IGNORED

Jahi McMath case in California

bionicmlle

The latest news reports are saying that the school has agreed to hand over the certificate at the ceremony to a relative. Her uncle is quoted as saying that she "is doing well".

I hope this is done aside from the regular ceremony. I don't think subjecting those kids to a "graduation" for a dead student who they're probably very confused about would be good for anyone involved, and would make the entire ceremony about the McMaths.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't say! She may not be able to attend?! And they don't graduate kids who merely completed "most" of the work. At best, you get to walk, but then you officially graduate after finishing. She didn't finish the first semester of the year.

It's no wonder so many of today's high school grads are illiterate. In my day, one had to actually complete the work to graduate. Later, schools seemed to graduate any warm body that made it to class. Now even DEAD students can "graduate." Hmph!

So if the MD husband is right and she was left with more brain function than they thought....does that mean she is alive? Could her doctors really have been that wrong??

He also joked that maybe Jahi is made of ***HeLa cells. There really isn't enough available information to speak with any authority about it. That was just his first thought because it seems impossible to sustain a brain dead patient for 6 months. I wonder what the hospital doc's are saying now?

In any case, even if she miraculously grew a new brain her lungs would not be able to perform. There is not a life to sustain.

*** HeLa refers to cells taken from cancer patient Henrietta Lacks, who died in 1951. Her cells are immortal and are still used in research today. It's a remarkable story and a book was written about it. " The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks" .

There are reports of keeping brain dead patients' hearts beating for months and even years. They are the exceptions or outliers, but it still happens. This could go on for a long time. Hopefully it won't but it sounds like either the stories aren't being factual or the body isn't failing as fast as the average.

That's it exactly. The mother was asking people to call so she could get a meaningless piece of school printed paper that does absolutely nothing. I'm reasonably sure that if she had called and asked for it herself she would have gotten the same answer. The school has to be well aware of her level of delusion by this point. It's so much easier to print one more certificate than engage with any of the family.

Encouraging people to call the school, then seeing that it actually happens shows that someone cares, which is probably what she's looking for.

This is a posthumous award,so on some level,they are having to admit she is gone.

Do they understand that it is a postumnous, honorary award, or do they think that she received her 8th gade "diploma" and when she recovers and wakes up she will join her classmates in 9th grade?

Re: what the certificate means

Let them think what they will. That poor child isn't waking up.

Sorry, haven't figured how to quote on my new phone.

no idea what they think.

perhaps their time would be better spent warning other parents about trying to have 3 procedures in one all at once.like have the tonsillectomy done first,then one or the others next.insurance may not like it,but all they have to do is point to this case and show how dangerous it is.

if nothing else comes out of this,at least maybe other lives can be saved.

That presumes it that what killed her was the surgery going wrong. The fact is that HIPAA is still I place and we just don't know. We don't know if the stories about her family feeding her or suctioning her are true, we don't know whether or not they were advised to do so, what do not know whether her anesthesiologists advised that a three in one procedure would be safer than multiple general anaethetics.

And for every insurer who wants to minimize the time spent in hospital, there's an equally vocal insurer who wants to reduce the risk of a professional being sued.

Wow, her mother knows how to make a spectacle of herself. On one hand she says Jahi is "improving" but won't answer any questions or provide any proof.

Those earrings. :shock:

One step short of this: :lol:

V3KTQua.jpg

WICKED CHILD! Posting graven images of the Whiteadders and taking their accessories in vain!

Love me some Blackadder, me.

Mum said "Jahi deserved it". Don't know about anyone else, but if I was collecting something to give to my kid, I would say "deserves it" rather than use the past tense. Subconscious acknowledgement maybe?

Either prove she is alive, or accept she is dead.

Seriously I hope she has been buried and the family is still trying to make money off of her. If not, please, someone stop the madness.

Either prove she is alive, or accept she is dead.

Seriously I hope she has been buried and the family is still trying to make money off of her. If not, please, someone stop the madness.

Exactly. Pictures or it didn't happen. I get that it seems intrusive to ask for pictures of an ill family member but when you are shilling for money and all of this anger about her medical care, it almost seems like one would want to rejoice in her recovery and show her "progress."

In my opinion, the way this family has acted the whole time (fame whorish), if there was ANY chance a photo would prove anything about Jahi recovering, they would have sold it to People magazine AGES ago. Photos of her miraculous recovery would be everywhere. Since there are none, they aren't possible bc she is not recovering.

In my opinion, the way this family has acted the whole time (fame whorish), if there was ANY chance a photo would prove anything about Jahi recovering, they would have sold it to People magazine AGES ago. Photos of her miraculous recovery would be everywhere. Since there are none, they aren't possible bc she is not recovering.

Agreed. Especially the uncle...he seems like he is willing to do anything to turn a quick buck.

Btw where is Jahi's father in all this?

I'm sticking to my belief that Jahi has been buried, but for whatever reason (greed, craziness, or both), the family just can't tell the public. The death certificate had already been issued. Also, HIPAA regulations could be preventing the release of any information or the funeral home in charged was made to sign a non-disclosure agreement, and Jahi's body could have been cremated.

Holy crap! Jahi has been moved to a hospital!

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/06/19/jahi ... esponding/

Doesn't sound to me like that's a recent move. Sounds like that's where she's been all along.

And the linked article was actually quite balanced for a pro-life journal. He made some excellent points about the requirement for brain activity.

Also, the statement that she is responding to her mother etc is not new. Isn't that what they've been claiming all along?

Doesn't sound to me like that's a recent move. Sounds like that's where she's been all along.

And the linked article was actually quite balanced for a pro-life journal. He made some excellent points about the requirement for brain activity.

Also, the statement that she is responding to her mother etc is not new. Isn't that what they've been claiming all along?

I think you are right, this is where she has been all along and it was just discovered and reported. The first article I read on this made it sound like she had just been moved to this hospital , or maybe I just misunderstood. I had never heard that she can move a body part when asked to do so and I thought this was a new development.

I'm alarmed that she might have some awareness and could be suffering. There is no reason for Jahi to still be on life support whether she is technically alive or technically dead, lying in a bed hooked up to a machine isn't life .

But now that it is known where she is the reporters will be after them.

Archived