly, when this happens to me, I sometimes jump to a level of understanding beyond that of whoever was explaining it to me... doofus-to-expert in three easy steps... but I digress...).

Of course it's also a handy phrase when people are just not being directly responsive when asked questions...

Anyway I wanted to ask if you know where that phrase comes from (or if you made it up). I remember the movie where I heard it and it made an impression on me -- did you get it from the same source?

As for the longest time a kid was away from home, yes, I wonder if it's intentional removal of Josh's experience from the official narrative, or if she truly just didn't think of that in the same way.

Wow, email alerts! I confess, I'm a skimmer, so I didn't know that was an option at Flight Aware. Very convenient.

I don't know where I got explain it like I'm six. It's just a thing people around me say. Sometimes it's a five year old, or a toddler, or a kindergartener. :lol: I googled to find a movie reference and got Philadelphia, but nobody I know quotes that movie or anything.

Here's a screenie. I wanted to wait until after the flight, but it's scheduled to land after my daily FJ time is over. :geek:

FRqvV06h.png

Yes, Philadelphia is the movie I got it from. I'm not a moviewatcher in general, so I don't really quote movies, but that was just such a handy way of asking for a clear explanation that I adopted it...

Yes, the email alerts are quite handy!

You're more disciplined than I am if you have designated FJ time -- er, I should say, designated NON FJ-time, lol :lol:

Yes, Philadelphia is the movie I got it from. I'm not a moviewatcher in general, so I don't really quote movies, but that was just such a handy way of asking for a clear explanation that I adopted it...

Yes, the email alerts are quite handy!

You're more disciplined than I am if you have designated FJ time -- er, I should say, designated NON FJ-time, lol :lol:

That's exactly what it is! :lol:

hey guys, I’m posting this for my headship. he said that if anyone wanted to be a pain in the Duggers ass they could track the planes and find laws they are breaking. he says altitude and speed are to easy things to spot but there are more. I personally don’t see the point in knowing if they are breaking laws but someone might so I decide to post this here. apologies if this is known informations. carry on with your aviation adventures :)

Check a bit wider. There's a 1976 172M on one of the for sale sites for $199k. Low time on engine and full glass cockpit upgrade. I doubt they'll get that but it's not impossible. A bunch of others that are similar are close to 100k

That's not the same model aircraft. And, the one for sale only has 1100 Hours logged and 50 hours on an upgraded 180hp engine.

I wasn't questioning the airplane used in Joseph's trip to ALERT, I was questioning his license status on that day. That day, for the record, according to the episode called Duggars Take Flight, was Joseph's 18th birthday, which was January 20, 2013. I can see from the photo (thank you for posting it) that the plane isn't one we're familiar with, and it's reasonable to assume that's his instructor. How do you know he only had 30 hours of logged flight time? Is that how many it takes to permit passengers or something? Explain it to me as if I were a six year old.

John David had 35 hours before that flight. John David did the preflight inspection on the plane, and that it his instructor watching him. He said flat out that he couldn't fly passengers because he still just had a Student Pilot license then.

However, he could have passengers accompany him on an instructional flight IF the Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) is the Pilot in Command of the plane (PIC).

After that, it took him another 11 months to finally get his Pilot License. When he got that, he can have passengers but not for compensation and that includes paying for fuel or plane rental fees. With one passenger, the passenger is only allowed to pay 1/2 of those costs.

If you still want to argue about whether or not he has his Instrument Rating yet, why don't you just shoot an email to his CFI:

kasandracoffman@IFLYSummit.com

I don't not believe what I'm seeing, I'm simply not sure if I understand it correctly. No disrespect, but you have made at least one claim that I have disproved, and I will keep asking questions and poking at this until I feel like I have a good grasp on it.

If you are talking about the medical certificates:

http://airnation.net/hangar/threads/sen ... ore.17208/

If you want to have a "good grasp on it", read everything on this link or sign up for flight school:

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/

For the umpteenth time, I'm not trying to argue. I want to understand how you arrived at your theory. Your inability to 'show your work,' as it were, is quite frustrating. For the record, using information gleaned from TLC clips and episodes is a good start, but not definitive. Enjoy your weekend.

A public records search available on the Washington County Arkansas Assessor's website shows that the 1977 Cessna owned by Duggar Aviation LLC has an assessed value of $6100 and their 2004 Cirrus has an assessed value of $25800.

Lots of interesting things can be found through public records searches on the Benton County and Washington County Assessors websites. There are probably other counties worth searching, but I got bored before I got through all the info available on those two websites.

If you are talking about the medical certificates:

http://airnation.net/hangar/threads/sen ... ore.17208/

If you want to have a "good grasp on it", read everything on this link or sign up for flight school:

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/

How nice; it's been introduced, but not passed.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-con ... e-bill/573

I have been nothing but nice to you in this thread. I don't know why you can't answer a direct question with a direct answer.

A public records search available on the Washington County Arkansas Assessor's website shows that the 1977 Cessna owned by Duggar Aviation LLC has an assessed value of $6100 and their 2004 Cirrus has an assessed value of $25800.

Lots of interesting things can be found through public records searches on the Benton County and Washington County Assessors websites. There are probably other counties worth searching, but I got bored before I got through all the info available on those two websites.

My dad undervalues his vehicles to save on taxes; so shady. Is that what JB is doing?

cWMJcCNh.png

As of right now they are half way home from Hattiesburg. They were delayed by some heavy weather in the area (remnants of TS Bill).

Z0BdLCtl.png

For the umpteenth time, I'm not trying to argue. I want to understand how you arrived at your theory. Your inability to 'show your work,' as it were, is quite frustrating. For the record, using information gleaned from TLC clips and episodes is a good start, but not definitive. Enjoy your weekend.

You obviously have difficulty understanding even when things are presented to you as if you were a six-year-old, which is what you asked for. If you don't think John David's own statements about his status and a video recording are "showing your work" (that's the language a six-year-old would use for a simple math problem, by the way), in the future, why don't you just address your questions to Google? Here's the Google search engine for kids:

http://www.safesearchkids.com/

You obviously have difficulty understanding even when things are presented to you as if you were a six-year-old, which is what you asked for. If you don't think John David's own statements about his status and a video recording are "showing your work" (that's the language a six-year-old would use for a simple math problem, by the way), in the future, why don't you just address your questions to Google? Here's the Google search engine for kids:

http://www.safesearchkids.com/

What the hell? This was totally uncalled for. Do you have a dual personality? One minute you're intelligent and informative and then you start putting other people's comments in 'unnecessary quotes' and being rude and combative and on another thread you make offensive comments about transgender people. What's the deal? Jesus. Calm down.

As of right now they are half way home from Hattiesburg. They were delayed by some heavy weather in the area (remnants of TS Bill).

Z0BdLCtl.png

1_plsnr.png

What the hell? This was totally uncalled for. Do you have a dual personality? One minute you're intelligent and informative and then you start putting other people's comments in 'unnecessary quotes' and being rude and combative and on another thread you make offensive comments about transgender people. What's the deal? Jesus. Calm down.

The poster put the comment in quotes. Do you actually read the threads before you post? You're the one making offensive comments, not me. Chill out and come back when you actually know what you are talking about.

I'm always amazed (and freaked out probably) that there are so many airplanes in the sky at one time in one area...

I have the similar feelings about satellites.

But then the 2 cams I watch are the ISS and goatcam so probably can be expected from my simple simple easily amused brain.

I'm always amazed (and freaked out probably) that there are so many airplanes in the sky at one time in one area...

I have the similar feelings about satellites.

But then the 2 cams I watch are the ISS and goatcam so probably can be expected from my simple simple easily amused brain.

The larger planes on that screen are flying at much higher altitudes and those pilots know what they're doing.

The plane should be landing about now.

Archived