IGNORED

Shades of Malibu Blue: Alyssa Bates & John Webster Wedding

freethemall

In general I agree with you, but in this instance ABC News ran an article about the wedding. One would normally expect the groom's name to be mentioned in a story about his wedding, even if his parents are not mentioned. Also, when one of the celebrants is the child of a celebrity or public figure, the parents are normally mentioned.

Also agree in general but count me surprised that the article didn't mention the groom's name at the very least. While I would think within ATI circles, the daughter of one of their bigshots marrying a Congressman's son would be a big deal, it wouldn't be as much of one with the general public but still this article not mentioning the name is a bit odd. Might have simply been on oversight or maybe the Websters, being more in the real world and in the public eye as well, might know to be a bit more tactful.

Then again, lots of people practice more tact and class than the Duggars. Without even trying.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also agree in general but count me surprised that the article didn't mention the groom's name at the very least. While I would think within ATI circles, the daughter of one of their bigshots marrying a Congressman's son would be a big deal, it wouldn't be as much of one with the general public but still this article not mentioning the name is a bit odd. Might have simply been on oversight or maybe the Websters, being more in the real world and in the public eye as well, might know to be a bit more tactful.

Then again, lots of people practice more tact and class than the Duggars. Without even trying.

John's name WAS mentioned in the article:

Bates tied the knot with John Webster in Knoxville, Tenn., on Saturday, with her parents, Gil and Kelly Jo Bates, and all the rest of her 18 siblings in attendance. The couple got engaged on Jan. 16.

• 2 weeks later...

All the really fundie weddings are like a sweet 16 party. The colors, activities and style are extremely juvenile even to someone who grew up in a very conservative household. If anything, we were pushed to be too grown up- expected to act mature from a very early age.

I really do like the Bates Family, but their style is so way out there to me.

• 1 month later...

Holy crapballs, Olivia Webster is ONLY 22 years old?? She looks so, SO much older. Maybe it was just the caked on make up for the wedding but I would have thought late 20s at least. That's even more depressing considering how fast she got knocked up. She'll be a broodmare for sure.

How old is her husband, though? Dude looks like he's pushing 40. He very well could be considering his father is 65 and mother looks nearly just as old (based on the Instagram photo from the Jolyssa wedding). Taliban Dan, your five grandchildren are going to balloon to at least 30 thanks to your two newest daughter-in-laws. Good luck remembering all their names!

So strange how people see things so differently. I kinda think that Jordan Webster looks like Joaquin Phoenix. And I thought that Olivia was a very very pretty bride.

• 1 month later...

Alyssa scored a husband from a relatively wealthy and influential family. And guess what - she had the trashiest wedding of all.

All those fake flowers - couldn't they afford actual roses dipped in paint or something? The bouquet was an outrage. So was the cake.

Turns out that Whitney has a much nicer taste. In their new family picture, they wore the same colors as in Whit and the eldest's wedding. The red, black, grey looked very classy and tasteful. Alyssa's whole color scheme was pure trash. Hot pink and malibu blue is something you'd do for your bachelorette party. NOT for your wedding. I did a pinterest search to make sure it's not just them. Nope. Tasteless.

Archived