IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

Names are easily recycled. I always think of virtue names as asking for trouble anyway. Faith will grow up to he a sceptic, Hope will grow up to be a cynic, and Charity will be a miser.

Where does that leave poor Chastity?

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask Chas Bono -- he can tell you how much he appreciated being named that! (I love him, BTW, and remember watching Sonny & Cher when I was a kid and thinking what a dumb name that was for her).

Ask Chas Bono -- he can tell you how much he appreciated being named that! (I love him, BTW, and remember watching Sonny & Cher when I was a kid and thinking what a dumb name that was for her).

I remember watching that show. Every time they brought that poor kid onstage with them she looked miserable. Even though she was very young, I now wonder if she hated having her girly hair and the fancy dresses they always had her dressed in. That could account for her never smiling.

Doug and family are definitely moving from their current location. He has posted a clip on his instagram stating it was Virginia's last teaparty with certain friends in that area. onehappywoman (beall) commented saying she has mixed feelings

Doug and family are definitely moving from their current location. He has posted a clip on his instagram stating it was Virginia's last teaparty with certain friends in that area. onehappywoman (beall) commented saying she has mixed feelings

At spiritualsoundingboard.com, a participant known as Woman4Freedom claims to live on the same cul de sac as the Philips mansion-of-record, and she's been pretty happily updating on progress in the family's moving out. She's had some interesting stories about women visitors to the house when Beall is away, about Doug flipping her (Woman4Freedom) the bird when he sees her, and about how relieved she and other neighbors will be when the whole Phillips shebang is outta there.

At spiritualsoundingboard.com, a participant known as Woman4Freedom claims to live on the same cul de sac as the Philips mansion-of-record, and she's been pretty happily updating on progress in the family's moving out. She's had some interesting stories about women visitors to the house when Beall is away, about Doug flipping her (Woman4Freedom) the bird when he sees her, and about how relieved she and other neighbors will be when the whole Phillips shebang is outta there.

I have read the spiritualsoundingboard.com posts and if the family was supposed to be out by Dec. 31, they seem to be taking their time.

I am really curious where Dougie and fam are headed next.

Another reason not to trust Jen's Gems and T W Eston: spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/01/07/a-warning-to-commenters-be-aware-of-potential-blog-ownermoderator-intrusiveness/

Whoa. I have commented on her site but never got a follow up. Of course, I think that it is pretty obvious that I don't have inside information about Vision Forum.

With regard to ScottT Brown's 9 ways to discipline an elder, and his own rather shameful experience of being an elder in need of discipline, the story is at ephesians511.wordpress.com/

There are a lot of crappy ways people in leadership can treat those who've elected them or acquiesced to their presence as leaders, but to attempt to change a church against the majority of the members' wishes is one of the crappiest.

I'll be suspicious of Scott Brown 'til I draw my last breath.

I'll just bet she does. That has to be the understatement of the month... :evil-eye:

Well, Nolan Manteufel has a new post up attacking Scott Brown and I still can't figure out his POV. Does he hate BOTH Doug and Scott, or is he trying to defend Doug against Scott and the Bradricks?

So its very unlikely that Beall is divorcing his toolish ass, seeing as they are still talking on Instagram. Shame, cause Doug doesn't deserve to see another vagina for the rest of his life.

Are you sure? Isn't it much more likely he's named after Puritan Oliver Cromwell?

Pretty sure… The Reformation 500 was the summer of 2009 and Thomas Cromwell would have been featured as a leader of the English Reformation. Loyal was born in January of 2010. I do think it's very likely that his name is a nod to both men. I find it strange that Peter never explained his reasons for the name since he did so in detail with several of the others.

Well, Nolan Manteufel has a new post up attacking Scott Brown and I still can't figure out his POV. Does he hate BOTH Doug and Scott, or is he trying to defend Doug against Scott and the Bradricks?

*Think* he hates both Doug & Scott but is challenging Scott to prove that he's not a lying hypocrite AND is mad at Bradrick! for not doing something sooner about stopping Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

Pretty sure… The Reformation 500 was the summer of 2009 and Thomas Cromwell would have been featured as a leader of the English Reformation. Loyal was born in January of 2010. I do think it's very likely that his name is a nod to both men. I find it strange that Peter never explained his reasons for the name since he did so in detail with several of the others.

The Dutch Reformed folks I know are in love with Oliver Cromwell. Growing up in an environment that glorified everything about the reformation, I was shocked when I first learned Tommy Cromy is generally not considered the nicest guy. So definitely could be both.

I remember watching that show. Every time they brought that poor kid onstage with them she looked miserable. Even though she was very young, I now wonder if she hated having her girly hair and the fancy dresses they always had her dressed in. That could account for her never smiling.

I just watched "Becoming Chaz," a documentary on his reassignment surgery, and he said yes, he always hated it. He hated being on camera in the first place, and he really hated the girly dresses.

I was honestly surprised that Cher wasn't supportive of him. I mean... Cher. Men dress up as her. But she kept referring to him as "her," and didn't want to see him after surgery because she didn't think she could take it.

Finally. Among the Bible quotes and one-liners about sin in high places Nolan just blurted out something that makes sense to me:

Nolan Manteufel There needs to be a separation between church and business.

Nolan Manteufel Why? Because the gospel can't be sold. It's too simple. So they de-emphasize it and focus on peripheral teachings.

What I think he means is that both Doug and Scott have confused money-making business with being non-profit Pastors to their flocks. So they aren't preaching the gospel properly. This seems to have struck him like a bolt of lightening in the last week and he is very upset. And angry.

I think. :shrug:

Another reason not to trust Jen's Gems and T W Eston: spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/01/07/a-warning-to-commenters-be-aware-of-potential-blog-ownermoderator-intrusiveness/

Oh, for the love of Dog, Jen and TW Eston are having epic melt-downs on SSB! :cracking-up:

I'm on Julie Anne's team for this one and she is holding her own.

In other news, a poster there thinks that TW is Don Veinot. Could well be.

:popcorn2: :popcorn2:

Eston's latest comment on SSB is full of bullying:

T.W. Eston

JANUARY 8, 2014 @ 1:20 PM

I’d really like to drop this. Really I would. I have more I could say of Julie Anne’s less than forthright tactics than I have, including responding with evidence of another significant breach of confidentiality she committed against me that flies in the face of “protecting victims†and maintaining confidences. I can also easily refute a comment she made above by demanding that she furnish the evidence (of which she has none), but I’ve chosen to pass that over instead for the sake of pursuing a higher goal. For the sake of pursuing peace I’d rather not have to go there.

However if comments like the one preceding keep popping up in defense of Julie Anne (and might I add the defenses so far have been pretty lame) I may have no other choice but to do disclose more. Feel free to continue commenting in Julie Anne’s defense, but I can promise you it won’t go in her favor.

I’ve extended the hand of Christian fellowship and Jen has too. We’re willing to forgive and move on. I’d like to suggest everyone else do the same. But of course I’m only just another commenter here, so it’s entirely in Julie Anne’s hands where we go from here.

So Eston is throwing a temper tantrum about SSB lady telling everyone that T.W. Eston was a pseudonym? Did he really think that everyone thought his real name was T.W. Eston? What a jackass.

Eta--I SO wish Eston would come over here to play. I'd love to see what some of y'all do to him when he starts making threats, mansplaining, and basically bossing everyone around like he does on Jen's blog.

Like so many bullying asshats, TW Eston gets all whiny when he is challenged.

Did I mention how much I dislike TW. :lol:

Perry Coghlan III played Oliver Cromwell at the Reformation 500 event. His son Parker Cromwell Coghlan is named after Oliver Cromwell.

I am pretty sure Thomas Cromwell was not featured at the Reformation 500 event, although I could be wrong.

Guess who leaves a vague-yet-semi-supportive comment under Nolan's latest FB post? Hmm... What does it all mean?

facebook.com/profile.php?id=1815060048

T.W. Eston

JANUARY 8, 2014 @ 1:20 PM

I’d really like to drop this. Really I would. I have more I could say of Julie Anne’s less than forthright tactics than I have, including responding with evidence of another significant breach of confidentiality she committed against me that flies in the face of “protecting victims†and maintaining confidences. I can also easily refute a comment she made above by demanding that she furnish the evidence (of which she has none), but I’ve chosen to pass that over instead for the sake of pursuing a higher goal. For the sake of pursuing peace I’d rather not have to go there.

However if comments like the one preceding keep popping up in defense of Julie Anne (and might I add the defenses so far have been pretty lame) I may have no other choice but to do disclose more. Feel free to continue commenting in Julie Anne’s defense, but I can promise you it won’t go in her favor.

I’ve extended the hand of Christian fellowship and Jen has too. We’re willing to forgive and move on. I’d like to suggest everyone else do the same. But of course I’m only just another commenter here, so it’s entirely in Julie Anne’s hands where we go from here.

Ugh, what a blowhard. He sure has an aggressive way of pursuing this higher goal of peace, and he sure does go far while claiming he would rather not go there at all. :naughty: I wonder what skeletons he has in his closet that he's afraid will be brought up if his real name is revealed.

Archived