IGNORED

Lori's not sure God cares if women get = pay or the vote

I love that if you read between the line, Lori is clearly saying, "Well yes, that might work if your husband's not an asshole!"

I chuckled when Lori described Ken as a Command Man! I perceive him as a thoughtless, inconsiderate, know-it-all jerk at times but definitely NOT a Command Man. Even now, he doesn't realize he's wrapped around Lori's little finger.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that if you read between the line, Lori is clearly saying, "Well yes, that might work if your husband's not an asshole!"

What a difference from yesterday's comment of:

I am still a work in progress in this area of my life married to a very godly, generous man!

Ken clearly thinks a lot of himself.

I read through all the comments on Sheila's post.

Both Lori and Ken are posting. The longer comments belong to Ken. He's making the same arguments that he's made elsewhere, in the same style. The weird thing is that he's deliberately pretending to be Lori, saying "I teach" instead of "Lori teaches". Lori doesn't post walls of text. She also doesn't pretend to agree with someone, and then point out their differences. That's a classic Ken move. Throwing numbers around is classic Ken. "We must live in two different worlds" is a phrase that I'm sure I saw him use before. Equating total submission with intimacy and trust and insinuating that there's something lacking is a woman doesn't do this - classic Ken again.

The comments starting with "Meg", "Legalism" and "Sheila" are from Lori. Short, to the point, blunt, repeating the same basic points over and over.

We often see Ken running to Lori's internet rescue, which makes me wonder how this goes down. Does she call him up at work crying because she got herself into a mess on an internet forum or message board? Most spouses would laugh you right out of the house if you asked them to help you with an internet argument.

BTW, I think Lori left out the word 'don't' (live in constant disagreement) yet the gist of what she was trying to say is clear. Basically, since Lori's marriage sucks and she's a shrew, then it stands to reason that everyone's marriage sucks and other wives are as bad as she is. :cray-cray:

I will admit I probably don't know 1000 couples, I'm not even sure I know 1000 people :shifty-kitty: (I've never really counted), but I've known quite a few couples over the years and I've NEVER known a couple that had a marriage like Lori describes her's (uh thankfully).

I've known couples that had fights on occasions, of course, but no one that lived in such extreme discord for this many years. Even my relationships that didn't work out were far more harmonious than Ken and Lori's marriage.

My husband and I will have been married for 13 year (together for 17) this year and I can think of maybe 4-5 times when we've had a real fight. Like a "quiet treatment" kind of fight. We really don't even argue that much about littler things.

We often see Ken running to Lori's internet rescue, which makes me wonder how this goes down. Does she call him up at work crying because she got herself into a mess on an internet forum or message board? Most spouses would laugh you right out of the house if you asked them to help you with an internet argument.

Ken when Lori calls slinging tears, snot and hysteria around the room:

wrong.jpg

I will admit I probably don't know 1000 couples, I'm not even sure I know 1000 people :shifty-kitty: (I've never really counted), but I've known quite a few couples over the years and I've NEVER known a couple that had a marriage like Lori describes her's (uh thankfully).

I've known couples that had fights on occasions, of course, but no one that lived in such extreme discord for this many years. Even my relationships that didn't work out were far more harmonious than Ken and Lori's marriage.

My husband and I will have been married for 13 year (together for 17) this year and I can think of maybe 4-5 times when we've had a real fight. Like a "quiet treatment" kind of fight. We really don't even argue that much about littler things.

Yes, I've seen at least 1,000 dysfunctional couples, but that's because I'm a divorce lawyer.

I see extreme stuff at work all the time, but I can realize that's because my job is to deal with the worst of the worst. Lori and Ken can't seem to realize that if your job is to help "mentor" women with problems in their marriage, you will see problem marriages more than happy marriages. She's also stated quite clearly that her church does NOT preach the radical submission stuff that she teaches, so I'm guessing that whoever refers women to her won't refer anyone who is not a bossy bitch.

Sheila's response to this comment of Lori's is brilliant. She really knows how to express herself in a clear and concise manner. It's a pleasure to read her blog and Lori should quietly watch for a few months and take away a few tips. I know...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....that would mean she was always learning.

Lori Alexander says:

August 29, 2014 at 1:12 pm

I guess, Sheila, what I am saying is that I believe God teaches that the highest ideal for a godly, Christian marriage is to have a loving husband to whom his wife willfully and joyfully submits to him in everything. The Bible cannot be any more clear on this. What you’re saying is that far too many Christian couples are not married to loving husbands to whom they can submit so they need fleshly tools of communication, conflict resolution, and accountability. I am not opposed to these man-made tools and you teach them very well but as with all of God’s Word, there’s always a higher level of true faith and intimacy that comes when we aspire to do everything God’s ways. I, personally, have found that all of God’s ways work beautifully when obeyed just the way God wrote them and intended for us to live them out.

Lori Alexander recently posted…Glorifying God and Having a Blast!My Profile

Sheila says:

August 29, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Lori, are you truly saying that communication and conflict resolution and accountability are fleshly tools–and not biblical?

Okay, that explains a lot. That’s the difference between us, then, and I’m glad we’ve got to the root of it!

Thank you, and have a great weekend.

Sheila's response to this comment of Lori's is brilliant. She really knows how to express herself in a clear and concise manner. It's a pleasure to read her blog and Lori should quietly watch for a few months and take away a few tips. I know...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....that would mean she was always learning.

:lol:

I've decided I really like Sheila!

I wonder how much self-control it's taken Sheila to "speak the truth in love" to Lori instead of just completely lambasting her...

Sheila has clearly got Lori's number. And Ken's, too, I'm sure. :lol:

Does anyone else think it's weird that Steven Alexander refers to himself as doctor BEFORE he starts dental school? I mean, if this is a thing, I'm going to start referring to myself as doctor because I might someday go to grad school to get my Ph.D...

Also, I like to think that at least two unmarried people at Steven and Emily's reception got it on in the bathroom...just to prove Lori wrong.

And for the love of Jeebus, Lori, it's an AISLE, not an ISLE. Former teachers like you are the reason America is ranked 22nd for reading. :pull-hair:

"I guess, Sheila, what I am saying is that I believe God teaches that the highest ideal for a godly, Christian marriage is to have a loving husband to whom his wife willfully and joyfully submits to him in everything. The Bible cannot be any more clear on this. What you’re saying is that far too many Christian couples are not married to loving husbands to whom they can submit so they need fleshly tools of communication, conflict resolution, and accountability. I am not opposed to these man-made tools and you teach them very well but as with all of God’s Word, there’s always a higher level of true faith and intimacy that comes when we aspire to do everything God’s ways. I, personally, have found that all of God’s ways work beautifully when obeyed just the way God wrote them and intended for us to live them out."

Translated:

Sheila, I've perfected the passive-aggressive submission to my asshole husband. HE thinks I'm being submissive but the truth is I always get my way by being a passive-aggressive bitch. I don't need communication, conflict resolution and accountability because I am the queen bitch on shit mountain and always manage to manipulate my asshole husband into what I want. There is no conflict.

Oh I bet Ken and Lori are furious. They could write us off as godless heathens, but now they have Christians who believe in wifely submission calling them out on their dangerous beliefs.

Oh I bet Ken and Lori are furious. They could write us off as godless heathens, but now they have Christians who believe in wifely submission calling them out on their dangerous beliefs.

It's only a matter of hours before Lorken or CM/Mister tell Sheila she's not actually a Christian.

"I guess, Sheila, what I am saying is that I believe God teaches that the highest ideal for a godly, Christian marriage is to have a loving husband to whom his wife willfully and joyfully submits to him in everything. The Bible cannot be any more clear on this. What you’re saying is that far too many Christian couples are not married to loving husbands to whom they can submit so they need fleshly tools of communication, conflict resolution, and accountability. I am not opposed to these man-made tools and you teach them very well but as with all of God’s Word, there’s always a higher level of true faith and intimacy that comes when we aspire to do everything God’s ways. I, personally, have found that all of God’s ways work beautifully when obeyed just the way God wrote them and intended for us to live them out."

Translated:

Sheila, I've perfected the passive-aggressive submission to my asshole husband. HE thinks I'm being submissive but the truth is I always get my way by being a passive-aggressive bitch. I don't need communication, conflict resolution and accountability because I am the queen bitch on shit mountain and always manage to manipulate my asshole husband into what I want. There is no conflict.

I'm pretty sure that this comment from "Lori" was ghost-written by Ken.

The translation would be:

I'm going to use fluffy language to make my model of total submission by a wife and dominance by a husband sound nice. You are a feminist bitch even if you are a Christian, because you put some blame on bad husbands for marital problems. Whenever I get advice that is logical and practical and that might require some work from husbands as well as wives, I call this a man-made tool. I don't actually want to hear such advice, even though Lori and I could have desperately used it, because we never really put the effort into trying to make these techniques work for us and have preferred to pretend that it's not good advice. I'll pretend to flatter you by saying that I'm not opposed to these tools and that you are a good teacher, but I'll make sure to say that MY way is the True Biblical Way of doing it and suggest thereby suggest that you are not being a True Christian.

To recap: Good Christian Wives always submit, period. If they don't, they are going against God and any marital problems are their fault because they are so controlling and difficult. I'll make the husband's role sound noble and romantic, but what I really mean is that she needs to do whatever he says, even if he's acting like a piece of shit.

It's only a matter of hours before Lorken or CM/Mister tell Sheila she's not actually a Christian.

Or that she's being unreasonable. That's one of Ken's favorite lines to fall back on when he feels defeated.

If not that, then a new post in a day or two denouncing a certain online Christian blogger (thinly veiling who she is, of course) who isn't teaching submission the right way (aka Lorken's way).

I'm curious to see how Lori responds to the one commenter who recommended a biblical book on being a Titus 2 wife. This book has an entirely different perspective on what it means to "win him without a word." I'm sure her head will explode because you know Lori can't stand being disagreed with! :angry-cussingblack:

If not that, then a new post in a day or two denouncing a certain online Christian blogger (thinly veiling who she is, of course) who isn't teaching submission the right way (aka Lorken's way).

I'm curious to see how Lori responds to the one commenter who recommended a biblical book on being a Titus 2 wife. This book has an entirely different perspective on what it means to "win him without a word." I'm sure her head will explode because you know Lori can't stand being disagreed with! :angry-cussingblack:

Sheila's a DETRACTOR

LOL @ Emily:

I prefer a simple church wedding with punch/cookies afterwards. Surely all that expense is not necessary to have fun or to glorify God! Isn't marriage about bringing together two lives? Are videographers, fancy receptions, makeup artists, etc really necessary?

Some of the happiest marriages had none to these things.

Sheila has clearly got Lori's number. And Ken's, too, I'm sure. :lol:

Team Sheila!!!!

Being a liberal, feminist Unitarian I'm sure Sheila and I would disagree on a lot of issues, but she is clearly a very smart and nuanced thinker. Girl has got finesse and skills. Sheila's a good writer,too.

I went to Sheila's blog to see what everyone was discussing. I noticed that one of the commenters is Carmon Friedrich. Is this the Carmon Friedrich of "prairie muffin" fame?

Lori has really taken a beating at Sheila's blog. Wasn't Happy Wife a frequent commenter on CM's blog? I know I've seen her before.

Happy Wife says:

August 30, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Candie T. I very much agre I do not believe that God wants women to watch their Christian husbands wallow in sin or that they should follow their husband into sin. My husband was very concerened about the things he read on Lori’s blog. After dscussing it we will not be readin it or recommending it anymore. If Lori does not believe that women should passively sit by while her Christian husband sins it should be clearer on her blog. If a woman mentions it once and the husband continues in sin I believe she should approach him lieke the brother in Christ he is and rebuke him in love. I do not believe God will smile on a marriage wear the wife is violating his principals because her husband told her to. This is a root difference between our beliefs and Lori’s. We do not think that a husban’d command’s trupm God’s. If a husband says to lie to save him money the wife will be violating a commandment of God if she follows his orders. If a husband is proivoking children to wrath and exasperation through sprots a woman should speak up for her children and prevent him from causing harm to the children. My husband is a human and as a godly man he wants me to speak up and tell him if he is being too harsh on our children or sinning. If he continues in sin he wants me to approach him with love and not let him slide into worse sinning.

I think Lori and Ken are going to start deleting old posts. The comment before this one refers to the "tax return" dilemma.

Lori has really taken a beating at Sheila's blog. Wasn't Happy Wife a frequent commenter on CM's blog? I know I've seen her before.

I think Lori and Ken are going to start deleting old posts. The comment before this one refers to the "tax return" dilemma.

Well fortunately (for everyone but them), they don't run the delete button here :) :nenner: :dance:

I didn't read CM's blog but Happy Wife used to post on Lori's blog until she disagreed with her over the Duggars. I just hope she doesn't homeschool.

I imagine that Sheila must get a smile on her face whenever she approves these sorts of comments. Oh to be a fly on the wall in Ken and Lori's house.

Archived