IGNORED

Time for that much needed special Family Time

fundiefan

blog.titus2.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/IMG_2774.jpg

Poor Sarah wrote:

Pringles are a staple for hiking.

Bloody hell, they had two tubes of Pringles this year, last year only the one.

Like last year it seems Stud John has the Chore Card™ to look after them, and sadly judging by the picture it looks like the highlight of his ' what some would call a vacation' vacation.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would give anything to see a fundie do a dress swap with one of the traveller brides from My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Their theology is fairly in line... lots of kids, no sex before marriage, women have to be silent in church, ask dad for the daughter's hand, married at an absurdly young age ect ect. Only thing is that most travellers are Catholic, of course, and most fundies think Catholicism isn't real Christianity.

Me three I thought nr Anna might be pregnant because she's still in frumpers. Didn't even think about the baby on aunties back thing. When do we get more pictures if the stud? I'm feeling let down

Another thing why do all the married maxwells cling onto each other like newfound lovers for the photos. Blurk. Unless it was me with john the stud then I'd totally be stuck to his hip. But you know it's JOHN..

Because they're starved for affection and physical contact.

The Maxwell 'children' are all close friends because they have no other option.

Just like they all choose to live safe at home because they have no other option.

Why couldn't one of the reversal boys carry Ruthie? We know R Anna is the perfect fundie helpmeet-to-be and always willing (a'la one of Lydia of Purple's daughters) but wouldn't carrying a baby in a heavy carrier while walking on roots and rocks be more of a guy thing? Why the hell are those Maxhell boys working out and lifting weights when they don't step in to help carry a kid on the trail?!?

About NR Anna's frumper... Those "sporty skirts" the original Maxwell ladies wear must be very inconvenient while hiking, but think about hiking in that heavy denim jumper... hell on Earth :penguin-no:

I think that NR Anna wears denim frumpers for the same reasons that the rest of us wear jeans; they're comfortable (comparably comfortable at any rate) and hardwearing. Jeans aren't exactly hiking wear, but they're the least bad option in most non-hikers' wardrobes.

There's no point in NR Anna spending large wads of cash on a garment that's only likely to fit her for one holiday. She's entered the hamster wheel of childbearing and nursing and she's not likely to be getting off for another 15 years or more.

The rest of the Maxwell women can spend up big. There'll be no pregnancies for any of them.

They got up at 2.47 in the freaking morning to go climbing? Fuck that. Even if they do need to be on the road at 4 local time, why the heck are they wasting an hour and a quarter getting ready? Here's a plan: get ready the night before, roll out of bed and you can be out the door in 5 minutes. 10 minutes maximum. Do Bible time and eating while you're in the car if you really can't bear to skip it. For ppl who pride themselves on being organised and efficient, they really are hopeless.

I think that NR Anna wears denim frumpers for the same reasons that the rest of us wear jeans; they're comfortable (comparably comfortable at any rate) and hardwearing. Jeans aren't exactly hiking wear, but they're the least bad option in most non-hikers' wardrobes.

There's no point in NR Anna spending large wads of cash on a garment that's only likely to fit her for one holiday. She's entered the hamster wheel of childbearing and nursing and she's not likely to be getting off for another 15 years or more.

The rest of the Maxwell women can spend up big. There'll be no pregnancies for any of them.

They got up at 2.47 in the freaking morning to go climbing? Fuck that. Even if they do need to be on the road at 4 local time, why the heck are they wasting an hour and a quarter getting ready? Here's a plan: get ready the night before, roll out of bed and you can be out the door in 5 minutes. 10 minutes maximum. Do Bible time and eating while you're in the car if you really can't bear to skip it. For ppl who pride themselves on being organised and efficient, they really are hopeless.

They have to have morning bible time before the hike. Can not get out of routine, even if one is on what some might call a vacation. May send you straight to hell.

They have to have morning bible time before the hike. Can not get out of routine, even if one is on what some might call a vacation. May send you straight to hell.

I have noted the "bible time" before the description of every hike and also wondered why don't they have it in the car or afterward as part of their daily dose of saving themselves from hell. They really can't steer away from any variation of the routine, even while on vacation.

Apparently they can't even cope with setting the clock back an hour. Perhaps they're afraid the 'children' will discover the joys of staying in bed for an extra hour on their first morning on (what some might call a) vacation and forevermore refuse to get up for Bible Time at the crack of sparrow fart.

Edited because I do know the difference between their and they're.

Me three I thought nr Anna might be pregnant because she's still in frumpers. Didn't even think about the baby on aunties back thing. When do we get more pictures if the stud? I'm feeling let down

Is NR Anna ever not in frumpers?

They pull out Proverbs 31 every single friking time they have a blog post about one of the womenfolk. Do they think that's the only chapter in the Bible that has anything to say about, or to, women?

(Probably :roll: )

OMG their misuse of bible quotes makes me crazy! In a bus-washing post: “Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.†On viewing winter scenery: “By the breath of God frost is given.†Another bus-washing: “Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean:

wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.†(All verses taken from January 2010 and originally included chapter, verse, etc, but the formatting was stupid so I didn't carry them over.) It's like Sarah has an e-bible and just discovered the keyword search function. :roll:

Ugh, yes once again Sarah's narrative post on the hiking trip is annoying. She starts out writing 'you' ( as if she wants you to IMAGINE being there) and then abruptly changes to 'we'.

I admit I have the imagination of a 12 year old boy, but this sentence from the latest post made me :lol: : "About 9:45, the first Maxwells summit!"

Apparently they can't even cope with setting the clock back an hour. Perhaps they're afraid the 'children' will discover the joys of staying in bed for an extra hour on their first morning on (what some might call a) vacation and forevermore refuse to get up for Bible Time at the crack of sparrow fart.

Edited because I do know the difference between their and they're.

Even if it's only a hour different, it's important to set clocks to local time. I mean, how can you interact with people and get to church on time if you don't keep the local time?

Oh...wait....Maxwells. Never mind. These people could go to Asia and stay on Kansas time because they'd never visit any tourist attractions that might be reflective of a religion other than Steveism.

Oh...wait...Maxwells. They'd never fly to Des Moines, let alone Asia, because wicked TSA is living for a chance to cop a feel.

Yes, this is one family that only vacations to a place in the middle of nowhere with people they spend 24/7 with anyways. I don't suppose it makes any difference what time zone they exist in.

Why do the Maxwells need be organized or efficient? It's not like they have to get to work on time or have deadlines on anything. The Maxwells have so few God Steve-approved things they can do to fill the hours of their interminable days, so time management means to make all activities last as long as possible. Multi-tasking = :penguin-no:

They "tried" to be quiet so as not to wake sleeping campers before sparrow fart. I hope they were quiet as little mice and didn't just "try." Bloody inconsiderate.

Steve, as we know you are reading here, please tell poor Sarah that next time she tries to write about boring hikes (sorry, summiting) as an exciting story she picks a tense and sticks to it. Her wavering between present and past tense made me itch for my red editing pen.

Beautiful scenery though.

Ugh, yes once again Sarah's narrative post on the hiking trip is annoying. She starts out writing 'you' ( as if she wants you to IMAGINE being there) and then abruptly changes to 'we'.

Haha that annoyed me too. So weird.

Another thing why do all the married maxwells cling onto each other like newfound lovers for the photos. Blurk. Unless it was me with john the stud then I'd totally be stuck to his hip. But you know it's JOHN..

I've noticed this too. I think it's each man's way of saying "Look at me! I'm married, which means I get to touch a woman and HAVE SEX!"

That actually makes me sad because it's true.

It makes me really sad too. I actually had this image of Anna reaching for Ruthie to comfort her and Christopher telling her not to hold that baby. :cry:

Is NR Anna ever not in frumpers?

ITA. Rarely do you see her out of frumpers. I'm pretty sure she had that denim one before she first got pregnant.

Maybe if they deviated by one hour off schedule, even if it was because of the time zone, Steve worried that all hell would break loose and they would either sit and be lazy for a bit as it has given them a free hour unscheduled, or miss out an important chore because that hour went missing. Or that they would all be crying in corners over their body being programmed to do something at a certain time but not being able to do it and being completely confused.

I've noticed this too. I think it's each man's way of saying "Look at me! I'm married, which means I get touch a woman and HAVE SEX!"

Total modesty fail.

I don't think I've seen Anna in anything new since her marriage. Really, Chris, can't you spring for a new dress or two for your wife? :roll:

So, what do you think the "elderly" are doing for these 2 Sundays with no "leadership". I have visions of snappy music and lots of dancing! Maybe even a few games of cards! :dance:

WTF

The Maxwells are possibly the only people who can make reading about hiking boring. I love hiking. I love mountains. I like to camp and their not-a-vacation seems much nicer to me than a trip to disney world. But argh. Why such an early start? I know they are worried about weather or whatever, but why not just pack a rain jacket? Why not let the girls wear hiking pants to hike? Although I would take the skirt (with shorts under) over jeans. Why. Why is Sarah's writing so painfully boring?

Archived