IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

Boy, oh boy--

That the board decided to shut down VFM completely, even with Dougie gone, makes me think his real sins were financial. Surely, with him out of the picture, VFM could be "redeemed," re-organized, and continue operations?

Then again, VFM didn't exactly do much actual ministering, unless you count organizing costume parties and adventure vacations for the fellow Elect as a ministry. I mean, really--what else do they do besides give Dougie chances to make dominant wide-stance displays in front of his adoring public? Not a damned thing, as far as I can tell.

So my guess is that there has been major misuse of funds going on that Dougie was no longer able to hide. He may have been discovered at the beginning of the year (hence the resignation from BCA, assuming the elders there found out), but the full scale of it may not have been apparent until more recently (hence not stepping down until now). If there was a woman involved, he may have been buying her gifts and possibly channeling money to her/her family with VFM funds, but I suspect that was the least of it--he's done something bigger than that, and has for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if VFI or Doug as an individual sold other company resources to VFM as a way of channeling donations into his personal accounts, over the years.

We haven't heard the end of this, I don't think; it's got to blow up, and everything's got to come out. Somebody's got to get angry enough to spill the beans--and I'm sure they will.

Maybe he had an affair, maybe not. But the way all of this has been handled from the start has made me suspect unscrupulous financial shenanigans on Dougie's part.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's GenerationCedarChip? She knows lots of ppl who hang around VF. Or is she avoiding us so that she doesn't get interrogated? (Probably a wise move).

Wondering what's going to happen to Perry and the LiaS family now...

I don't think it's a coincidence that Kim posted today how thankful she is for God's providence... :( I feel sorry for their children.

Conveniently, she mythologizes her own craptastic poverty-stricken childhood as just fine:

And the funny thing is, as a child, I never thought twice about it. It makes for good stories now, but I was never bothered by our lack of luxuries. My parents might have worried, fretted, and lost sleep, but we children didn’t. We had what we needed, and while more would have been nice, it never occurred to us that some might think we needed more. God was providing for us.

:angry-banghead:

This could be one of those situations where it's the cover-up that gets everyone into serious trouble rather than the crime itself.

Is the vision forum store closing down too?

Apparently Dougie's cds are still being sold. DA FUQ? Only their non profit stuff is being shut down.

Apparently Dougie's cds are still being sold. DA FUQ? Only their non profit stuff is being shut down.

I dont see how that will last.

I dont see how that will last.

Vision Forum Inc. sells other companies' products, too, not just their own. But, I agree, I don't see how VFI can last, either.

Vision Forum Inc. sells other companies' products, too, not just their own. But, I agree, I don't see how VFI can last, either.

You can easily buy the other companies products off Christian Book and the like so yeah, not really seeing them lasting.

There once were some VF leghumpers

Who saw their Tool under the dumpers

They started to cry

Then they joined ATI

And now they're ex-humpers in frumpers

- Edited for clarity and a shred of decorum

I wonder if this is where Bradrick! got the idea from. Tried to do a more professional, national version and recruit ATI type men, only it failed royally. On a national level people will rely on government, which Bradrick! will hate. Ebil gubment and all.

So what will happen to all the church members? One Sunday, they go to their regular service, the next the chuch is closed. It must be a difficult situation for them too. They have probably invested a lot of time, energy, money and emotions in the church and now they are left on their own.

I just had a thought that could explain both the "inappropriate emotional" part and the "not knowing in the biblical sense"

What if he was stalking/obsessed with someone?

That is a damn inappropriate emotion to develop. If it was a young woman, I'm sure he could have explained a lot of his attention away by claiming he was trying to help her in some way. We all agree that (almost all of) these young women have had their creep-radars squished and/or beaten out of them by their parents and it could take a long time for any unease they may feel around people like Doug to get bad enough for them to complain.

Maybe some poor girl woke up to find her feet being rubbed by Doug or something similarly disgusting and wildly inappropriate - but truly not "biblically knowing "?

Aaaaand now I want to go throw up and then hunt for Brain Bleach :cry:

ETA a word

I am repeating myself, but somewhere on the old board I read that it was known in the VF circles that Doug used to hit on (or whatever choice of words was used) the interns and because of that some VF families refused to send their teenage sons to SA on their own.

Can anybody remember the same thing?

Am I wrong to hope that something similar happens to Gothard?

I don't think Gothard would ever publicly admit to sinning.

I typed that as "pubicly" the first time. That was a very bad typo. :lol:

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/2711/Does-Doug-Phillips-ping-anyone-elses-gaydar?page=1

Not breaking the link as it's our old site.

I think this is the discussion you may be thinking of. It was sparked by the Pete Bradrick and Doug Phillips photo where they're practically sitting in each others' laps in a church pew.

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2011/09/23/ncfic-vision-forum-and-the-bottom-line/

This is a link to another, (but 2 year old) article about all the links between DP and Scott Brown. If Scott is driving a bus over Doug then whatever has gone wrong is really serious . . .

Some kind person point me to what page it changed? As in Vision Forum is closing down, not just the Mini-steering bit?

Well, there goes my day...

Scott Brown is a piece of work, I've got to say. He's on the board of directors of VF, for crying out loud. He's known all along that the primary motivation for VF to exist was to provide a platform for Doug Phillips to go hunting for anacondas and to play dress-ups. He's had ample opportunity to change the way things were operating, or to step down if he didn't like the way things were done and even if his directorship was a figure-head role, Doug's showboating and pageantry were no secret to anyone. He was quite happy to have his name associated with VF for years, it's only when the shit hits the fan that he feels the need to preach against his male, epicurean 'friend'?

Fundie's (especially the Calvinist ones) are renowned for some pretty nasty church politics and finding offense at the most minor points of difference, but this is just out-and-out backstabbing. Doug Phillips may be a tool, but Scott Brown is a snake in the grass. Re-reading the Eph 511 blog, I shouldn't be surprised. I think he's positioning himself and his organisation to fill the void that the collapse of VFM will bring.

I find this outrage a little strange, TBH. You have no idea what Doug Phillips did. It could be anything from sex with an adult, to stealing money from innocent dupes to molesting children. Scott Brown does know.

And how do you know he had opportunities to fix something and that it was something fixable? There has been no indication these people are upset with the way VF was being run. They all liked the pageantry and took part in it. If The Tool caused real harm to someone, then anyone around would be right to run. And who cares? Of course they are hypocrites and choose self preservation first. Most people are.

I'm wondering if the woman part isn't just a lie, period. I don't believe his crowd would call gay sex between men "biblical" either, sooo.. that part could be true. Still leaving the option of his affair being with a man.

I still think the woman part isn't true but wouldn't rape also be considered "unbiblical" as well? That theory though could still apply to a man.

Another thing I wonder is if there's been an online relationship that caused loose lips from tool that's been documented and used as bribery and ministry monies were used to cover that up. Could explain why folks had prior knowledge of this and started distancing themselves before they were dragged in it.

Just all speculation on my part

So what will happen to all the church members? One Sunday, they go to their regular service, the next the chuch is closed. It must be a difficult situation for them too. They have probably invested a lot of time, energy, money and emotions in the church and now they are left on their own.

I think the church still exists.

http://boernechristianassembly.org/home/

Archived