IGNORED

Jill Duggar- courtship confirmed - MERGE

Kelsey

I found this on the Duggar Tumbler.

[quoteAnonymous asked: When did the little girls say anything about courtship? Did I miss an interview?

From All about the Bates Tumblr

In the Huffpost Live interview the host asks who has gone through courtship and Josh, Anna, and Jessa raise their hands quietly, but all the little kids eyes shoot toward the other side of the group. One even yells out Jill’s name several times. Then one of the older boys on the left nudges her with his foot, clearly to get her quiet and remind her or…something. Am I the only one who saw this little exchange?

I just hunted this down, and I think something’s definitely going one. Here’s a link for those interested: http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/the-du ... -518151986

Play from about 6.30 onwards. When the interviewer asks who has been in a courtship, Jill immediately makes a point of turning to point at Jessa and the others (which makes me wonder if she was subtly raising her hand so she didn’t lie or something, or maybe trying just to get the attention elsewhere?). Hannie puts her hand on her hip and gives Jill a look and Jordyn says “Jill†several times before Justin taps her with his foot. I think Mackynzie might mutter something about her too. A wee bit after that James nudges Jill and she ignores him.]

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard it too. I hope whoever the guy is, will let her continue working and do what she loves doing. Shes the most independent of the girls, and it would be a shame if she had that taken away from her.

I remember maybe a couple years ago all the older Duggar girls were being interviewed on the show, and when they were asked whether any of them were in a relationship all of them looked at Jana like they were expecting her to say something (and I think one of them even said, "Jana?"), but she just kind of smiled and shook her head. Nothing came of that so I'm not convinced that anything will come of this... but I guess we'll see.

Just because she was courting doesn't mean that she is currently courting. It could have failed like Zach Bates' first courtship.

I always had hope thhat maybe Jill would find herself a less-crazy-fundie doctor to marry if she chose. Go into practice together, do missionary baby work.

I hope she doesn't get stuck at home.

Side note, but I hope none of the littles are in trouble for that...

Wait...isn't lying a sin? If Jana she said she wasn't courting when she was....somebody needs to go to the prayer closet. Not that I think Jana needs to be guilted any more than she probably already is. And I have a feeling that due to being in the public eye, the Duggars probably only announce courtships when they are either already engaged, or about to be engaged. Less chance of falling on their faces publicly.

I do wonder if their have been other past courtships that have failed. I'm inclined to think there haven't been because the Duggars would-be eager to film it for ratings.

Also the Duggars potray a straight courtship way of dating, but there has to be a getting to know you phase they don't share. Which could be what happened in Janas case, there was a potential guy that never came to fruition. So not technically a courtship?

I do wonder if their have been other past courtships that have failed. I'm inclined to think there haven't been because the Duggars would-be eager to film it for ratings.

Also the Duggars potray a straight courtship way of dating, but there has to be a getting to know you phase they don't share. Which could be what happened in Janas case, there was a potential guy that never came to fruition. So not technically a courtship?

That's pretty much how I interpreted it.

I'm guessing Jill's courtship didn't work out

Really Michelle, Jessa has a 'friend'? I'm surprised she didn't say 'little friend' to be more condescending.

Video of JB on the mini golf date asking Jessa if they've discussed boundaries. Jessa looks at him like 'are you an idiot, you already know this!'

Who is Heidi? Was she holding Josie?

Jim Boob and DQ need to take a long hard look ( well maybe not hard) at the Bates family. THEY are letting go of their adult children.

The Duggar adult girls are cute. Time to change the standards of the composition of a " suitable suitor" and let some cute adult males in.

You know there have to be fundie- lites trying to date the older girls.. This makes me hate Jim Boob more to think that Jana could have had a" possible boyfriend" and JB may have squashed him and kicked him to the curb.

Adding all the "possibles" and " maybes" because I don't think any courting got very far or word would have leaked via J&A or Famy.

I'm guessing Jill's courtship didn't work out

Really Michelle, Jessa has a 'friend'? I'm surprised she didn't say 'little friend' to be more condescending.

Video of JB on the mini golf date asking Jessa if they've discussed boundaries. Jessa looks at him like 'are you an idiot, you already know this!

Who is Heidi? Was she holding Josie?

Neither Jessa nor Ben handled the reenactment of the boundaries conversation well. Poor kid, he really fumbled on his words there. Its probably just as awkward to clarify the importance of side hugs to your future fundie in laws as it is for a typical dad to ask your guy what his intentions are. No one wants to have that convo in the first pace. Let alone reenact it

I guess JB and Michelle are going to have to raise their own children once all the older girls are married off.

JoyAnna will be there at least til Josie's 10. And 10 is considered practically grown up for a Duggar girl - Jana had two buddies at that age.

I guess JB and Michelle are going to have to raise their own children once all the older girls are married off.

Ha! Doubt it. I'm pretty sure that's what Heidi was there for. The oldest four girls are being interviewed so someone else is needed to watch Josie and other young ones so Michelle & JB don't have too.

I always had hope thhat maybe Jill would find herself a less-crazy-fundie doctor to marry if she chose. Go into practice together, do missionary baby work.

I hope she doesn't get stuck at home.

Side note, but I hope none of the littles are in trouble for that...

I support the missionary's position! :dance:

Seriously though, if Jill's courting right now, JB & M will do their best to keep things under wraps until Jessa gets married off. They'll want to milk both courtships separately for all they're worth for the next couple of seasons.

How common is it for fundie midwives to keep practicing after getting married and having their own children? Sadly, I have little faith that Jill would be able to continue working long after marriage, since she'd probably have a baby in the first year or year and a half.

How common is it for fundie midwives to keep practicing after getting married and having their own children? Sadly, I have little faith that Jill would be able to continue working long after marriage, since she'd probably have a baby in the first year or year and a half.

It's pretty common if the husband is a missionary in the third world. And Jill has mentioned wanting to marry a missionary, I just hope she doesn't FJ d a John Shrader type.

A lot of you seem convinced that by the kids mentioning Jill, it was a failed courtship. I think it's a current courtship that they're wanting to keep on the down low for now. Could be something to do with the new season... And for some reason, I think her suitor is a Bates! They've been seen hanging out a lot lately, have they not?

where in the interview is the part where she asks about who was in a courtship? I couldn't find it...

if it's a Bates boy than it's either Lawson or Nathan. Or maybe it's even the Hartono boy, remember when the girls where asked about what type of guy they would end up with. For Jill they said someone "small, dark and handsome". Maybe it's him? How old is Jonathan Hartono?

I'm guessing it has to be someone with latin american or asian roots. just my guess...

Jill *has* been absent from many family appearances recently... Hmmm.

If Jill is the next to be married off, I wonder how the family different the family dynamic would be. Jill always came across as the chief kool-aid drinker, and possibly a narc. Are Jana and Jinger very close?

Jill *has* been absent from many family appearances recently... Hmmm.

If Jill is the next to be married off, I wonder how the family different the family dynamic would be. Jill always came across as the chief kool-aid drinker, and possibly a narc. Are Jana and Jinger very close?

It's hard to know - Jana and Jinger have barely said a word during this publicity tour, it's been mostly Jill with a fair dollop of Jessa.

At risk of sounding like a broken record, if Jill is courting I feel even more sorry for Jana... 2 of her younger sisters flying the coop and she is still stuck at home minding her siblings. No wonder she looks so hopeless. Jim Bob is really cruel if he did indeed refuse a suitor Jana liked.

Archived