IGNORED

Jahi McMath case in California

bionicmlle

I'm so very sorry, FEQ. I hope your family is able to find peace.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/F ... 319514.php

"In an interview with The Chronicle on Friday at the office of the family's attorney, Jahi's uncle Omari Sealy, 27, said that while his niece remains unconscious, she looks healthy and moves her head, legs and arms regularly. Showing such signs of life, he said, the family is not going to give up on her."

Sigh.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Family-says-brain-dead-Jahi-McMath-showing-signs-5319514.php

"In an interview with The Chronicle on Friday at the office of the family's attorney, Jahi's uncle Omari Sealy, 27, said that while his niece remains unconscious, she looks healthy and moves her head, legs and arms regularly. Showing such signs of life, he said, the family is not going to give up on her."

Sigh.

This needs to end.

The bit that worried me the most is that the article claims her mother, sister and sisters husband are with her everyday. These people have stopped living their lives and are just watching a body. That is so sad. Aren't there younger siblings? I hope someone is carrying for them while mum sits watching the body.

The younger siblings should be in school and playing with their friends. Those kids will end up like the killer on "Criminal Minds" last week, whose parents brought their rabid son home to "die in peace."

I want video. I can't imagine what it's doing to the younger children.

The state report came in and found Children's Hospital within the standard of care:

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_25332221

The family, of course, disagrees:

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_25338082

The report angered Christopher Dolan, Jahi's family attorney, who said the results illustrate why medical negligence lawsuits are necessary.

"The report is evidence of what the family has faced from day one, doctors covering for other doctors," Dolan said. "The family was not even interviewed, to my knowledge. How can a 13-year-old girl bleed to death in an ICU, and there is no evaluation or finding explaining that?"

Did the family's lawyer just come out and admit that yes, in fact, Jahi did die in the hospital? In the second article above, he does go back to the family's party line, nut sounds like he had a little slip of the tongue there for a bit.

Good catch

Presumably she bled to death because of complications from the surgery. It's sad, and it's rare, but it does happen sometimes. It doesn't automatically make the hospital at fault

Coffers running low again, Omari? SFGate.com article this week:

In an interview with The Chronicle on Friday at the office of the family's attorney, Jahi's uncle Omari Sealy, 27, said that while his niece remains unconscious, she looks healthy and moves her head, legs and arms regularly. Showing such signs of life, he said, the family is not going to give up on her.

She even turns in the direction of visitors when they enter her hospital room, an indication that she understands her surroundings, Sealy said.

"She moves so much, she can turn on her side," he said. "They have to keep her bed rails up. They're afraid she could fall out of bed."

Coffers running low again, Omari? SFGate.com article this week:

What do you think the chances are that they'd agree to having this confirmed by at least one independent evaluator? The odds of my winning Warren Buffet's billion dollar bracket bonanza are probably greater.

What do you think the chances are that they'd agree to having this confirmed by at least one independent evaluator? The odds of my winning Warren Buffet's billion dollar bracket bonanza are probably greater.

The odds Bill Gates will finally pay up. That bastard owes me $5,000 and a trip to Disneyland that he promised to sent me for forwarding an email back in 1998.

I hope this does not sound callous, but I clicked on here hoping to see they finally buried her and she is at rest.

I hope this does not sound callous, but I clicked on here hoping to see they finally buried her and she is at rest.

Nope. she just got a manicure.

The bus to callous town is pulling up to the curb and I'm in line with you. Every time this topic bumps, I hope the saga is ended.

The bus to callous town is pulling up to the curb and I'm in line with you. Every time this topic bumps, I hope the saga is ended.

I feel confident in saying that you two are far from the only ones.

Until I see photos or a video (with a date) including her face, I am not going to believe anything the family says. Clearly things aren't as they say or the images would already be circulating. That many doctors could not have been wrong. There must be some major non-disclosure agreements for the employees of the "care facility."

I can't imagine that by now her skin isn't falling off and her bones are probably brittle.And I seriously doubt she can turns twds the door on her own.

The judge that allowed this needs to be fired,imo.

I feel confident in saying that you two are far from the only ones.

Until I see photos or a video (with a date) including her face, I am not going to believe anything the family says. Clearly things aren't as they say or the images would already be circulating. That many doctors could not have been wrong. There must be some major non-disclosure agreements for the employees of the "care facility."

I agree,where's the video of her doing these things?

she may indeed be getting manicures,bc a lot of ppl don't know that the hair and nails continue to grow after death.yes,really.so next week it won't surprise me if they say she got a much needed haircut.

I wish they could let this go and let this poor girl rip.

Hair and nails don't grow, the skin starts to decompose and shrink back which gives the appearance of the hair and nails growing.

Macabre, no matter how you spin it though.

Don't worry, I feel the same every time I see a bump of this thread. I think the whole thing's sick.

I'm sorry but I don't understand why the ppl who just want this saga to end are callous. Keeping a corpse on life support and trying to emotionally manipulate the public to keep coughing up cash? Now THAT'S callous.

Archived