IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

I imagine she doesn't have hired help, but in fundie circles, they all aim to gather themselves some "interns" so I'm guessing eventually Bradrick! will get Kelly some help in that form. At least I hope so.

She does have an intern. But it will be a few years before she's trained well enough to be much help.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She does have an intern. But it will be a few years before she's trained well enough to be much help.

Are you talking about Geneva Convention -- her only female blessing? Hopefully if the rumors are true and she really is pregnant again, this next one will be another girl. She's going to need the help of another set of ovaries in the house.

A bit more obscure chatter from Nolan Manteufel's FB. After 3 members of the Sangalli family joked about rebuking them all in the names of Buddha, Allah and Pamola, the great bird spirit, Nolan says:

Nolan Manteufel Hey guys, i'm actually laughing. Isn't it funny how everyone goes around "rebuking" each other. Y'all get it, a lot of the words here are meaningless. My post says "if. should. if. type of man needed. fact. go away. never come back." God has shamed Peter. This is not a laughing matter. Peter's strength has been in the approval of men. This is serious. Bradrick men consider themselves among "the greatest". Christ said people like that are least in His Kingdom. Now, you guys have the benefit of watching all this stuff. You learn by examples. But be careful. Life is not a game. This stuff is serious. Look up Acts 19:13. Seven young men, the sons of a chief priest, copied the example of Paul without understanding the serious of what they were doing. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin. Lived a full and sinless life: just in his flesh before God. God allowed him to die on the cross and descend into hell. Three days later, Christ rose from the grave by the power of God. Later he arose into heaven. Christ is even now at the right hand of God. All power in heaven and earth has been given to him. You don't have to believe this. You can be skeptical and assume that the things i just said are cute cultural stories. But be careful. Life is not a game. Supernatural beings and power is real. Supernatural beings have names. Be very careful.

So he really doesn't like Bradrick! and Bradrick!'s men. As to the rest of the gobbledegook about supernatural beings, uh, OK. :?

Seems to me that KISA hated Bradrick too and at times hinted that he was a college student. Is Nolan perhaps KISA? Pondering...

His writing style doesn't seem to match KISA's from my memory, but who knows. I know others have said it, but I'd love for KISA to come out of the woodwork and share his opinion on all of this.

Agreed. Having pondered, Nolan is not KISA because he was a VF intern and KISA didn't make it into that ohsoselect group. KISA was more of a conference attender, hanger on, with VF and not an insider.

I'd love for KISA to come back but I doubt that he will. He got his butt deservedly handed to him on that thread and we now know that he was wrong about so many things. I really wish I hadn't missed KISA at the time because I'd have enjoyed slapping him down too. :mrgreen:

He was so in love with Doug. I wonder how he feels now. Maybe he's glad he never got to be an intern. He may not even be a fundie anymore. Tbh I always got the impression that he wasn't super committed to the system and that he was trying to convince himself as much as us. Wonder if this put him over the edge.

Are you talking about Geneva Convention -- her only female blessing? Hopefully if the rumors are true and she really is pregnant again, this next one will be another girl. She's going to need the help of another set of ovaries in the house.

Is this really their kid's name?

Part of me hopes not :pink-shock:

But part of me really hopes it is! :dance:

Is this really their kid's name?

Part of me hopes not :pink-shock:

But part of me really hopes it is! :dance:

It's a joke. She is Geneva Constance. But fear not, the boys names make up for it: Triumph Perseverance, Knox Defender, Loyal Cromwell, and Michael Courage.

Michael, really? "Meet my sons, TRIUMPH, KNOX, LOYAL, AND... michael."

I try not to care what people name their kids, but my proofreading finger twitches every time I see Loyal in that list. Abstract noun, proper noun, adjective, proper noun. NO! Use parallel structure, dammit!

Also, and I know other have said this before, but still-- the combination of "Loyal" and "Cromwell" makes my brain melt a little. It looks as if the Bradricks are trying to cover all of their English Civil War bases, since the loyalists backed Charles I against Cromwell.

I try not to care what people name their kids, but my proofreading finger twitches every time I see Loyal in that list. Abstract noun, proper noun, adjective, proper noun. NO! Use parallel structure, dammit!

Also, and I know other have said this before, but still-- the combination of "Loyal" and "Cromwell" makes my brain melt a little. It looks as if the Bradricks are trying to cover all of their English Civil War bases, since the loyalists backed Charles I against Cromwell.

He could have just given his sons the first name of his heroes like most normal people do. That would make them John and Oliver. I suppose that wouldn't have been obnoxious enough for the Bradricks but it would have ensured that his kids could have navigated the world outside Vision Forum without having to always hear how unusual their names were.

Do fundies not know about pop culture because I think of Triumph the Insult Dog every time that I read the name, Triumph.

He could have just given his sons the first name of his heroes like most normal people do. That would make them John and Oliver. I suppose that wouldn't have been obnoxious enough for the Bradricks but it would have ensured that his kids could have navigated the world outside Vision Forum without having to always hear how unusual their names were.

Do fundies not know about pop culture because I think of Triumph the Insult Dog every time that I read the name, Triumph.

Hah! That is awesome. I think that pop culture is too ungodly for them. There might be exposed skin and spicy language. It might be (gasp) fun.

Michael is named after Bradrick!'s father. Not sure why it took him until the fourth son to come up with naming a kid after his beloved father. Of course, they don't call him Michael. They call him Courage, which is is middle name.

Maybe they can name the next one Wishful Thinking?

You win the internets for the day. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I googled "Crazy Puritan Names" and got these:

1. If-Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned

2. Job-raked-out-of-the-ashes

3. Has-descendents (I can see this one being popular, given the VF obsession with a "multi-generational vision")

4. Fly-fornication

5. Anger

6. Die-Well (the Maxwells would like this one)

7. Joy-in-sorrow

8. Anger

I'm pretty sure that Loyal is named after Thomas Cromwell, one of the supposed heroes of the English Reformation. (In reality, not a very nice man… Henry VIII had him beheaded after the whole Anne of Cleves issue.) I supposed it could be a reference to both men but for some reason, I've always thought it was Thomas.

I'm pretty sure that Loyal is named after Thomas Cromwell, one of the supposed heroes of the English Reformation. (In reality, not a very nice man… Henry VIII had him beheaded after the whole Anne of Cleves issue.) I supposed it could be a reference to both men but for some reason, I've always thought it was Thomas.

Yes, Bradrick! must have missed that unfortunate bit of history while studying at the SOTDRT.

Are you sure? Isn't it much more likely he's named after Puritan Oliver Cromwell?

I googled "Crazy Puritan Names" and got these:

(Snip)

3. Has-descendents (I can see this one being popular, given the VF obsession with a "multi-generational vision")

(Snip)

Talk about counting chickens before they're hatched!

Especially with child mortality rates back then.

Talk about counting chickens before they're hatched!

Especially with child mortality rates back then.

I assume that "Has-descendents" is related to the geneology lists in the Bible that state that such and such begat so and so. Or not.

Names are easily recycled. I always think of virtue names as asking for trouble anyway. Faith will grow up to he a sceptic, Hope will grow up to be a cynic, and Charity will be a miser.

Hq87xqc.jpg

I think i know what the parents meant by choosing that name but the child in me is ROFLing at the thought of fornicating flies.... You slutty insects!!

Archived