IGNORED

Sister Wives is bbbaaaccckkk!!!1!

Justme

I could not believe it when the words 2.5 came out of his mouth. These people are on reality tv but not living in reality. They aren't offering anything that anyone wants. I had to FF most of the episode, stopping only to see why someone was crying lol

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad Meri has finally come to her senses and mustered the strength to tell them she does not want to be a mommie again. She does want an education. Finally, she asserts herself. Now I want Janelle to do the same and tell Sobyn to run the "business" herself. I want Christine to do the same and Kody can tell Sobyn to quit giving him ultimatums. Let her be CEO and let her hire someone. They should all keep away from it.

You cannot run a business by committee.

The "business" is just a money pit and they know it. Let it fail and bring Sobyn down with it.

Miss "Wetbar" and "I need the same food budget as someone with 63 kids" finally asserting herself? Meri is one giant ball of assertive privilege. What show have you been watching?

• 2 weeks later...

I know zip about venture capital, so someone explain to me--the investors said they would give them $.25 million to $.5 million for a 5 percent share, and then re-evaluate after 6 months (I think that's what they said.) Does that mean that if it tanks after 6 months the investors can take the whole thing?

I for one see it tanking. They think if they have more stuff for people to choose to (not) buy, they'll get customers. But none of them seem to realize that more of the same won't be more appealing. It still hasn't dawned on them that their stuff is ugly--okay, maybe that's a matter of taste and some people agree it's pretty. Even if not butt ugly, who,other than maybe their daughters, wants a piece of jewelry that Kody designed for a specific wife? And judging by their clothes and the SF trip, they have no interest in finding out what most American women like to wear. Does anyone over 13 or so wear charms, especially those with sayings or "wise" words (even most teens,if they want "family" or something as a talisman, would get a tattoo, not buy a charm necklace). Who over the age of 5 wants an "SW" necklace?

They have never said anything about design--either learning it themselves or working with designers. They never said anything about manufacturing--where is this stuff made? If they did by some freakish occurance suddenly get an order for a million pieces, are they prepared to make them?

The Amish people at my local market have like a billion times more business savvy than these people.

So not knowing anything about how venture capitalism works, I'm thinking these investors know it will tank and are preparing to take over the company and do something smart to get their small investment back, or else they are being funded by TLC to keep the story going.

Their stuff is also really expensive. Someone with a lot of money to spend doesn't want that product and people who cannot afford it can easily buy alternatives everywhere else. They just are not meeting a need.

If I had $300 to spend on a splurge item it surely would not be one of their necklaces.

They sell overpriced cack and once the stans quit buying they will have no business.

None of them care but Robyn and now she wants everyone to do all the work so she and KodyKlueless can have another baby. Nuts.

I feel bad for Janelle. She's the smartest of the bunch and they act like she does nothing.

Janelle is my favorite. I'd love to lock her in a room with Michelle Duggar for days on end so she can school her on how to speak calmly and rationally. Janelle doesn't need to baby talk and googly-eye her "husband" to get what she wants.

They're apparently involved in a new pyramid scheme!

kodybrownfamily.livonline.net

The testimonials are actually really hilarious.

They're apparently involved in a new pyramid scheme!

kodybrownfamily.livonline.net

The testimonials are actually really hilarious.

LIV products sound awesome! I can hardly wait to place my order.

Janelle is my favorite. I'd love to lock her in a room with Michelle Duggar for days on end so she can school her on how to speak calmly and rationally. Janelle doesn't need to baby talk and googly-eye her "husband" to get what she wants.

I understand why you'd say that, but I actually have the least respect for Janelle out of all of them. Yes, she technically is "smarter" and has more marketable skills in the real world, but what good does that really do her or her kids when she's willingly hitched her wagon to the Kody Circus? She didn't grow up in the polygamist cult, she's one of the most taken advantage of, she's got other options, but instead of telling her immature, tail-chasing headship to shove it, she seems to be more and more besotted with him every year! It nauseates me.

LIV products sound awesome! I can hardly wait to place my order.

Not that I would buy overpriced nutritional supplements anyway, but if I were going to, it wouldn't be from this group of folks who have publicly been trying pretty unsuccessfully to lose weight for several years...

I'm watching the latest episode now and I'm really happy they're doing one on the kids. I'm far more interested in that than the adults' business ventures. It's also nice to see that they actually trust their kids and let them make their own decisions about dating and lifestyle. Huge difference if you compare them to the Duggars who say they give their kids a choice but then freak out at a hug.

I have not watched this show since season 1 and now it is just too late to catch up. I tried... but I don't understand half of them anymore.

So one of the Sister Wives doesn't want to be one anymore?

Is it fake like everyone says?

Is anyone trying to get pregnant or is? I always thought that is what the commercials talked about

I'm watching the latest episode now and I'm really happy they're doing one on the kids. I'm far more interested in that than the adults' business ventures. It's also nice to see that they actually trust their kids and let them make their own decisions about dating and lifestyle. Huge difference if you compare them to the Duggars who say they give their kids a choice but then freak out at a hug.

I watched most of it and was also glad to see the kids are so well adjusted. Perhaps had they stayed in Utah the kids would have been more inclined to follow the family example. But once they moved to Las Vegas and the kids began to mingle with other kids, there was no way they were not going to stretch their wings. I believe the Duggars are swimming against the tide in this regard, as well. Their kids are marrying and moving away. They will likely always be conservative Christians but I doubt they will all be clones of Jim Bob and/ or Michelle. That works only if everybody stays in one compound and never mingles with the outside world.

On another note, Kody, regarding your hair...buy some conditioner and use it.

I'm glad they are accepting their collage aged kids as young adults. Logan has just blossomed since moving away. It doesn't look like the collage kids are going on the "family vacation" next week.

I watched most of it and was also glad to see the kids are so well adjusted. Perhaps had they stayed in Utah the kids would have been more inclined to follow the family example. But once they moved to Las Vegas and the kids began to mingle with other kids, there was no way they were not going to stretch their wings. I believe the Duggars are swimming against the tide in this regard, as well. Their kids are marrying and moving away. They will likely always be conservative Christians but I doubt they will all be clones of Jim Bob and/ or Michelle. That works only if everybody stays in one compound and never mingles with the outside world.

We do have Joshie off the compound, mingling and towing the family line.

To me that's the only thing that gives the Brown a bit more edge: the way their kids are turning out. I still think Kody is an ego-maniac but at least, he is able to recognize his lifestyle isn't for everyone, and that it isn't for every of his kids either. I really like the episode about the kids, because it gave me hope.

About the Duggars and their kids choosing the same QF lifestyle... that's the thing with having so many children. You'd think fundies would think this through, but with so many children, one or two are bound to go astray. It's just simple probability.

It seems Janelle's brood is more likely to leave the lifestyle completely. I don't see Christine letting Aspyn have the autonomy of Logan & Madison to write their own rules regarding dating and religion.

Has this been explained on the show: why did the family rally to follow Robyn's dream of MSWC? Have any of the other wives had a dream the whole family got behind? Robyn has expressed concern that any outside interests, like college, takes away from the fulfillment of the dream, so are they taking turns?

Unless my eyes are deceiving me (entirely possible) it looks like Sister Wives did not make the top 100 list in terms of ratings for cable shows for Sunday. That is a mighty drop from previous episodes.

They were still in the top 100, but have had a serious drop in viewers of maybe one million or so.

We can give Kody and Kompany some credit for their children, I suppose... but have the Browns ever had to prove how accepting and open minded they are in regards to their children's choices? The big example that would concern me is polygamy. Although many of the children have expressed a desire to be in a monogamous relationship, and the parents claim to be ok with that, I think we will/would see that play out very differently.

Let's say Logan started seriously dating someone or got engaged and planned to be monogamous. We would see at least one dramatic scene between Logan and Kody, where Kody would ask if Logan 'has a spiritual inclination that more wives would be added to his family, because that is my spiritual inclination for you.' Even if Logan and spouse weren't interested, we'd see pressure put on them for years to add a wife. There's be jokes at the wedding, convos between Kody's harem and Logan's wife, a few tears from Sobyn about 'we don't understand why he doesn't want this blessing' 'our oldest child and he's already betrayed our way of life', etc. Just because the parents say they will let the children do XYZ doesn't mean it will actually happen, or that they will escape any guilt tripping.

I think most of the parents would be okay with the kids doing what they want--Kody seemed fine with his brother being monogamous and a different religion--but I agree about Christine. She's the one who was raised with the most brainwashing, I think, and all the fear--I remember her objecting to the kids hanging with a youth group from a different church because we're supposed to be instilling our faith.

Basically I have to say that as much as their parents are a train wreck, the older kids at least seem to be really well-grounded, even Mariah is acting more like a regular college kid and saying well, I'm not thinking about marriage now.

I can see Kody telling the boys that they should really think it through because no fair entering a monogamous marriage and then getting "the calling" (a la "Big Love") later.

I love to snark on the Browns but as parents --maybe except for Robyn's kids--I can't find too much to snark about.

• 2 weeks later...

So, last night's episode had the Brown's convoying to meet a biblical polygamist family. Kind of weird to barge into a family for many days you have never met and said family makes yours look ignorant and out of control (mostly Kody, albeit-esp. when he was embarrassing the other family's son with talk about his daughter "crushing" on him!). I liked how the other husband spoke of his wives getting along well. I don't know the Bible strong enough to site which verse states God okays plural marriage like the other family's wife number one stated; does anyone know if what she said is true? Also, does anyone know what age the second wife was when she "married" and how will they now be accepted (or not) since being on television? I hope they are prepared for whatever fallout happens from last night.

Aside from that-Robyn's super weird reaction to the snow/wind/cold when she came out of the RV makes me think she could have psychological issues (more than just the constant weeping and poor speaking skills). Besides Solomon, are her other children living with her still???

I would love to know what eventually happens to the family dynamic once Sister Wives is canceled. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the wives bails on the family (Janelle). I think it will be a hard fall for Kody and Company.

Robyn's kids live with her and visit their dad infrequently. On the show they will show her kid and it will say, "Robyn and Kody's daughter" instead of just her daughter.

Archived