IGNORED

Shades of Malibu Blue: Alyssa Bates & John Webster Wedding

freethemall

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how to insert a video, but here is 'the kiss'!

web.stagram.com/p/727606527505555530_5173671

I almost feel like they went to the Goodwill and picked the fugliest 80s wedding dresses they could find that happened to match her colors...

Totally. You can't pull off two bright colors like that. If all the dresses were blue or pink it would have worked better (still would have been pretty ugly imo, but much better).

Alyssa's sleeves are very short for a fundie. Love it! Some of the bridesmaid dresses' sleeves are too (at least Michael's, or I think it's Michael?), and are potentially pretty if you ignore the blinding color. Hard to see from the video.

I don't know why some brides think they have to have 2 wedding colors and everything has to be so matchy-matchy.

I'm anxious to see the reception, I mean church gym with barbie colored crepe paper and balloons and desserts.

The minister didn't go through the 'You may now share your very first kiss' business...I wonder if girlfriend was getting some pre-martial kissing in...naughty naughty! :naughty:

I do love the mantilla veil (at least there's some lace inspiration from kate middleton!) but now i need some real dress shots! im eager!

i would have liked the idea of the alternating color bridesmaid dresses if they were anything other than hot pink and malibu blue!

i'll add the images but here's how you do it: right click on it and click "copy image location" (webstagram is better than instagram for this). then when you're posting you click on the little button that looks like a box with a little mountain and sun in it, a place to insert the link will come up and you just click paste.

917113_672156689522025_162855290_a.jpg

10401848_659391114114160_1533742436_a.jpg

10311152_719554274752851_1546890963_a.jpg

Thank you FreetheMall!And I totally agree about the bridesmaid dresses. You just can't do alternating ones when your colors are already so loud. And the white bolero on the maid of honor (who is that??) drives me crazy. Everything was loud enough ladies, we don't need to add to it.

Josh just posted a third video of the kiss with a better view of the dress.

The minister didn't go through the 'You may now share your very first kiss' business...I wonder if girlfriend was getting some pre-martial kissing in...naughty naughty! :naughty:

That's what I thought, too!

I was a mantilla veil bride myself, so I heartily approve. And there's Derek and Jill--it must be special for them to see this wedding right before their own. I had to laugh--looks like the minister got in on the malibu blue action with his tie!

The minister is Gil!

LOL at Gil looking away when they kissed.

Maybe that's why he didn't drone on about the kissing kind of creepy when the bride is your daughter. But that didn't necessarily look like two people who had never kissed before either way good for them.

I hate everything the Bates stand for but they seem to know how to match their kids and really love their kids the kids seem genuinely happy.

The brunette sister in the pink next to I think Michael is gorgeous.

Alyssa looked lovely the bridesmaids dresses leave something to be desired maybe blue dresses and pink bouquets for everyone would have been better but hey not my wedding so I hope she's happy with it.

LOL at Gil looking away when they kissed.

I thought that was sweet. Wouldn't want my dad 'in my face' when I got my first kiss

The minister is Gil!

Hahaha! A bit of a 'derp' moment for me! I've been up since five this morning!

Man, it looks like a four year old's birthday party threw up in that church.

post-9025-14451998922744_thumb.jpg

This looks like after the last dance at prom.

There is just so much going on! Why another bright color with the kid in the bright purple vest?? I feel like black tuxedos may have been a better choice to tone things down a bit.

family picture posted! better shot of dress - almost seems mermaid-ish, with a big ole flower on the front.

edit: sorry, didnt realize it was already posted!

post-4296-14451998922917_thumb.jpg

[attachment=0]10358440_295005657342013_2097577626_a.jpg[/attachment]

This looks like after the last dance at prom.

Michael seem to be in pink so who was the blue lady with the white bolero / maid of honour? Not one of the best friends (= sisters) of the bride?? :shock:

There is just so much going on! Why another bright color with the kid in the bright purple vest?? I feel like black tuxedos may have been a better choice to tone things down a bit.

I think that's the problem: there is so much going on, so much color, big flowers, bright accessories.. it's hard to focus on the bride and groom

Thats actually a really nice family photo! Was Michaels boyfriend there too?

I hope its everything Alyssa wanted, but I do question her taste.

She'd be getting low marks from me for venue if this was four weddings.

Her dress is lovely though. Wayyyyy nicer than Erin and Whitney's.

Michael seem to be in pink so who was the blue lady with the white bolero / maid of honour? Not one of the best friends (= sisters) of the bride?? :shock:

I've been trying to figure that out too.

And Good God Whitney's dress is horrible. I mean it's the Halloween costume for "Prom, 1987." So far it seems like Tori is the only one who got a good bridesmaid dress. I can't wait to see them lined up though in a closer picture.

And there are just too many colors. I'm already not a fan of Malibu blue and hot pink, but there's a way to do it that's fun and beach-y. There are just too many colors and themes going on here and it's dizzying. And the colors also don't work in an indoor church with artificial lighting and a purple lit stage.

Archived