IGNORED

Jahi McMath case in California

bionicmlle

I'm sorry but I don't understand why the ppl who just want this saga to end are callous. Keeping a corpse on life support and trying to emotionally manipulate the public to keep coughing up cash? Now THAT'S callous.

it is,as well as the emotional fatigue it's bound to be causing the rest of the family.the mother should be at home w her other kids;their whole lives revolve around a dead body right now.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is,as well as the emotional fatigue it's bound to be causing the rest of the family.the mother should be at home w her other kids;their whole lives revolve around a dead body right now.

To paraphrase another FJer on a different thread, the ship to callous has sailed and navigated the globe.

Does it seem like her hands are too 'full' to really be her? If her clinical death happened in early/mid December, and we're in late March, wouldn't her body have lost most of its mass by now? I'm truly clueless, but I wouldn't think her hands would be that heavy still.

Does it seem like her hands are too 'full' to really be her? If her clinical death happened in early/mid December, and we're in late March, wouldn't her body have lost most of its mass by now? I'm truly clueless, but I wouldn't think her hands would be that heavy still.

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but if they are pumping her full of liquids, it seems likely that her hands could be swollen up by those fluids and a lack of circulation.

I was wondering if they were indeed her fingers.

I don't think they are her fingers-or at least that it isn't a recent photo, but a photo they had taken of Jahi's nails when she was alive. It never actually claims that the picture is of Jahi's recently manicured nails, because it probably isn't. I think by this point, her hands are probably skeletal thin with skin that's falling off. I don't know how they are thinking that she is alive, even weeks after she was pronounced dead, there was a report describing that she was decomposing.

I was wondering if they were indeed her fingers.

I thought the same thing. They don't have anyone to really make them accountable for anything. Jahi could very well be buried somewhere and, unless they said so, there is no way of knowing for sure. Technically the death certificate has already been issued. (I believe death certificates are public records in CA, but are burial records? Of course, they could cremate her and then unless the crematorium said something, no one would know)

I hope this does not sound callous, but I clicked on here hoping to see they finally buried her and she is at rest.

It's not callous to hope that Jehi's body is finally being shown the respect it deserves instead of continuing to be desecrated.

If they are actually trying to "feed" her intravenously, even with some minimal amount of proteins, they could be "seeping" into her extracellular spaces and causing edema which, on the outside, appears like one is "healthy" or "gaining weight" but really is just edema and fluid collection because the nutrients aren't being absorbed appropriately. Obviously we have no clue how her body is being "maintained" and I really doubt the validity of that photo. Isn't there a way to check the timestamp and IP of a digital photo like that?

If they are actually trying to "feed" her intravenously, even with some minimal amount of proteins, they could be "seeping" into her extracellular spaces and causing edema which, on the outside, appears like one is "healthy" or "gaining weight" but really is just edema and fluid collection because the nutrients aren't being absorbed appropriately. Obviously we have no clue how her body is being "maintained" and I really doubt the validity of that photo. Isn't there a way to check the timestamp and IP of a digital photo like that?

I think there is if it was done w a smartphone,iphone,android or something like that.I don't have one though,so idk the process,other than I think it starts w right-clicking the mouse on the original pic posted,and that can show things like location,date and time.They are prob. wise enough to have put it into a file form bf posting though.I imagine the attorney might have mentioned that to keep the location secret.

Honestly, I'm surprised someone hasn't followed the family around trying to figure out where Jahi is.

If she was buried and they were trying to keep this going anyway, why would the lawyer continue to speak?

Although I can't figure out why he would lie about seeing Jahi better either. Seems unscrupulous.

Supposedly she has a feeding tube rather than an IV. A couple articles did say that a few bodies had lasted a few years after being declared brain dead.

I am in an allied health field and would like to know what f'ing physical therapist would like to lose their license by giving this dead person PT 3 times a day? So much for evidence based practice. I cannot even imagine being asked to treat a dead person. No way would I put my license and clinical competency certification on the line. :shock:

As per above, I honestly don't think it would be that hard to spy on the family and figure out where Jahi is. They don't strike me as a particularly intelligent bunch. Well, beyond the not showing recent pictures or video of her, that is. So it makes me wonder why the media hasn't done it already (unless they just don't care, which is possible.)?

With all due respect to Jahi, this is so gross. A dead corpse decaying right in front of you for months. It must smell. I don't believe this bs that she's in a "facility" she's probably at someone's home.

Jahi's mother says

Jahi has more energy since she is no longer in CA.... and her mother was given an award by the Terry Schiavo society.

FIsh Oil!! Manicures every Friday. (green and silver for St. Patrick's day.... ) But no pictures--no videos, nothing (Myguess is they are saving these for the lawsuit).

Other kids are with relatives, and she really misses them.

nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/Shes-Still-Asleep-Jahi-McMaths-Mother-Says-of-Brain-Dead-Daughter-252700851.html?_osource=Newltr_Station_Hdlines_DC

There is so much wrong with this picture. And they will get nothing in a lawsuit.

I have to ask. Are we absolutely sure that Jahi is in a medical facility? Is it possible that she has died and the family held a private burial or cremation?

they meant the mom misses the others.

Rosydaisy,that's a good thought.Since a death certificate has already been issued,Jahi could,in a sense,be misrespresented as still being on life support indefinitely.there is just no telling.and it doesn't seem this family is being very honest.at least not from descriptions of her.

I have to ask. Are we absolutely sure that Jahi is in a medical facility? Is it possible that she has died and the family held a private burial or cremation?

One can only hope.

Archived