IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

Is Twin2 okay? Has anyone checked on her? I am so heartbroken for her- and us. We must find a new mission for her undertake, something bold, daring, uncharted. We need the comedy in this old world!

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My jaw is on the floor and I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy, all at the same time. I cannot BELIEVE this is going down. Goodbye, you pompous bloviating TOOL. :music-tool:

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

My money is still on an affair with a man, not a woman (or possibly both) and major financial shenanigans.

Forgive me if someone already pointed this out, but didja notice the piece Doug wrote on August 7 on the Ministries page was all about repentance? I think he was steeling himself for what was coming.

My jaw is on the floor and I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy, all at the same time. I cannot BELIEVE this is going down. Goodbye, you pompous bloviating TOOL. :music-tool:

My money is still on an affair with a man, not a woman (or possibly both) and major financial shenanigans.

Forgive me if someone already pointed this out, but didja notice the piece Doug wrote on August 7 on the Ministries page was all about repentance? I think he was steeling himself for what was coming.

Or STEALING himself....

:whistle:

The Closing of Vision Forum Ministries

In light of the serious sins which have resulted in Doug Phillips’s resignation from Vision Forum Ministries

Hold up!

Serious Sin$$$$$$ ?

Plural???

Could be a slip of the tongue, but I thought it was a small matter of "not having biblical relations with that woman" kind of thing?

Hmmmm

I never tire of using the $ for Vi$ion forum.

@Mirele God Bless you :)

Also, the way his name is used. "Doug Phillips". Not our brother in christ, former president of vi$ion forum etc. Just "Doug Phillip$"

Seems a little.. cold don't you think?

Things that make you go hmmm

Is Twin2 okay? Has anyone checked on her? I am so heartbroken for her- and us. We must find a new mission for her undertake, something bold, daring, uncharted. We need the comedy in this old world!

I'm hanging in there. It is tough. But there will be new challenges in life, and maybe, just maybe, Dougie will come back to be lol'd again. And even if he never does, at least we will have all the good memories (LOLs, wikipedia shenanigans, poll bombing) and google will always remember he is a tool.

No way this guy is resigning because he had an affair with a woman.

costume-lineup.jpg

I'm going with "It's complicated"....

I have a video for Doug -- costumes and everything:

ReewuKqhZls

:occasion-clown:

Ridi, tool, ridi.

ETA -- if you prefer:

gBzJGckMYO4

Now that VFM is kaput I wonder if Jen will start spilling the dirt on all that went on there, and on all she knows about Doug.

In the comments section of this post, she implies that this is not his first time at the rodeo:

This reminds me of another occasion where a girl at BCA got pregnant out of wedlock. When Doug brought her before the church to "confess her sin," her father said something about the "devil sneaking in." The slippery slope that led to her situation was never addressed and that was the last we ever heard about her "sin." The father was never named and after that one day of "confession," she was welcomed with open arms by all.

It was a very different response to her than it was to me. And very suspect as well.

jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/09/the-christian-post-christian-family-ministry-leader-doug-phillips-resigns-after-admitting-to-inappropriate-relationship/

But I just have a feeling this all may be wishful thinking on Jen's part. Doug is a lawyer. And whatever else he is, he's not dumb. If there was an out-of-wedlock kid, there's no way he'd have specified that he didn't "know the woman biblically." A simple DNA test could blow that out of the water.

In the comments section of this post, she implies that this is not his first time at the rodeo:

This reminds me of another occasion where a girl at BCA got pregnant out of wedlock. When Doug brought her before the church to "confess her sin," her father said something about the "devil sneaking in." The slippery slope that led to her situation was never addressed and that was the last we ever heard about her "sin." The father was never named and after that one day of "confession," she was welcomed with open arms by all.

It was a very different response to her than it was to me. And very suspect as well.

jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/09/the-christian-post-christian-family-ministry-leader-doug-phillips-resigns-after-admitting-to-inappropriate-relationship/

But I just have a feeling this all may be wishful thinking on Jen's part. Doug is a lawyer. And whatever else he is, he's not dumb. If there was an out-of-wedlock kid, there's no way he'd have specified that he didn't "know the woman biblically." A simple DNA test could blow that out of the water.

Good point. He woudn't have put the "know the woman biblically" comment out there if there was a kid on the way. Could he have blown all the VF funds on placating his mistress? I still think the two sins are connected somehow. Who uncovered this scandal and actually had the cojones to hold Doug accountable for something?

I really wanted to go on a internet fast this week so I could actually get some work done. It looks like that won't be happening. :D

Doug has either fathered a child or is looking at a prison sentence. I'm really hoping he didn't pull a Jack Schaap. The next few months will be pretty interesting.

If it's the prison sentence, he will get to put that wide stance to good use and hunt a lot of anacondas in the bargain.

Has anyone screencapped all the Doug costume and trips stuff, before it gets cleaned up?

That's a crisis project for BRADRICK! errr....Twin2! :lol: She can sing Thoughtful's version of "The Way We Were" as she catalogs everything for posterity.

That's a crisis project for BRADRICK! errr....Twin2! :lol: She can sing Thoughtful's version of "The Way We Were" as she catalogs everything for posterity.

I've got about 40 pics of Dougie on my computer. You are right though, should grab some more. For old times sake.

If it's the prison sentence, he will get to put that wide stance to good use and hunt a lot of anacondas in the bargain.

I suggest he pack one of his kilts for easy access. Just lie back and think of Scotland, Doug.

I've got about 40 pics of Dougie on my computer. You are right though, should grab some more. For old times sake.

You can make a collage! It would be purty! (Spellcheck just changed "purty" to "purity"--rather ironic, don't you think?) You can sit back in your rocking chair and gaze wistfully at Doug (Phillips who will still be a tool)'s countenance and wide-based stance, "Memories'" (from Cats or Streisand, your choice) playing softly in the background), a tear slowly trickling down your cheek. Ah, yes...

Or you could laugh your ass off.

Persevero!

Wow. I thought that Vision Forum would fold, but I didn't think it would be so soon. This illustrates how so many of these "ministries" are really just personality cults, and once the personality in question is gone, everything else falls apart.

It might be the big sin, but I don't think it is the only one. And I suspect financial misdeeds that will lead to legal

Agree that it might be the big sin, the one that got him caught, but would not be surprised that there was financial funny business as well. Now that he's fallen, he's fair game. Either other stuff was discovered in the wake of his confession, or it was stuff known all along, but other folks in VF are using it to take him down further. It's probably a mix of both.

No Longer Qivering has weighed in:

patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/

Not a Phillips Phanatic, apparently.

I feel nostalgic already, so: Doug Phillips is a tool

This latest news is very interesting (and not unappreciated), but I am still waiting for the Vi$ion Forum, Inc. to fold before I finalize my celebratory plans.

Archived