IGNORED

Joyful Christian Homemaking- All things Candy

Mac1138

Looks like Candy is doing a week of dresses. I know she is dresses only and I think the entire world knows she is dresses only... so what purpose do the pictures serve? That's all the snark I can come up with. I actually like most of her dresses.

The first picture she posted this week was edited the same day to crop out her head and the room she's standing in. Not sure if it is her house but it looks big to me. Too big to be a mobile home...

If there is ever a time when I doubt that Candy attended a "modeling school", it is during her re-occurring dresses week. Her posing is awkward and distracting. Why is she holding things? She is covering up/distracting from the dress itself, which she is supposed to be showcasing (the flower is particularly WTF). Straight-on shots rarely flatter anyone (notice both she and the dress look better in her most recent shot where she is slightly turned), and arms in front of the body is hard to pull off. Seriously, this is stuff you would learn on day 1 in any "modeling school", and stuff you will learn if you have to try on and send pictures of bridesmaids dresses to a bride. Slight angle, legs crossed or one behind the other, hand on hip or arms behind the back. Bing, bang, boom.

Also, notice the cropping of her "skirt" pic to conceal that the skirt is shorter than the others (gasp!). You can tell if you look at how it falls and at the bottom right side of the pic.

Such deception. If you wear knee-length skirts for some activities, just be honest about it!

I think the pink/yellow/blue polkadot head covering is cute...But then she pairs it with a black/white winter type dress. Almost Candy...

Her daughter is adorable. :)

Candy's now writing a book on headcovering, and is "soliciting stories".

Translation:

I am going to muddle together my story with what you send me, turn it into an e-book and then sell it to you who don't know any better.

Candy's now writing a book on headcovering, and is "soliciting stories".

Translation:

I am going to muddle together my story with what you send me, turn it into an e-book and then sell it to you who don't know any better.

It will actually be an improvement on some of her other e-books. The "original" content there was, while not plagiarized as far as I'm aware, also not terribly original. Organize using a binder and file tabs! To make spaghetti sauce, buy canned sauce and heat it up! Spread out your chores over the course of the week instead of doing them all in one day!

Edit: the *useful* original content. She did have some very creative original content about Catholics, demons, etc.

Apart from the skirt/blouse combination all her dresses look like lounge wear to me.

Can't help it, perhaps it is an USA/Europe thing, but this is exactly what my mother and me would wear around the house, but not go out with it.

Patterns are a matter of taste, though.

Considering I see people out and about in lounge pajamas and recently flannel pajama bottoms or wearing leggings as pants (please let that trend stop!) a dress even a very informal dress is just fine with me for grocery shopping and such.

I was a little shocked the dresses weren't homemade. They have that look to them. Also that she doesn't sew her own covering, I actually think I could do that.

Apart from the skirt/blouse combination all her dresses look like lounge wear to me.

Can't help it, perhaps it is an USA/Europe thing, but this is exactly what my mother and me would wear around the house, but not go out with it.

I think you are correct about the USA/Europe thing.... I've lived in Europe for almost 10 years and still have not shed my casual tastes in clothing... all of Candy's dresses look more on the 'dressed up' side to me, but I grew up in a city where jeans were acceptable attire absolutely EVERYWHERE, ANYTIME. :lol:

Everyone is the spiritual seed of Satan except for True Christians ™!

There were GIANTS!

There are half human/half demon hybrid called Nephilim!

ALIENS.

This:

WHO KNOWS?!?!?!

Not Candy.

Someone's been watching too much Ancient Aliens on the TEEVEE. That's Satan's Box, Candy!

Candy has been playing too much Diablo 3 it sounds like ;)

Yeah, most of those are house dresses. She's got one or two nicer ones, but the shapeless sack-looking dresses are not something I'd wear out.

Wow her Saturday's dress is the epitome of frumpiness, it looks like something my late great grand-mother used to wear at home when I was a kid during the 70's :lol: :lol:

All her current dresses are very ugly and shapeless, a few years back I remember her wearing prettier dresses with a best fit...

For a moment I considered if she thought form-fitting dresses to be immodest, then thought of her pictures in workout clothes etc. and decided immediately that those dresses from the clearance rack at walmart and similar stores are probably the only ones she can afford at the moment.

Wow. That blog is mesmerizing in its own way. It reminds me that there is nobody more gullible than a conspiracy theorist.

It's nice to see that Candy's daughter seems to be a healthy weight, considering how often fundie kids seem to be underweight and that the Brauers are so, so bad with money.

I'm surprised to see that Candy's daughter is head covering already. Don't most Christian head coverers start at either puberty or marriage? Little Mennonite girls don't usually cover as far as I've noticed. And Orthodox Jewish women don't cover til marriage.

Does Candy really think that a demonic alien will descend from it's flying roll to rape her uncovered little girl and breed demonic giant/alien/demon hybrids already? Surely they would wait til puberty!

Those poor kids, growing up with their parent's crazy being presented daily as facts and without access to alternative (sane) perspectives. Candy makes even the PP and Zsuzsanna seem rational.

Does Candy really think that a demonic alien will descend from it's flying roll to rape her uncovered little girl and breed demonic giant/alien/demon hybrids already?

Yes.

• 3 weeks later...

New posts are available after her 2 weeks of posting picture after picture of her in dress, head cropped. (However the fully body view was available on her Facebook page. Still don't get that.) We can get bikini ready body after babies the Candy way, y'all! But, technically, her body isn't a bikini body, because she swims in modest swimsuits. She just calls it that for the sake of calling it that. :roll: She has 'nursing thighs' and has always loved her breasts. Today's post? NUDES! And her son doesn't understand why she still exercises because she's married now and has a man, so let yourself go, mom! She explains to the son it's even more important to stay fit so she can keep herself up for her husband. (He's supposed to be fit fer too, so it's NOT one sided)

Apparently, artistic nudes can cause impure thoughts too. :roll: All in all, some... interesting thoughts here and there with typical Candy sprinkled in

joyfulchristianhomemaking.com

There are some things I would disagree with, but over all her Body Image post is good! Is there a change in Candy? It wasn't a snarky, fat shaming post. It was about loving your body before you make changes. I couldn't have seen her writing this 5 years ago. And nude art!

Agree, this is really positive for Candy. She used to post about how she wished she were tall,thin and blond because that was her husband's 'type' before he married her. She seemed really insecure about it before.

So Candy's husband drinks?!

I agree with you, FundieWatcher. I've been aware of her for years now ( a decade maybe? :o sheesh!)and I'm surprised too!

So Candy's husband drinks?!

I was interested in that as well. I've seen her go from alcohol being of the Satan & non Biblical, to the 'non-alcoholic beer is fine' phase,champagne is fine in moderate sips at weddings' and for a while there, she had a thing for non-alcoholic red whine sangria. Now, it seems perfectly okay and biblical for actual beer now. Or, at least for her husband. Who knows, really.

I agree with you, FundieWatcher. I've been aware of her for years now ( a decade maybe? :o sheesh!)and I'm surprised too!

I was interested in that as well. I've seen her go from alcohol being of the Satan & non Biblical, to the 'non-alcoholic beer is fine' phase,champagne is fine in moderate sips at weddings' and for a while there, she had a thing for non-alcoholic red whine sangria. Now, it seems perfectly okay and biblical for actual beer now. Or, at least for her husband. Who knows, really.

I was expecting some sort of post in the comments accompanied by a lecture on biblical drinking. But nothing!

I've read her article about relative time travel twice and I've come to the conclusion that I need to read it again once I've had copious amounts of alcohol.

Her scientific experiment of how we travel thru time while observing children jump rope is a beauty. I thought her theory busting the true age of the moon (it's not dusty enough) was a winner and needs to be printed on a tshirt.

I'll be back with vodka.