IGNORED

Jill Duggar- courtship confirmed - MERGE

Kelsey

Not saying they are, but if they did break up, TLC may have him under contract to keep up appearances until the next season. I'm sure this season ends with them still courting and, if any break up happened, they split after the season ended.

Ben is on the couch with Jessa in the pic with Jinger in track pants. Since Anna is wearing the same outfit that was posted (by Smuggar? don't remember) when she filmed at the TTH on Saturday, it's a pretty safe bet that if they're broken up, they're flying Ben in for games (sorry, couldn't resist the Fast Times at Ridgemont High shoutout).

I don't think Boob would do that. I also don't think a Duggar daughter, trained from birth to obey, especially her daddy, is going to nix a relationship, even a bad one.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben is on the couch with Jessa in the pic with Jinger in track pants. Since Anna is wearing the same outfit that was posted (by Smuggar? don't remember) when she filmed at the TTH on Saturday, it's a pretty safe bet that if they're broken up, they're flying Ben in for games (sorry, couldn't resist the Fast Times at Ridgemont High shoutout).

I don't think Boob would do that. I also don't think a Duggar daughter, trained from birth to obey, especially her daddy, is going to nix a relationship, even a bad one.

Where is this picture of Jinger in pants?

[debbie downer rant]

Don't get me wrong, I think Jill looks very happy.

Once I got over the initial excitement, something wasn't sitting quite right. They've just come off of a book publicity tour, on a book about relationships, and the girls were asked in multiple different interviews about courtships. We saw no glimmer of Dill until huff post. For a family that both considers themselves godly, and is all about confessing, this was one heck of a stunt to pull in the name of ratings. I just really hope the little girls didn't get punished for telling the truth (can you imagine that conversation - little girl: "what did I do wrong??" Jbob: "we can't tell everyone the truth all the time, even though ... Jesus."

[/Debbie downer rant]

[debbie downer rant]

Once I got over the initial excitement, something wasn't sitting quite right. They've just come off of a book publicity tour, on a book about relationships, and the girls were asked in multiple different interviews about courtships. We saw no glimmer of Dill until huff post. For a family that both considers themselves godly, and is all about confessing, this was one heck of a stunt to pull in the name of ratings. I just really hope the little girls didn't get punished for telling the truth (can you imagine that conversation - little girl: "what did I do wrong??" Jbob: "we can't tell everyone the truth all the time, even though ... Jesus."

[/Debbie downer rant]

Since when have we depended on the Duggars to always be truthful? :think: :think:

Where is this picture of Jinger in pants?

I forgot where I orginally saw it, and while someone screencapped it, I'm not sure I can link it because the link is from a private FB page. I'm sure someone else has another open source for the picture, but she's clearly seen in track pants sitting on the couch, just this past weekend. Check the Duggar general thread; I know it was posted there a couple of days ago.

I wonder if they ever actually outright lied, or if they just, you know, withheld information. Did they actually say, "No one but Jessa is courting?" For the record, I support them withholding information like this as long as possible. I think it's far better for the couple to start their courtship off without any media attention whatsoever. The longer they can keep it a secret from the wide world, the better.

No, they didn't lie, but you would help give the authors of a book on relationships to have a bit more credibility (more "experience").. I'm obviously overthinking these things, which is I guess why I'm also on this website and not vigorously leghumping waiting to get a book signed.

[debbie downer rant]

[/Debbie downer rant]

And if they weren't courting all the snark would be about them being tied to the house as slaves. They are in their early twenties, there are a lot of them. I think it's to be expected that over the next few years there will be several courtships and marriages. They have a boatload of teen and young adult kids, and a tv show and book tours, there is bound to be overlap.

I would imagine, since they live in the surreal world of reality television, that they try to time major announcements to coincide with the television storyline. But probably aren't too surprised when leaks from fb or little kids mean they have to let news out sooner than expected. It would be very off to be basically living your life six months behind when it is filmed.

[debbie downer rant]

[/Debbie downer rant]

Completely agree. Lying by omission is still lying. It would be one thing if they weren't directly asked questions about who has been in a courtship but they were directly asked who has been in a courtship. Now, I'm not a Christian so I don't claim to know much about the Bible but my Googlefu tells me that while a little white lie to spare someone's feelings might be okay, lying FOR PROFIT *coughratingscough* is definitely a sin.

LiesBabyJesus2.jpg

And yeah, I hope like hell poor Jordyn wasn't punished for being truthful. FREE JORDYN!

I wonder if they ever actually outright lied, or if they just, you know, withheld information. Did they actually say, "No one but Jessa is courting?" For the record, I support them withholding information like this as long as possible. I think it's far better for the couple to start their courtship off without any media attention whatsoever. The longer they can keep it a secret from the wide world, the better.

I agree.

Also, Michelle and JB made the decision to thrust their family into the spotlight. The (now grown) kids never made that choice, and it is possible that some of them may never have wanted all this attention. While they could technically stop appearing on the show on their own, all things considered, it really isn't an option they have.

So if the now adult kids want things about their lives to be withheld from the public so that they can have a "normal" experience without all the pressures of fame, I see nothing wrong with lying to make that happen. It's not really the public's business anyway, and it's not their fault that their lives are broadcast for public consumption.

I want to know what is in that bong/hooka-like device, and did Derick smoke it.

Also, Derick definitely looks better with a bit of facial hair.

Oh, yeah; he partook in both! Look at that smile on his face!!!

Archived