IGNORED

Shades of Malibu Blue: Alyssa Bates & John Webster Wedding

freethemall

Friend of mine got married last weekend and her colours were navy and hot pink. Bridesmaids in navy with hot pink pashmina shawls. My friend wore hot pink shoes with her white dress.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of rice they could throw fruity pebbles :P

a9959923142291b473da97d53b5613ef.jpg

This is actually really pretty imo

d7dac802121b451e78c459fb572fab2e.jpg

But it looks like they're going to do obvious makeup on the flower girls :doh:

So has there been any conformation that the Duggars are even attending this wedding? I'm curious because there was a picture taken today (or so the person who posted it says) in the Duggar home that was reposted on the Pickles and Hairspray Facebook page and half the Duggar clan, including Jim Boob and his handmaid are pictured with the Hantaro family (including their parents, or at least an older looking man and woman) but the other half of the children are nowhere to be seen. Maybe the Hantaros are going with them but it's a pretty long drive to Tennessee, I think? The Duggar fam instagram hasn't been updated much in the past couple of days either. There's a picture of Jill and Derick from today, that could have been taken on the Duggar bus, but that's it. Jackson didn't even get a birthday collage image like Jill and even fucking Ben Not a Duggar Seewald did. It's possible he didn't want one. I'm sure he'd hate spending most of his birthday traveling on a stinky old hockey team bus either way. Poor kid.

Anyway, there's been no indication the Duggars are in Tennessee for this wedding and I just think that's weird because the Bates family are supposed to be their BFFs. Or so they say.

Not that it matters much either way. The Bateses are one of the insane families I follow so I can't wait to see pictures of this shindig.

The Duggar's tumblr just posted this photograph from their twitter that was evidently taken at the church that John and Alyssa are getting married in, so it looks like they're there...and we can see from the pic that there's some Chinese lanterns in their colors...boy it's going to be...bright.

post-8463-14451998922128_thumb.jpg

Look at all those defrauding shorts! NIKE! Michelle's skirt would look super cute on Johanna. On the plus side, she's looking slimmer than, well, probably pre-Josh so there's no way she's knocked up, yay!!

Those lanterns make me wonder if there will also be giant teacups to sit in.

Those lanterns make me wonder if there will also be giant teacups to sit in.

Hee!

290910-small_IMGP4071.jpg

I'm surprised that J'chelle allowed herself to stand beside a *girl* in defrauding shorts.

Oh my god. I just snorted through my laughter. I hadn't even thought of it that way.

My ex-boyfriend picked out wedding colors for us -- he wanted sapphire blue and ruby red. He also didn't want me to wear a white dress, but a deep blue one and he wanted a red tie for himself for and carnations in his buttonhole or whatever it is that suits have. He wanted a winter wedding and wedding/engagement rings set with rubies and sapphires rather than diamonds. It honestly wasn't a bad idea -- a bit non traditional -- but I think it could have been done well (provided the jewel tones were deep enough that it didn't look like a misplaced 4th of July). And I didn't have enough of an opinion to disagree; if wanted to plan the wedding decor, by all means. But alas, we split, and that wedding will never be.

I wonder if he will repeat those colors when he marries his boyfriend?

(Sorry. Could not resist. I think (hope) I was a gay man in another life and I have never known a guy to have such opinions on weddings unless he was gay! I don't know what it is about "straightness" that kills such fun in guys. I let my son wear nail polish, get manicures and carry a purse, which he did proudly and of his own choice until last summer when he was six).

I'm surprised that J'chelle allowed herself to stand beside a *girl* in defrauding shorts.

She has to occasionally linger near normal humans so they can make an idol of her. Also because she has to demonstrate proper knee-covering for the heathens.

I wonder if he will repeat those colors when he marries his boyfriend?

(Sorry. Could not resist. I think (hope) I was a gay man in another life and I have never known a guy to have such opinions on weddings unless he was gay! I don't know what it is about "straightness" that kills such fun in guys. I let my son wear nail polish, get manicures and carry a purse, which he did proudly and of his own choice until last summer when he was six).

Entirely possible. He's bisexual. We both are. Endless possibilities. He has a preference for girls, though. (I think he described it as 70/30 or 60/40).

He isn't effeminate, though. The fact that he planned any of that was actually really weird -- I was always trying to get him to watch various Say Yes to the Dresses and he HATED it.

Entirely possible. He's bisexual. We both are. Endless possibilities. He has a preference for girls, though. (I think he described it as 70/30 or 60/40).

He isn't effeminate, though. The fact that he planned any of that was actually really weird -- I was always trying to get him to watch various Say Yes to the Dresses and he HATED it.

I think it is kind of cool- especially for someone like me who only likes weddings for cakes and snark factor

Josh & Anna are going, she just posted a picture about it on her Instagram. I can't wait to see this mess of a wedding.

Again, I gotta give Alyssa a pass for this. When else in her life is she going to get to make decisions for herself? Gives me hope, though, that John is fine with it and wants her to be happy. Same with Erin and the perty pink palace.

Look at all those defrauding shorts! NIKE! Michelle's skirt would look super cute on Johanna. On the plus side, she's looking slimmer than, well, probably pre-Josh so there's no way she's knocked up, yay!!

Jichelle's skirt is ATROCIOUS on her. I'm taking it as a sign that she know she can't have any more blessings and is compensation by dressing like a fertile teenybopper.

I was wondering how Michelle put those two pieces of clothing together. Did she forget to pack skirts and had to get one from a daughter? No black stockings either.

Josh & Anna are going, she just posted a picture about it on her Instagram. I can't wait to see this mess of a wedding.

Me too. Here's hoping that the car-trashing team gets totally foiled.

I think Gothard will be there. Gill is on the IBLP BOD. Around the same time, Gil's daughters started courting fundie royalty.His daughters are married to, about to marry, and courting fundie royalty. Erin's wedding was on Gothard's birthday, which I don't think was a coincidence. So, yeah, I think he'll be there.

Since Gothard never admitted he sexually harassed or molested female interns, his followers may still be turning a blind eye. So, Sen. Webster probably hasn't distanced himself from Gothard.

I think John will be lucky if he's only dealing with hot pink for one day.

I think its the fact that she went for both colours thats throwing people off. A basic pinterest search will bring up some really great ideas for a hot pink wedding, some really great ideas for a blue wedding....but two bold colors together is just one big tacky mess.

8cfe9a3dc8bfaea07e2b0d1bdf34ee51.jpg

Blegh. Very pre-teeny.

But, whatever makes her happy, you know? The wedding day is the only day a fundie woman might have top priority in a situation. Maybe it wont be so bad in reality.

That looks like a giant version of my cat's toys... LOL!

I don't mind the colors together either I don't automatically think of it as teeny-bopper. I actually think the posted bouquet is very pretty. I'm curious to see how it comes together could be beautiful I'll withhold my snark until we get pics.

Instead of rice they could throw fruity pebbles :P

a9959923142291b473da97d53b5613ef.jpg

This is actually really pretty imo

d7dac802121b451e78c459fb572fab2e.jpg

But it looks like they're going to do obvious makeup on the flower girls :doh:

Oh yes, love the second one!

I don't think the other bouquet is that bad either. Not something I would do, but not as garish as I was expecting either. At least the blue and pink seem to go together. One of my friend's wedding colors were hunter green and light pink. Really weird combo (all I could think of were the two witches from Wicked! :lol: ).

Archived