IGNORED

Shades of Malibu Blue: Alyssa Bates & John Webster Wedding

freethemall

The cake isn't as bad as I imagined it isn't perfect but I'm surprised it's not a mound of pink.

Hopefully it tastes good.

Everyone looks to be having a good time so that's a plus.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simple, cute. But that isn't the wedding theme, I suppose.

No, we can safely say the word 'simple' didn't cross anyone's mind in the making of this wedding day!

Does John have any sisters? If he does, maybe it's a sister that's the mystery blonde bridesmaids in malibu blue.

Can someone just riddle me this batman? Why on earth does it look like someone shot the groom with a Super Soaker?

I blame JD. He just cant help being a douche and finding some way to prank the bride and groom on their wedding day.

oh wait! the lights dim... a disco ball hanging from a feather boa drops down from the ceiling... and the cake lights up in fuchsia and purple!

I'm... glad I didn't post about that before the wedding in case any of them reads here and were to give her ideas :lol:

The cake I saw (family friend) went more in the 80s faux Victorian, Lady Lydia side of tacky. They were pastel flower lights, and the cake had those tier things that look like mini gazebos.

I think the thing that bugs me about Alyssa's cake the most is the icing looks yellowish. It could just be the picture. But why couldn't she have picked plain white icing? The yellow tint just adds yet. another. color. to an already overdone design. I think if it had been white icing and maybe smoothed it out, it would've looked a LOT better to me. Leftcoastmama, I guess you are right. She could have used all pink or blue icing or fondant so it's really not as bad as it could have been :lol:

She looks lovely and happy. Loving the veil and heels.

Colors are LOUD. Just.. loud. Least there's not a shit ton of glitter or I'd be blind.

Soo many people, soo many colors...

I went and dug up who the bridesmaids were, and it looks like the mystery ladies are perhaps John's sisters:

From the Bates' Family Blog Comments:

Whitney, Michael, Erin, Tori, and 2 of John’s sisters, and 2 friends (8 total)

I find this interesting, because I can't imagine any of the Duggar sisters having any outside friends with whom they were close enough to have as bridesmaids. It gave me the sads. :cry:

I'm most definitely not a fan of the colour scheme (I wonder if Alyssa was satisfied with it or if it seemed a lot better in theory) but Alyssa herself looks beautiful. Her dress is lovely. I like the cap sleeves vs. the t-shirt dresses you usually see.

Guest LilaFowler

I went and dug up who the bridesmaids were, and it looks like the mystery ladies are perhaps John's sisters:

I find this interesting, because I can't imagine any of the Duggar sisters having any outside friends with whom they were close enough to have as bridesmaids. It gave me the sads. :cry:

The Duggar girls do have frineds. The Hartano girl (and her brother) visit them all the time. And they seem to be close with the Queries.

That cake would have looked 10 times better if they actually used fondant. I can see where Alyssa was trying to go with it, but homemade look just killed it.

It would have been LOUD for sure, but it would have worked in its own tacky way.

So i guess Micheala was not the maid of honor. It was one of John's sisters or a friend?

Yeah, those neon lights are just not helping things at all. They belong in a Persian nightclub, not in a fundamentalist church wedding. And really, she had three colors: royal purple, Malibu blue, and hot pink. And am I the only one that thinks that those little boys' bowties are ENORMOUS? They look like something I'd put on a shih tzu as a Halloween costume.

Plus I just noticed they have THREE different colored suits going on in that photograph--the white, the gray, and the black. I'm not a big fan of over-matchy wedding parties (you know, down to the hairstyle and lipstick color of the bridesmaids) but come on, show a little continuity here, my eyes are old...

The colors could have been really cute in saris!

Guest LilaFowler

I like Alyssa. She seems confident and a go-getter (as much of a go-getter as you can be in the fundie world). She's also very pretty and made a gorgeous bride. But while she's plenty old enough to get married, she looks like a child bride.

I like Alyssa. She seems confident and a go-getter (as much of a go-getter as you can be in the fundie world). She's also very pretty and made a gorgeous bride. But while she's plenty old enough to get married, she looks like a child bride.

I don't know if it counts as "plenty old enough" when you've only been able to get legally married for eighteen months.

If you're an adult, you're an adult. If you're legally able to get married, you're old enough to get married...

I don't know why, but Alyssa actually looks a lot older than she really is to me. She's very pretty, but I think the way she styles her hair and does her makeup is more reminiscent of a 40-year-old politician's wife than a 19-year-old.

If you're an adult, you're an adult. If you're legally able to get married, you're old enough to get married...

I don't know why, but Alyssa actually looks a lot older than she really is to me. She's very pretty, but I think the way she styles her hair and does her makeup is more reminiscent of a 40-year-old politician's wife than a 19-year-old.

I was referring to the phrase "plenty old enough." To me at least. I always think that means someone has been old enough for something for a long time. I.e., "Sarah Maxwell is plenty old enough to decide whether she wants bean burritos for dinner or not!" It seemed odd to use in reference to a nineteen-year-old bride. I wouldn't call eighteen months "plenty."

And I do agree she didn't look that young at her wedding. If those photos were of strangers and had appeared in my facebook feed, I wouldn't have done a double take like with some of the Seppi weddings.

They look very happy, and it seems everone was having a good time. The colors though! Wow. It did seem more Barbie than poloitician's new daughter-in-law. I just had this vision of the Webster side of the church looking around with expressions on their faces, much like the faces on the bride's side at the end of the movie "The Birdcage". :P

The colors could have been really cute in saris!

I just came back from the grocery store. I saw a woman there with a pink and blue sari that was gorgeous. It made me think of the wedding and want to log in here to see the pictures. I'm glad Alyssa finally has a bit of freedom but the woman at the store pulled off the colors better than the wedding did.

i think she's very beautiful too, but she does have a "done up" look, not beginner makeup at all. And her dress was gorgeous. That's why the homemade looking flowers and cake surprised me. But the makeup and hair frozen with hairspray just right looks really pro. The Duggars are like that too, so much bronzer/self-tanner. (You can tell from Joy-Anna and younger that it's a developed look they just haven't gotten into yet lol) Guess they just do their makeup every day and get that career-girl look going even though they're usually at home.

i think she's very beautiful too, but she does have a "done up" look, not beginner makeup at all. And her dress was gorgeous. That's why the homemade looking flowers and cake surprised me. But the makeup and hair frozen with hairspray just right looks really pro. The Duggars are like that too, so much bronzer/self-tanner. (You can tell from Joy-Anna and younger that it's a developed look they just haven't gotten into yet lol) Guess they just do their makeup every day and get that career-girl look going even though they're usually at home.

It's all very southern. I'm friends with a number of ladies that won't answer their door for the delivery man unless they're in full foundation, powder, and eye shadow.

We mainly see the Duggars when they are filming or "performing" at a conference or campaign event. I'd perfect my hair and makeup for those occasions too. I doubt they do so every morning before making breakfast and helping their buddy brush her teeth.

On wedding - good god Allyssa is tiny.

That cake would have looked 10 times better if they actually used fondant. I can see where Alyssa was trying to go with it, but homemade look just killed it.

It would have been LOUD for sure, but it would have worked in its own tacky way.

It's just me, but I'd take the homemade look over eating fondant. I can't stand that shit.

To each their own Mela99. :lol:

Best view of the dress so far

tumblr_n63nn6eLh21r9t2zdo1_400.jpg

It really is the nicest of the three weddings so far, I really think she incorporated the sleeves best as well.

Archived