IGNORED

Sister Wives is bbbaaaccckkk!!!1!

Justme

Does anyone know if Sister Wives is coming back for another season?

June 8th, IIRC.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the commercial for the next My Five Wives, which is a sitdown update show, one of the wives is clearly pregnant - the one who wanted to adopt.

Just bumping to let folks know I found full episodes of My 5 Wives on You tube youtube.com/watch?v=ArUcmSRGBD8

Sorry- can't find the Plyg Roundup thread & wanted to let everyone know before TLC yanks these off.

Thanks for sharing the link. Wow, that family makes the Browns look happy and well adjusted! They just seem so sad and ground down...

In the commercial for the next My Five Wives, which is a sitdown update show, one of the wives is clearly pregnant - the one who wanted to adopt.

Sorry, wanted to clarify, I just saw the commercial again and it's not the wife who wanted to adopt (Rhonda), it's Robyn, the one with the long blonde hair.

Thanks for sharing the link. Wow, that family makes the Browns look happy and well adjusted! They just seem so sad and ground down...

Welcome!:)

June 8th, IIRC.

Well, well aren't we all going to be busy, busy in the beginning of June! With Kate, Amy Jordan/Duggar and now the Sister Wives all with shows at that time! Whew, what to watch first???? :angry-banghead:

How the freak does she think she will pass a home study????

The link doesn't work due to copyright claims.

Does this one work? youtube.com/watch?v=EMbno4V0F_s

I don't see much of a shelf life for Sister Wives. Polygamy isn't a novelty any more and nothing else about those people--with the exception of Mykelti--is remotely interesting. Polygamy USA is much more fascinating (I kind of feel like a creepy voyeur when I watch it), and the people on My Five Wives are a lot more likeable, and also honest unless that part is all scripted. And Brady on that show works for a living, seems to care about his wives' feelings, and isn't a sexist douche.

Apparently I'm not the only one who thought Robyn (five wives) was pregnant, but apparently she isnt. She looked so pregnant but they never addressed it in the show tonight. Their public Facebook just posted this:

Hi Folks. We truly thank all of you for watching the Tell All Episode tonight. There seems to be a lot of talk about Robyn. She is regretting her choice of shirt for national TV, but she is not pregnant. She is beautiful and beautifully thin. Thanks again. ~Rosemary

I kept thinking she looked pregnant but it was never mentioned. I guess she just has a tummy. I sure as heck can't judge; I had my baby four months ago and still look depressingly dumpy.

Brady on that show works for a living, seems to care about his wives' feelings, and isn't a sexist douche.

I don't know, I sort of feel like Kody might respect his wives more. Despite calling himself a feminist, it seems to me like Brady treats his wives almost like children, and I don't get that same impression from Kody--they seem more like equals.

I actually don't dislike either family. I still think that being on a reality show is worse for their kids than their parents being polygamous.

I don't know, I sort of feel like Kody might respect his wives more. Despite calling himself a feminist, it seems to me like Brady treats his wives almost like children, and I don't get that same impression from Kody--they seem more like equals.

I agree with this. In the MFW family, the wives all defer to Brady all the time, even with their own kids 'well, we'll have to ask Dad' etc. Compare that to Meri chewing out whichever kids it were who were picking on Robyn's kids. Also, I also find Brady devoid of actual affection for his wives: the episode which was dealing with Robyn's ring issue, he was totally unemotional... She wanted reassuring that he loved her, and he didn;t say that to her once! It was all 'you should never feel let down by me...' which is just not the same thing! Kodouche is a douche, but he seems to be able to have actual conversations with his wives...

I was just creeping online and say that Aspyn is a member of Alpha Xi Delta. Will her half sisters or Robyn's kids be legacies?

I just started actually watching My Five Wives -- it was all stacked up on the DVR. And, of course, one episode didn't record properly (stopped after two minutes).

Does anyone know where to watch it online?

I just started actually watching My Five Wives -- it was all stacked up on the DVR. And, of course, one episode didn't record properly (stopped after two minutes).

Does anyone know where to watch it online?

I found the first 9 episodes (I don't know if there are more) on Youtube uploaded by user EnterChnn. They're all smaller than normal videos because its like the show is in this weird tye-dye frame (but I've found that I don't need to watch it, just listen to know what is going on).

I agree with this. In the MFW family, the wives all defer to Brady all the time, even with their own kids 'well, we'll have to ask Dad' etc. Compare that to Meri chewing out whichever kids it were who were picking on Robyn's kids. Also, I also find Brady devoid of actual affection for his wives: the episode which was dealing with Robyn's ring issue, he was totally unemotional... She wanted reassuring that he loved her, and he didn;t say that to her once! It was all 'you should never feel let down by me...' which is just not the same thing! Kodouche is a douche, but he seems to be able to have actual conversations with his wives...

I see your point. And I'm not saying Brady is great--it was appalling to see him ask the one wife to cut his hair or whatever to get ready for the weekend with another wife while she was telling him she had a breast cancer scare. And then he came back from a weekend with that wife (poor Rosemary) and told her that he was thinking about her the whole time he was away. Which I'm sure made Rosemary feel just great. I guess I was just thinking in terms of a TV show--as individuals they come across as more likeable and you feel like you are watching real people. And Polygamy USA just has such a creepy fascination (or maybe that's just me?) Whereas Sister Wives is just not-terribly-interesting people whose 15 minutes are up. They broke the barrier, but now, so what?

I was in and out of the room during the Q&A (hate those for all of the show), but my impression was that all or most of the Brady children said they didn't want polygamy. Was that correct?

I found the first 9 episodes (I don't know if there are more) on Youtube uploaded by user EnterChnn. They're all smaller than normal videos because its like the show is in this weird tye-dye frame (but I've found that I don't need to watch it, just listen to know what is going on).

I can only find episodes 1 thru 8. Can you please post a link for the 9th episode please?

• 3 weeks later...

Gearing up for SW season. Obviously looks like Sobyn Robyn is pregnant and must be close to delivering by now from the previews.

I can only find episodes 1 thru 8. Can you please post a link for the 9th episode please?

Whoops - late seeing this.

If you still need it:

youtube.com/watch?v=NhgfsmOQ4rE

Whoops - late seeing this.

If you still need it:

youtube.com/watch?v=NhgfsmOQ4rE

awesome, will watch tomorrow! Thanks again:)

Hi I am new here but this is coming back soon. I have watched this show mostly to snark on it. I will have to read all of the pages on this topic, but I was wondering if anyone had picked up on the similarities between the Browns and the show Big Love? (ie houses on same street, quilt from all moms as a present for the oldest child, MLM business.) I think there were more but I can't think of them at the moment. I hope I did this post right as it is my first one edited because I apparently can't add smiles.

I was watching one of TLC's wedding shows and they were running ads for their upcoming shows such as Honey Boo Boo and Sister Wives. My husband looked up and asked that if these are the shows they don't reject, what kind of shows do they reject? Considering all the weird programs they have such as Hoarding, Sex ER, Myrtle Manor, Man with Giant Testicle, Woman who weighs 600 pounds, Extreme Cheapskates and My Strange Obsession (such as eating glass or toilet paper), you gotta wonder where they draw the line. What would it take for TLC to say, "No, this is too strange? Do they even have any standards? Yes, I know it all comes down to ratings and revenue but Newton Minnow (only the older among us with know who is he) was right...television is a vast wasteland.

Archived