IGNORED

Time for that much needed special Family Time

fundiefan

It's weird because the website Jesse did for John Marie's business is not too bad.

But, this one and the one they had for Maxwell and Sons Construction is just awful.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if the Maxwells have ever been to Disney world? Would that be too much fun for the whole family? I feel sad when I see one of the Max slaves making cookies on what some might call a vacation. I realize some people just like to bake but to me it's a vacation! Get outta the kitchen! Also I cannot tell the Maxwell daughters apart except for Mary. The rest I just see Teri's oddly shaped mouth, long hair, skirt, lather, rinse, repeat.

There is no way the Maxwells would ever visit Disney World.

A few years back they visited the Creation Museum (on someone else's dime, of course), and skipped one of the presentations there because it was based on the movie Men in Black.

They also hid their eyes during one presentation that showed some kind of violence. I don't recall what it was about.

So, if the Creation friggin' Museum has objectionable stuff, can you imagine them at Disney?

"The extended family left...." Who the heck talks like that??? Why not just say Nat and Chris's families left, or my brothers families left.... :cray-cray:

Only Abby got to feed the chipmunks this year.... :cry: Guess the other little's weren't good enough this year.... :roll:

Have you noticed, where ever they go, there are zero or very few people around.

If you are not living in the same house even if its across the street you are extended family. Yeah I've noticed the isolation thing too. When they went to the safari thing a few years ago for Stevies birthday they got a tram just for them, and when they hike they get up so early others aren't around to defraud them.

I don't know who wrote the design brief (seems to be Jesse) and who wrote the (hopefully) placeholder text on the irrigation website, but it really seems like it's two different people. The design brief is fairly articulate--I wish some of my clients would be that thorough--while the website is…not. If the website is a work-in-progress though, and it sure seems like it, I can't for the life of my figure out why they'd take it live. It's VERY half-assed, but then so was the construction site. I also wonder why they'd pay $900 to have someone design the site when they've done it themselves and could keep it in the family. I'm sure if wouldn't be free labor if Nathan or Joe put it together but at least they wouldn't have to deal with the many heathens to take on the projects on 99 Designs.

But one thing really stood out in the brief: "We do irrigation design for agriculture and target growers around the world and have done work all across the US and in Central America." Based on everything we've read about the Maxwells, I say LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE! Really Maxwell sons? You've been to Central America? When exactly was that, hmmm? Do you have a transporter that beams you there because you NEVER seem to leave home for extended periods of time without taking the rest of the clan with you. Hasn't Steve-O declared air travel off limits because of the security screenings? So 'splain to me when you've done work across the US, let alone Central America. I'm waiting… I sure as hell can't imagine a BUSINESS trusting their irrigation needs to a company that can only consult via Skype. Lying makes the baby Jebus cry.

I think Steve once responded to a comment asking something about Nathan's family by saying that once the children marry, they become an autonomous unit. We know so little about what goes on with Nathan and Chris's families because it's only reported on when they enter Steve's orbit. Otherwise, zero, zip, nada.

As for Sarah, I think she's one of those people who will never question how she's been raised, just to preserve her sanity. Some people can question, decide that they've been misled and change direction, while others become more entrenched. Not because they truly believe, but because facing and acknowledging the truth would be devastating. For Sarah, it would mean admitting that her father was wrong, that her mother was wrong, that everything they were brought up to believe was wrong. She doesn't strike me as having the strength she would need to get past the shock. I think it's much easier for her to continue deluding herself that this is really what god had in mind for her and if she's unhappy, it HER fault for not being good enough.

All Maxwell emails go through their filtering software. And they don't publicise their "private" email addresses, which aren't actually private cause they have a policy whereby Teri can inspect them at any time.

Well who says that Teri won't enjoy it? ;)

A few years back they visited the Creation Museum (on someone else's dime, of course), and skipped one of the presentations there because it was based on the movie Men in Black.

They also hid their eyes during one presentation that showed some kind of violence. I don't recall what it was about.

So, if the Creation friggin' Museum has objectionable stuff, can you imagine them at Disney?

There is a ridiculous amount of violence in the Bible. How do they shield their precious "children" from that?

They all went earlier in the vacation. Abby was lucky blessed enough to go back a second time. Perhaps she prayed harder than her sisters.

This is one area where you can say I am stricter than the Maxwells. I would not allow any child in my care to get that close to those little critters. Sure, we all snark on the Duggars for dragging their teenagers to farms and petting zoos, but that would be a nice place to take the little Maxwells. At least those animals have had all their shots!

Catching up here on recent Maxwell news!1!!

With Poor Sarah, didn't stevie forced hershe post on the blog that she was feeling "ungrateful" for her lot? but of course was saved?

The John-Marie-gate is interesting. Gosh, he has had a makeover and his girlfriend is defrauding. So did his parents make him visit the Maxwells, hence the rebellion? My view is that Stevie used John-Marie's family to milk information on how to set up an irrigation business as Stud John is good with his hands rather than 1ton romp stuff. :wink-penguin:

They have just arrived home, after a "crazy-busy summer " and after a few days of cleaning on Wednesday the autumn show starts.

I liked the post title "Randomness" on the blog. The Maxwells do nothing random ever, so I didn't realize Sarah had the word in her vocabulary.

Not even based on Men in Black, if I remember correctly - the presentation was called Men in White and was some sort of jokey evolution "debunking" video with two actors playing angels (hence the name), and they skipped it because they had heard from someone else that the title of it (not even the presentation, mind you) was a parody of "a Hollywood movie." So, you know, you won't hear a thing in this video that is inconsistent with your narrow worldview, but the title of it is maybe a movie pun, so better safe than sorry.

Steve created his own Disney World

More like Dismay World.

The idea of a Maxwell-inspired version of Disney World is intriguing, though. My first thought is "Do you know how long you you will have to stand in line to go wherever you go when you die?"

Not even based on Men in Black, if I remember correctly - the presentation was called Men in White and was some sort of jokey evolution "debunking" video with two actors playing angels (hence the name), and they skipped it because they had heard from someone else that the title of it (not even the presentation, mind you) was a parody of "a Hollywood movie." So, you know, you won't hear a thing in this video that is inconsistent with your narrow worldview, but the title of it is maybe a movie pun, so better safe than sorry.

Wow. Just when I think I have acclimated myself to the crazy that is Steve's world, I hear something like this. :shock:

One random aside for those of you who met them in person, do they, especially the kids, have an odd speech pattern? Being so sheltered, I wonder if they have picked up an exaggerated form of their parents' speech (like the Arndt boys). Same goes for their mannerisms.

OK, now the idea of Walt Steve Maxwell's Dismay World is stuck in my head.

We all know what the most famous ride would be. That's right! Everybody sing:

It’s a world of Satan, a world of tears.

It’s a world of sins and a world of fears.

And we Maxwells must share

That it’s time you're aware

It’s a doomed world after all!

It’s a doomed world after all

It’s a doomed, doomed world!

There is just one God,

We speak for his Son,

And we think we’re better than everyone.

As the mountains we climb,

We believe you are slime,

It’s a doomed world after all!

It’s a doomed, doomed world!

[bBvideo 560,340:pw2prir8]

[/bBvideo]

I do apologize for the potential earworm. My advice is to go listen to some other music right away, and, if possible, sing along loudly.

But can't you just picture the little Maxwellesque dolls? :shock:

OMG, Earworm Madness! BUT, my hat is once again off to you, Thoughful, for being our most genius songstress. I hate you for it, but I love you! ;)

Wow. Just when I think I have acclimated myself to the crazy that is Steve's world, I hear something like this. :shock:

One random aside for those of you who met them in person, do they, especially the kids, have an odd speech pattern? Being so sheltered, I wonder if they have picked up an exaggerated form of their parents' speech (like the Arndt boys). Same goes for their mannerisms.

This is their warning about the Creation Museum:

We did not go to the Men in White or the Dragon video. We did go to the Second Adam video at the end. In this video, Jesus is clearly presented as the Perfect Sacrifice, but it was too graphic for us, and so we just closed our eyes for a little while.

My understanding was that the Men in White was a take-off of some popular movie. That was not consistent with our heart’s direction for the family.

There also was a graffiti section in the museum that we walked through without stopping. It was higlighting the consequences in our society of rejecting God. We needed no reminding of the sin as we are sadly aware of that.

blog.titus2.com/2007/10/04/men-of-vision-creation-science-museum/

OMG, Earworm Madness! BUT, my hat is once again off to you, Thoughful, for being our most genius songstress. I hate you for it, but I love you! ;)

I disagree about my being the most genius songstress -- we have some pretty fabulous song parodists here -- but thank you for the compliment.

And I accept your love, but reject the hate! :D

These may not cure your earworm, but might make it more tolerable:

[bBvideo 560,340:3mvp9b87]

[/bBvideo]

[bBvideo 560,340:3mvp9b87]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WfLkVBI4KI[/bBvideo]

Humor the Maxwells would never get.

This is their warning about the Creation Museum:

We did not go to the Men in White or the Dragon video. We did go to the Second Adam video at the end. In this video, Jesus is clearly presented as the Perfect Sacrifice, but it was too graphic for us, and so we just closed our eyes for a little while.

My understanding was that the Men in White was a take-off of some popular movie. That was not consistent with our heart’s direction for the family.

There also was a graffiti section in the museum that we walked through without stopping. It was higlighting the consequences in our society of rejecting God. We needed no reminding of the sin as we are sadly aware of that.

blog.titus2.com/2007/10/04/men-of-vision-creation-science-museum/

About the bold part. I think this has been said already but if the Maxwells can't handle a depiction of Jesus being sacrificed then how do they handle reading the bible? Maybe they only read certain parts?

About the bold part. I think this has been said already but if the Maxwells can't handle a depiction of Jesus being sacrificed then how do they handle reading the bible? Maybe they only read certain parts?

Given the stellar education they receive, I honestly think there are parts or the Bible they can read, but lack enough comprehension skills to understand what the passage is about. Good chunks of the the OT are as violent as any R-rated movie.

I was just thinking about the Maxwell's education level and it occurred to me:

-They were taught by a college educated mom

-They had school for a large portion of the day (this was scheduled- they did not miss their schedule)

-They did not have to spend half of their school day teaching younger siblings

-They had actual textbooks (not just the Bible)

These are things that most other SOTDRT families don't have. We have seen evidence (Sarah's "writing") that there homeschooling was not that awesome- and they actually had an advantage over most graduates of SOTDRT! I can't imagine what some of the education levels of other families are.

I was just thinking about the Maxwell's education level and it occurred to me:

-They were taught by a college educated mom

-They had school for a large portion of the day (this was scheduled- they did not miss their schedule)

-They did not have to spend half of their school day teaching younger siblings

-They had actual textbooks (not just the Bible)

These are things that most other SOTDRT families don't have. We have seen evidence (Sarah's "writing") that there homeschooling was not that awesome- and they actually had an advantage over most graduates of SOTDRT! I can't imagine what some of the education levels of other families are.

Yep. They had the Harvard of SODRT education. I shudder when I think of Jessica (aka: Latisha) "educating" her children.

Does anyone know what the Maxwells were doing this summer that caused it to be a "crazy busy" summer? As far as I know, they only had one conference.

Does anyone know what the Maxwells were doing this summer that caused it to be a "crazy busy" summer? As far as I know, they only had one conference.

They went to a couple of county fairs, Granddad Rex and Grandma Maxwell died in May (about a week apart) so maybe there was estate issues to settle.

Archived