IGNORED

Jahi McMath case in California

bionicmlle

I am somewhat curious to see what her body looks like by now, surely it isn't pretty and there is no mistaking that they are caring for a corpse. Im guessing that is why there is no photos or video.

I can't think of a reputable site that would allow such graphic images. Which they must be.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point, I would prefer that DeDe's eleventy-month pregnancy be brought back. It was less of a farce than this.

I think they quietly buried her. Because the alternative is just so sad and sick.

I have such a strong and sudden feeling that something just now happened in this case.

I hope you are one of our FJ-seers.

Oh wow, she is still on life support. This was posted on the Keep Jahi On Life Support facebook page (by the page administrator) yesterday. I dont know what to think. Sam Schmid, BTW, was NOT declared brain dead but he was severely brain injured.

God Is A Miracle Working God. Yes, miracles surely do happen, we thank God for the miraculous healing of Sam Schmid, while we wait patiently for the the day Jahi will wake up. We thank You God, for all You have done and all You ARE about to do for Jahi and all who need healing

:cry: Still hoping to hear that she was buried and the family is getting counseling.

:cry: Still hoping to hear that she was buried and the family is getting counseling.

Me too, but I'm not holding my breath. :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

From that (public) page:

Nailah stated on her last update that Jahi is still asleep but physically stable, no pic lines, no catheters, no I.V, she maintains all her vitals on her own, no medicines needed. Jahi is given lots of vitamins and fish oil through her feeding tube. She moves around so much that pillows are put around her bed. She responds to pain, cold and touch. Jahi can turn her head from left to right and her ventilator is set to room air temperature so she is not getting any extra oxygen like she was before. Jahis skin is flawless and she gets a manicure and pedicure every week, done by Nailah. Jahi gets physical therapy three times a week and never has a stiff joint, all organs are healthy and fully functional. Jahi is such a fighter. Remember she didnt get any nutrition for 28 days from the other hospital and she recovered from that quickly. Prayer is so powerful.

From that (public) page:

Nailah stated on her last update that Jahi is still asleep but physically stable, no pic lines, no catheters, no I.V, she maintains all her vitals on her own, no medicines needed. Jahi is given lots of vitamins and fish oil through her feeding tube. She moves around so much that pillows are put around her bed. She responds to pain, cold and touch. Jahi can turn her head from left to right and her ventilator is set to room air temperature so she is not getting any extra oxygen like she was before. Jahis skin is flawless and she gets a manicure and pedicure every week, done by Nailah. Jahi gets physical therapy three times a week and never has a stiff joint, all organs are healthy and fully functional. Jahi is such a fighter. Remember she didnt get any nutrition for 28 days from the other hospital and she recovered from that quickly. Prayer is so powerful.

:pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

What?

Jahi is on a vent bc she is brain dead and can't breathe on her own.she's not asleep.she's DEAD.

Lest anyone think I am not compassionate to the situation,my own mom was brain dead and on a vent..for 24 hours.That's as long as my dad would allow it to go on.and we all agreed with that.it wouldn't have even been for that long,but some of the family wanted to see her first.

Jahi is DEAD,not comatose.they need to let her go.

she was issued a death cert.she is by all terms DEAD.

God has already issued the verdict,and no amount of prayer is ever going to revive her.the laws of life and death,just like the laws of physics and the laws of gravity,have already decided her fate.

eta: as I stated bf,my mom would open her eyes when I spoke.does that means she wasn't brain dead? absolutely not! it was just a reflex from the spinal cord,in response to sound.

At this point,praying for Jahi is like praying for someone who has had their head removed via a guillotine.Life for this child is not going to happen.It's common sense.

I hate to use such a graphic example,but it's the truth.No amount of prayer is going to help.She's dead and has been dead for several months now.They need to let her go.Mom needs to get back to the family she needs to raise,and ppl need to stop funding this useless cause and put the money instead to where it can actually do some good,such as a fund to help others in Jahi's memory.

Wait, all the brain dead stuff aside, can any person actually live without food and water for 28 days? Isn't it like 3 days for water? Just googled and it's like 3 or so weeks without food.

I really cannot believe this is still going on. I could barely believe it back in December, but now it is just ridiculous. Or horrifying.

As I understand it they have a line in her for fluids, vitamins and hormones. The hormones are essential to maintain bodily functions. Live bodies produce those hormones but dead ones do not. A person can not go very long without fluids but they can go for a long time without food. Obviously there is enough brain function left to keep her body going on a respirator but that doesn't mean that there is a life to maintain.

My husband is an M.D. and I have tried to get some understanding about this child's situation from him. He is no expert on brain death but he believes that Jahi was left with more brain function than they thought she had after the crisis because if she was truly braid dead her heart would have stopped beating by now. He does not doubt that her brain is damaged beyond repair .

I believe that it's very likely that this isn't the first time a body has been (quietly) kept going like this and I think that the term "brain death" is inadequate and needs to be redefined or broadened. The science behind why Jahi.'s heart is still beating is really not that complicated. Never the less, there is only one ending for this story and I'll bet it gets uglier every day. The state of her little body must be horrific by now, I don't think she has been decaying all this time but she is certainly atrophied , contorted and wasted. Her mother is completely out of her mind to let this go on.

I think that they probably have her in the family home, not in a facility. Does anyone else think that? I know the Schiavo foundation is involved and she got over 60k from gofundme but a long term care facility would burn right through that. It's a hell of a lot of work to keep a body like that but it could be done...

As I understand it they have a line in her for fluids, vitamins and hormones. The hormones are essential to maintain bodily functions. Live bodies produce those hormones but dead ones do not. A person can not go very long without fluids but they can go for a long time without food. Obviously there is enough brain function left to keep her body going on a respirator but that doesn't mean that there is a life to maintain.

My husband is an M.D. and I have tried to get some understanding about this child's situation from him. He is no expert on brain death but he believes that Jahi was left with more brain function than they thought she had after the crisis because if she was truly braid dead her heart would have stopped beating by now. He does not doubt that her brain is damaged beyond repair .

I believe that it's very likely that this isn't the first time a body has been (quietly) kept going like this and I think that the term "brain death" is inadequate and needs to be redefined or broadened. The science behind why Jahi.'s heart is still beating is really not that complicated. Never the less, there is only one ending for this story and I'll bet it gets uglier every day. The state of her little body must be horrific by now, I don't think she has been decaying all this time but she is certainly atrophied , contorted and wasted. Her mother is completely out of her mind to let this go on.

To the bolded - at this point I believe the same thing. Though what kind of life is it if you have no hope of recovering? Even if she did recover some brain function, it's likely she would be heavily dependent upon doctors and family for the rest of her life. This is where the "quality of life" argument should kick in.

Basic body functions arise from the brain stem.Things like heartbeat and breathing,digestion,etc.She relies on the vent to breathe,but her heart is still going,(which, of course, it wouldn't be, if not for breathing via the vent),so yes,she does have some basic brain stem function,but as for the brain itself..consciousness,thinking,even basic wake and sleep cycles (a brain dead person does not have those) etc.,those are not there,or she would have flunked the tests that determine whether someone is brain dead or not.

And if she'd flunked the tests,she would have been considered comatose,not brain dead.

You can look on youtube or search the net for these tests.There are also some on youtube (if it doesn't bother you) that show basic movement and reflexes in a bran dead person.When they said she could move her arms,and her head from side to side..well guess what.Those are two of the basic reflexes a brain dead person can do.

Yeah I'm just curious if she was on anything for those 28 days, or if she really was deprived of fluid and nutrition that whole time. Different situation obviously, but my children were born at 29 weeks and preemies generally don't start eating breastmilk for a few days (even via NG tube) so they got TPN (total parenteral nutrition) via IV. It was like lipids and sugar and I don't really know what, but nutrition enough to keep them going until they were cleared to start feeds. If Jahi was on that sort of thing, the 28 days I can understand. If she wasn't on any kind of fluids even, I don't know how anyone could think she is "alive" right now.

As for the cost, if she was in a hospital it would be astronomical by now. My kids were in NICU for 2 months, they weren't on extreme life support like Jahi would need to be (not on a ventilator, just CPAP), but the cost of their care was over $700,000! Jahi is on much more intensive life support I assume, and has been for much longer than 2 months. Anything they raised has to be long gone, assuming all her care isn't donated by whatever place is holding her. And insurance doesn't cover the dead.

I think that's where the bilking comes into play,and that they are preying off ppl who think a heartbeat=life.But a heartbeat doesn't=brain function in this case.

I suspect some of the donors also don't realize the difference bet. brain death and being in a coma.So for the family to say they are waiting on Jahi to 'wake up',it is just not going to happen.

The rumor I read after the St. PATRICKS day mani pedi stori was that she was in the facility in new jersey run by the hairdresser because o f the different laws on brain death in NJ and because the go on about what limited care she reqires--this place could only offer l8mited care. I don't know but they have done an amazing job keeping details quiet. No shadowy pics taken by an orderlies girlfriend popping up on the net. THAT ALONE RAISES SOME QUESTIONS.

Archived