IGNORED

Lori's not sure God cares if women get = pay or the vote

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/08/does-god-care-about-feminists.html

Per God's little mouthpiece:

Does God care about the accomplishments of the feminist movement? I googled what the feminist movement accomplished and this is what I found ~

More women started careers instead of staying home with their children. In 1970, 8 percent of all medical school graduates and 5 percent of law school graduates were women. By 1998, those numbers had risen to 42 and 44 percent respectively. Women also made political gains as many ran for and were elected to office. {source}

I also know they helped abortion become legal, gave women the right to vote, and equal pay for equal work. Are these things important to God?

No, I think some of them are completely contrary to what God wants of women. He WANTS them staying home with their children. I doubt He cares about wives and mothers having careers and running for political office since almost all of the leadership positions held in the Bible were by men. I can't believe He would change His mind over the years because of the new {???} enlightenment.

I know He hates abortion. He hates the killing of the innocent. There is NO chance He supports abortion. What about equal pay for equal work? I am not sure about that since it is simply a result of women leaving their homes for careers and usually neglecting their husbands and homes. The right to vote? Not sure about that either since a wife's vote may cancel out her husband's vote who God has ordained as the head and leader of the home. {Please don't worry, feminists. I promise I will not try to take away your right to vote. Yes, I always vote and I vote exactly the same way that Ken does so I don't cancel out his vote.}

So does God care much about women? YES! He wants them to know how absolutely and completely loved they are by Him. He wants them to know He finds them worthy: worthy enough to send His only begotten Son to die for them; worthy enough to spend eternity with Him; worthy enough to be called His child; worthy enough to live mightily within in them giving them power to live godly lives. He LOVES women. He knows the best place for the majority of women is in the home ministering to their husbands and children. He knows this has eternal significance.

I tried the career path. I tried ruling over my husband. I didn't like it at all. It produced chaos and turmoil in my life. I am thankful I get to be home. I am thankful I was the one who raised my children. I am so thankful I have learned to be a godly, submissive help meet to my husband. Life is SO much better God's ways. Try it. You may find the abundant blessings flowing from doing things God's ways also!

I don't know that I've ever seen so much ignorance bottled up in one person before. :angry-banghead:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I even know how my husband votes most of the time. I mean, I generally know his political views, but I have never sat down and gone ever ever minutia of his ballot.

I think this all goes back to her total lack of concern for anything that she doesn't think concerns her.

She could give fuck all about politics (and wouldn't have the sense to understand it all even is she did), therefore, GOD probably doesn't care if women have the right to vote.

She has no intention of ever working (and has always been surrounded by men able and willing to support her), therefore, GOD doesn't care if women get equal pay.

Lori tried the career path and didn't like it/wasn't successful at it, therefore, GOD doesn't care if women have the ability to get an education and have a career.

She's glad she raised her children, and by "raised" she means SHE HAD A NANNY! Of course you shouldn't have one, but she did.

She's glad she's godly and submissive. :lol: :lol: :lol: Even though Ken came here and told us she wasn't being submissive.

I doubt He cares about wives and mothers having careers and running for political office since almost all of the leadership positions held in the Bible were by men. I can't believe He would change His mind over the years because of the new {???} enlightenment.

I'm an atheist. But if I still believed in God, I would think that God would be proud that many women are out in the world working various jobs. I think a loving God would appreciate the fact, that many women are working in the healthcare field. God might be happy that there are female lawyers out there working to help put criminals away or help people in need. I was raised Catholic and I remember one of the priests at the parish I attended with my family was always praising women in the workforce. He did a beautiful sermon years ago in which he encouraged women whether they were working or not to look towards Mary for strength in whatever they do. Even though my beliefs changed, I still respect that priest and I saw him last year at a relative's wedding. I bet that priest could kick Lori's ass on debate on this subject.

I've said this before in previous Lori threads, she is an idiot to not realize that the healthcare field benefits greatly from working women. Lori will never try to imagine how the current healthcare field would be without women. She has had several health problems over the years and still seems not to value the women who have helped her along the way. I wonder if Lori would ever grateful for a female paramedic or female cop who helped her or her family in an emergency. Even women who aren't nurses, cops, doctors, or paramedics have served Lori in various ways. I wonder if Lori avoids female cashiers at stores and I also wonder if she goes to a male hairdresser. (Not hating on male hairdressers)

She's glad she's godly and submissive. :lol: :lol: :lol: Even though Ken came here and told us she wasn't being submissive.

Here's the thing though. Before Lori was submissive, she and Ken did not communicate well. At all. We know that from Lori's posts and Ken's comments. Now, not only do they not communicate well, but Lori has it in her head (via Debi Pearl) that she is not permitted to communicate with Ken. The only reason they "get along" now is not because she's submissive, but because she shoves all her thoughts and feelings deep inside of her under the guise of submission. Lori and Debi claim that any communication with their husband is rebellion, even when done respectfully and full of grace. Lori doesn't have a submission problem, she has a communication problem.

I know He hates abortion. He hates the killing of the innocent. There is NO chance He supports abortion.

If I recall correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong) if you really read the bible, he's kinda cool with both. There's some stories where he's like "ya, kill all the young children and pregnant people."

If I recall correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong) if you really read the bible, he's kinda cool with both. There's some stories where he's like "ya, kill all the young children and pregnant people."

I just finished the book of Joshua and entire cities were wiped out because GOD TOLD JOSHUA TO DO IT.

This comment is by Genny... am I remembering correctly that she is Ken's aunt or something? If that's the case, is there a chance this comment won't be deleted?

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." Gen. 1:27 Males have been dominant since the beginning of time, because brute force ruled. And the human race has had war, after war, after war...........! It is the female who has the more nurturing nature, and seeks compromise and resolution. The delightful aspect of living in a country in which rights are protected is the freedom and opportunity to make choices, and couples who love each other and have common goals can certainly work together to achieve their goals. I see nothing in the life and ministry of Jesus that puts women in a subordinate position. Today the father is sometimes the house mom, and loves it. We have choices, and what works for one family doesn't work for another. We have choices!!!

Yeah, I think I remember something about cutting pregnant women open and dashing their babies on rocks. Not to mention that whole flood thing.

This comment is by Genny... am I remembering correctly that she is Ken's aunt or something? If that's the case, is there a chance this comment won't be deleted?

Family or no family, Genny's getting the delete.

She's so very defensive. Sara posted a genuine question:

I'm so curious about your voting the same ticket as Ken does. Is it part of being in submission to him? Or is it that you both hold very similar political views and therefore end up choosing the same candidates?

And Lori immediately throws her hands in the air and says

I knew this would be an issue!

Family or no family, Genny's getting the delete.

She replied!

Oh, I see MANY women who want to rule their husbands. In fact, I am listening to a pastor right now from Milwaukee who said cops are saying that women are fighting women more now than men because women want to be like men. This is NOT a good thing. Girls were so mean to me growing up. I just don't see women as seeking compromise and resolution as you do. In an idealistic world this would be wonderful, but as long as we live down on this earth, there will be wars and rumors of wars since Satan is the prince of the power of the air.

Sorry, Aunt Genny, you are wrong. Women are all monsters because I am a monster. And Satan.

Since God is (sometimes) presented as a "loving father," wouldn't He want his children - all of them - to be productive members of society, in some way or another, and make the best use of their talents, which is what most parents want for their kids? There's even a freaking parable about Talents. Not sure about what the kill-em-all version of God would want, and I won't even touch the idea of unmarried women supporting themselves.

She replied!

Sorry, Aunt Genny, you are wrong. Women are all monsters because I am a monster. And Satan.

Again, communication problem. Because Lori doesn't know how to treat Ken with respect and dignity and share her thoughts and feelings in a productive manner, NO woman is capable of this.

I think if God didn't want women to be able to achieve things (like earning equal pay for equal work, or being able to go to medical or law school or becoming engineers or scientists or politicians or any of thousands of other things) he would have made it IMPOSSIBLE for women to do that.

He would have made us have lower intelligence or "different" intelligence or whatever. He's God, he would have figured it out ;)

If he can create a world in 6 days. He'd certainly be able to figure out a way to keep women from being able to be as successful (or in some cases more successful) than men If that is what he wanted.

She replied!

Gee, I can't imagine why girls were mean to Lori when she was growing up. She's such a bundle of joy, goodness and light!

Newsflash! Girls are MEAN. YOU are proof, Lori! There is a whole movie about it called "Mean Girls." Kids are horrible to each other. By the time you are a "wise mentor," you should know better, but you seem to still be learning that lesson (unsuccessfully).

I doubt He cares about wives and mothers having careers and running for political office since almost all of the leadership positions held in the Bible were by men.

Funny thing, even as a fundy kid growing up, this is completely contrary to what I was taught. For one thing, there are undeniably strong women in the Bible who often held leadership positions, were named as prophets or acted in the role of a leader -- Deborah, Esther, Anna, Rachel, Elizabeth, Abigail, Jael. Several of them were married and mothers. To explain these away, we were taught that God lifted up women when no man could be found to lead (which is silly, but fundies and all). But Lori won't even make that concession: She denies they exist at all, which leads me to wonder if this bitch has ever even picked up a Bible much less read it.

He commands it in the case of cuckoldry, according to Numbers 5. But this would require that Lori not only read the Bible but have the intellectual ability to understand it. And, as we all know, Lori is functionally illiterate.

Wow! Lori is super fast with that delete button...impressive.

I saw a comment that I knew she'd delete so I grabbed a screen shot on my ipad. As soon as I did that, the comment was gone. I can't seem to get the photo to show up her, but here it is:

Anne:

Please acknowledge this without automatically deleting: your new daughter-in-law is a law student. How do you reconcile this? Now that she is married to your son, is she going to stay in school? Because of your generous honesty and transparency on this blog, it is easy for readers to learn these details about your family. I believe it is important to acknowledge what is going on for you and Ken to maintain credibility. Please answer.

There are many ways a REASONABLE person could answer this question but they would all require a loving and accepting attitude, which is why Lori just chose the delete option.

I saw a comment that I knew she'd delete so I grabbed a screen shot on my ipad. As soon as I did that, the comment was gone. I can't seem to get the photo to show up her, but here it is:

Anne:

Please acknowledge this without automatically deleting: your new daughter-in-law is a law student. How do you reconcile this? Now that she is married to your son, is she going to stay in school? Because of your generous honesty and transparency on this blog, it is easy for readers to learn these details about your family. I believe it is important to acknowledge what is going on for you and Ken to maintain credibility. Please answer.

There are many ways a REASONABLE person could answer this question but they would all require a loving and accepting attitude, which is why Lori just chose the delete option.

Kudos on catching that!

You are now a professional slanderer. Congratulations!

Anne:

I think the reason she won't answer is because she doesn't want to admit her DIL isn't going to follow the path Lori claims is the path women HAVE to follow. If the DIL had dropped being a lawyer to be a submissive SAHW Lori would be bringing it up more than she brings up the Duggars.

It's a VERY simple question: is your DIL in law school?

But in Lorken's world, it's slander.

LOL.

Sometimes the ridiculousness hits me like a wall and I laugh.

Archived