IGNORED

Jill Duggar- courtship confirmed - MERGE

Kelsey

W

They also offer masters degrees in acupuncture and ayurvedic medicine . . . others may feel differently about those forms of alternative medicine but at least IMHO that puts it on a very different level from a nurse-midwife degree or what's accepted in other countries' midwifery requirements.

Wow, good thing that no other culture ever came up with any system or practice of medical care in the past several thousand years :roll:

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be devil's advocate! What if J-B TOLD the little girls to say/do that about Jill? Boost ratings the sneaky way.

Those kids are coached, no doubt about it.

Jim Boob and DQ need to take a long hard look ( well maybe not hard) at the Bates family. THEY are letting go of their adult children.

The Duggar adult girls are cute. Time to change the standards of the composition of a " suitable suitor" and let some cute adult males in.

You know there have to be fundie- lites trying to date the older girls.. This makes me hate Jim Boob more to think that Jana could have had a" possible boyfriend" and JB may have squashed him and kicked him to the curb.

Adding all the "possibles" and " maybes" because I don't think any courting got very far or word would have leaked via J&A or Famy.

Meh, I'm not happy about any of the continuing in this lifestyle. Better for a bunch of grown adults to stay at home than to have a dozen more children that they raise in an abusive cult. As unfortunate as it is for them, nobody is entitled to children and I'm always saddened when an extreme fundie has one. I can't be happy about any child that will be subjected to obedience training.

Meh, I'm not happy about any of the continuing in this lifestyle. Better for a bunch of grown adults to stay at home than to have a dozen more children that they raise in an abusive cult. As unfortunate as it is for them, nobody is entitled to children and I'm always saddened when an extreme fundie has one. I can't be happy about any child that will be subjected to obedience training.

I have to agree with this. If the Duggarlings are anywhere near as fertile as their parents, we are looking at 300+ grandchildren. In two generations that means nearly 400 Duggars are taking their share of the Earth's resources. I have a personal problem with this kind of wanton disregard of the rest of humanity.

I have to agree with this. If the Duggarlings are anywhere near as fertile as their parents, we are looking at 300+ grandchildren. In two generations that means nearly 400 Duggars are taking their share of the Earth's resources. I have a personal problem with this kind of wanton disregard of the rest of humanity.

that is an extremely scary thought...

The Duggar girls are cute, but there are many more cute girls just like them. I think it's sad that the only way out is through marriage and having a bunch of kids. I don't think the Duggar kids are going to have a bunch of kids. They already raised their siblings and seen what it's like to live in a small home with no privacy. Having to wait to take showers and seeing your mother almost die in childbirth. Why would they want to go through all that again?

that is an extremely scary thought...

Yep, and once you factor in all the other QF families...

It's outrageous.

It wouldn't bother me so much about them takin up resources if I thought they were all going to contribute to society. However, they all live on Planet Fundy, with no jobs, no education, etc. they may be against welfare, but government assistance or not, these people really do affect society.

I say 125-140 grandkids is more likely then 300-400. My husband has over 19 siblings(his father came from 23 and mom from 12) and none of his siblings had a mega family. The largest amount of grandkids by one sibling is 6 and that is by the oldest son who was the most religious. None of the daughters wanted big families, the most a daughter had was 4 and she was the oldest daughter and the most into being a mom. 7 of his siblings have no kids and are over 35. My husband's sisters actually went after education/careers more then the brothers. Of course my MIL encouraged education and choice and was actually very upset when she watch 19 kids and saw the amount of work the older girls did.

Still there are 6 unmarried Duggars older then Michelle at marriage so fertile years are slipping away. I always wonder what would happen in one of these families if lets say Jim Bob or Gil carried a clotting factor (like factor V lieden) that daughters inherited making pregnancy difficult. I have a clotting factor and I have seen large Mormon families that have it and families with 6-7-8 kids end up with 2-3 grandkids total.

I don't think that any of the 19 Duggar kids are going to end up having mega families, either.

My grandmother had 11 kids, my mom being the oldest - out of those 11, one had 4 children, four had 3 children, four had 2 children, and two had just the 1.

I think that even the ones who stay in the quiverfull movement will probably only have between 6 or 8 at the most - I sort of see this for Jill. I think she likes the idea of a big family, but I also think that the reality of raising and providing for 6+ children will keep the majority of the Duggarlings from having mega families.

This precisely why the lifestyle is unsustainable.

I don't think we can assume that the Duggar lifestyle will pass on from generation to generation. If I go back to my great-grandparents' generation, one side of the family was very fundie-- no dancing, no drinking, no card playing, but only one second cousin is still fundie. Everyone else ranges from atheist to mainline Christian to fundie lite. Another branch of the family were diehard Catholics, but most of the great-grandchildren are Protestants.

One reason that Boob and Mullet won't let their daughters getting married is that they need their help at home. But I also imagine that Mullet would be upset or jealous seeing her daughters getting a lot of children themselves. It's just a feeling I have. They need the ratings, that's why Jessa's courting but there must have been more guys who were interested in one of the girls.

I'm reminded of an episode of 19KAC awhile back where everyone was gathered around a large table at a restaurant. I think it might have been Joshie's going away to DC party. Boob makes a toast to him and Anna and makes a remark about one day him having a table this size filled up by his own kids. Josh had an almost horrified look on his face, and I think Anna laughed a bit nervously.

I have 20 children and none of my married children want large families. My oldest daughter has 4 as does my second oldest son. I don't see any of my children having large families and Im fine with that. Neither myself or my husband came from large families. We both had 2 siblings.

I can barely watch the Duggars because it makes me so mad how the oldest girls have to run the house. I never would dream of putting my oldest daughters through that. But then me and the Mr encourage college and all our kids went to public school and had friends and interests outside the family.

I have 20 children and none of my married children want large families. My oldest daughter has 4 as does my second oldest son. I don't see any of my children having large families and Im fine with that. Neither myself or my husband came from large families. We both had 2 siblings.

I can barely watch the Duggars because it makes me so mad how the oldest girls have to run the house. I never would dream of putting my oldest daughters through that. But then me and the Mr encourage college and all our kids went to public school and had friends and interests outside the family.

20 kids? I want to ask you so many questions, but I have no idea where to start. :lol:

I think it's awesome you send your kids to public school and college and don't make your daughters be servants. If you don't mind me asking, what made you and your husband decide on so many?

One of my parents comes from a Duggar sized family. Of them all but two have 8 or more. I think there must be a difference between having a large family and having a large family and actively teaching your kids that have a squillion kids is a necessary part of being Christian .

So, there's a pic on instagram of the Duggar family posing in front of their bus with Josiah at Alert. I can't post it because the account is private, but there is an unidentified male in the picture next to Jill, and she is leaning into him. Jessa is posed next to Ben the same way. Only Duggars in the pic except for the Alert captain, his wife, two girls wearing some matching alert tshirts and this tall guy in the back next to Jill. Could be nothing or could be something?

Growing up, I had many friends with 10-25 blood related aunts and uncles on each side of the family (a cultural norm for their families). Of those friends, I dont think any of them had more than 4 or 5 cousins from a single aunt or uncle. Even though they were just as religious as previous generations, none of them saw reason to produce that many children. I'm sure some of it had to do with moving to a first world country, rather than staying in a developing country; but even the family members that stayed behind didn't produce that many children.

So, there's a pic on instagram of the Duggar family posing in front of their bus with Josiah at Alert. I can't post it because the account is private, but there is an unidentified male in the picture next to Jill, and she is leaning into him. Jessa is posed next to Ben the same way. Only Duggars in the pic except for the Alert captain, his wife, two girls wearing some matching alert tshirts and this tall guy in the back next to Jill. Could be nothing or could be something?

It's too bad it's private, because I bet someone here would be able to identify the guy...

It's too bad it's private, because I bet someone here would be able to identify the guy...

Interesting. Is the guy anyone we "know"?

If Jill is courting, I can't believe the news hasn't been leaked.

Like it's been doing right here? I mean, if it's going on, the only people who would have to know at this point are her family and his family. And she has, by her family's own admission, got a very plausible reason for not showing up with them everywhere. If she is courting, then it's pretty recent.

Archived