IGNORED

Jill Duggar- courtship confirmed - MERGE

Kelsey

I wouldn't be overly surprised if she was courting because I think Jessa's courtship might open the gates, so to speak. Fundie guys will see that she's courting and think, "Oh, the Duggar girls are available."

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like it's been doing right here? I mean, if it's going on, the only people who would have to know at this point are her family and his family. And she has, by her family's own admission, got a very plausible reason for not showing up with them everywhere. If she is courting, then it's pretty recent.

I meant compared to Jessa courtship there isn't much evidence. Ben's family leaked his courtship on FB. So far the only evidence we have for a Jill courtship is the little kids saying her name during an interview about courtship. I think it's possible she is courting, I'm just surprised we don't know more details.

I think Jessa and Ben were courting or at least in the pre-courting stage for a few months before it was leaked, so it's entirely possible that Jill is also 'pre-courting' or has just started courting and it hasn't gotten out publicly yet. Or these little 'clues' may mean absolutely nothing. We'll see one way or another eventually.

If Jill is courting the Duggars will try to announce at the best time for their ratings.

The final episode of this coming season is probably going to be Ben proposing, so that could work with announcing Jill is courting too. They've finished filming this season, so it can't end on Jessa's wedding ( although I bet they use footage from Erin's wedding to imply it's going to be Jessa's) and I think the Duggars and TLC are probably aware that they can't keep news of another courtship quiet until the next season.

So this season will focus on Jessa and Ben courting and fundie courtship in general, using Erin's wedding and Jessa's engagement as the major events to build the season round, then next season can focus on wedding preparations and Jill's courtship, culminating in Jessa's wedding and possibly Jill's engagement, with possible baby announcements from Josh & Anna, Chad & Erin and/or David & Priscilla.

If Jill is courting the Duggars will try to announce at the best time for their ratings.

The final episode of this coming season is probably going to be Ben proposing, so that could work with announcing Jill is courting too. They've finished filming this season, so it can't end on Jessa's wedding ( although I bet they use footage from Erin's wedding to imply it's going to be Jessa's) and I think the Duggars and TLC are probably aware that they can't keep news of another courtship quiet until the next season.

So this season will focus on Jessa and Ben courting and fundie courtship in general, using Erin's wedding and Jessa's engagement as the major events to build the season round, then next season can focus on wedding preparations and Jill's courtship, culminating in Jessa's wedding and possibly Jill's engagement, with possible baby announcements from Josh & Anna, Chad & Erin and/or David & Priscilla.

You could write for the soaps!! You're good!!!

Was there ever any evidence/confirmation anywhere that Josh DID have a failed courtship? I know there were rumours, but he was only 18 when he decided he wanted to court Anna so he would've had to have been unusually young when this occurred.

So, there's a pic on instagram of the Duggar family posing in front of their bus with Josiah at Alert. I can't post it because the account is private, but there is an unidentified male in the picture next to Jill, and she is leaning into him. Jessa is posed next to Ben the same way. Only Duggars in the pic except for the Alert captain, his wife, two girls wearing some matching alert tshirts and this tall guy in the back next to Jill. Could be nothing or could be something?

Does he look nice or more Ben-ish? Is he good-looking?

Someone got an e-mail from Amy confirming that he had a failed courtship.

I remember that email. But wasn't Josh 14 at the time? I would consider that less of a failed courtship and more of a failed arranged marriage.

Does he look nice or more Ben-ish? Is he good-looking?

He's decent not gorgeous but it's not a great pic since everyone is squinting at the sun. He's very tall. I think I'll just ask the pic taker who it is.

I remember that email. But wasn't Josh 14 at the time? I would consider that less of a failed courtship and more of a failed arranged marriage.

Was it the Holt girl?

Where is the photo? I cannot find it :(

Don't even worry about it. Fundies take pictures so often, somebody is bound to post a picture on Facebook or Instagram. I'll give it about 3 months before a different picture surfaces. I'll wait patiently. :)

Yeah, I know there have been rumours that 'someone' heard from Amy that Josh had a failed courtship with a Holt girl [insert other salacious details here], but I've never seen any actual proof of it, just 'oh yeah I heard that someone heard that'.

Yeah, I know there have been rumours that 'someone' heard from Amy that Josh had a failed courtship with a Holt girl [insert other salacious details here], but I've never seen any actual proof of it, just 'oh yeah I heard that someone heard that'.

The Duggars are, shockingly, pretty mum about courtships until they are very sure of them. I remember that Anna counselled the Bates not to mention the courtship until the engagement (or until engagement was certain), which was what they did with Josh.

I've always thought that Jessa and Ben have artificially "delayed" their engagement for cameras, and that in actuality they had, officially or no, agreed to marry before the cameras rolled. That's just my personal opinion, however, and has absolutely nothing to back it up besides the length of their courtship (uncommonly long for Fundies) and the way they seem to act around each other.

I asked the man who took the pic who it was and he declined to name the mystery man, so I am pretty sure it is a courtship.

The Duggars are, shockingly, pretty mum about courtships until they are very sure of them. I remember that Anna counselled the Bates not to mention the courtship until the engagement (or until engagement was certain), which was what they did with Josh.

I've always thought that Jessa and Ben have artificially "delayed" their engagement for cameras, and that in actuality they had, officially or no, agreed to marry before the cameras rolled. That's just my personal opinion, however, and has absolutely nothing to back it up besides the length of their courtship (uncommonly long for Fundies) and the way they seem to act around each other.

I agree with this. I can't see the Duggars rolling out a courtship that might fail publicly and therefore have one of their daughters as tainted goods.

Also if a courtship went down the pooper in public it would discredit all the stuff they've said about courtship being the perfect way to find a spouse without losing pieces of your heart etc.

I asked the man who took the pic who it was and he declined to name the mystery man, so I am pretty sure it is a courtship.

so let me get this straight. you can't tell us who posted the pic, you can't show us the pic, and you don't know who is in the pic...

not-sure-if-lying-thumb.jpg

Yep.

For some reason I think this *may* have been brought up on TWOP and might have been posted by Razing Ruth (but under a different name)? Maybe I am completely wrong? :lol:

Anyone else remember this?

I remember it was on TWoP and I don't think anyone ever provided any real proof.

so let me get this straight. you can't tell us who posted the pic, you can't show us the pic, and you don't know who is in the pic...

not-sure-if-lying-thumb.jpg

Nope, not a lie. I just received a PM with the photo in it. There is the entire family (and Ben), and there is an unknown man standing right next to Jill.

Archived