IGNORED

Sister Wives is bbbaaaccckkk!!!1!

Justme

So I watched last night's episode and it was ok. Just family history. But it was nice to see each kid profiled. I wonder why Robyn's son Dayton/David has that one eye shut all the time. Any guesses? Also, the ending was dumb. Robyn was supposed to make an announcement at the end and then bailed. A weird cliffhanger for reality tv. Unless they plan to tell us next week during the "tell-all" :roll: Overall, a boring season finale.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I watched last night's episode and it was ok. Just family history. But it was nice to see each kid profiled. I wonder why Robyn's son Dayton/David has that one eye shut all the time. Any guesses? Also, the ending was dumb. Robyn was supposed to make an announcement at the end and then bailed. A weird cliffhanger for reality tv. Unless they plan to tell us next week during the "tell-all" :roll: Overall, a boring season finale.

David (he's called that at school) apparently injured his eye in an ATV accident.

I've never heard them say a name other than Dayton on the show. Did I miss that his real name is David?

I did wonder why his eye was shut, too. Thank you for the info. Why would you call a kid with a perfectly fine name as Dayton; "David"???

Robyn's kids live with her and visit their dad infrequently. On the show they will show her kid and it will say, "Robyn and Kody's daughter" instead of just her daughter.

Thank you for the info!

I did wonder why his eye was shut, too. Thank you for the info. Why would you call a kid with a perfectly fine name as Dayton; "David"???

His given name is David. That's his father's name. After the divorce when Robyn signed onto the Brown Family Grift Wagon, they started calling him Dayton instead. I guess to distance him from his father?

His given name is David. That's his father's name. After the divorce when Robyn signed onto the Brown Family Grift Wagon, they started calling him Dayton instead. I guess to distance him from his father?

They probably changed it so they wouldn't confuse their fans explaining to people why they had a David Jr but not a David Sr. At least it's something reasonable- I can just see Robyn wanting to change his name to Kody Jr. :twisted:

They probably changed it so they wouldn't confuse their fans explaining to people why they had a David Jr but not a David Sr. At least it's something reasonable- I can just see Robyn wanting to change his name to Kody Jr. :twisted:

I think Robyn is trying to erase all traces of her ex and is trying to make Kody their Dad instead of stepdad. It's sad, really, cause these kids have a Dad. It doesn't sound like he was an abuser or anything.

I think Robyn is trying to erase all traces of her ex and is trying to make Kody their Dad instead of stepdad. It's sad, really, cause these kids have a Dad. It doesn't sound like he was an abuser or anything.

Dayton is David Preston Jessop, Jr. I figured Dayton is a combo of 'Da' from David and 'ton' from Preston. And, as has been said already, "Dayton" distinguishes him from David, Sr. and distances him in name at least from the Jessop family, some of whom were followers, supporters, and protectors of Rulon and or Warren Jeffs.

Dayton is David Preston Jessop, Jr. I figured Dayton is a combo of 'Da' from David and 'ton' from Preston. And, as has been said already, "Dayton" distinguishes him from David, Sr. and distances him in name at least from the Jessop family, some of whom were followers, supporters, and protectors of Rulon and or Warren Jeffs.

Does anyone know if Robyn's first husband is related to those Jessop's???

Short answer, yes.

Robyn's ex, David Preston Jessop is the grandson of Joseph Lyman Jessop. Grandpa Joe had two brothers whose spawn brought the Jessop name into the national spotlight as part of Warren Jeffs group. The brothers were Richard Seth Jessop, and Fredrick Meade Jessop. Richard Seth Jessop was Father-In-Law to Carolyn Jessop who was forced to marry Richard's son Merril when she was 18 and he was 50. Carolyn wrote the well known book, "Escape" about her life in Warren Jeff's world.

Frederick Meade Jessop was Flora Jessop's stepfather and adopted grandfather. Flora wrote a big impact book about her experiences called, "Church of Lies". Flora and Carolyn were cousins by marriage and their respective escapes and books are the biggest reason the Jessop name is widely linked to Warren Jeff's FLDS.

Now somewhere in there I think the family of Robyn's ex left Warren Jeff's FLDS group and went with the Apostolic United Brethren the group the Brown's are affiliated with.... because... drum roll.... Robyn's ex and Christine Brown are cousins. :popcorn2:

Christine's grandfather was AUB's late murdered founder Rulon Clark Allred. He was shot by the wife and another female follower of Ervil Morrell LeBaron in 1977. (Christine was five years old.) LeBaron was a nut case who used the idea of "blood atonement" as an excuse to kill a lot of people including his own brother/prophet Joel and the leader of yet a different fundamentalist Mormon group. He killed over 25 people before dying of heart failure in 1981. :cray-cray: :sick:

Short answer, yes.

Robyn's ex, David Preston Jessop is the grandson of Joseph Lyman Jessop. Grandpa Joe had two brothers whose spawn brought the Jessop name into the national spotlight as part of Warren Jeffs group. The brothers were Richard Seth Jessop, and Fredrick Meade Jessop. Richard Seth Jessop was Father-In-Law to Carolyn Jessop who was forced to marry Richard's son Merril when she was 18 and he was 50. Carolyn wrote the well known book, "Escape" about her life in Warren Jeff's world.

Frederick Meade Jessop was Flora Jessop's stepfather and adopted grandfather. Flora wrote a big impact book about her experiences called, "Church of Lies". Flora and Carolyn were cousins by marriage and their respective escapes and books are the biggest reason the Jessop name is widely linked to Warren Jeff's FLDS.

Now somewhere in there I think the family of Robyn's ex left Warren Jeff's FLDS group and went with the Apostolic United Brethren the group the Brown's are affiliated with.... because... drum roll.... Robyn's ex and Christine Brown are cousins. :popcorn2:

Christine's grandfather was AUB's late murdered founder Rulon Clark Allred. He was shot by the wife and another female follower of Ervil Morrell LeBaron in 1977. (Christine was five years old.) LeBaron was a nut case who used the idea of "blood atonement" as an excuse to kill a lot of people including his own brother/prophet Joel and the leader of yet a different fundamentalist Mormon group. He killed over 25 people before dying of heart failure in 1981. :cray-cray: :sick:

What the actual fuck.

Thanks, Phoenix, I just love me some Mormon gossip...maybe because everyone is related to everyone else in such a complex way? I dunno, but I do love me some Mormon gossip...

I think Meri is also related to David Jessup and Christine, maybe cousins by marriage or 2nd cousins. A lot of the kids and Grandkids of "Merrill Jessop" were given similar names to him.

Also IIRC I've seen that whilst Jessop is most widely linked with FLDS its a very common Utah/Mormon name, not just in current polygamy circles. The only wife who isn't connected somehow by blood (at least in recent history) is Janelle who's family were mainline LDS but who's mother was married to Kody's dad shortly after Kody and Janelle married and who was once married to Meri's brother. :shock: :ew:

Wait, wait, wait, hold the boat...if Robyn and Christine are cousins, doesn't that mean that Solomon and Christine's kids are not only half-siblings, but also distantly related cousins??

Their family tree must look more like a family bush.

It is Roybn's ex who is cousins with Christine. However I read somewhere Kody is second cousins with Rulon C. Allred, so yes, Solomon would be a distant cousin with Christine's kids. So are Roybn's first three children by her ex David Preston Jessop, maybe a degree or two closer than Solomon.

As other posters have noted that the only Sister Wife who is not somehow distantly related to the others is Janelle since she came out of the mainstream Mormon church and converted to the polygamy version of the faith.

Polygamists tend to have big families but the gene pool isn't all that diverse. You can see similar things with the English nobility. Princess Diana was not directly related to Prince Charles but despite the hoopla about her being the first English bride of a Prince of Wales in hundreds of years the Spencers have been closely tied to the English royal family since William the Conqueror successfully invaded and took over in 1066. Diana's ancestor Robert Spencer came along with William for the fun and games and became the Steward of his court/household. The only amazing thing is it took them so many centuries to actually marry into the royal family. Camilla's great-grandmother, Alice Frederica Edmonstone Keppel was royal mistress to King Edward VII. With a limited pool of potential partners things tend to get tied pretty tight. :)

I didn't get why Christine stood up and left during last evening's Tell All episode. What was said that offended her? I didn't hear anything; but then there was talk about subjects that are off limits during an interview.

They really downplayed the importance of plural marriage in their religion. It's not just an optional part some are called to. They just don't want people to know its required for their celestial kingdom.

It is Roybn's ex who is cousins with Christine. However I read somewhere Kody is second cousins with Rulon C. Allred, so yes, Solomon would be a distant cousin with Christine's kids. So are Roybn's first three children by her ex David Preston Jessop, maybe a degree or two closer than Solomon.

As other posters have noted that the only Sister Wife who is not somehow distantly related to the others is Janelle since she came out of the mainstream Mormon church and converted to the polygamy version of the faith.

Polygamists tend to have big families but the gene pool isn't all that diverse. You can see similar things with the English nobility. Princess Diana was not directly related to Prince Charles but despite the hoopla about her being the first English bride of a Prince of Wales in hundreds of years the Spencers have been closely tied to the English royal family since William the Conqueror successfully invaded and took over in 1066. Diana's ancestor Robert Spencer came along with William for the fun and games and became the Steward of his court/household. The only amazing thing is it took them so many centuries to actually marry into the royal family. Camilla's great-grandmother, Alice Frederica Edmonstone Keppel was royal mistress to King Edward VII. With a limited pool of potential partners things tend to get tied pretty tight. :)

You do have to wonder how that will affect them down the road--maybe that's partially why they are going public--to attract "new blood?) It's taken 200 years, but the Amish, who are all descended from the same 200 families, have staggering amounts of birth defects, from a high rate of mental retardation to some obscure, and horrible, diseases that medicine doesn't even know what they are or what to do about them.

Yeah, look at the English royal family (and the effect all of Europe's royal families being descended from Queen Victoria had on 20th century history). Not the brightest bulbs so no wonder they've eased up on marrying commoners.

The Browns seem on their way--Robyn's kids with her first husband are "siblings" to their second cousins; If Janelle's mother had been younger Janelle could have had siblings who were also siblings to her husband, who is also her stepbrother...

There is an insane amount of inbreeding in both my husband's family and my BIL's family, and I suspect we have some degree of it as well, so I can't snark too much on that.

Yes, as I mentioned on another thread, we do genetic testing.

Archived