IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

I don't see how the Vision Forum catalog can survive--won't lots of fundies refuse to shop there this season? We will get to watch Perry C. lose his warehouse job--and see what happens to a family of 12, with a mortgage, and no "real" health insurance, when the wife isn't allowed to work, and the teenage daughters have only GEDs and no work experience.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Perry saw this coming and updated his resume and began the job hunt.

I don't see how the Vision Forum catalog can survive--won't lots of fundies refuse to shop there this season? We will get to watch Perry C. lose his warehouse job--and see what happens to a family of 12, with a mortgage, and no "real" health insurance, when the wife isn't allowed to work, and the teenage daughters have only GEDs and no work experience.

I have a feeling they saw this coming... Kim seems to have started some kind of business buying and selling used gym equipment on Craigslist.

I have a feeling they saw this coming... Kim seems to have started some kind of business buying and selling used gym equipment on Craigslist.

But it's under the umbrella of authority so it's okay! :angry-banghead:

I've read the Wartburg Watch article and didn't interpret their statement about the woman/girl in question to be about his daughter (Or at least I'm hoping really hard it isn't what it could imply). I think he has been involved with a SAHD who is close to his family and it started when she was around 18 or 19. It's still reprehensible but I would prefer this scenario over the other option. What leads me to this conclusion is his resignation statement. If he was guilty of incest, would he plainly state he was involved with another woman? By admitting such behavior he is inviting speculation about who the other woman is and if it was revealed to be his daughter, he would be more than an outcast. I could be giving him too much credit but I don't think it adds up.

I've read the Wartburg Watch article and didn't interpret their statement about the woman/girl in question to be about his daughter (Or at least I'm hoping really hard it isn't what it could imply). I think he has been involved with a SAHD who is close to his family and it started when she was around 18 or 19. It's still reprehensible but I would prefer this scenario over the other option. What leads me to this conclusion is his resignation statement. If he was guilty of incest, would he plainly state he was involved with another woman? By admitting such behavior he is inviting speculation about who the other woman is and if it was revealed to be his daughter, he would be more than an outcast. I could be giving him too much credit but I don't think it adds up.

I agree with you now, but I sure wish the Wartburg Watch had been more careful in their description. The difference between "woman" and "women" is huge, and rather than just saying "SAHD's," they could have said something like "SAHD's who serve the VF community rather than attend college."

Having said that, I do very much appreciate what they do over there.

You know, BRADRICK! is so quiet, I'm beginning to think that Scott told him something along the lines of "STFU and let me handle this." Since he's Sippy Cup's meal ticket, I'm sure he'll tuck his tail between his legs and do whatever he says.

You know, BRADRICK! is so quiet, I'm beginning to think that Scott told him something along the lines of "STFU and let me handle this." Since he's Sippy Cup's meal ticket, I'm sure he'll tuck his tail between his legs and do whatever he says.

Oh, there's no doubt Petey is being coached through this whole CRISIS. Even though he's an expert (ahem!) in Crisis Management. His reputation is going straight down the drain by remaining silent, but he's too stupid to even know that.

Why has Kirk Cameron remained so...silent? He was a big Doug Phillips is a Tool sycophant.

I just had a brainwave. What if it's Kelly Bradrick? If we ignore the six-year timeframe that's been rumored, it makes perfect sense. He could have begun the (nonbiblicalsense!) affair back when she was a SAHD. Sins plural might include the sin of coveting Petey's wife. (That doesn't rule out financial shenanigans though.) We've seen how much BRADRICK cherishes Kelly (i.e. not much), so she'd definitely be drawn to a relationship where she felt emotionally cared for. And given all the time Doug spent with Petey, he'd have had plenty of access. Petey wouldn't have thought twice about leaving Kelly alone with Doug.

That explains why her name is being so hushed up. It explains why Scott is driving the bus fleet over Doug. And it explains why BRADRICK hasn't said anything.

If we want to speculate further (and why not, it's fun!) maybe Petey was involved. Maybe Doug was coveting an ass or two. ;) An affair with a woman might be forgiven. An affair with a man? NEVER.

When I read the comment "Let me put it this way. If it gets out, it will throw some doubt on the statement that women should stay at home where they will be safe as opposed to going to college", my mind didn't jump do underage interns but his own children. I hope to God I'm reading that wrong.

OK I will say it.

Anyone else remember how in the early days of Doug's blog he had a thing for making one of his daughters the star of the show? Frilly dresses and favorite restaurants and special time with daddy going on all his trips with him and even having a doll named after them? And then when they hit a certain age they disappeared in favor of the newer model? And it was almost never the boys?

Anyone else looking back and getting really creeped out now?

--------

I know someone is going to say false accusation and innuendo, and you're right. But if we are talking an underage victim, any underage victim they need to know:

They did not do this

They are not responsible

They are not a harlot

They are not a temptress

They are not a sinner

They have been sinned against

There are people in this world who care

There are people out here who understand

There are people out here who want to help them

There are people out here who have been where they are and have gone on to life rich full lives and had families of their own with partners who love them

There are people out here who will love them no matter what

And if the only place they hear this is from the silly hens of the hive vagina then as far as I'm concerned we have just justified our entire existence.

/soapbox

Edited to add

http://www.fvps.org/get-help/the-batter ... d-children’s-shelter/

Just in case

Julie Anne at Spiritual Sounding Board (see 11:17 am today at spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/11/11/the-board-of-vision-forum-ministries-announces-the-closing-of-vision-forum-ministries/#comments) is hinting that she has information that backs up the reports on TWW. In part:

"Because of the sensitivity of this issue, I have not shared what information has been passed along to me, but if you read between the lines of Dee’s comments, I have had the same reports sent to me as well...When you get the same account repeated a number of times, from a number of sources, with no varying from the story, it seems to indicate that the story is no longer just a story, but something credible."

Her full comment is worth reading if you have a moment, in order to get the full context of the discussion.

This makes me very sad and very angry.

It is sad, but I do applaud that they take this issue seriously. There are ministries that are still carrying on despite a pastor participating in some type of propriety.

If the person in question is a minor, then it explains a lot. In the past couple days, my fundie friends have went from condemning Doug to refusing to talk about the situation at all.

Based on this quote from wartburg, I'm not sure if we should suspect inappropriate behavior between Doug and his own daughters (beyond the squicky emotional incest):

From what I read on the old board, the oldest daughter Liberty might be 18 (at the oldest) right now. After all, oldest child Joshua just turned 20 this year and he and Justice are both older than any of the girls. If this "relationship" has been going on for quite awhile, I wouldn't consider any of Doug's daughters old enough to have been at college rather than in their father's house.

If the ww information is true, the implications are still bad. But I really hope it's not that close to home :(

Liberty is 17 (9-24-96), Jubilee is 15 (4-5-98), and Faith is 13 (1-14-00). None of them are college aged.

For all his awful toolishness, it really never entered my mind that he could do something as heinous as make sexual advances towards a child. Any child.

If it comes out that he did, well....I just don't even know. The phrase "raging fury of a million burning suns" is the first thing that pops into my head. :angry-fire: :angry-steamingears: :angry-fire: :angry-steamingears:

OK I will say it.

Anyone else remember how in the early days of Doug's blog he had a thing for making one of his daughters the star of the show? Frilly dresses and favorite restaurants and special time with daddy going on all his trips with him and even having a doll named after them? And then when they hit a certain age they disappeared in favor of the newer model? And it was almost never the boys?

Anyone else looking back and getting really creeped out now?

I don't remember that, but the Daddy-daughters weekends / retreats have always creeped me out and given me an incestuous vibe. Not saying that all the men are abusing their daughters, not at all, but the whole idea is just creepy. And Doug's creation, I guess, with time for girls shaving their dads and everything.

For all his awful toolishness, it really never entered my mind that he could do something as heinous as make sexual advances towards a child. Any child.

If it comes out that he did, well....I just don't even know. The phrase "raging fury of a million burning suns" is the first thing that pops into my head. :angry-fire: :angry-steamingears: :angry-fire: :angry-steamingears:

I feel the same way. I can't believe he would take advantage of a child. Of course, the law defines a child as anyone younger that 16 (I believe) at least in terms of statutory rape, and I COULD see him hitting on a woman as young as that, but not a child younger than that. I don't think he's perverted in that way. He's perverted in many OTHER ways, but I don't think he'd harm a child in a sexual way. Again, I think the "affair" is a big decoy cover story to distract from something much worse that he's been doing in the form of the finances of the company. And that will come out because there is no covering that up if an audit is conducted. It will make his "affair" seem harmless.

Archived