IGNORED

Sister Wives is bbbaaaccckkk!!!1!

Justme

I think it's very telling and strange that only Christine's kids were taking care of Truely. Why not the sister wives? How are they other mothers if they aren't mothering those kids? Robyn was the only one who seemed concerned. Christine did say she couldn't have gotten through it without the other wives so I guess they must have pitched it with the other kids while she was at the hospital. I wonder if they even visited her?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, the most recent episode made me stabby. I posted this on another message board and I thought about rephrasing it for here, but that would be giving these assholes way too much of my time. So here are my thoughts on the matter, previously posted on Cynical Jinx's site:

Seriously disgusted. The wives go off to San Fran and Kody pawns off his ill child on her teenage sisters. He wasn't taking care of her AT ALL. Then, the four "moms" come back and NOT ONE of them notices that Truely isn't using the bathroom. An ill toddler SHOULD NOT be pawned off on inexperienced teenagers, no matter how much babysitting experience they have. Sadly, those same teenagers were the only ones who seemed worried at all, the adults were all "whatevs". Then when Christine takes Truely to the emergency room she TEXTS??????? I think every reader here would agree, if you are on the way to the emergency room, you would CALL AND SPEAK to your husband. Why text? I think the text is a huge red flag that this is not a functional family at all and Christine was afraid of "interrupting" Kody while he car shopped and threw a party for the favored child (Mariah). Really, the rest of these "wives" are nothing but concubines. Then, to top it all off, Meri has the gall to say that she had "fun" on the trip to drop Mariah off at college? WTF??? Your "bonus daughter" was at death's door, Mariah's SISTER and you two had FUN??? How about, "gee we were sick the whole drive to Utah, worrying about poor Truely. We didn't want to leave during Truely's crisis but Mariah had to get there for the first day of class." Nope, instead, they had "fun" and were bummed that the child of Kody's concubine ruined their plans. SO OVER THESE PEOPLE.

TLC may not have filmed her in the hospital but Christine (and others) took/posted plenty of pictures on Twitter so I'm not sure we should give the family any credit for respecting Truely's privacy

Then came Janelle. I don't even know why Janelle consented to this farce. She wasn't raised in polygamy. Did she really love Kody so much she would put up with anything, like Meri would? Did she only want a sperm donor? I don't think so, because while Meri might have thought she could handle another wife, I think she found she couldn't do it. Meri made Janelle miserable to the point where Janelle left the 'family'. But why did Janelle return? She'd proved she could live on her own. She put herself through college, bought a house, and successfully raised her kids as a single parent. But when Kody decided to build the compound, Janelle moved right in, and then she was working to support not only herself and her kids, but contributing to the support of everyone else as well.

Thank you for the run down Flossie. How long was Janelle out of the family?

Seriously disgusted. The wives go off to San Fran and Kody pawns off his ill child on her teenage sisters. He wasn't taking care of her AT ALL. Then, the four "moms" come back and NOT ONE of them notices that Truely isn't using the bathroom. An ill toddler SHOULD NOT be pawned off on inexperienced teenagers, no matter how much babysitting experience they have.

Completely agree. Truely is still a baby - Christine didn't notice that she wasn't regularly drinking or peeing? Watching the episode, it definitely seemed that Truely's parents (there are...FIVE of them, right?) could've intervened before she got SO sick.

I laughed out loud when Janelle essentially said in a talking head that she was surprised Christine didn't fall apart when Truely was hospitalized. Meri, Janelle, and Robyn did seem rather blase about the whole "crisis," however.

This show is just another one with a dysfunctional family. None of these people are even slightly interesting to me and I haven't watched an episode since the housing "crisis" when Meri couldn't get in her home when everyone else did. Tired of the manufactured drama and narcissism.

Let's face it, Janelle's only there due to self esteem issues (which is BS because she's a great looking woman, even with a bit of extra weight; she's super smart; and she seems pretty easygoing as well). Christine's only there because she's so indoctrinated in the faith. I think both of them are emotionally exhausted by being treated as second-class wives and I'm surprised they manage any emotional reactions at all.

Just watched the latest episode and am wondering if Social Services was alerted. Allowing a child to dehydrate like that for so long that she risked losing her kidneys? Our hospital would have been on that like tick on dog. I don't blame those poor teenagers but come on adults!!!!

I saw on twitter all of the wives talking about visiting Truely while she was in the hospital. Robyn defended them and said that not only did they all visit, but also added that Truely saw the pediatrician 3 times before he said it was serious enough to go to the ER. While I get that we (the viewers) don't get to see it all, I still wonder how that poor child got so sick. Seems like Christine and the doc should've realized how bad it was getting if she wasn't peeing or drinking. Who really knows, though. I still think Truely has always looked a little "off" and kind of weak looking. I wonder if there is an underlying condition that contributed to her getting so ill.

And Kody dumping Truely off on her sisters? Wow. No surprise there, I guess. Good thing he has teens that are caring. Seems like she is more comfortable with Aspyn and Mykelti than Kody.

I saw on twitter all of the wives talking about visiting Truely while she was in the hospital. Robyn defended them and said that not only did they all visit, but also added that Truely saw the pediatrician 3 times before he said it was serious enough to go to the ER. While I get that we (the viewers) don't get to see it all, I still wonder how that poor child got so sick. Seems like Christine and the doc should've realized how bad it was getting if she wasn't peeing or drinking. Who really knows, though. I still think Truely has always looked a little "off" and kind of weak looking. I wonder if there is an underlying condition that contributed to her getting so ill.

And Kody dumping Truely off on her sisters? Wow. No surprise there, I guess. Good thing he has teens that are caring. Seems like she is more comfortable with Aspyn and Mykelti than Kody.

She sees them more often.

About Truely's hair... Some kids simply don't grow a lot of hair. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with them; their hair just grows slowly, lightly colored, and fine. My cousin had hair like that, as did all three of her children. There is nothing wrong with any if them. In fact, seeing toddlers with lots of hair is strange to me now. Truely may appear ill to others bc they are used to seeing children with more hair. If we looked at baby pictures of Christine or her other children, I would not be surprised to see a bunch of 'bald' toddlers.

About Truely's hair... Some kids simply don't grow a lot of hair. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with them; their hair just grows slowly, lightly colored, and fine. My cousin had hair like that, as did all three of her children. There is nothing wrong with any if them. In fact, seeing toddlers with lots of hair is strange to me now. Truely may appear ill to others bc they are used to seeing children with more hair. If we looked at baby pictures of Christine or her other children, I would not be surprised to see a bunch of 'bald' toddlers.

My sister was nearly bald until she was 6 or 7 but she was always quite robust in appearance. (poor kid asked my mother if she could wear a wig in the first grade). Truely has always looked frail and sickly. Granted, she's fair and could just be delicately built, but it may not be a coincidence that she is the child who ended up in a life-threatening situation.

I find it so hard to wrap my mind around the fact that no one noticed she wasn't drinking and she was so lethargic. They also mentioned she had a really high fever. Didn't anyone notice. I'm really laying this on Kody, it's not the kids job to know these things. If my kid was laid out like that and not drinking off to the doc we go. I'm not sure the time frame, but dehydration can happen fast. Kody is a dumbass. He really has no damn clue about raising kids. JMHO

Ok, the most recent episode made me stabby. I posted this on another message board and I thought about rephrasing it for here, but that would be giving these assholes way too much of my time. So here are my thoughts on the matter, previously posted on Cynical Jinx's site:

Seriously disgusted. The wives go off to San Fran and Kody pawns off his ill child on her teenage sisters. He wasn't taking care of her AT ALL. Then, the four "moms" come back and NOT ONE of them notices that Truely isn't using the bathroom. An ill toddler SHOULD NOT be pawned off on inexperienced teenagers, no matter how much babysitting experience they have. Sadly, those same teenagers were the only ones who seemed worried at all, the adults were all "whatevs". Then when Christine takes Truely to the emergency room she TEXTS??????? I think every reader here would agree, if you are on the way to the emergency room, you would CALL AND SPEAK to your husband. Why text? I think the text is a huge red flag that this is not a functional family at all and Christine was afraid of "interrupting" Kody while he car shopped and threw a party for the favored child (Mariah). Really, the rest of these "wives" are nothing but concubines. Then, to top it all off, Meri has the gall to say that she had "fun" on the trip to drop Mariah off at college? WTF??? Your "bonus daughter" was at death's door, Mariah's SISTER and you two had FUN??? How about, "gee we were sick the whole drive to Utah, worrying about poor Truely. We didn't want to leave during Truely's crisis but Mariah had to get there for the first day of class." Nope, instead, they had "fun" and were bummed that the child of Kody's concubine ruined their plans. SO OVER THESE PEOPLE.

Meri also seemed to take it personally that Truly was sick, like that little girl planned to put a damper on Mariah's party. Meri is really starting to piss me off. Not everything is about her.

as for Christine texting. WTF. My husband would have not gone car shopping and gone with me to the doc, if he was at work, I'd have moved heaven and earth to get him on the phone.

Not to defend them, but kids, especially ones as young as Truely or younger can go from fine with watchful waiting to very sick very, very quickly. In a matter of hours, in fact. Truely is a little peanut, so dehydration may have a more significant effect on her than it does in a child with a little more body mass/blood and fluid content to start with. My oldest had the stomach flu when she was about 15 mo old. She ended up needing to go the ER to get IV fluids because of the dehydration. That happened in the course of a day. It wasn't from a lack of me trying to get her to consume anything. Pardon the pun, but trying to force feed a toddler is like leading a horse to water and trying to make them drink! She was also a nice, plump, healthy appearing child to start with. Thankfully, it didn't progress to kidney failure, but it very well could have. Young kids and dehydration are a volatile combination.

That being said, most of the adults, the sister wives especially, seemed pretty unconcerned with the exception of Robyn, which surprised me. She looked very concerned when she went to wake Kody and tell him Truely was on the way to the ER. My heart went out to Aspyn. She was so worried and upset.

I used to like Meri, but I have to agree with you on all points! Meri needs to get over herself... and grow the F*** up.

I thought it was interesting in the last episode how Cody's two "non-religious guy friends" were saying "My wife and I are equal, but I make all the decisions" and questioning how Cody can be a man if he's surrounded by women. Cody responds that he doesn't have to prove what a leader he is (woo-hoo) because he just leads by telling the wives how it's going to be (um, what?). Other than for religious reasons, I cannot fathom how somebody would want to live this way. It also seemed like Cody's friend had re-evaluated all the tenants of his religion but chose to keep all the patriarchy. Wonder why (sarcasm).

Since we've already specified teh difference between collage and college, I just learned in my last religion class that it is tenet not tenant. :penguin-no:

I haven't watched the episode (no cable!) but I read the recap. I just can't get over the fact they're spending money like there's no tomorrow. And a new car for Mariah? Hope all the other kids got cars to go off to college too.

75352_559827530711627_600676038_n.jpg

I know people are saying Truely looks sickly to begin with, but I think she looks just like Aspyn did at her age.

I'm not sure which one Aspyn is, but they all look sturdier than Miss Truely Scrumptious.

Hunter hasn't changed a bit since infancy.

Over on TWoP posters are talking about how Christine has been giving Truley that green goo (Liv?) since she was one to make her regular. Seems pretty young to be giving her magic elixir.

Archived