IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

DWT, I keep expecting to see your avatar draped with black bunting, reflecting the pain and anguish Petey must be experiencing.

At first I thought, "Oh, to be a fly on the wall at Peter and Kelly's house," but then I realized that he's probably forbidden her to speak of it-- or hell, to even know about it!

ETA: Here's Jen on Doug's creative financing. Unbelievable.

jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/doug-phillips-balance-sheet-vision-forum-ministries-vs-vision-forum-inc/

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, this entire parody is amazing, but I seriously choked on my lunch when I got to this bit. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

:worship:

Hane, that was perfect.

Edited because I forgot to say that Doug Phillips is a tool. As if we could forget...

Love it, Hane! A parody song about an anti-science homophobe, originally performed by an evil worldly rock band whose members included a gay man and an actual scientist with a for realz Phd(not the kind of phd that Dougie's friends say they have).

I think Freddie and Dr. May would approve.

ETA: AND I believe Brian May has been knighted, which seems like something that would totally be up Dougie's alley.

At first I thought, "Oh, to be a fly on the wall at Peter and Kelly's house," but then I realized that he's probably forbidden her to speak of it-- or hell, to even know about it!

jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/doug-phillips-balance-sheet-vision-forum-ministries-vs-vision-forum-inc/

If this is all true then wow, Dougie knows how to fleece the sheep.

In 2011, Vision Forum Ministries received $2,606,157 in donations. That is not sales, that is just free money that homeschooling families freely gave to Doug Phillips. Let me repeat that. Two and a half million dollars. Of that $2,606,157, Vision Forum Ministries “paid†$670, 833 to Doug Phillips’ personal business to “buy†a product they already owned. Where did that money go? Directly to the owner of Vision Forum, Inc. So now, the donations of homeschooling families are being used to buy assets already owned by Vision Forum, so that Vision Forum can transfer money from the non-taxable side to the owner’s pockets. But maybe I am missing something here.

Jen specifically states that Doug the Tool quit or lost his position as Elder at BCA 9 months before he resigned his position as president of VF Ministries. Could Doug the Tool have fathered a child with this woman? Jen seems to be dropping some subtle hints as to what's going on.

Jen specifically states that Doug the Tool quit or lost his position as Elder at BCA 9 months before he resigned his position as president of VF Ministries. Could Doug the Tool have fathered a child with this woman? Jen seems to be dropping some subtle hints as to what's going on.

Then why would the resignation letter specifically state that he didn't "know" his mistress?

Maybe he did father a child, and his local congregation knows this, but he wants to hide the entire truth from the public? Now, that I could believe!

Well, of course he couldn't, since he says he didn't know her in the Biblical sense! And we all know Dougie always tells the truth, right? LOLOLOL.

Jayhawk1991 left a couple comments there-- is Ruth sticking her nose back in?

Okay, this entire parody is amazing, but I seriously choked on my lunch when I got to this bit. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

:worship:

Also-- and I'm dating myself here, as my first experience of "Bohemian Rhapsody" was facilitated by the movie Wayne's World-- the "We're not worthy!" icon has never seemed so appropriate to me as it does here.

HuffPo!!!

huffingtonpost.com/julie-ingersoll/doug-phillips-the-big-scandal_b_4195155.html

That was really well written, and now thousands more people will know that Doug Phillips is a Tool.

I loved the "Hazardous Journeys for manly men (this is not a parody)" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug admits on the Vision Forum blog that he only resigned from the ministry, not the business. They are so very "distinct"!

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2013/11/10958/

Doug admits on the Vision Forum blog that he only resigned from the ministry, not the business. They are so very "distinct"!

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2013/11/10958/

Interesting that he felt he needed to come back and say that. You know it probably wasn't HIS idea.

Re: our prior discussion of James Leininger:

I’d heard tell that Doug’s lavish residence was originally Jim Leininger’s home and was later donated to Vision Forum Ministries (or perhaps to Bourne Christian Assembly — I’m not sure which) for a tax writeoff. Doug then promptly moved in and because he held his home church meetings there (at least until he was able to get the church building in Bourne), he was able to get it taken off the property tax roles too.

Commenter here: jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/doug-phillips-balance-sheet-vision-forum-ministries-vs-vision-forum-inc/#comments

Hane, I heart you. Seriously.

DWT, thank you for quoting something substantial from Jen. I'm boycotting her for having dragged Ms. Torres' name into this, but when there is something worth learning about, I'll be there

DWT, thank you for quoting something substantial from Jen. I'm boycotting her for having dragged Ms. Torres' name into this, but when there is something worth learning about, I'll be there

I know how you feel, MamaJunebug. As I said in a previous post, Jen is nuttier than a fruitcake, but she's done her homework on VF/Doug and through all the years, I've never caught her in a lie or a contradiction. So I think we should get as much info from her as we can while exercising caution.

As for investigating the women connected to VF who are "candidates," so far we've run into dead ends on every one. Just reinforces my original belief that this is about, yes, "SO MUCH MORE." :lol:

HuffPo!!!

huffingtonpost.com/julie-ingersoll/doug-phillips-the-big-scandal_b_4195155.html

Hooray! Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

This is just a theory here, but what if Doug the Tool fathered a child by this mystery woman who has connections (secular or religious or both) that go way above Doug the Tool's? This could be a case of mutually assured destruction if Doug the Tool outs the mystery woman or the mystery woman comes forward. It's possible that the woman has a lot of dirt on Doug the Tool, VF Ministries, VF Inc, or all 3.

I know it sounds like a soap opera storyline, but stranger things have happened.

Jen specifically states that Doug the Tool quit or lost his position as Elder at BCA 9 months before he resigned his position as president of VF Ministries.

Interesting that BCA still had Doug listed on their website as Elder as recently as 2 days ago. Highly coincidental that they were too busy to update that item for the past 9 months, but VOILA! they have SUDDENLY found time update.

I totally agree with those who have said that we only are seeing the tip of the iceberg.

The Jens Gems post where she goes over the Ministry's tax return is fascinating. Any financial people here? Please do read it and tell us what you think.

The mininstry took in ~$2.6 MILLION dollars in donations, a whopping amount. Any chance that was from one particularly wealthy donor, like Leininger? It's doubtful whether Doug's undereducated minions and their families of 15 making do with single chicken breasts have that amount of spare change.

Then the ministry bought the Jonathan Park program from Vision Forum Inc for ~$600,000.

This transaction might be consistent with money being funneled from a wealthy donor through the ministry and into the pocket of Vision Forum Inc., whose sole owner is Doug Phillips. I don't know that to be the case of course, but it seems within the realm of the possible. Would appreciate hearing other opinions, especially from anyone who knows more about finance than I do.

Also, the CFO's (apparently) ex wife has a beef with Vision Forum. She was close to the CFO and may know a lot about VF's inner workings.

tx.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.20100831_0007780.TX.htm/qx

Hey INTERNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you are no longer being supervised by his highness, the manliest of menz.............. why not sign up for your own account and join the party????????

I am not tech savvy but I know you can use "bots" to change a website or blog.

When I google "Boerne Christian Assembly" the description below the title reads:

A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more.

Any thoughts about the bots?

Because I can't resist:

Phillipsian Rhapsody

Is this the real dope

Or just Doug’s fantasy?

Caught on a steep slope

Will he ever in power be?

Husband of Beall

Got caught, we can tell,

Must flee—

He is an Esquire

He needs our sympathy

Because he’s little straight, little gay,

Loves Hazardous Journeys play;

Worse than the Titanic

Is his current panic.

Dear me.

Papa, I [bleeped] a man,

Committed major fraud,

Now I’m crying out to Gawd.

Papa, gotta fix this mess—

So let’s blame it on a person in a dress!

Papa (oo-oo-oo-ooh),

Didn’t mean to let it out,

But folks got wind so we’re in spin-doctor mode:

Carry on, carry on—‘cause it doesn’t really matter.

Too late? Has my time come?

Have they found out the truth

Like with poor old Razing Ruth?

Goodbye—for a few weeks—I’ve got to go;

Gotta go be a Godly patriarch at home.

Papa (oo-oo-oo-ooh), I don’t wanna hide,

I’m too important to let the spotlight go--

I see a little anaconda on a man

Bradda-RICK! Bradda-RICK!

He’ll go anywhere this man goes!

Amazon and Iceland

And a very nice land—Greece!

(rush-a-doony!) RUSH-A-DOONY!

(rush-a-doony!) RUSH-A-DOONY!

(rush-a-doony!) What a show—

Come on, let’s go!

I’m quite a rich man; you gotta love me—

Got a nice beard/wife and a sweet family;

I don’t deserve this monstrosity!

Easy come, easy go?

Holy holy HELL, no!

Free Jinger! NO! You cannot make me go! (Let him go!)

Free Jinger! NO! You’re only ladies, so (Let him go!)—

(Let him go) I’ll never ever go—

(Let him go) For some [well, made-up] ho—

No, no, no, no!

Oh, Vision Forum, Vision Forum, Vision Forum, do not make me go—

Beall-zebub is a devil in the house, poor me! Poor me!

She will scorn me and just plain refuse to obey;

I’m her headship and I just can’t live this way!

Oh, Petey! God, how I miss you, Petey!

Just gotta get out—just gotta get out of this house!

(oo-oo-oo-ooh)

It won’t really matter

In a year or two

‘Cause folks really love me

Like leg-humping interns do.

(Any way the cash flows…*ching*)

Hane you have just won the entire internet forever. I've just put Bohemian Rhapsody on and sung those lyrics to it and they work perfectly!

I am not tech savvy but I know you can use "bots" to change a website or blog.

When I google "Boerne Christian Assembly" the description below the title reads:

Any thoughts about the bots?

Not totally sure (and Mr. No isn't aroundt to ask right now, he would know) but I think that's a code that prevents bots from crawling the site or page.

James McDonald getting all distance-y on Facebook: "Any man who believes that men are inherently 'better' than women has never met my bride. God's decreed polity in spheres of jurisdiction does not elevate the worth, dignity, or gifts of one gender over another."

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10202158557383906

Archived