IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST.

That woman needs a valium. Or ten. Or SOMETHING. I have literally never seen such a terrifying facebook page. I could wander around on hers for hours, but i'm a little scared of her.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a whole secondary market for items like this. A lot of times the eBay sellers have a relationship with area resale/thrift stores in that they get first dibs on items that come into the store. There is a lot of money in San Antonio, so some of the thrift stores likely get awesome donations of high end stuff. What usually happens is a good donation comes in and the shop worker calls the nanny and tells her about it. The nanny will go down to the store and beet into the back room and be allowed to take what she wanted. She pays for it (if she buys a lot she would be given s discount) then takes it home, cleans and sells on eBay. She is probably making at the least twice what she paid for it.

It's a good way to make cash if you have the right relationships. However it's a pretty competitive business. But not a bad one for a SAHD who wants to make some extra ca$h.

I know someone who does this with high-end designer ready to wear. She has a wholesaler who sells of lots of new and high-end consignment quality used clothes at a per pound price and she resells, usually for more per auction than she pays for the whole lot. She makes about $50,000 per year doing this part-time and works a part-time retail job for benefits. The clothes are all real- they are just too old on context of season/year to even be sold at places like Marshall's. This is also how stores like Tuesday Morning get their merchandise

Why do Doug the tool and Beall have a nanny anyway? Isn't it Beall's job to take care of and "educate" however many blessings God chooses to bestow upon them?

That is a very good point........

I know someone who does this with high-end designer ready to wear. She has a wholesaler who sells of lots of new and high-end consignment quality used clothes at a per pound price and she resells, usually for more per auction than she pays for the whole lot. She makes about $50,000 per year doing this part-time and works a part-time retail job for benefits. The clothes are all real- they are just too old on context of season/year to even be sold at places like Marshall's. This is also how stores like Tuesday Morning get their merchandise

Sounds like Proverbs 31 to me, ladies!

JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST.

That woman needs a valium. Or ten. Or SOMETHING. I have literally never seen such a terrifying facebook page. I could wander around on hers for hours, but i'm a little scared of her.

She needs therapy. Christ. She and Mark probably "meticulously document ways of killing people" together. I mean, hey, they sound perfect for each other, but one of them is going to end up visiting the other in prison...

That is a very good point........

It's apparently common in VF aristocracy to have hiredfree help. Jennie Chancey, she of the African fair-trade (?) rag business, I'll never forget the image of her on a train in the English countryside, musingly looking out a window as she journeyed yon & hither. Where was/were her youngest? Out of camera range, with a nanny - a girl whose VF parents had been thrilled to "let" their child accompany JC on a trip for no pay; I'll leave it to the imagination who paid the nanny's way.

That was Edwin Edwards but he said he could win even if he was caught, I believe. :wtf:

Ah yes....Governor Edwards. In prison for several years, released, and now has his own reality TV show. A good role model for Doug Phillips is a tool.

And by the time everything hit the fan, they had invested so much in this organization and had wanted so much to make it work for themselves, that they couldn't or wouldn't give it up. It was like admitting failure.

I read Jen's Gems word-for-word the first time, and browsed them again a few years later, along with some commentary on her and her ex- and their children (one of whom, if memory serves, has a disability).

Came away with the impression that they both had grown up in fairly tumultuous families and that each had done a fair share of rough living when they came to Christianity. In cases like theirs, the allure of a demanding, structured, authoritarian church body is much stronger than that of a welcoming, accepting, live-and-let-live congregation. Again if memory serves, both of them had enlisted in the armed forces for the structure and discipline that life requires.

Also read somewhere that at some point, Jen and Mark pursued Doug et.al. so ferociously because they wanted to leave Boerne "properly", ie, with acknowledgments that the congregation was releasing them in a .... guess you would call it, more civilized manner than excommunication.

Speaking of Doug's minions packing heat, as one blogger suggested -- I've no idea if that's true, but one of my earliest impressions of Patriarchialism was Jen's account of being prevented by BRADRICK and others from entering a San Antonio convention hall to talk with Doug about her desire for a clean break [sic] from Boerne. Bunch of young studlies standing tall and square against a woman and her minor children, oooo, I'm impressed. (I'm not)

It's apparently common in VF aristocracy to have hiredfree help. Jennie Chancey, she of the African fair-trade (?) rag business, I'll never forget the image of her on a train in the English countryside, musingly looking out a window as she journeyed yon & hither. Where was/were her youngest? Out of camera range, with a nanny - a girl whose VF parents had been thrilled to "let" their child accompany JC on a trip for no pay; I'll leave it to the imagination who paid the nanny's way.

I imagine they consider it to be the female equivalent of a VF "internship": you have the opportunity, no, privilege to serve God's anointed people by changing diapers, toting shopping bags, cleaning, cooking, wiping snotty noses, and relieving these special people of the mundane tasks which might interfere with their Walk With The Lord. You expect Doug Phillips (who is a tool) and his God-appointed helpmeet to be troubled by these trivialities?

Doug Phillips: still a tool.

I guess Mark is back to being Jewish. Allow me to introduce you to his lovely wife, Sarai:

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=527808337312331&set=pb.100002495098599.-2207520000.1383603273.&type=3&theater

What luck that such a pleasant and amiable lady as Sarai was even available when Mark searched for a new bride. Men near and far should have been all over her by then, since she is one of those few women - a self-hating asshole - who deserves sympathy.

But then maybe some of the MRAs see through to her true nature: It’s hard to believe someone is genuinely “pro-life†who, rather than rejoicing at the creation of a new life regardless of circumstance, instead tars the woman as a whore and treats the fetus as a punishment: The fetus may belong in part to a man, according to Sarai, but the insults for creating that new life are all aimed at the woman.

I can't imagine Doug being a sugar daddy who showers his mistress (but not in the Biblical sense) with expensive gifts. I think he's too cheap with money and especially wouldn't spend it on a woman. If the mistress (but not in the Biblical sense) is indeed a member of his church - when is she going to carry a $1500 bag without people becoming suspicious? I also think that Doug the Tool is so self absorbed that he thinks that his evangelical wisdom, bravery shown on his hazardous journeys and manly stance is all any woman can desire anyway.

What woman would lust for designer handbags when you can have a romp (but not in the Biblical sense) with a manly, five feet tall anaconda hunter?

All of this. C'mon, friends, we have no idea who the woman in question is - or if she even actually exists - and we're bashing one of the few women in VF whose life is probably more like most of ours, than it is like any of the other VF royalty in that film? (Big Papa never took me to a daddy-daughter dance and in his last days was sharp enough to know not to let *my* trembling hands anywhere near his neck with a Bic shaver! "The hospice aide will be here, soon, June," he said. :hand: "Back away from the razor.")

Those of you who haven't seen Return of the Daughters, it's worth the trouble of bugging your local lending library to ferret out a copy. When I told mine about the patriarchy and subjugation of women, they obtained it on inter-library loan within the week.

Every single bit of the thing (other than the talking-heads of a patriarch or an evil liberated feminist woman) is presented in slow-motion. And most of the scenes, if memory serves, are soft-focused.

Why would they do that? To make the lot of the SAHD literally appear "dreamy"? In a great display of irony, in one of her own webinars, AS & E's mother, Victoria, chastises parents who call their daughter their "princess." Victoria snipes that princesses were beleaguered pawns who ended up in loveless marriages or in lifelong prisons more often than not.

Meanwhile, her daughters' movie attempts to paint the SAHD ideal as one of gauzy, floaty perfection.

Curs, the lot of them. And none more churlish than Doug Phillips, Esq ... Extra special quillholder? Evidently somewhat querulous? Esquire, my foot.

I'm assuming the Esq was a title bestowed upon him by the native Amazonian tribe he met on one of his manly romps. It means 'tool' in their language

I'm assuming the Esq was a title bestowed upon him by the native Amazonian tribe he met on one of his manly romps. It means 'tool' in their language

Me likey! (Sometimes clicking the "like" button just doesn't seem like enough.) :dance:

Notice how in this thread, Jen slips and calls a commenter who calls himself both Gideon TheReaper Eilat and Gid'on Eilat "Mark." Yep, it's ex-hubby Mark Epstein. Click on his new name to see his FB page; his new, extremely right-wing wife; and plenty of evidence that he's just as bat-shit crazy as he ever was.

jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/10/31/the-heavy-burden-of-doug-phillips-legalism-leads-to-his-resignation-from-vision-forum/

Oh, don't get me wrong. I believe everything Jen says about Doug and Beall. But just because Doug and Beall are bad people it does not mean that Jen and Mark are pillars of stability.

ETA: I guess Mark is back to being Jewish. Allow me to introduce you to his lovely wife, Sarai:

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=527808337312331&set=pb.100002495098599.-2207520000.1383603273.&type=3&theater

Anyone brave enough to call during Sarai's radio program? Erma, maybe?

Thank you. I feel the exact same way. I feel awful for her, whomever she is, and hope she can keep some small amount of privacy in this whole mess.

I don't feel bad for her. You don't go with another woman's man. It causes heartache to the innocent parties, some of whom are children.

I don't feel bad for her. You don't go with another woman's man. It causes heartache to the innocent parties, some of whom are children.

This assumes that it wasn't big time sexual harassment, as opposed to her jumping at the chance to be jumped by Doug and his tool. And also assumes that the guy who sets off gaydar sea to sea really did have a fling with a woman....

ETA: I guess Mark is back to being Jewish. Allow me to introduce you to his lovely wife, Sarai:

Well isn't she just a precious little rosebud.

Yes, one should not commit infidelity or participate in infidelity with others. However, if one does they shouldn't be damaged goods with a Scarlet A or subjected to even more patriarchal bullshit abuse. But I bet she is. I can condemn her for her actions if she took them willingly and still feel bad for the unreasonable consequences.

Especially since Doug Philips is a philandering tool still gets to nurture his wife and children.

I think infidelity is a terrible thing that causes deep emotional rifts in families. However, it is something that also happens quite easily and often without deliberation. And it isn't my sin to forgive, those they wronged are only their spouses and their children. The sin I judge Doug for is the sin I have been judging him for since I heard of him which is hate.

Yes, one should not commit infidelity or participate in infidelity with others. However, if one does they shouldn't be damaged goods with a Scarlet A or subjected to even more patriarchal bullshit abuse. But I bet she is. I can condemn her for her actions if she took them willingly and still feel bad for the unreasonable consequences.

Especially since Doug Philips is a philandering tool still gets to nurture his wife and children.

I think infidelity is a terrible thing that causes deep emotional rifts in families. However, it is something that also happens quite easily and often without deliberation. And it isn't my sin to forgive, those they wronged are only their spouses and their children. The sin I judge Doug for is the sin I have been judging him for since I heard of him which is hate.

I don't feel bad for the consequences that either of them receive. My ex husband's affair put my kids through a lot of heartache. I was there through all their tears and trauma, and it wasn't pretty. We were a close family and this came out of nowhere. I also had to "teach" them everything all over again so they didn't repeat any cycles or have unhealthy relationships with the opposite sex. My kids are all over the age of 18 now and I still feel at times like I am mothering children. I am still guiding them with relationship advice on things that they should know by now. It leaves scars on the kids.

I don't feel bad for the consequences that either of them receive. My ex husband's affair put my kids through a lot of heartache. I was there through all their tears and trauma, and it wasn't pretty. We were a close family and this came out of nowhere. I also had to "teach" them everything all over again so they didn't repeat any cycles or have unhealthy relationships with the opposite sex. My kids are all over the age of 18 now and I still feel at times like I am mothering children. I am still guiding them with relationship advice on things that they should know by now. It leaves scars on the kids.

Well I feel the consequences for women in a patriarchal community are inappropriate and wrong,

Curs, the lot of them. And none more churlish than Doug Phillips, Esq ... Extra special quillholder? Evidently somewhat querulous? Esquire, my foot.

How about Egotist's Stance Queenlike??

Am I alone in waiting for the other shoe to drop? I feel that this is just the tip of the iceberg and that there is so much more.

Archived