IGNORED

Joyful Christian Homemaking- All things Candy

Mac1138

My head just exploded....she is recommending a book called Fascinating Womanhood. If anyone ever read that book Escape by Carolyn Jessop, about her experiences in the FLDS (fundamentalist Mormons), that was the book that all the "cool crowd" at her high school read and used to learn how to manipulate men. I'm sort of laughing and also sort of weirded out by that.

My head just exploded....she is recommending a book called Fascinating Womanhood. If anyone ever read that book Escape by Carolyn Jessop, about her experiences in the FLDS (fundamentalist Mormons), that was the book that all the "cool crowd" at her high school read and used to learn how to manipulate men. I'm sort of laughing and also sort of weirded out by that.

Very 70s memories, that book. A woman at my church gave it to me to read when I was in HS....and mentioned to my dad I should not let anyone know I drove a tractor on our farm, etc.

My dad told her to leave me alone, he wasn't wanting his daughters to be simpering little fakes.

As I recall, the book said women should make their husbands feel more masculine and make themselves look more helpless if the wives had their husbands open cans for them when their husband were home. I asked her if she had him open any cans she thought she might need in the morning before he went to work, of if he might have figured out she was just bothering him for no reason when she took cans into the livingroom for him to open?

When her own daughters were older, she apologized to my dad, as I gather she rethought what the book was teaching.

• Upvote 1

Oh thank God! I had completely forgotten how to run my house without Candy pushing her Home Management Binder at me every 3 months! I was so confused that I was just doing the same chore every night while all the others piled up, but now, thanks to Candy, I can see that I need to do DIFFERENT chores every night and rotate them throughout the week. Who knew?!? Also, it turns out you shouldn't just pay bills RANDOMLY, but regularly schedule time to make sure you go through the month's bills and pay them on time. OMG, wow. Such knowledge.

This changes everything. Thanks, Candy!

After months of non blogging she put 2 videos online. The first one is hilarious, once you have skipped the first part where she speaks of her favorite religious topic, her husband join her and then :angry-banghead:

The second video is just one of her usual Home Management Binder stuff

eyes2jesus.blogspot.fr/

WTF is a boge? boje? I dunno, I have never heard the word that she says and urbandictionary.com was no help whatsoever.

Yeah, I'm not use to see her on video either, and wow the second part of the first one ! She makes Priscilla Waller look bright and smart and that's something to say :shock: :think:

She's an Aspie?! Why do I find that insulting?

And her headship....I just can't. Self-important and fancies himself smart.

These two.... :roll:

Also, what is with "One Timothy", and "One Corithinans"? I've only heard them referred to as first and second, and so forth.

Remember that our wonderful Candy home schooled herself through high school, which is just a fancy way to say "high school dropout" and that's explain a lot :lol:

So she thinks she is smart enough to make her own diagnosis, one of the latest being that she has decided she fell on the Autism Spectrum and is an "Aspie"

Her interraction with her husband is really repulsive. She looks like a giddy teenager and not in a cute way. Ugh. Also, I could be wrong but I believe she is a self diagnosed 'Aspie', using online personality tests. I was surprised how she was sort of standing up for her rights as a woman.... skewed as she may be, I think this is a bit of rebellion from her. :think:

Also, what is with "One Timothy", and "One Corithinans"? I've only heard them referred to as first and second, and so forth.

One Corinthians is how I would normally refer to it, especially if following up with chapter and verse - One Corinthians 13, for example. "Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians" I wouldn't expect to hear anywhere other than from the lectern.

One Timothy feels less familiar but that's probably only because it gets quoted less often ;-)

(context: I'm an Anglican)

One Corinthians is how I would normally refer to it, especially if following up with chapter and verse - One Corinthians 13, for example. "Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians" I wouldn't expect to hear anywhere other than from the lectern.

One Timothy feels less familiar but that's probably only because it gets quoted less often ;-)

(context: I'm an Anglican)

Interesting. I would always say "First Corinthians, Chapter 13, Verse 5"

I wonder if it is denominational or age related (or regional)

OMG, how did I miss this trainwreck? Just went through the thread and I am like :pink-shock: She is definitely not right and her husband? I can't decide if he's either that self important, just clueless or some combination of both. That poster who knew her way back when seemed to indicate that there's a whole lot about her that maybe he doesn't even know.

Inventor, my foot, not at all hard to find if he's got patents, so if he's "inventing" it's their ongoing, ever changing fantasy.

Do feel for Erik's family. They have to be going crazy worrying about those kids. A kid running away and not wanting to go back at seven years old? Wow, that sure says something.

If Candy's on the Autism spectrum then I'm a Titus2 Housewife!

Candy is simply socially inept because she "homeschooled" herself through high school and then ran off with her everlubbin boshe at 17...aka she never fully developed adult social skills because she basically isolated herself during the time when those skills are normally developed. Not to say, of course, that homeschooled kids necessarily don't develop good social skills. Many do, especially when their parents make an effort to provide a social environment of their peers through homeschool/church/activity groups. But I think we can all agree that Candy's "homeschool" wasn't REAL homeschool.

If you isolate yourself too much, you start to become awkward with social interaction. That's what's happened to Candy. But calling herself an "Aspie" sounds far better than calling herself an eccentric hermit.

I'm not doubting there is something "off" with Candy. But I think much of it is the product of her weird environment and less because of innate neuro-atypicality. Especially as she seems to get more "off" as time goes by. I watched her early videos, and they were never like this. She used to be somewhat charismatic.

If Candy's on the Autism spectrum then I'm a Titus2 Housewife!

Candy is simply socially inept because she "homeschooled" herself through high school and then ran off with her everlubbin boshe at 17...aka she never fully developed adult social skills because she basically isolated herself during the time when those skills are normally developed. Not to say, of course, that homeschooled kids necessarily don't develop good social skills. Many do, especially when their parents make an effort to provide a social environment of their peers through homeschool/church/activity groups. But I think we can all agree that Candy's "homeschool" wasn't REAL homeschool.

If you isolate yourself too much, you start to become awkward with social interaction. That's what's happened to Candy. But calling herself an "Aspie" sounds far better than calling herself an eccentric hermit.

I'm not doubting there is something "off" with Candy. But I think much of it is the product of her weird environment and less because of innate neuro-atypicality. Especially as she seems to get more "off" as time goes by. I watched her early videos, and they were never like this. She used to be somewhat charismatic.

Agree that it's her weird environment and the longer it goes, the weirder, more socially inept she gets. And it's largely of her own making now. One could cut her slack when younger because of her upbringing but now it's more because of the strange web she has spun for herself. Self diagnosing herself as an Aspie might be because she knows that people are tired of her and this is a way to put a slant on her weirdness that gets some sympathy or tolerance from people.

OMG, how did I miss this trainwreck? Just went through the thread and I am like :pink-shock: She is definitely not right and her husband? I can't decide if he's either that self important, just clueless or some combination of both. That poster who knew her way back when seemed to indicate that there's a whole lot about her that maybe he doesn't even know.

Inventor, my foot, not at all hard to find if he's got patents, so if he's "inventing" it's their ongoing, ever changing fantasy.

Do feel for Erik's family. They have to be going crazy worrying about those kids. A kid running away and not wanting to go back at seven years old? Wow, that sure says something.

He did have his name on at least one patent with some other people. To my knowledge the product never went commercial.

He did have his name on at least one patent with some other people. To my knowledge the product never went commercial.

He's a brilliant inventor just like John Schrader is a successful missionary or Jill Rodrigues is Mother of the Year.

He's a brilliant inventor just like John Schrader is a successful missionary or Jill Rodrigues is Mother of the Year.

Unlike many other fundie couples, Candy and Eric have a sizable age difference...and he's already really showing his age. I wonder what Candy plans to do to support the family when Eric is no longer able to even pretend to "invent". They certainly don't have savings!

Unlike many other fundie couples, Candy and Eric have a sizable age difference...and he's already really showing his age. I wonder what Candy plans to do to support the family when Eric is no longer able to even pretend to "invent". They certainly don't have savings!

Find another nutjob to marry....

Such a brilliant inventor and great provider that a couple years ago she had to enter an online contest begging to win $40,000...

Interesting. I would always say "First Corinthians, Chapter 13, Verse 5"

I wonder if it is denominational or age related (or regional)

I've generally found it to be that "One Corinthians" is what British people say, and "First Corinthians" is what all my American friends said. Although my (British) pastor says "First Corinthians" so who knows?!

Such a brilliant inventor and great provider that a couple years ago she had to enter an online contest begging to win $40,000...

Right, because her "brilliant inventor" husband was out of work and they needed the money for groceries.

Then the entry was taken down when StC found it and people actually OFFERED HER GROCERY GIFTCARDS. Her husband is a GREAT provider! How DARE we insinuate he wasn't providing? They were doing JUST FINE THANKS! CRAZY STALKERS!

And a week or two later they got new, leather-bound Bibles for each person.

I had no wats left after that.

I emailed her and offered to send her a $100 gift card to a local grocery store if she'd send me her address. That made me a stalker and, oh, by the way, she was not interested in taking "hand-outs". Because an online contest for $40,000 isn't a handout but a grocery store gift card is. Right.

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2014 at 6:36 PM, Cran said:

Apart from the skirt/blouse combination all her dresses look like lounge wear to me.

Can't help it, perhaps it is an USA/Europe thing, but this is exactly what my mother and me would wear around the house, but not go out with it.

Patterns are a matter of taste, though.

Is it because they're made of jersey or a similar fabric? 

It's certainly an informal fabric, but not necessarily only for the house. It's just casual as opposed to formal.

However, a lot of women use them as work wear, nonetheless, certainly in most of the offices I've worked in. LOL.