IGNORED

Time for that much needed special Family Time

fundiefan

Running is actually very family friendly. Just not Maxwell levels of family friendly.

Well, really, what is? :D

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they r allowed to vote. Although I am sure they r only allowed to vote for who Steve tells them to.

I wonder if any Maxwell offspring have ever secretly voted for someone other than a Steve approved candidate. Just to have the personal knowledge of doing something of their own choice. Steve is probably miffed he can't be in the same voter booth with each of them and makes them confess who they voted during Bible time that night.

Feeding chipmunks.

eh, I dunno, chipmunks are pretty naked...

That is intersting. Because crazy fundies like the PP have preached in several sermons that women shouldn't have the right to vote, as it is against the bible.

It goes to show how these fundies pick and choose which biblical laws they want to obey and how they interpret them differently.

There was a blog entry (probably for the 2012 presidential election, but I can't be sure) that showed some of the Maxwell adultchildren voting at a local public school. I don't remember which Maxwells were in the photo, but there were both males and females.

Kind of late to the game, but I could have just copy and pasted my last year's posting about the Maxwell not-vacation. Their cabin seems to have changed, but otherwise, it is essentially the same thing they do every year. They will go hiking, canoeing, have Bible time, "special" family time, dinners together, and will avoid everyone not related to them. Oh, and talk about death. Does that about cover it? The Maxwells seem to enjoy being banal. The hiking thing was probably created to replace the running that Steve used to do. He can't go back to rubbing shoulders with the plebs again, and certainly can't allow his family to do the same. Walking with the family was a Maxwell approved replacement for the running and I guess the hiking on mountains is a replacement for the marathons. Frankly, the more I learn about Teri and Steve's pre-crazy fundie lives, the more tragic their current lives seem to be.

"Abby made Grandma a potholder and another special thing."

Don't hold us in suspense, Sarah! What was the other special "thing"? Your overuse of the word 'special' and your vagueness on the strangest bits of information cause me to scratch my head in confusion.

Don't hold us in suspense, Sarah! What was the other special "thing"? Your overuse of the word 'special' and your vagueness on the strangest bits of information cause me to scratch my head in confusion.

Yeah, I didn't quite get her not mentioning the other special thing either. Unless it was very personal, like a vibrator cozy or something.

It's interesting they didn't post pictures of the gifts "the birthday girl" received (It's kinda weird to me that they would call someone a girl right before writing about their grandchild) Maybe she got something other than a bible - which she probably have eleveney of already - and they didn't want to broadcast that they can like Worldly things like clothes, kitchen appliances or bathroom accessories.

And "She is a great Moody-idea-maker"?! I think she means "She will remind me about this trip in a few years, when I'm writing the 5th Summer Moody book".

There was a blog entry (probably for the 2012 presidential election, but I can't be sure) that showed some of the Maxwell adultchildren voting at a local public school. I don't remember which Maxwells were in the photo, but there were both males and females.

But how do they know who to vote for? Do they look for crosses on the people in the grocery line who are talking about who they plan to vote for?

But how do they know who to vote for? Do they look for crosses on the people in the grocery line who are talking about who they plan to vote for?

I'm sure they pray about it, and Steve is then moved by God to drop a name that he's heard (i.e., a suitably conservative candidate that he read about online in between checking up on Free Jinger), telling the family God has convicted him to vote for this person. At this point in the mind training, that's all he needs for everyone else to follow suit.

Here Sarah: Abby sweetly made a couple of gifts for Grandma, including this sweet potholder. Wasn't that sweet of her?

There ya go.

My guess is it was something unfinished or something that went wrong or something confusing. Yet Sarah has to make a big deal out of it because there is so little of interest to write about. Maybe she can use this idea for a Moody story: In which Grandma is showered with homemade gifts by her grandchildren including a Puzzlement!"

"Oh look, said Grandma, "How sweet." The unwrapped gift was held up and admired sweetly. "You are welcome, Grandma," said Beth. "I made it all by myself." "How special," said Grandma. "Beth, you did a great job," said Mother. "Thank you," said Beth. "Beth, I think you are awesome," said Father. "Thank you," said Beth. Grandma carefully put the gift back in the wrapping paper. "I am going to save this special gift," said Grandma. Beth smiled sweetly. "I love you, Grandma," said Beth. "And I love Jesus." "Oh Beth, what a sweet child you are. I am sure Jesus loves you," said Grandma.

I'm sure they pray about it, and Steve is then moved by God to drop a name that he's heard (i.e., a suitably conservative candidate that he read about online in between checking up on Free Jinger), telling the family God has convicted him to vote for this person. At this point in the mind training, that's all he needs for everyone else to follow suit.

From the blog post where they talked about Anna voting in a presidential election for the first time (November 6, 2012:

I so much admire your support of the importance of the vote in our free country. I know your family avoids newspapers, radios and tv. Where do you get the information on which to base your voting?

>>>>>>>

There are some trusted pro-life websites that we go to.

I don't think anyone here is surprised that they're single issue voters.

eh, I dunno, chipmunks are pretty naked...

Yeah, baby!

[bBvideo 560,340:zs0e91vf]

[/bBvideo]

Surprise! They fed the chipmunks and hiked. John and Joseph missed the hike because they had work. Jesse and Mary looked for rocks, hilarity ensued.

Surprise! They fed the chipmunks and hiked. John and Joseph missed the hike because they had work. Jesse and Mary looked for rocks, hilarity ensued.

And another surprise! They will hike a 14er! I am waiting with bated breath......

John and Joseph had to work my ass! :obscene-drinkingcheers::obscene-drinkingchug::obscene-drinkingdrunk: :hookah: :obscene-smokingweed: (Nice thought, but probably not.)

Pretty sure after the 14er and some good old family Bible time, their goals for this what-some-would-call-a-vacation will be complete and it will be time to head home.

Yet another exciting trip to Colorado staying in the same cabin, doing the same things, and hiking in skirts.

They pull out Proverbs 31 every single friking time they have a blog post about one of the womenfolk. Do they think that's the only chapter in the Bible that has anything to say about, or to, women?

(Probably :roll: )

And another surprise! They will hike a 14er! I am waiting with bated breath......

And - I guarantee this - Sarah will compare hiking a 14er to one's spiritual journey. (Or maybe they'll really mix things up, and let someone else in the family make the analogy this year!)

Wow, so Mary and Jesse had a contest to see if they can find similar rocks! How exciting! I know none of us may know what the Maxwells are truly like through the blog, but it's postings such as this that makes me think they've all been turned into robots. Two young adults comparing rocks is considered a fun game? WTF. I think a 10 year old can find more interesting ways to pass the time.

Archived