IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

Blue Behemoth.com is still down.

I wonder when the Clearance section of VFI is going to start filling up with Dougie's many many sermons at 80% off.....

You know what I can't stop thinking about? How long this supposed affair (or financial crap or whatever) has been going on. Six years is a long damn time. Six years ago I was still into all this shit, buying Henty books for my son and Beautiful Girlhood crap for my daughters and thinking it would make life great. It didn't. It just made me feel like shit and slide further into clinical depression because I couldn't achieve Dougie's constant yammering vision of the perfect Christian family. Everything they've put out in the last six years....father/daughter retreats, The Return of the Daughters with him pontificating on the Biblical family, the Galapagos and the Amazon trips, all of it - having an affair and/or embezzling all the while.

Screw you, Doug. You're a hypocritical lying tool.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he still making money off the shit of his they are selling? If so, that's absolutely disgusting. "Yes, I'll resign because I sinned... but I totes still want the money, lulz."

Is he still making money off the shit of his they are selling? If so, that's absolutely disgusting. "Yes, I'll resign because I sinned... but I totes still want the money, lulz."

And how long has he been telling his struggling-because-they-have-too-many-children followers to "trust God to provide"? Why isn't Doug trusting God to provide for his large family? Could it be that Howard left every last dime to Doug's CATHOLIC mother? I sure hope so.

The Blog Queens at The Wartburg Watch have some verrry interesting comments about the unidentified women (they use plural) starting around 8:00 a.m. today: thewartburgwatch.com/2013/11/11/breaking-vision-forum-ministries-closing/#comments

The Blog Queens at The Wartburg Watch have some verrry interesting comments about the unidentified women (they use plural) starting around 8:30 a.m. today: thewartburgwatch.com/2013/11/11/breaking-vision-forum-ministries-closing/#comments

I was just over there reading that. Are they saying... what I think they're saying?!!

The Blog Queens at The Wartburg Watch have some verrry interesting comments about the unidentified women (they use plural) starting around 8:30 a.m. today: thewartburgwatch.com/2013/11/11/breaking-vision-forum-ministries-closing/#comments

Wow. :shock:

I want to throw up after reading that, if I'm understanding it correctly. Holy fuck. I'm not surprised, per se, but still horrified and disgusted.

Doug Phillips, fuck you with a cucumber and you're a fucking tool.

Yes, sounds like it very well might be a Jack Schaap.

I really want to know how (and why) Boerne Christian Assembly kept the lid on this so very tightly for NINE WHOLE MONTHS. I mean, an entire church (however small) had to know that he had resigned. The powers that be did not update the website, and no member or attendee made this public for nine whole months. WHY? HOW? (I have never known of a church, however good a church it might have been, that did not have a very efficient gossip machine).

I get the impression that they are gathering information to publish something. Just... wow. This sounds a lot worse than I would have thought.

Yes, sounds like it very well might be a Jack Schaap.

I really want to know how (and why) Boerne Christian Assembly kept the lid on this so very tightly for NINE WHOLE MONTHS. I mean, an entire church (however small) had to know that he had resigned. The powers that be did not update the website, and no member or attendee made this public for nine whole months. WHY? HOW? (I have never known of a church, however good a church it might have been, that did not have a very efficient gossip machine).

Gonna guess that this had something to do with it: they think they had to be silent (page 2 has stuff about muzzling women and how women have to be silent, etc).

rethinkingvisionforum.org/2011/08/08/the-search-for-the-perfect-church/

Gonna state it again: Fuck you with a cactus, Doug, and you are a fucking, rotten douchenuzzle asswipe tool. :music-tool:

If this source is right and he would be lucky to not go to jail for what he did, this means it is more sinful than just an average affair with a woman, or even with a man.

How illegal is prostitution where Doug lives? Can someone go to jail for paying a hooker to handle his anaconda?

Or hes been doing a Gothard and preying on underage interns? Or of age ones, but still unconsenting?

Or said woman is a sheep, which is why she hasn't been named?

Or the affair is a cover up for other non sexual but illegal and immoral things he has been doing?

I feel bad for all the workers who will probably lose their jobs and struggle to feed their thousands of kids.

When I read the comment "Let me put it this way. If it gets out, it will throw some doubt on the statement that women should stay at home where they will be safe as opposed to going to college", my mind didn't jump do underage interns but his own children. I hope to God I'm reading that wrong.

When I read the comment "Let me put it this way. If it gets out, it will throw some doubt on the statement that women should stay at home where they will be safe as opposed to going to college", my mind didn't jump do underage interns but his own children. I hope to God I'm reading that wrong.

I can't stop thinking about the duet at the film festival with Second Eldest Daughter... in February.

ETA: Actually, I think it's Third Eldest. But really, if this is true, wouldn't that be the straw that broke the camel's back? Surely people in the audience and backstage could see how unhealthy and inappropriate it was? I don't care how "brainwashed" they are, it was still waaaay beyond the pale.

I can't stop thinking about the duet at the film festival with Second Eldest Daughter... in February.

If it is something like that... speaking from experience, it's likely gone on for years.

I was just thinking about that, too. The expression on her face during that duet has bothered me since I watched it. It may be nothing, but OTOH I would not be shocked to learn otherwise.

How old are his oldest daughters? They made it sound like the woman in question was college age.

I really hope it's not his own children. I really hope the commenters just made it sound that way without intending to.

On The Duggar TWOP board, I've often voiced my concerns about the possibility of incest going on in these patriarchal, closed in, families. If this is the case, what possible recourse would the victim have to rebuilt her life? Fundies don't believe in therapy, so that's out, and the police will probably not be involved to protect the image of the family. She may even be accused of being a temptress and forced to ask the tool for forgiveness. This may end in a terrible, tragic way that none of us could have foreseen or desired.

On The Duggar TWOP board, I've often voiced my concerns about the possibility of incest going on in these patriarchal, closed in, families. If this is the case, what possible recourse would the victim have to rebuilt her life? Fundies don't believe in therapy, so that's out, and the police will probably not be involved to protect the image of the family. She may even be accused of being a temptress and forced to ask the tool for forgiveness. This may end in a terrible, tragic way that none of us could have foreseen or desired.

I think that the patriarchal, closed in families is the perfect place for any kind of abuse: incest, pedophiliia, mental and physical abuse of women and children and torturing animals if that's their thing.

I saw an interview with a former Jehova's witness and he called the church a "Pedophile's Paradise" because it's so closed in and they won't report any abuse to the authorities but deal with it in church and forgive the abuser and, if necessary, expell the abused.

How old are his oldest daughters? They made it sound like the woman in question was college age.

I really hope it's not his own children. I really hope the commenters just made it sound that way without intending to.

The oldest is college aged, and the second oldest is either college aged or nearly so.

There is no hope for those children who are victims of such crimes. There's no hope. They're to ask for forgiveness, because they either sinned and it was "punishment" or they were a temptress. And then they are forced to still live there, their so-called protector becoming their perpetrator. In addition to having to deal with what happened to them, they now have the spiritual abuse piled on top of that. It's a clusterfuck, it's heartbreaking. There is no therapy, because they can't dare air out the family's dirty laundry or get outside help. The police? As if. Even if a police report or CPS report is filed, in those rare circumstances, the person gets of scott free. Unless the girl (or boy, I'm not naive enough to think it only happens to girls) is able to escape or break free, there's no way to rebuild and start over.

I apologize for any grammar or spelling errors. I'm trying to proof read, but I'm tired and it's a difficult subject for me.

I do really wonder if it's his own daughter or daughters after reading that post and the fact that the name of the victim hasn't leaked out and there was no apology to the victim or victim's family (correct?). Definitely a younger person involved here. This makes me so utterly sick and mad!

I've been involved with home schoolers for a long time and so many of them idolized Doug's ideas. There are still so many I know that keep their daughter's at home, don't give them a choice to pursue their own interests, make them feel like this is God's only way. I hope this is a wake up call to many to evaluate the garbage they are believing.

Checked out the Wartburg comments and read it as a SAHD but whether his SAHDs or someone else's, not sure. Though given all protected SAHDs are supposed to be, it would, sadly, be much easier for this to happen with his own.

Sure hope not.

Even from the get-go, I didn't think that Dougie was guilty of only one thing, so not surprised to hear of the plural form of sin in Scott's sermon. There's a lot more to come. Twin2 shouldn't despair yet.

Interesting comment posted on the Facebook page of homeschoolers anonymous regarding closing of ministry.

'I happen to know from an inside source that it was fact HIGHLY inappropriate. Doug can quibble all he wants over biblically "knowing" someone but that is a bunch of hog wash. It was scandalous and he will be lucky to escape jail. That's all I can say.'

My suspicion is that the lady in question was underage, and the actions involved were similar to the types of things President Clinton engaged in while 'not having sex with that woman.' I also suspect Doug phillips (who is an UNEMPLOYED tool) helped himself to Vision Forum money, but likely for his own use.

No offense to any of you who look like trolls, but it has been my experience that little men who look like trolls and who have flamboyant tendencies are the most likely to behave like dirty old men... likely in an attempt to fool people and themselves into thinking they are manly.

Archived