IGNORED

Sister Wives is bbbaaaccckkk!!!1!

Justme

Episode 1 (of this season) 4 mother in laws and Kody's mom come for Mother's Day. They are still whining about trying to become one happy family. Guess the McMansions aren't doing the trick. (Sidebar- if you can't figure it out by now, it ain't gonna happen!)

They finally sit down to try and figure out how to pay for 17 (and counting 'cause ya know Robyn is going to want her 6 kids) collages. Logan and the other girl who will be starting collage in the fall schools are around the 7k per year range. Mirah's (sp?) is over 26k. Kody refuses to allow his kids to take out loans. The adults call her in and ask if she will consider another school and why it's so important to her. The waterworks start and she chokes out that she needs to be around other polygamist people cause she wants to marry a polygamist family and that's the only way she can. Boohoo, more tears and Robyn says they will figure out a way. Kody has the balls to ask meri to reduce her budget since she has no more kids at home. Ya'll know how that went down!!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, how much can one collage cost? Print some photos, a few pieces of paper, some tape, and voila!

Meri is still selfish (shocker). Her daughter wants to go to a school that is 28,000/year (and I understand the kid wants to move back to utah to be with her community) and meri doesn't even want to contribute a bigger part of her budget toward it.

Meanwhile the other wives have 6, 6, and 4 kids. Although I guess Meri will have to contribute to the other 16 kids' educations....

Anyhow, it was less boring than previous episodes and I liked all the mothers in law who visited.

Up ahead this season: the wives take a girls trip to San Francisco, Mariah graduates and meri throws a tantrum. They plan their recommitment ceremony. No talk of more babies.

They also did Mother's Day things... so with the 4 sister wives and each of their mothers (plus potentially those women's sister wives), they say there's a big "female influence" on the family... no duh, if you're only allowed to include multiple female partners for just one male partner. Anyway, Kody and the kids cook a big breakfast for the moms (which actually looked good with waffles and fruit), and Kody later went out with the mothers-in-law to pick out his gifts for the sister wives. He picks out one sign that says "I kiss better than I cook" and then insists that it in no way implies anyone's cooking is bad. I know it's in jest, but considering the constant competition among the wives, probably not the best idea.

Also, they wait until one kid is in college and another is in senior year to /start/ considering schooling costs for all 17,000 children? I know parents aren't obligated to pay for any of a child's university costs, but they seem utterly blindsided by the idea altogether. Hate to see (well, maybe I'd like to hate-watch) when the bills for their houses eventually come up.

I watched this train-wreck last night and am amused (and saddened) by the fact that this bunch (and the Duggars) don't really seem to be able to realistically deal with the great number of children they have once those children near adulthood. It may be cute when the kids are small but in Kody's case, he has potentially 17 college educations to deal with. JimBob's problem is the opposite since properly educating his children is not a priority for him so he may end up with a lot of adult children living with him.

I also noticed that everybody, including the mothers-in-law, seem to be unhappy or stressed. How is that supposed to make polygamy appealing?

Both Mariah and Aspyn (what's with the funky spellings?) are going to college this year, so now it's 3 tuitions. Is Meri working? Maybe she could, I don't know, get a job to pay for some of Mariah's tuition? This episode did not make me like any of the adults better. I did appreciate Janelle saying that although she was part of the team, she liked being separate. And no, she didn't appear to have lost more weight, at least to me. So, they've built their houses and now they have mortgages, but none of the income from the show goes to their eleventy billion kids' college tuition? Really?

They didn't talk about My Sister Wife's Closet at all, or anything that had to do with jobs. I believe Janelle and Christine do real estate. Robyn takes care of kids and Meri sits at home polishing her wet bar with her tears.

Christine noted at the end of last season that she wouldn't be working in Real Estate after all. She didn't like the fact she had to work on weekends. :shock:

They didn't talk about My Sister Wife's Closet at all, or anything that had to do with jobs. I believe Janelle and Christine do real estate. Robyn takes care of kids and Meri sits at home polishing her wet bar with her tears.

Watching the tuition talk made me angry. Meri weeps her selfish tears, Mariah sobs about church, Robyn laments and tries to make peace. 28k in tuition PLUS Meri won't send Mariah to school without a car.

I have to agree with the previous posts here...no one planned, even a little bit, for the possibility of college?

Also, what is so wrong with doing your first two years of general ed at a community college and then transferring? Lots of kids don't even know what they really want to do until they've experienced some things and it saves a ton of money.

Really, how much can one collage cost? Print some photos, a few pieces of paper, some tape, and voila!

Y'all, it's spelled Walla. You're welcome.

Watching the tuition talk made me angry. Meri weeps her selfish tears, Mariah sobs about church, Robyn laments and tries to make peace. 28k in tuition PLUS Meri won't send Mariah to school without a car.

I have to agree with the previous posts here...no one planned, even a little bit, for the possibility of college?

TLC or one of the local colleges were supposed to step up in a grand publicity stunt and offer them all scholarships. That was plan A I suppose... on to plan B... whine on TV!

I noticed that Kody said that if he died, he wants the family to remain together. How is that supposed to work? Are they supposed to all remain widows? Are they all supposed to find another man to "marry"? Also, since Meri is his only legal wife, if he dies, wouldn't she get Social Security survivor benefits as his legal widow? Think she would share with the other sister wives? I hope Kodi has an ironclad will so that all the women are taken care of if he passes.

Mariah could go to the University of Utah. It's also in SLC but it's a state school.

She would have to pay out of state tuition, though, as she's a resident of Nevada.

This season was filmed just a few months after the last. The prior season ended around Christmas when they were moving into the houses. This one started around Mothers Day, which is in May.

I would think with so many kids, they'd qualify for quite a bit of financial aid.

Not Mariah. Only child of her parents.

Y'all, it's spelled Walla. You're welcome.

I was so going to put Walla because it would have been very funny, but I knew at least five people wouldn't get the joke.

Also, what is so wrong with doing your first two years of general ed at a community college and then transferring? Lots of kids don't even know what they really want to do until they've experienced some things and it saves a ton of money.

Hell, lots of grown folks do it simply for the money aspect. I'm about to start my last semester at a CC before transferring to a state university this summer. Too much whining on this show and I'm with those who can't believe they didn't realize college would be an issue with so many kids to consider.

This season was filmed just a few months after the last. The prior season ended around Christmas when they were moving into the houses. This one started around Mothers Day, which is in May.

I would think with so many kids, they'd qualify for quite a bit of financial aid.

Whinah Mariah is an only child in the eyes of FAFSA. Did you get a load of Meri when the Codester said SHE could contribute more!? To try to put something together in MAY of senior year is laughable and moronic.

Christine is sooooo over all of this.

Archived