IGNORED

Sister Wives is bbbaaaccckkk!!!1!

Justme

TLC does not have any standards. It is the freak show channel.

I keep meaning to watch Sex sent me to the ER, but I keep forgetting about it. It sounds just awesome.

I like super trashy weird stuff.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping the topic as someone requested and the show was back last night.

Kody's hair! Pick a style and don't make so much of an episode about his hair. Shave it off even.

The stupid joory business. Let it go. That is a hobby business for sure and someone needs to tell Robyn the dream is done. You tried and it didn't go anywhere it's time to move on.

How many times did Kody say or TLC repeat what a busy time it was? As if they had anything else to do except celebrate the birthdays and anniversary.

Good for Meri wanting to go back to college to finish her degree! She want to work with at-risk kids. (What she did before the show.)

Once again, Robyn proves what a stupid little twit she is. She is so upset that Meri might not have enough time to "help" with the jewelry business. *She* wants another baby and is afraid the jewelry business will take to much of her time w/out Meri. :angry-banghead:

Apparently, the Browns think its awesome to copy the Duggars/Bateses with the no kissing/handholding standards. Really? I saw one of the boys (prior to Cody and Meri talking in the closet with the couple)roll his eyes and sort of smirk. I took that as meaning, he and maybe others have been kissing, holding hands and who knows what else :o Do you think the Browns watch the Duggars to get these bright ideas?

Bumping the topic as someone requested and the show was back last night.

Kody's hair! Pick a style and don't make so much of an episode about his hair. Shave it off even.

The stupid joory business. Let it go. That is a hobby business for sure and someone needs to tell Robyn the dream is done. You tried and it didn't go anywhere it's time to move on.

How many times did Kody say or TLC repeat what a busy time it was? As if they had anything else to do except celebrate the birthdays and anniversary.

It sure seems like they are struggling for stuff to tape and make a show out of.

Kody's hair. OMG seriously :wtf:

I'm glad Meri is going back to school. Maybe she can make a break for it. Robyn totally needs to get over this jewelry thing. No one wants to do it, I suspect Kody has forced them to even appear interested in it

The meeting with their dear friend, the venture capitalist, was an EPIC FAIL! Who goes into a meeting with investors with no biz plan, no projections, no credibility, and absolutely no freaking clue? The guys make graduates of the SOTDRT look good.

A poster awhile back said her nephew went to high school with the Brown kids and that they date, hold hands, kiss etc at school. So while it seems Kody is serious about the kids having strict rules, it doesn't seem to be enforced. I think his daughter handled that conversation well too. I would've been so mad at my dad if I were her since it was all so ridiculous. His kids just seem to nod and smile at him and then get on with their lives

Mariah made me laugh saying that with those standards they could have sex as long as there was no kissing. I do think that even if the parents discourage kissing, they really do let their kids make their own choices (within reason). The Duggars say it's up to the kids to decide what's off-limits or not in their courtship but you know they don't really mean it.

Kudos to Meri for wanting to go back to school. Why does Robyn depend on her so much? It's not like she works outside of the home.

Kissing makes hormones go in your mouth? WTF? These people are Duggar crazy. I'm surprised Boob hasn't come up with that gem.

Kudos to Meri for wanting to go back to school. Why does Robyn depends on her so much? It's not like she works outside of the home.

I think Meri is the only wife that likes Robyn. It was her idea to add Robyn to the family. I don't get the impression that Jenelle or Christine like her

Jeanelle is starting to look great! I know from pictures she continues to get better, but kudos to her for the whole fitness thing!

I lost it when Kody said that when you kiss someone you get their hormones in your mouth and then you automatically fall in love with them. It's biology.

Unlike the Duggars/Bates, I really like the kids, especially the older ones. They have their own personalities and are generally engaging and rather free-thinking.

I didn't watch but I am glad to read that Janelle is looking good and that in real time she looks even better. I'm rooting for her to attain whatever goal she has set for herself.

I caught a little bit of "The Talk". Just wow. Hysterical though that Kody and Christine were saying that the kids have come to agree with them, but the kids were like, yeah no and rolling their eyes. The boyfriend wasn't having it either. I don't know how he kept a straight face during the whole thing.

Hormones in your mouth. :doh:

Robyn was so over the top! She says she had a hard time not walking out the door because Meri wanted to go to college? Excuse me? Meri isn't your babysitter. Robyn really acts like she's in charge. Like Meri is supposed to run the jewelry business that is Robyn's dream not meri's and she's supposed to help with the kids too? So Robyn can have more? But she's already so "overwhelmed!" I can't take it. She doesn't even work. It's insane. I'd tell her off right quick.

Robyn is the most entitled of the bunch. She expects everyone else to look out for her and her kids.

I liked Mariah's answer to the "no kissing" rule. I think going off to University has been good for her.

Meri does not owe Robyn anything. She wants to get her College degree. The "Great Move" put it off and her only child is off to Uni. It is the perfect time for Meri to go back to college, since the TLC bucks are coming in.

Nice to see the kids again. Interesting seeing the middlings in the Couch Talks.

Sister Wives Closet is not a viable business. I'd love them to go on Dragon's Den (Shark Tank) and have Kevin O'Leary piss all over their dream and their total lack of a business plan or concept.

I liked Mariah's answer to the "no kissing" rule. I think going off to University has been good for her.

Meri does not owe Robyn anything. She wants to get her College degree. The "Great Move" put it off and her only child is off to Uni. It is the perfect time for Meri to go back to college, since the TLC bucks are coming in.

Nice to see the kids again. Interesting seeing the middlings in the Couch Talks.

Sister Wives Closet is not a viable business. I'd love them to go on Dragon's Den (Shark Tank) and have Kevin O'Leary piss all over their dream and their total lack of a business plan or concept.

Starting to watch.

I look at Sister Wives Closet all the time and I can't EVER imagine buying any of that ever in my entire life and certainly not at those prices. Christ.

So, at the beginning both Christine and Janelle come right out and say they don't want to do Sister Wives Closet. Robyn insists its not for her, but for the whole family--she is devoting herself to this to help the family. )By the next season she seems to have convinced herself that this is the family business that they all have agreed upon, and some people just aren't keeping up their end.)

So Christine sort of decides to be a good sport and Janelle actually commits herself to doing some work (she says designing fitness clothes for larger women, but it seems she mostly does the financial stuff.)

The big debut of Sister Wives closet at the fair (?) was a bust. Nobody wants to buy expensive ugly jewelry. Even after being told that that particular design means something very special to one wife in the family that it was designed for.

At every family meeting Robyn continues to whine that the family isn't committed to the venture that is the only thing that can keep the family afloat.

They go to seek investors and the guy tells them that with what they've got his investors would chew them up and spit them out.

Kody calls this a "reality check" but that doesn't seem to have sunk in as he and Robyn still seem to think they can make a go of it.

Meri decides to go back to school, and Robyn sees that as a total betrayal of her "commitment" to the family business that has no customers and investors sneer at.

So she tells Kody that she just can't have another baby unless he gets the other wives in line.

I'm conflicted--what will Kody do? Need to have another kid with Robyn so badly that he will start harassing the other wives, or tell Robyn that she's on her own and he of course can have other kids (like he told Meri--except that with Sobyn it's with the implication another wife could be in the works), but what she wants to do is up to her?

Hormones in your mouth? SCIENCE backs him up? I just can't.

I cannot believe they said they wanted to go brick and mortar. How is that even in the foreseeable future for this business?

This set of rings confuses me a lot and looks like snakes also: mysisterwifescloset.com/shop/forever-friends-sisterwifestrong-woman-rings-and-engraved-bands-sets/

And OH GOD THE WATCHES.

And big shocker here, they sell Van Lady Love music on that site now. And a single workout video.

:wtf:

I just don't understand why they think anyone would want to buy versions of pieces designed for individual wives. Do they really have such hardcore fans?

Jewelry is the stupidest thing they could have gotten into. If they want a brand, they should use their big family to appeal to other families. Like, big casserole dishes and stuff. Sisterwives Soup Pots. I don't think a clothing line would work because they aren't very stylish :)

I think that Meri's college announcements show that they are not acting as a real family, but as 4 separate entities instead. How many adults with 17 kids in the family just announce that they are going back to college, instead of having a discussion with the other spouses first, regarding how to finance it, etc.? The other moms are worried about paying for the cost of college for the kids, supporting a family business, etc., but Meri just announces her plans. Of course I think that going back to school is wonderful and that their jewelry business is nothing more than a big drain and a storyline for their show, but it does show a lack of concern for the rest of the family - their polygamist marriage seems more like separate families - I don't see much real community in it.

As for the jewelry business - they can pay the older kids to do some of the basic work for the business, such as shipping, etc., which would free up Sobyn to have her baby and focus on the mgt aspects of the business. And Sobyn needs to face facts and realize that she is the only wife who really wanted it, so she needs to take the responsibility for it, instead of expecting the others to do the work for her. If they really want to grow the business, they should consider hiring an industry consultant to review it - to determine if it's really even viable in the long run, how to market it better (instead of just appealing to hardcore fans and other polygamist families), the best pricing points, their competitors, and so on - as someone mentioned earlier, Shark Tank would eat them alive, but understandably so - they don't seem to even understand their own finances, much less the industry.

I think Meri going back to school is a great idea. I wish they would have done that story line earlier rather than baby/no baby. From what I remember of the first season, she had a job she loved, but was fired after the show started. Everyone loves to hate on Meri, but if I had a job I loved and then lost it over the family's public show, I'd be a little bitter and depressed, too. That's a huge sacrifice.

UNLV is less than $200 per credit hour, in state, so it's not horribly expensive. And, really, if it leads to a skill that can bring some income in to the family and give her an identity beyond not-so-blessed mom of one, it seems like a good idea.

Has a new pregnancy for Robyn been confirmed? Only a baby will sustain her Favorite Wife status. I think it's great Meri wants to return to school. I'm doing the same when my own starts college this fall. I suspect Meri may see the writing on the wall. She's needs a degree, and there's no viable future in being Wife #1. What the heck does Kody DO all day? What's in the backpack his runs from house-to-house? Is Janelle pursuing real estate full time? What about Christine? I feel she's the Lost Wife in this hot mess off a family.

Archived