IGNORED

Shades of Malibu Blue: Alyssa Bates & John Webster Wedding

freethemall

I'm sure those would have been the wedding colors I wanted when I was 5. I can't see how this is going to be tasteful. The dresses have to be modest meaning more fabric thus more 80s Barbie. Then we get into the affinity for hairspray. :popcorn2:

I also think it's highly likely that see going to be pregnant soon. Especially if she has her mothers fertility. It's 2 weeks long? Aka half of a woman's cycle should she also be regular.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When is the wedding supposed to be starting ( = in how many hours because I can't figure out the time in Tenesse v. time in the UK) ?

When is the wedding supposed to be starting ( = in how many hours because I can't figure out the time in Tenesse v. time in the UK) ?

Since the Bateses live in East Tennessee, they should be in the same time zone as me. So that means it's starting right now!

Josh Duggar just posted a video on his instagram. Half the bridesmaid dresses are Malibu blue, the other half are pink. It's like a snark godsend.

I'm sure those would have been the wedding colors I wanted when I was 5. I can't see how this is going to be tasteful. The dresses have to be modest meaning more fabric thus more 80s Barbie. Then we get into the affinity for hairspray. :popcorn2:

I also think it's highly likely that see going to be pregnant soon. Especially if she has her mothers fertility. It's 2 weeks long? Aka half of a woman's cycle should she also be regular.

I think it'll happen quickly too. Isn't the old saying 'Up the Duff by the Fourth of July'? :wink-kitty:

I just came home from an Indian wedding. I was wearing hot pink and one of my sisters was wearing turquoise. Between the two of we had enough sequins and rhinestones and gold to outfit an entire PRIDE parade. Pretty much all the women there were dressed similarly - and I think the scene was lovely - like a kaleidoscope. But I'm not sure how these sorts of colours will translate to a fundie wedding. It would be ok I guess if the look was like the glass vase with flowers that someone else posted on this thread.

come on guys.... not one picture yet??? Josh posted a short clip of the wedding on Instagram. The whole wedding was COMPLETELY inspired by pintrest. Groom is in gray suit, bridesmaids in alternating blue dresses and pink dresses. Blue and pink flower petals on the sides of the aisle. Obviously, no video of the bride. Everyone (including Derick and Jill- holding hands) stood up as the bride was about to walk down the aisle.... and the video ends right here.

http://instagram.com/p/oY6nD5OWI7/

edited to add- beautiful veil and a beautiful bride. A video of the couple, probably before the vows

http://instagram.com/p/oY7mhIOWKy/

Josh Duggar just posted a video on his instagram. Half the bridesmaid dresses are Malibu blue, the other half are pink. It's like a snark godsend.

On his twitter? I only see FRC hate junk...

Oh wow. They did the fruity pebble runner...and we didn't catch her dress in that video, bummer.

ETA: Saw the dress! That veil is GORGEOUS! I'm heartily approve-the cap sleeves are lovely. She really does make a beautiful bride.

Video with Alyssa !! From what we see her dress is pretty normal but her veil is really nice. I have to watch it again ^^

Yeah, I love her veil. The dress is short sleeved, but seems a lot more stylish than the typical satin tee-shirt top. It's nearly sleeveless actually. And the top part is very structured and fitted.

And it looks like all of the bridesmaid dresses are slightly different in design.

Those flowers, though...that's a lot going on.

Those flowers, though...that's a lot going on.

Agreed. And the bridesmaid dresses distract from her I think. I actually think the bouquets should have taken their cue from the church flowers, which seem to be better done.

Agreed. And the bridesmaid dresses distract from her I think. I actually think the bouquets should have taken their cue from the church flowers, which seem to be better done.

OMG!!!!!

I feel like she should have walked down the aisle to Aqua's classic 1990s hit 'Barbie Girl'.

There's photos up on webstagram. I'd be more than happy to post them here, but I'm dumb and can't figure out how to attach a photo to a post in the new format. Anyone know?

It'd be hard to decorate these churches with the giant stage at the front...I wouldn't know what to do either.

There's photos up on webstagram. I'd be more than happy to post them here, but I'm dumb and can't figure out how to attach a photo to a post in the new format. Anyone know?

I save them to my desktop and then click on 'upload attachment' and choose the file. It'll take a moment to load and then it'll attach it to your post.

From what I can tell from Instagram, Alyssa's dress and veil are really pretty. Her bridesmaid dresses are, however are the BEYOND ugliest things. Those poor girls.

Sleeveless? Girlfriend is ready to ditch the fundie lifestyle!

I don't think the colors are that obnoxious. That being said, I wouldn't have chosen those colors for my own wedding.

From what I can tell from Instagram, Alyssa's dress and veil are really pretty. Her bridesmaid dresses are, however are the BEYOND ugliest things. Those poor girls.

I almost feel like they went to the Goodwill and picked the fugliest 80s wedding dresses they could find that happened to match her colors...

I save them to my desktop and then click on 'upload attachment' and choose the file. It'll take a moment to load and then it'll attach it to your post.

That's what I used to do, but I can't find an "upload attachment" option anywhere. Let me try a different template.

I do love the mantilla veil (at least there's some lace inspiration from kate middleton!) but now i need some real dress shots! im eager!

i would have liked the idea of the alternating color bridesmaid dresses if they were anything other than hot pink and malibu blue!

i'll add the images but here's how you do it: right click on it and click "copy image location" (webstagram is better than instagram for this). then when you're posting you click on the little button that looks like a box with a little mountain and sun in it, a place to insert the link will come up and you just click paste.

917113_672156689522025_162855290_a.jpg

10401848_659391114114160_1533742436_a.jpg

10311152_719554274752851_1546890963_a.jpg

I was a mantilla veil bride myself, so I heartily approve. And there's Derek and Jill--it must be special for them to see this wedding right before their own. I had to laugh--looks like the minister got in on the malibu blue action with his tie!

Archived