IGNORED

Lori's not sure God cares if women get = pay or the vote

Anyone want to own up to being Charlie Wadd? S/he was a regular commenter on the blog of our favorite Alaskan too.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlie has a FB linked and seems to follow lori, the skeleton formerly know as CM, and the pearls.

I remember CM threatening to ban him once.

Just want to make sure these don't go unrecorded:

Mrs. Mike:

I firmly believe a woman should have some form of education, because as much as God wants men to lead and fulfill their roles as husbands and fathers... Too often they don't. And ii believe it would be a sin for a woman to not be prepared to step up and lead her family, should the need arise, be it via her husband's failure or be it via a death or health loss in the family. There are no hard and fast rules.

But I also believe that while you have a supportive, leading husband, you should indeed be the SAHM and wife to your family. That is biblical. But always be prepared to fill the voids that come up in life. My husband has severe medical issues and as much as I love him and our family, I am planning to further educate myself so that, should the worst happen and I am left to be the provider, I will not be stuck in a horrible situation without the education and skills I need.

To which Charlie replies:

God will provide if something happens,, Widows are to be provided to by the church, the only education you need is to be able to take care of the home, if you need extra money, you can clean others homes, but remember to declare it on your taxes, or you could go to jail

ETA.

Tibble

So all women have to stay home, clean and cook, and have a lot of children? They're not allowed to work for a paycheck? If your husband wanted to treat his sons better than his daughters, would you support that? Sounds like it!

For you to vote Lori goes against all things Godly, the Bible says to sit quietly ...

Charlie's on a roll. Can anyone imagine Lori ever sitting quietly???

*cue the imminent arrival of Ken*

EDIT: I'm loving Charlie right meow.

No Tibble,, God frowns on woman who work, Lori has stated that many many times, I dont see how hard that it to figure out,, it says so in the Bible, Woman are to submit totally to there husbands and be ready to take care of his sexual needs when they arise, they also need to keep the home spotless and never ever have a nanny do it,, and never punc holes in there IUD so they can have a baby and stay home

I think if God didn't want women to be able to achieve things (like earning equal pay for equal work, or being able to go to medical or law school or becoming engineers or scientists or politicians or any of thousands of other things) he would have made it IMPOSSIBLE for women to do that.

He would have made us have lower intelligence or "different" intelligence or whatever. He's God, he would have figured it out ;)

If he can create a world in 6 days. He'd certainly be able to figure out a way to keep women from being able to be as successful (or in some cases more successful) than men If that is what he wanted.

Nooo Curious, don't you get it? Although God gave us equal intelligence, he trusted us not to use it and we betraaayed him! Or something.

Nah, Ken only shows up when there's question whether or not it's a troll. Lori will delete before Ken arrives.

15 minutes and lube, she should be back any second now.

Nah, Ken only shows up when there's question whether or not it's a troll. Lori will delete before Ken arrives.

15 minutes and lube, she should be back any second now.

Yes, that was accurate. :)

Yes, that was accurate. :)

FIFTEEN minutes? Ken must have been distracted today. Or else the salad was extra big and organic and healthy.

Ken has never told me who to vote for.

Then how does she know she is voting exactly the same as Ken on every single candidate and issue? What if she voted for some random, local fence law and Ken voted against? She cancelled out his vote. OH NOZ.

Also, I need a life :P

So God HATES abortion does he?

"Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention. “Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.â€

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.â€

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped upâ€.

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped openâ€.

I appreciate it when those that really know the Bible add these verses to our discussions. I just know there's really nasty stuff in the Bible, but wouldn't have a clue where to go to look for it. Thanks for the references!

But, are those Old Testament or New Testament (I really haven't a clue)? 'Cause Lori has already educated us that the Old Testament no longer matters one bit, because of something something something something. Or, in non-Biblical speak, the Old Testament doesn't matter anymore because it had some really nasty stuff in it and we don't want it to taint all the opportunities to be judgmental that exist in the New Testament.

Actually, Lori has been mildly successful at keeping THIS woman at home today (and not out shopping or working out on my day off)...I get so wrapped up in her craziness that it's hard to pull myself away.

The verses in docmom's post are all OT.

And one correction: the OT doesn't matter to fundies unless they're gay bashing.

And the typical understand of the OT is that it is/can be a useful guide and is still the inspired Word of God but that the Jewish laws of the OT are no longer applicable.

Unless, as jerkit pointed out, they are gay bashing.

And the typical understand of the OT is that it is/can be a useful guide and is still the inspired Word of God but that the Jewish laws of the OT are no longer applicable.

Unless, as jerkit pointed out, they are gay bashing.

Or being quiverfull, or saying the earth was created in 6 days 6,000 years ago, or saying you should beat your children...

Between Lori Anderson is a Monster's post today, and that video posted by a son telling his parents he's gay, I've starting to actually feel nauseous. Amazing how religion can make one feel so damn dirty, isn't it?

So, Lori, while your craziness at first kept me home, now it's forcing me out. I'll go do my grocery shopping and try to find a stranger to help...maybe reaching something on a top shelf or helping a senior. Anything to take me away from your hate-filled religion and make me feel like a good person again. And regardless of how minor a good deed it is, it will be more than you've given to humanity in the years that I've been reading your blog.

Or being quiverfull, or saying the earth was created in 6 days 6,000 years ago, or saying you should beat your children...

Well, yeah, the typical understanding is that the OT laws are no longer applicable. Fundies are anything but typical/mainstream.

Being quiverfull, young-earth creationism, and beating your children are not typically defended using OT law anyway but rather other parts of the OT, like Genesis and Wisdom Literature. The Duggars selectively follow some OT laws (abstaining from sex after the birth of a child), but even they don't take Biblical child discipline to the extreme:

18 If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.†21 Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Funny thing, even as a fundy kid growing up, this is completely contrary to what I was taught. For one thing, there are undeniably strong women in the Bible who often held leadership positions, were named as prophets or acted in the role of a leader -- Deborah, Esther, Anna, Rachel, Elizabeth, Abigail, Jael. Several of them were married and mothers. To explain these away, we were taught that God lifted up women when no man could be found to lead (which is silly, but fundies and all). But Lori won't even make that concession: She denies they exist at all, which leads me to wonder if this bitch has ever even picked up a Bible much less read it.

This makes me want to set up a blog series something like Bible Study the FJ Way, where we go through the bible (uh and by we I don't really mean me because I don't know the bible well at all, but some of you got it going on!) from the beginning and break it down all logical like. You know, in context, not cherry picking, using actual meanings of words..things like that.

The DIL is going to be a thorn in Lori's side. :lol:

Go Emily, says I!

This is what Lori gets for blabbing all over the WORLD WIDE WEB about her private family business while preaching that there is only ONE RIGHT WAY to live your life.

It should be a thorn in her side. She contradicts herself all the time, so it's about time people start to notice that she is living in a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of way.

Hopefully, people will stop taking her dangerous advice seriously.

Actually, I've often wondered why the Duggars follow the OT law on abstaining from sex after the birth of a child but yet don't follow other OT laws about food and clothing. I wonder if the answer lies in the Jerusalem Council.

Acts tells the story of some of the early Christians trying to decide of Gentile converts needed to follow Jewish regulation/customs (as in, did they need to be circumcised, basically!). This is the conclusion they come to from Acts 15 (Peter is talking):

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.â€

I wonder if the Duggars follow all the Biblical purity laws regarding sex (i.e. not on your period and stuff). This is also a common argument from Biblically literate people about why homosexuality is bad-- Christians should still follow OT laws against sexual immorality. It's a false argument, though, because a few books later, Paul tells people that they are free to eat meat offered to idols if their conscience allows it, which is one of the actions specifically prohibited by the Jerusalem Council.

/needlessbiblcalexplanations

Archived