IGNORED

Lori's not sure God cares if women get = pay or the vote

Reading Minister's comment again, I definitely see traces of CM. He writes that Jesus is not the warm and fuzzy gentleman he is often portrayed to be. I think CM has said that a couple times. Also, he accuses Sheila of having a distrust of men. I seriously wanted to respond to Minister with "Cabinet Man?!? Is that YOU?"

Also, I LOVE how Sheila unloads on him for his accusation that she "distrusts men."

Yes! All of this.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Minister is DEFINITELY CabinetMan. Lordy, dude, you are obvious. Are you an internet addict? Can't keep off the old submission blogs, eh?

I have no doubt in my mind minister is CM. CM has actively opposed Sheila and I am certain he hasn't given up his disdain for her now that he's "moved to Alaska"

I have no doubt in my mind minister is CM. CM has actively opposed Sheila and I am certain he hasn't given up his disdain for her now that he's "moved to Alaska"

Agreed. CM stated once that he has followed Sheila for three years because she was teaching error and he wanted to help "bring her to repentance" or something along those lines. I immediately thought Minister sounded like CM (perhaps not as blunt) and wondered if Sheila picked up on it as well since they've butted heads several times over the years. I was happy that she threatened to can him if he pulled any more shenanigans.

ETA that Minister commented several days ago and the feeling wasn't as strong then although I did wonder.

Agreed. CM stated once that he has followed Sheila for three years because she was teaching error and he wanted to help "bring her to repentance" or something along those lines. I immediately thought Minister sounded like CM (perhaps not as blunt) and wondered if Sheila picked up on it as well since they've butted heads several times over the years. I was happy that she threatened to can him if he pulled any more shenanigans.

ETA that Minister commented several days ago and the feeling wasn't as strong then although I did wonder.

I'm pretty surprised he even considers her a Christian. Usually anyone that dares oppose him is labeled an apostate.

[search][/search]

I saw an article from a 1970-something issue of Christianity Today cited that dealt with this passage. The conclusion was that abortion is allowed Biblically. In Christianity Today. Hardly a bastion of liberal Christianity. The extreme "pro-life" movement didn't begin until just a few decades ago when some politician (rusty on the details) wanted to rally Catholics to his cause.

EDIT: Here's one of the articles. The one that discussed the politician I cannot locate currently.

patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/02/18/the-biblical-view-thats-younger-than-the-happy-meal/

Thanks for this, (Even before I read it)

The anti abortion movement is so much about controlling women--making them "pay" for having sex, keeping them out of the workplace, etc. The anti abortion movement uses the "save the baby" to get more foot soldiers, but there is never a letters to the editors type situation discussing abortion that doesn't immediately go to the "Women who don't want babies should keep their legs together." The anti contraceptive movements are the same way.

Let's face it, abortion was no doubt happening in old testament days, but is not addressed specifically. If the leaders of the time had cared, I'm sure God would have said something about it.

LOL @ Lori describing the dancing at the wedding as "decent"

She always has to sound holy, even about STUPID stuff.

My theory about today's post: Ken realized that we were onto Lori's motives for her recent posts - to attack her new daughter in law, so he told her to write a "Pro-Emily" post. This is the best she could do.

My theory about today's post: Ken realized that we were onto Lori's motives for her recent posts - to attack her new daughter in law, so he told her to write a "Pro-Emily" post. This is the best she could do.

She might be an ebil feminist law student but at least she can throw a good party!

The only thing that could be better is if Steven recognized Lori's motives for her recent posts and told her to STFU and stop passive-aggressively attacking his wife or else.

The only thing that could be better is if Steven recognized Lori's motives for her recent posts and told her to STFU and stop passive-aggressively attacking his wife or else.

If/when Steven sets his mother straight, she'll still claim a moral victory. She'd rather piously cling to her "calling" to preach than have a loving relationship with her kids.

If/when Steven sets his mother straight, she'll still claim a moral victory. She'd rather piously cling to her "calling" to preach than have a loving relationship with her kids.

God tells me to teach younger women and that's all I do.

^ Lori's comeback for EV.ER.Y.THING.

I certainly can see why you think "Minister's" comments might be CM, but I found myself very distracted by what "Lori" wrote. I'll bet my bottom dollar that Ken wrote those comments. That's his writing style, his walls of text and even one of his trademark phrases - "this will be my last comment on the subject." I just can't figure out why he's using Lori's name; he's never been shy before. Anyone else think it's Ken over there?

Omg, I am so glad I am not the only one! It has got to be Ken. Doesn't sound like Lori at all.

I just want to comment that Lori needs to do some seriouse damage control if she doesn't want to end up in a nursing home if Ken dies first.

I know I wouldn't want her to have too much time to spew idiotic garbage to my kids.

Well, since you asked...Abraham. Abraham was ready and willing to sacrifice his son, Isaac. Joshua was sent to fight the battle of Jericho so he too would have been involved in the taking of many lives.

And things didn't work out so well for Jephthah's daughter (Judges 11). He decided to kill his daughter in exchange for God's help on the battlefield...and he killed her.* God didn't step in to stay his hand. But she was just a pesky female, after all.

*Unless you subscribe to the school of apologetics which says he didn't kill her, but ONLY locked her up for the rest of her life.

That had to be Ken. Lori cannot write that well and she usually gets him to tackle anything tough. I bet it is killing her that she isn't in control and can't delete all the comments that disagree with her. It warms my dark heart to see that some readers of her blog see that her teachings are extreme.

Yes, that's got to be Ken. One of the giveaways for me was the comment about "of the thousand or so couples that I know".

That hyperbole really was typical of Ken. Anybody on here actually KNOW a thousand couples? I sure don't; especially not well enough to be aware of the states of their marriages. But to be fair, he is at least being a little more realistic. I'm pretty sure he once claimed to have helped MILLIONS of couples.

That had to be Ken. Lori cannot write that well and she usually gets him to tackle anything tough. I bet it is killing her that she isn't in control and can't delete all the comments that disagree with her. It warms my dark heart to see that some readers of her blog see that her teachings are extreme.

I agree because until I found FJ, I thought I must be living on another planet when Lori's and CM's readers would give them frequent tongue baths. We know with Lori that she was/is madly deleting everything but with CM, I was really SMH at times. It's especially nice to see the commenters pushing back at Lori's nonsense on Sheila's blog. Lori's even commenting today in retaliation and boy, she seems ticked off. :lol:

ETA that Sheila is really serving it up to Lori again. Can't tell you how much I love this!

This will be my last comment on any of your posts dealing with this issue, Sheila, since this is your blog and you have every right to teach what you feel is biblical. I know you love Jesus and desire to please Him with you ministry. I won’t argue this with you anymore, but I just want to say a few things before I quit. :) I have some women who constantly argue with me on a certain topic I teach and it gets wearisome and I don’t want to become a burden to you.

In less that 24 hours she made 5 more posts on the exact same topic on Shelia's blog. (Is there a liar, liar pants on fire smiley here somewhere :whistle: )

One of her comments began with the following:

One last comment, Sheila

Of course she immediately followed it with another comment.

Lying is a sin Lori...it makes Jesus cry :twisted:

Ken just can't stay away. :lol: I loved that Sheila slapped down Lorken when she tried to say that Sheila's ideas only worked because her husband was easy going.

My comment got approved:

Hi, Ken! *waves*

Sheila, I wanted to say that I appreciate the way you teach submission. Though I am a Christian, I don’t subscribe to complementarianism. However, I think the way you discuss it avoids the pitfalls that are sometimes found in complementarian theology such as enabling abuse instead of denouncing it.

So thank you for your grace regarding such a complicated and controversial topic.

:D

Ken just can't stay away. :lol: I loved that Sheila slapped down Lorken when she tried to say that Sheila's ideas only worked because her husband was easy going.

I love that if you read between the line, Lori is clearly saying, "Well yes, that might work if your husband's not an asshole!"

Archived