IGNORED

Jill Duggar- courtship confirmed - MERGE

Kelsey

It's hard to know - Jana and Jinger have barely said a word during this publicity tour, it's been mostly Jill with a fair dollop of Jessa.

Jill seems to be most adept at handeling public speaking, Jessa seems to be forced to talk because she's the only one with experience

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope she's not courting. It would potentially mean the end of her midwife career, which may be her only way out of fundiedom.

Jinger barely said a word in the whole book.

They need to let Jinger and Jana talk.

Although I have an interview of the two of them talking about JTTH from last year and they seem shy.

I really hope if there's another courtship it's Jana. She needs to get the hell out of there.

where in the interview is the part where she asks about who was in a courtship? I couldn't find it...

if it's a Bates boy than it's either Lawson or Nathan. Or maybe it's even the Hartono boy, remember when the girls where asked about what type of guy they would end up with. For Jill they said someone "small, dark and handsome". Maybe it's him? How old is Jonathan Hartono?

I'm guessing it has to be someone with latin american or asian roots. just my guess...

I figured "dark" was a reference to black or brown hair, rather than anything more than that. It does make me wonder what the ATI stance is on interracial relationships. Didn't someone say in another thread something about having to fill out a form that included a picture of the whole family because interracial marriages were discouraged (maybe not openly)?

I figured "dark" was a reference to black or brown hair, rather than anything more than that. It does make me wonder what the ATI stance is on interracial relationships. Didn't someone say in another thread something about having to fill out a form that included a picture of the whole family because interracial marriages were discouraged (maybe not openly)?

10th season 1st episode for Anna's sister wedding. There is interracial marriage in ATI..like one or two couples have gone down that path.

I'm for either Jana or Jill, or both of them having budding courtships. Although I am worried about their choices of interview venues for their stupid little book if they are courting fundies. Cosmo mag. interview is a huge WTF incident for even a slightly conservative Christian, much less a fundie.

If anyone courts a Bates, I'd hope it's Lawson. He knows how to make and manage money, something I think is lacking in most fundie young men. As long as he leaves and cleaves as they say, then he and his cleaver could have a better quality of life than many fundies, IMO.

Edited because of typo in Lawson Bates' name

If anyone courts a Bates, I'd hope it's Lawton. He knows how to make and manage money, something I think is lacking in most fundie young men. As long as he leaves and cleaves as they say, then he and his cleaver could have a better quality of life than many fundies, IMO.

I hope the court Lawson too. I personally would like to see Jana court Lawson. I think he'd be good to her and God knows she deserves it.

I hope Jana will leave her home for a less strict home. The oldest unmarried Wissmann son might be a good match, but I have no idea whether they actually know each other. Hopefully, if Jill is courting, she is not going to marry a John Shrader missionary type. The Duggars really ought to lay off a bit and allow their adult children to make choices that they have been "trained" to make. Chances are most will not stray too far from their parents' values at first.

What confuses me is, if Jill is seeing someone, there's no way Michelle and JB would allow that without chaperoning themselves. They control every interaction between Jessa and Ben, why would it be different for Jill? So she can't have been absent because of this, and that leaves her normal midwifery training.

If it's true, awesome that Jordyn told the world before JB and Michelle could. Maybe someone should have taken the time to explain to her that this is a secret, as well as telling Hannie how lying works, ie not directly looking at the person you want to divert the attention from :lol:

What confuses me is, if Jill is seeing someone, there's no way Michelle and JB would allow that without chaperoning themselves. They control every interaction between Jessa and Ben, why would it be different for Jill? So she can't have been absent because of this, and that leaves her normal midwifery training.

If it's true, awesome that Jordyn told the world before JB and Michelle could. Maybe someone should have taken the time to explain to her that this is a secret, as well as telling Hannie how lying works, ie not directly looking at the person you want to divert the attention from :lol:

It's always possible that the chaperone is not a member of the Duggar family and is instead a member of the suitor's family. :think:

It seems to be pretty common, period? My pet fundies in RL, mom is a midwife and I believe the eldest daughter is also training as one?

I just hope that Jordyn and Hannie didn't get plumbing lined or ended up in the prayer closet cuz they accidently blabbed. I worry about those two.

Maybe whichever one said 'Jill' first was just confusing her with Jessa and then the others parroted her. If I were a 5-year-old girl and I had a billion older siblings I probably couldn't keep them straight either.

Maybe whichever one said 'Jill' first was just confusing her with Jessa and then the others parroted her. If I were a 5-year-old girl and I had a billion older siblings I probably couldn't keep them straight either.

Jordyn is Jessa's buddy so she shouldn't have to confuse her with Jill. But then again Jessa ignores her.

JoyAnna will be there at least til Josie's 10. And 10 is considered practically grown up for a Duggar girl - Jana had two buddies at that age.

When did these kids ever got to be kids? And poor Joy. She is stuck between a bunch of boys. After her older sisters leave she will be all alone being a sister mom to her siblings:( Maybe her brothers could help her out, but according to Gothard child care is a woman's job. I think she hasn't been brainwashed like her older sisters, she probably doesn't even know her parents since Jill was her buddy.

Hey Boob...there is NO such thing as 'Canadian health care'. Each province has its own system. Sure, there are wait lists for ELECTIVE procedures and I am cool with that. Also, as a general rule, health care costs in Canada are less than those in the US.

I hate this whole 'let's demonise Canada even though we don't know anything about the system up there'. We aren't dying up here. To put it in perspective, my father is terminally ill with cancer, diabetes, NASH, etc. At this very moment he is en route to a hospital due to fluid in his lungs. This is now the 5th time this month he has been in hospital to deal with it. There have been no wait times, nothing. He goes in, gets triaged, gets seen, gets treatment, goes home. It has been like this since he got sick 10 years ago (and well over $2m in health care costs).

Also, Michelle, how dare you invoke the name of Corrie Ten Boom and compare yourself to her. You absolute piece of shit.

It's pretty common if the husband is a missionary in the third world. And Jill has mentioned wanting to marry a missionary, I just hope she doesn't FJ d a John Shrader type.

I hope so too.

When did these kids ever got to be kids? And poor Joy. She is stuck between a bunch of boys. After her older sisters leave she will be all alone being a sister mom to her siblings:( Maybe her brothers could help her out, but according to Gothard child care is a woman's job. I think she hasn't been brainwashed like her older sisters, she probably doesn't even know her parents since Jill was her buddy.

Joy can marry as soon as she is 18, she will be the 5th girl to get married off, so JB won't be as picky with the guy because as the 5th girl there won't be so much publicity involved anymore. She will be 18 in 2015. I Hope she will be the 5th girl to marry not earlier, not before Jana please.

Jana: I wish God will send you nice, sensitive, educated, very well off hottie who is fundie-lite (so the cultural shock is not too big for you) and who will suggest birth control after child no. 4, who will take you on trips around Europe (real holidays, NOT drag-alongs), to Hawaii and nice restaurants, maybe you can have your own modest clothing line (weren't you the one who sewed all the dresses?) (if they read here then that will be JB's next business idea for the family, damn....), you could go to fashion school..... You deserve it, girl!

You're all assuming Jana wants to be married and having babies. She's the oldest girl in the family, she's already raised a ton of kids. I don't think she's in a rush to marry, I think she's as happy as she can be doing what she does. I don't see her as sad and depressed, I see her as shy and not really enjoying the spotlight, truth is you don't know much at all about her and whether or not she even wants to court/be married.

You're all assuming Jana wants to be married and having babies. She's the oldest girl in the family, she's already raised a ton of kids. I don't think she's in a rush to marry, I think she's as happy as she can be doing what she does. I don't see her as sad and depressed, I see her as shy and not really enjoying the spotlight, truth is you don't know much at all about her and whether or not she even wants to court/be married.

I completely agree with this. I can't speak for Jana, but I can say that if I had spent the majority of my "youth" raising 10+ younger siblings than I most definitely would not be in any rush to be married and begin raising my own baseball team sized family.

Jordyn said "and Jill" two times. She's only 5, but she sounded like a child who wants to be helpful. As someone else said, Jessa is her buddy so she wouldn't be confusing the two. And the nudge Justin gave Jordyn after she talked AND the nudge James gave Jill can't be coincidences imo.

At least Joy isn't expected to take care of babies unless jchelle has number 20. I remember one photoshoot of the duggars daily life it showed Jana doing laundry and fixing lunch while minding Jannie and joy while Jill practiced piano with jenny strapped on to her.

Archived