IGNORED

Lori's not sure God cares if women get = pay or the vote

Nooo Curious, don't you get it? Although God gave us equal intelligence, he trusted us not to use it and we betraaayed him! Or something.

Well that's God's fault then. He should have known better than to trust a woman! amirite?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, yeah, the typical understanding is that the OT laws are no longer applicable. Fundies are anything but typical/mainstream.

Being quiverfull, young-earth creationism, and beating your children are not typically defended using OT law anyway but rather other parts of the OT, like Genesis and Wisdom Literature. The Duggars selectively follow some OT laws (abstaining from sex after the birth of a child), but even they don't take Biblical child discipline to the extreme:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Murder trumps OT most likely ;)

Between Lori Anderson is a Monster's post today, and that video posted by a son telling his parents he's gay, I've starting to actually feel nauseous. Amazing how religion can make one feel so damn dirty, isn't it?

So, Lori, while your craziness at first kept me home, now it's forcing me out. I'll go do my grocery shopping and try to find a stranger to help...maybe reaching something on a top shelf or helping a senior. Anything to take me away from your hate-filled religion and make me feel like a good person again. And regardless of how minor a good deed it is, it will be more than you've given to humanity in the years that I've been reading your blog.

Making you feel dirty is the absolute purpose of many religions. It is how religion controls people.

Lori's daily spew is a reflection of her life. Hate filled, negative, disdainful of others. Ignoring her faulty dogma, she spews so much nastiness I'd never hang with her in real life, so I can't justify reading her blog except occasionally--just as one occasionally will look at some other monstrosity or freak show type thing.

I gather that Lori thinks women aren't quite people. I would suggest she speak for herself and not include me in that stupid generalization.

Lori:

We never told our children who to vote for. While they lived with us, I know they voted for the same things we did. They all love Jesus so our political views are all very similar but now they are all married and I know one of my daughters voted for the person her husband wanted.

See how cleverly she just tied sharing her political views to loving Jesus? :roll:

Lori:

I am well educated

Well educated you say? Do tell....

Lori:

frankly, you write a bit too intellectually for me. This is why I usually have Ken respond. My posts and thoughts are fairly simple. I am not a highly academic person. I would like to think I am a wise woman and that is all that matters to me. All your interpretations of words confuse me. I do read your responses but I don't always understand the point you are trying to make.

Random comment:

If something happened to my husband, Lord forbid, I know I could rely on my mom to help us through. Even then, I would still not want a degree.

Love it. She doesn't want a degree because WOMAN, but she expects her mom to support her and a gaggle of kids. Awesome.

Victoria says

There is so much more to feminism than the things mentioned above. I would rather call it the women's rights movement since it gives women the rights God gave them as human beings. the right to not be raped, abused, and to own property when a husband can't be found. The women's right movement helps rescue women from being less than human. There are many men that are part of this movement as well. There are many countries were the men use religion to make a women cover completely up with garments. In Africa women's genitals are being cut off. It's the movement in the US that are sending people to put a stop to this and empower women to move towards freedom and a choice. There are also Christian organizations that are helping widows and women to make and sell arts to provide were men have failed. I think God weeps at the abuse women face at the hands of men and I also believe he gave us a unique wisdom that can be useful in politics and the world. To me it is not all extreme militant teachings. There is so much use for it when put to use in a Godly way.

Lori replies

Christianity is what gives women dignity not some women's movement that has promoted the slaughtering of millions of unborn babies, petitions for birth control so women can fornicate at will and be used by men, etc. Jesus is the one who spoke to the woman at the well who no man was suppose to talk to. He was the one who defended the woman caught in adultery and told her to go and sin no more. He loved the women and gave them dignity. One of the last acts he did on earth was to make sure his mother was cared for. All those countries you spoke of need Jesus, not feminism.

I think I need to go take a walk and breathe after that.

This makes me want to set up a blog series something like Bible Study the FJ Way, where we go through the bible (uh and by we I don't really mean me because I don't know the bible well at all, but some of you got it going on!) from the beginning and break it down all logical like. You know, in context, not cherry picking, using actual meanings of words..things like that.

I would recommend anyone who is interested in that to use as part of their research an oldie but a goodie. The Woman's Bible, but Elizabeth Cady Stanton. It is available free for Kindle on Amazon

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the%20womans%20bible&sprefix=the+womans+bi%2Caps

and in various formats from Project Gutenberg gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/?query=womans+bible

She had the same issues women do today with interpretations, and clearly both men and women have since the bible became The Bible!

Lori and fundies forget that women were the first people to carry the news that Christ had risen from the dead. Wouldn't that mean that they were preaching the Gospel? THE HORROR!

From Mindy

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention. “Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.â€

Hosea 13:16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

He also slayed the first born males in Egypt. The king of Egypt was willing to let the Israelites go, but instead God kept hardening his heart just so he could inflict plagues and kill innocent children.

Does this sound like a God who is AGAINST abortion and slaughtering innocent children?

Lori's response:

God is God and He gets to choose who lives and who dies and those babies died because of the evil their parents were doing. However, He gives these verses to us ~

“You shall not murder. Exodus 20:13

Whoever takes a human life shall surely be put to death. Lev. 24:17

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord. Rom 12:19

Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. I John 3:15

Mindy replies to Lori

Doesn't matter. They were still innocent babies who could have lived a very different life than their parents. Its still abortion, no matter which way you look at it. Punishing innocent children because of what their parents did is NOT cool. I mean, what if you stole something and God said he was going to murder one of your children because of it? Is that really right?

Killing innocent babies is abortion. God not only did it himself, he made other people do it.

If someone went on a slaughtering spree of evil peoples babies, would you applaud them for what they did? Or would you be disgusted that someone killed them>?

Let's see.

1) More women went to work when it became less and less realistic for the typical family to get by on a single income. Also if God thinks it's so bad for women to work, explain Rebecca and Ruth. There's even the Book of Ruth.

2) Yeah, God may not care of we get the vote or equal pay since it's not like we're really equal in the bible, what with all the times we're not supposed to go near churches and stuff, because of our periods. How dare we not be knocked up.

But Jesus wouldn't judge us unclean, and he favored equality, such as with Mary Magdeline holding a higher position within his form of ministry than women were usually allowed to hold. Her importance gets swept under the rug though.

3) Not wanting the innocent to be killed? Explain ordering Joshua to kill his innocent son, and only rescinding the order when God realized Joshua would actually do it? (I'm tired--did I get those names right?) What about Job's innocent family that was killed off in a pissing match God had with the Devil? Has Satan ever killed off someone's family to make a point to God? Hm. Satan looks better here.

4) Since men are God, I'm sure "God loves women." He loves us to be servants and cub-buckets and airheads without a thought of our own.

5) Lori may be happier being a doormat, but I'm not. I tried the ruling-the-household thing. I tried being submissive. What my husband and I both like is for us to be EQUAL PARTNERS. He takes care of certain things he's better at, and I take care of others. Neither of us is the boss of the other. Lori and Ken never learned to respect each other. If they had, they could be equal partners too.

I don't think I even know how my husband votes most of the time. I mean, I generally know his political views, but I have never sat down and gone ever ever minutia of his ballot.

I know how mine votes. Any issues we differ on, we will sit and debate. Almost always one of us changes votes by being convinced by the other. Sometimes one of us didn't know something about an issue, or hadn't thought of it in a different way.

We have more of a complimentary marriage...in the TRUE sense of the word...the things he's good at, I'm not and the things I'm good at, he's not...so...we do the things we're good at and together we're good at almost everything! He does most of the cleaning and organizing since I suck at it and I do most of the financial stuff and mechanical stuff because that's what I'm good at doing. Its worked for this long, no point in changing things. Big things we discuss...and come to a consensus. If either one of us is totally against something then it doesn't get done or spent or whatever.

Lori is NOT a "submissive" wife...she's a manipulating shrew who needs to do us all a favor and shut the hell up.

Then how does she know she is voting exactly the same as Ken on every single candidate and issue? What if she voted for some random, local fence law and Ken voted against? She cancelled out his vote. OH NOZ.

Also, I need a life :P

She probably signed the ballot and handed it to him. It's not him telling her how to vote if he's the one filling it out.

'Cause Lori has already educated us that the Old Testament no longer matters one bit, because of something something something something. Or, in non-Biblical speak, the Old Testament doesn't matter anymore because it had some really nasty stuff in it and we don't want it to taint all the opportunities to be judgmental that exist in the New Testament.

The OT is good enough to condemn gay people. They cherry-picked that one.

I posted this in the wrong thread, so I'm reposting it here:

If you are looking for Biblical quotes on abortion and when life begins, Exodus 21:22 is the quote you want. Pregnant woman gets hit while stepping into a fight between men. If she has a miscarriage as a result, the man who hit her pays a fine. If there is any other harm done, it's eye for an eye, life for a life. Based on this, Jewish law has always been clear that fetuses were considered part of the mother and not a separate life with equal standing. Even if Christians don't follow OT laws, how can you rationally explain how the same God who gave this rule believes that a fertilized egg has exactly the same worth and protections as the mother?

Christianity is what gives women dignity not some women's movement that has promoted the slaughtering of millions of unborn babies, petitions for birth control so women can fornicate at will and be used by men, etc. Jesus is the one who spoke to the woman at the well who no man was suppose to talk to. He was the one who defended the woman caught in adultery and told her to go and sin no more. He loved the women and gave them dignity. One of the last acts he did on earth was to make sure his mother was cared for. All those countries you spoke of need Jesus, not feminism.

Oh, Lori, it takes 2 or more to fornicate.

[search][/search]

I posted this in the wrong thread, so I'm reposting it here:

If you are looking for Biblical quotes on abortion and when life begins, Exodus 21:22 is the quote you want. Pregnant woman gets hit while stepping into a fight between men. If she has a miscarriage as a result, the man who hit her pays a fine. If there is any other harm done, it's eye for an eye, life for a life. Based on this, Jewish law has always been clear that fetuses were considered part of the mother and not a separate life with equal standing. Even if Christians don't follow OT laws, how can you rationally explain how the same God who gave this rule believes that a fertilized egg has exactly the same worth and protections as the mother?

I saw an article from a 1970-something issue of Christianity Today cited that dealt with this passage. The conclusion was that abortion is allowed Biblically. In Christianity Today. Hardly a bastion of liberal Christianity. The extreme "pro-life" movement didn't begin until just a few decades ago when some politician (rusty on the details) wanted to rally Catholics to his cause.

EDIT: Here's one of the articles. The one that discussed the politician I cannot locate currently.

patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/02/18/the-biblical-view-thats-younger-than-the-happy-meal/

Let's see.

1) More women went to work when it became less and less realistic for the typical family to get by on a single income. Also if God thinks it's so bad for women to work, explain Rebecca and Ruth. There's even the Book of Ruth.

2) Yeah, God may not care of we get the vote or equal pay since it's not like we're really equal in the bible, what with all the times we're not supposed to go near churches and stuff, because of our periods. How dare we not be knocked up.

But Jesus wouldn't judge us unclean, and he favored equality, such as with Mary Magdeline holding a higher position within his form of ministry than women were usually allowed to hold. Her importance gets swept under the rug though.

3) Not wanting the innocent to be killed? Explain ordering Joshua to kill his innocent son, and only rescinding the order when God realized Joshua would actually do it? (I'm tired--did I get those names right?) What about Job's innocent family that was killed off in a pissing match God had with the Devil? Has Satan ever killed off someone's family to make a point to God? Hm. Satan looks better here.

4) Since men are God, I'm sure "God loves women." He loves us to be servants and cub-buckets and airheads without a thought of our own.

5) Lori may be happier being a doormat, but I'm not. I tried the ruling-the-household thing. I tried being submissive. What my husband and I both like is for us to be EQUAL PARTNERS. He takes care of certain things he's better at, and I take care of others. Neither of us is the boss of the other. Lori and Ken never learned to respect each other. If they had, they could be equal partners too.

Well, since you asked...Abraham. Abraham was ready and willing to sacrifice his son, Isaac. Joshua was sent to fight the battle of Jericho so he too would have been involved in the taking of many lives.

We have more of a complimentary marriage...in the TRUE sense of the word...the things he's good at, I'm not and the things I'm good at, he's not...so...we do the things we're good at and together we're good at almost everything! He does most of the cleaning and organizing since I suck at it and I do most of the financial stuff and mechanical stuff because that's what I'm good at doing. Its worked for this long, no point in changing things. Big things we discuss...and come to a consensus. If either one of us is totally against something then it doesn't get done or spent or whatever.

Lori is NOT a "submissive" wife...she's a manipulating shrew who needs to do us all a favor and shut the hell up.

Isn't that the truth? The thing is, I think SHE believes she is submissive (or at least that's what she tells herself). Ken probably does too. I think she's just manipulating the hell out of him and he doesn't get it.

On another blog today (To Love, Honor and Vacuum), Lori commented and spewed her garbage. She basically disagreed with Sheila who set her straight. Lori must be having a bad day because not only did people disagree with her on her own blog, they disagreed with her here as well and she couldn't delete their comments. Love it! Also, someone mentioned earlier that Lori must believe all marriages are unhappy and in need of her assistance. This comment on Sheila's blog bears that out:

We must live in two different worlds if you believe that most marriages rarely argue and fight and live in constant disagreement. The women I see, and who write to me regularly are those who once they admit their desire to be in control and lead their husbands ...

BTW, I think Lori left out the word 'don't' (live in constant disagreement) yet the gist of what she was trying to say is clear. Basically, since Lori's marriage sucks and she's a shrew, then it stands to reason that everyone's marriage sucks and other wives are as bad as she is. :cray-cray:

There's more spewage, of course:

Out of the thousand or so of couples I know, or have heard from, it is few to none that have a difficult, domineering or demanding husband who insist on complete submission, yet I can also think of only a small number of women who have ever come to a place of true heartfelt submission to their husbands.

And a humorous yet valid response:

Lori, I read your blog, too. You almost seem legalistic about submission. By my very nature I am very introverted. I find it difficult to express myself to most people, and most especially to my husband. When I read your posts about wifely submission I get more of the same of what I already do: Shut Up, Put Up, and Cover Up. So when I disagree with my husband I shut up, put up with whatever he wants and cover up my thoughts and emotions. What I need are more posts like Shelia’s (what I probably need is counseling but I know me and I know I likely won’t), but I gravitate more to yours because through yours I can justify not communicating like I should with my husband. I had asked you once on one of your posts what submission was supposed to look like, but it was one written by Ken that I found at least some clue. I know I can’t be the only one who struggles like this.

Anyway, the link to the blog is: http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014/08 ... ent-194277 (Lori's comments are near the top).

Finally, would someone read the comments of Minister and tell me if they sound like something CM would say? I ask this because you know he's not done with expressing his views on the Internet. This commenter came across as a little more coherent yet there was a strong CM vibe to it.

"...and together we're good at everything." I really REALLY love these words. :D

Isn't that the truth? The thing is, I think SHE believes she is submissive (or at least that's what she tells herself). Ken probably does too. I think she's just manipulating the hell out of him and he doesn't get it.

On another blog today (To Love, Honor and Vacuum), Lori commented and spewed her garbage. She basically disagreed with Sheila who set her straight. Lori must be having a bad day because not only did people disagree with her on her own blog, they disagreed with her here as well and she couldn't delete their comments. Love it! Also, someone mentioned earlier that Lori must believe all marriages are unhappy and in need of her assistance. This comment on Sheila's blog bears that out:

BTW, I think Lori left out the word 'don't' (live in constant disagreement) yet the gist of what she was trying to say is clear. Basically, since Lori's marriage sucks and she's a shrew, then it stands to reason that everyone's marriage sucks and other wives are as bad as she is. :cray-cray:

Anyway, the link to the blog is: http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014/08 ... ent-194277 (Lori's comments are near the top).

Finally, would someone read the comments of Minister and tell me if they sound like something CM would say? I ask this because you know he's not done with expressing his views on the Internet. This commenter came across as a little more coherent yet there was a strong CM vibe to it.

I certainly can see why you think "Minister's" comments might be CM, but I found myself very distracted by what "Lori" wrote. I'll bet my bottom dollar that Ken wrote those comments. That's his writing style, his walls of text and even one of his trademark phrases - "this will be my last comment on the subject." I just can't figure out why he's using Lori's name; he's never been shy before. Anyone else think it's Ken over there?

I certainly can see why you think "Minister's" comments might be CM, but I found myself very distracted by what "Lori" wrote. I'll bet my bottom dollar that Ken wrote those comments. That's his writing style, his walls of text and even one of his trademark phrases - "this will be my last comment on the subject." I just can't figure out why he's using Lori's name; he's never been shy before. Anyone else think it's Ken over there?

The thought never occurred to me until now. I'd say the first comment definitely sounds like Lori. The second and third comments do come off as if Ken said them. I agree with you that it is strange that he'd comment under Lori's name here since he's also known for commenting on Sheila's blog. Perhaps it was something she wanted to say but couldn't do it for some reason. Who knows?

Reading Minister's comment again, I definitely see traces of CM. He writes that Jesus is not the warm and fuzzy gentleman he is often portrayed to be. I think CM has said that a couple times. Also, he accuses Sheila of having a distrust of men. I seriously wanted to respond to Minister with "Cabinet Man?!? Is that YOU?"

Also, I LOVE how Sheila unloads on him for his accusation that she "distrusts men."

Sheila rocks. She sounds like an evangelical version of me, esp. when she's debating with Lori.

Archived