IGNORED

Shades of Malibu Blue: Alyssa Bates & John Webster Wedding

freethemall

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's all very southern. I'm friends with a number of ladies that won't answer their door for the delivery man unless they're in full foundation, powder, and eye shadow.

Oh yeah, that's true. Very junior league. i'd be like that too if i could ever get my act together :lol:

It's just me, but I'd take the homemade look over eating fondant. I can't stand that shit.

I'm of the same opinion. But you can smooth buttercream so that it *almost* looks as smooth as fondant. Some lace piping, and it is tasty and pretty.

This is a really good example of it being done properly: 3.bp.blogspot.com/-nzSFwPw4UVM/T3BkSsiqF2I/AAAAAAAACD0/i2H-MxtLwjY/s1600/cub+scout+cake+1.jpg

Fundies really want to explain that women should work in the home and all that but as far as I can tell, they aren't more skilled at homemaking/cooking/baking than anybody else. You'd think in all that SAHD time AND with all those birthdays in these families, you'd learn how to ice a cake or cook well for large groups.

Edited for link.

I love her dress... Hate the colors but I'm glad she got to choose and express herself however she wanted. I'm excited to see what Michaela (Michael) picks. She seems like the forgotten one. I hope she has the best and outshines them all.

I love her dress... Hate the colors but I'm glad she got to choose and express herself however she wanted. I'm excited to see what Michaela (Michael) picks. She seems like the forgotten one. I hope she has the best and outshines them all.

I'm really curious as well as to what Michael's wedding will be like. I can't quite picture her having anything like the ones we've seen.

[attachment=0]10369539_281291175375838_1399420982_n.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]10369317_535840019858833_417602771_n.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]10375681_1410241565923793_1410049427_n.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]10362159_709928105719806_762372689_n.jpg[/attachment]

Who is the blonde fundie fangirl posing in all these pics?

[attachment=2]10349641_797508196949835_1283110822_n.jpg[/attachment]

The look on that man's face is hilarious. You can almost hear him think 'This crazy lady...just kill me now!'

We mainly see the Duggars when they are filming or "performing" at a conference or campaign event. I'd perfect my hair and makeup for those occasions too. I doubt they do so every morning before making breakfast and helping their buddy brush her teeth.

On wedding - good god Allyssa is tiny.

I wonder what the Duggars are with no cameras around. Probably lots louder, tons of running and shouting to be heard, and kids having kitchen utensil music parades :D

Lovely dress. The sleeves were done very nicely and I like that it was a bit mermaid. I know Alyssa looks a bit older with all the professional makeup and the hairdo but I still find her very young. Gosh! 19 years old. I understand that you are an adult according to the law. I really do. And I've had friends married young and it worked out very well for them.

I just can't imagine myself getting married at that age. But then again, I didn't see marriage as my ticket out of the family home. ;)

EDIT: The man with the mustache? Was he really dress in a striped polo shirt to go to a wedding?

I'm of the same opinion. But you can smooth buttercream so that it *almost* looks as smooth as fondant. Some lace piping, and it is tasty and pretty.

This is a really good example of it being done properly: 3.bp.blogspot.com/-nzSFwPw4UVM/T3BkSsiqF2I/AAAAAAAACD0/i2H-MxtLwjY/s1600/cub+scout+cake+1.jpg

Fundies really want to explain that women should work in the home and all that but as far as I can tell, they aren't more skilled at homemaking/cooking/baking than anybody else. You'd think in all that SAHD time AND with all those birthdays in these families, you'd learn how to ice a cake or cook well for large groups.

Edited for link.

No kidding! What do they do all day if not learning the finer arts of homemaking, playing an instrument, painting, sewing, all that fluffy stuff? Guess it's like the Maxwells - just the sheer number of people in the house would be exhausting and take up energy. :lol: I still can't believe the Duggars served Ben a crap supper of pepper and onion stir-fry on styro plates when he came to ask Jessa to court. Everyday life for them is so one-size-fits-all that it seems like they would have put a little effort into making it special just knowing he'd be there, especially on a day they were taping.

Pssh...you'd think they'd have a cake decorating class when you get your Ph.D in homemaking...

No kidding! What do they do all day if not learning the finer arts of homemaking, playing an instrument, painting, sewing, all that fluffy stuff? Guess it's like the Maxwells - just the sheer number of people in the house would be exhausting and take up energy. :lol: I still can't believe the Duggars served Ben a crap supper of pepper and onion stir-fry on styro plates when he came to ask Jessa to court. Everyday life for them is so one-size-fits-all that it seems like they would have put a little effort into making it special just knowing he'd be there, especially on a day they were taping.

I question so much about their cooking and homemaking skills. Surely there is a better way. A lot of their recipes seem to be like "quick and easy for 20 using pre-made stuff" but surely you could run several slow cookers at once for homemade stew? You could make, say, six or so frittatas for dinner and have the kids suggest fillings/veggies the same way you do when you call for pizza.

I just do not get it. I'm the around the age of the duggar daughters and I probably couldn't cook for 20 in my personal kitchen, but I can/have/often cook for 10 in there (and that is ONE oven and ONE stovetop and I don't even have a sex of mixing bowls so if I need a big one I have to take the inside portion out of the rice cooker). I've seen my roommate make bacon for ~40 people while drunk. I would think you'd see more Crock pot stews from them and such. Even Michelle making eggs looks like she's bad at it.

Sorry for the rant, but man, it just does not make sense. Surely they could learn a lot from some cooking shows or something -- how defrauding could that be?

Michael seems to have it down though -- it is my understanding the her sewing is good and she does a lot of it. She seems rare in the sense that she has really developed a classic homemaking skill to be way above your average bear.

I actually really like the colors (and I'm definitely not a teeny-bopper). *runs and hides in shame*

My wedding colors were raspberry and aqua, so I like them too! lol Though, my flowers were all various shades of pink and I think the only aqua was bridesmaids dresses. Sounds not so pretty but it was lovely. Also we were outside at a vineyard so the bright colors were diffused a lot and the predominant color was probably the green grass and green vines and green trees!

I just went to a wedding that was gray and yellow and it was very adult and lovely, but all so bland to me.

Oh my... well, editing bc I just looked at the actual photos. My wedding was NOTHING like that! That did end up pretty hideous looking.

Pssh...you'd think they'd have a cake decorating class when you get your Ph.D in homemaking...

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Oh yeah, that's true. Very junior league. i'd be like that too if i could ever get my act together :lol:

I had to sign for a delivery last week and I was embarrassed that I wasn't dressed and made-up (he woke me up, it was early) :embarrassed: I'm not southern but my mom is, and she went to an all-girls school she jokingly refers to as "finishing school" (they did have etiquette class). So it was just routine in my house, my mom never leaves the house without makeup, and I tend to be like that too - though I'm not usually as done up as the Duggar/Bates girls! I do my two minute eyeshadow and mascara swipe and I'm done haha. One of my friends was surprised to learn that I wear makeup all the time, and I was like that's probably because you can't tell because you've never seen me without it! :lol:

ETA: I like the little sparkles Alyssa put in her hair.

My wedding colors were raspberry and aqua, so I like them too! lol Though, my flowers were all various shades of pink and I think the only aqua was bridesmaids dresses. Sounds not so pretty but it was lovely. Also we were outside at a vineyard so the bright colors were diffused a lot and the predominant color was probably the green grass and green vines and green trees!

I just went to a wedding that was gray and yellow and it was very adult and lovely, but all so bland to me.

THIS. If it was outside, it might have been more bearable. But lighting makes a huge distance and those are colors that are so bright they're just asking for a wide open space and natural light.

I looked at a lot of Pintrest boards for blue/pink weddings and a lot of them were lovely but the difference is the colors weren't equally bright -- they either subdued the pink or a blue. Malibu blue and a light pink? Beautiful. HOTHOTHOT Pink and a Robin Egg's blue? Fantastic. But both competing to be the brightest doesn't work.

Followed by edible flower tea party decorations 101! :angry-banghead:

The more pictures I see from this wedding, the more it reminds me of a sweet sixteen party that's trying to be upscale and fancy but just isn't cutting it.

The worst I've seen in that regard was a Bontrager "bar mitzvah" that was in a garage and decorated with a lime green/black tiger pattern motif.

It's just me, but I'd take the homemade look over eating fondant. I can't stand that shit.

As someone who had an ugly, but fucking delicious, wedding cake, I say 100% taste over style for cakes. I don't care one tiny bit what someone's wedding cake looks like. I care what it tastes like. Buttercream is a billion times better than nasty ass fondant.

Archived