IGNORED

Lori's not sure God cares if women get = pay or the vote

Last night there was a comment on the wedding post scolding lori for letting her kids dance. Deleted this morning, but it have me a chuckle.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL @ Emily:

This was the only negative comment I saw about the wedding - and I saw it here because Lori had also deleted it before I read her post.

I read these comments and instantly think of reasonable responses to them and can't understand why Lori can't respond in a rational way. For this one, couldn't she have said "As parents of the groom, we did not host the wedding. If the bride's parents were able and willing to host such an elaborate and wonderful event, we were happy to attend and celebrate with the bride and groom"?

As for criticizing her for allowing her kids to dance, couldn't she have reasonably said "We cannot dictate the actions of our adult children; however, we don't happen to believe tasteful dancing is sinful"?

This is where she really could learn from bloggers like Sheila.

Lori, when Ken's busy, I'm happy to answer your commenters for you. Just give me a call. M'kay?

This was the only negative comment I saw about the wedding - and I saw it here because Lori had also deleted it before I read her post.

I read these comments and instantly think of reasonable responses to them and can't understand why Lori can't respond in a rational way. For this one, couldn't she have said "As parents of the groom, we did not host the wedding. If the bride's parents were able and willing to host such an elaborate and wonderful event, we were happy to attend and celebrate with the bride and groom"?

As for criticizing her for allowing her kids to dance, couldn't she have reasonably said "We cannot dictate the actions of our adult children; however, we don't happen to believe tasteful dancing is sinful"?

This is where she really could learn from bloggers like Sheila.

Lori, when Ken's busy, I'm happy to answer your commenters for you. Just give me a call. M'kay?

Lori claims she doesn't have time to respond to ever "detractor" but she has enough time to stalk the comments and delete dissenting comments within minutes so I think that's a bold faced lie.

It gave me a chuckle that Sheila pointed out how Lori is so extreme she wouldn't even view Sheila as a submissive wife. Anyone who does anything but meekly accept abuse is not submissive enough for Lori.

I'm disappointed none of the readers of Lori's blog brought up how Ken thinks there are situations where a child molester can stay in the home with the child he molested.

It gave me a chuckle that Sheila pointed out how Lori is so extreme she wouldn't even view Sheila as a submissive wife. Anyone who does anything but meekly accept abuse is not submissive enough for Lori.

I'm disappointed none of the readers of Lori's blog brought up how Ken thinks there are situations where a child molester can stay in the home with the child he molested.

Conflict resolution is "fleshly"

L-O-freaking-L

Karen says

Music can always change my mood. Fernando Ortega, Chris Rice, and Selah! Kids love to dance and sing. Lori, thanks for letting me post again. For awhile all my comments were deleted instantly for some reason. It must be hard to know who is legitimate and who wants to stir up the pot. I think it helps more people to respond in kindness. That way if they are sincere you don't lose a follower and if they are trolls they will get bored and go elsewhere. Just my opinion.

Seriously. Lori is out of frickin' control.

Does anyone else think it's weird that Steven Alexander refers to himself as doctor BEFORE he starts dental school? I mean, if this is a thing, I'm going to start referring to myself as doctor because I might someday go to grad school to get my Ph.D...

Also, I like to think that at least two unmarried people at Steven and Emily's reception got it on in the bathroom...just to prove Lori wrong.

And for the love of Jeebus, Lori, it's an AISLE, not an ISLE. Former teachers like you are the reason America is ranked 22nd for reading. :pull-hair:

Steven graduated from dentistry school as a dentist. He is now doing an advanced education program in orthodontics. So, just like medical residents are both doctors and students, Steven is correct to use the title doctor.

Archived