IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

There is a whole secondary market for items like this. A lot of times the eBay sellers have a relationship with area resale/thrift stores in that they get first dibs on items that come into the store. There is a lot of money in San Antonio, so some of the thrift stores likely get awesome donations of high end stuff. What usually happens is a good donation comes in and the shop worker calls the nanny and tells her about it. The nanny will go down to the store and beet into the back room and be allowed to take what she wanted. She pays for it (if she buys a lot she would be given s discount) then takes it home, cleans and sells on eBay. She is probably making at the least twice what she paid for it.

It's a good way to make cash if you have the right relationships. However it's a pretty competitive business. But not a bad one for a SAHD who wants to make some extra ca$h.

I had no idea it worked like that, thanks for the information! It must be nice to live in an area where you can find LV bags at the thriftshop. :)

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt the bags were Beall's. Look at her about me section. That was her ebay store.

Yes I know that. Hence I said she was tasked with selling them.

I almost think you haven't seen this sort of eBay flipping before.

There is a whole secondary market for items like this. A lot of times the eBay sellers have a relationship with area resale/thrift stores in that they get first dibs on items that come into the store. There is a lot of money in San Antonio, so some of the thrift stores likely get awesome donations of high end stuff. What usually happens is a good donation comes in and the shop worker calls the nanny and tells her about it. The nanny will go down to the store and beet into the back room and be allowed to take what she wanted. She pays for it (if she buys a lot she would be given s discount) then takes it home, cleans and sells on eBay. She is probably making at the least twice what she paid for it.

It's a good way to make cash if you have the right relationships. However it's a pretty competitive business. But not a bad one for a SAHD who wants to make some extra ca$h.

That is what I would assume was happening too. I think this is her side business and the way she makes money while still being self-employed, not really working outside the home, not working for a man, and blah blah blah and all their other stupid rules.

When I said they were bealls bags I did not mean she carried them but rather she wS also engaged in buying them on the front end and then tasking her nanny to sell them on eBay.

Of all the things that are crazy suspicious I can't believe suddenly this nanny is the devil because she is flipping bags on eBay. There is no evidence that she actually was using these bags. And there is no recent feedback either as I recall when I also googled her name and found it. And she had what 150 feedback total?

Based on that I think she found a sweet cache of bags, sold them and made money. I hardly think this proves it was her and she was a woman with a sugar daddy.

I can't imagine Doug being a sugar daddy who showers his mistress (but not in the Biblical sense) with expensive gifts. I think he's too cheap with money and especially wouldn't spend it on a woman. If the mistress (but not in the Biblical sense) is indeed a member of his church - when is she going to carry a $1500 bag without people becoming suspicious? I also think that Doug the Tool is so self absorbed that he thinks that his evangelical wisdom, bravery shown on his hazardous journeys and manly stance is all any woman can desire anyway.

What woman would lust for designer handbags when you can have a romp (but not in the Biblical sense) with a manly, five feet tall anaconda hunter?

I live in the area and you are correct about the thrift stores in San Antonio and Austin. Also there is money in some of the small towns around here too. But there is also the outlet mall where I know people are buying things to resell on e-bay at higher prices. I've seen them doing it and I've done it myself.

Perhaps an urban myth, but a politician in a very, very safe seat was supposed to have said, "As long as I'm not caught with a dead girl or a live boy, I'm safe."

Just sayin.....

That was Edwin Edwards but he said he could win even if he was caught, I believe. :wtf:

When I said they were bealls bags I did not mean she carried them but rather she wS also engaged in buying them on the front end and then tasking her nanny to sell them on eBay.

Of all the things that are crazy suspicious I can't believe suddenly this nanny is the devil because she is flipping bags on eBay. There is no evidence that she actually was using these bags. And there is no recent feedback either as I recall when I also googled her name and found it. And she had what 150 feedback total?

Based on that I think she found a sweet cache of bags, sold them and made money. I hardly think this proves it was her and she was a woman with a sugar daddy.

Agree. Her Ebay store doesn't prove any connection with Dougie's resignation, nor prove that she's anything less than a well-meaning nanny.

If you look at the dates of items she's sold, she doesn't sell things that often. I'm guessing she has an "in" for picking up high-end handbags and such (maybe selling for someone she knows, maybe picking them up second-hand), and is just making a little money here and there on Ebay from them. I'd do the same thing myself!

Are we even sure it is her eBay store? Sorry if thats already been confirmed.

If it is Lourdes, then she was a member of his church and his employee, which makes him a real scum bag. What makes him an even biggger scum bag is that the Torres family is one of the poorer families in the VF inner circle, and Im pretty sure her dad works for VF. I wonder how much choice a sheltered young woman like that, who wasbrought up in that belief system had in the matter. Who was she supposed to go to if anything Doug Phillips did made her uncomfortable or was not consensual?

I'm catching up from over the weekend, but I do remember Lourdes's segment on Return of the Daughters, and how AS/E's voiceover pointed out that she lived in a mobile home. I thought that was a shitty thing to do. Not that there's anything bad about living in a mobile home or trailer, just that it's generally seen as lower class, and VF is so focused on upper-classness that it sends a hell of a signal out to the viewer. Not cool.

Much like our favorite tool, I am quite interested in fashion, etiquette, and the etiquette of fashion. In the Super Ultra Mega America Conference picture, Dougie is wearing what appears to be a white or cream linen suit, while the woman being presented seems to be wearing a black dress that is made out of velvet or some other heavy, wintery fabric. SOMEONE IS DRESSED IMPROPERLY! This shall not stand. I must know if this picture was taken between Memorial Day and Labor Day, thus exonerating Doug from a scandalous crime of fashion, and placing the blame squarely on the modestly (yet out of seasonally) clad woman.

After all, it's ok to lie, steal, and cheat, but god forbid that Doug violate rules of dress while doing so. :naughty:

Nice catch! My theory, believing as I do in Doug's sartorial omnipotence, is that immediately after this ceremony he was whisked away to a manly adventure in South Africa to look for anacondas. So he's 1) dressed for safari & 2) dressed for southern hemisphere summer. How dare you doubt him?

ETA (I know that anacondas are from S Amer. I just figure Doug pays as much attention to geographical accuracy as he does to historical accuracy. Anyway, the kind of anacondas he's hunting are found all over the place -- often, strangely enough, in pews)

Since Doug Phillips, Tool, Esquire, Patriarch, and (former) Head of Vision Forum is the guilty party, I'm not sure why anyone is trying to out his mistress. She probably has a scarlet letter on her at home and at Doug's church anyway.

I'm catching up from over the weekend, but I do remember Lourdes's segment on Return of the Daughters, and how AS/E's voiceover pointed out that she lived in a mobile home. I thought that was a shitty thing to do. Not that there's anything bad about living in a mobile home or trailer, just that it's generally seen as lower class, and VF is so focused on upper-classness that it sends a hell of a signal out to the viewer. Not cool.

Lourdes was the only one on that video who seemed like she really had her own personality. My hope is that if Doug did come on to her, she would have enough spunk to tell him to shove it (somewhere else). She'd be the only one of the VF "girls" I've ever seen who might be able to muster up the courage to go against the End-all Patriarch.

Since Doug Phillips, Tool, Esquire, Patriarch, and (former) Head of Vision Forum is the guilty party, I'm not sure why anyone is trying to out his mistress. She probably has a scarlet letter on her at home and at Doug's church anyway.

Thank you. I feel the exact same way. I feel awful for her, whomever she is, and hope she can keep some small amount of privacy in this whole mess.

Lourdes was the only one on that video who seemed like she really had her own personality. My hope is that if Doug did come on to her, she would have enough spunk to tell him to shove it (somewhere else). She'd be the only one of the VF "girls" I've ever seen who might be able to muster up the courage to go against the End-all Patriarch.

I thought so too. All the other young women were really only shown decorating, sewing, cooking, cleaning, dressed up at the father-daughter tea party thing, and in Kelly's case getting married. Lourdes was shown at a shooting range, running a power saw with her dad, and actually helping and working among people living in poverty in Mexico (something I'd be willing to bet most of the people who work at VF and Dougie's leghumpers have never done). I know they were making a point of "look, here's one who's not such a girly-girl", but she did seem to have more of a spark.

Re Marian's excerpt re Jennifer Epstein and the Phillipses, above: I can't wrap my head around Jen's voluntary involvement in the BCA and her striving to conform with its teachings, when there are so many Christian churches that are--oh, heck--far less fucked up than this one.

I mean, I can understand feeling trapped in one's religion of origin, or even in that of one's spouse, but Jen and her husband actively sought out BCA and fought to remain a part of it in the face of horrendous emotional abuse.

They wanted a demanding religion, I think; one that meant more than just a social club. By the time they realized what their church was, and what they themselves had become in conforming to its values, they were already eye-deep in bullshit - and they likely still would be, had Doug Phillips not excommunicated them.

They wanted a demanding religion, I think; one that meant more than just a social club. By the time they realized what their church was, and what they themselves had become in conforming to its values, they were already eye-deep in bullshit - and they likely still would be, had Doug Phillips not excommunicated them.

And by the time everything hit the fan, they had invested so much in this organization and had wanted so much to make it work for themselves, that they couldn't or wouldn't give it up. It was like admitting failure.

A perfect example of "be careful what you wish for."

So if Jen had been powerful in Doug's church, like another Beall, I guess she wouldn't have had a problem with it?

Notice how in this thread, Jen slips and calls a commenter who calls himself both Gideon TheReaper Eilat and Gid'on Eilat "Mark." Yep, it's ex-hubby Mark Epstein. Click on his new name to see his FB page; his new, extremely right-wing wife; and plenty of evidence that he's just as bat-shit crazy as he ever was.

jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/10/31/the-heavy-burden-of-doug-phillips-legalism-leads-to-his-resignation-from-vision-forum/

Oh, don't get me wrong. I believe everything Jen says about Doug and Beall. But just because Doug and Beall are bad people it does not mean that Jen and Mark are pillars of stability.

ETA: I guess Mark is back to being Jewish. Allow me to introduce you to his lovely wife, Sarai:

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=527808337312331&set=pb.100002495098599.-2207520000.1383603273.&type=3&theater

Notice how in this thread, Jen slips and calls a commenter who calls himself both Gideon TheReaper Eilat and Gid'on Eilat "Mark." Yep, it's ex-hubby Mark Epstein. Click on his new name to see his FB page; his new, extremely right-wing wife; and plenty of evidence that he's just as bat-shit crazy as he ever was.

What a peach she is!

jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/10/31/the-heavy-burden-of-doug-phillips-legalism-leads-to-his-resignation-from-vision-forum/

Oh, don't get me wrong. I believe everything Jen says about Doug and Beall. But just because Doug and Beall are bad people it does not mean that Jen and Mark are pillars of stability.

ETA: I guess Mark is back to being Jewish. Allow me to introduce you to his lovely wife, Sarai:

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=527808337312331&set=pb.100002495098599.-2207520000.1383603273.&type=3&theater

That Sarai--what a charmer! I think I need to shower for a couple of hours after looking at her FB page. And here I thought Mark, excuse me Gi'don, was kind of extreme...

Doug Phillips is a tool. Still.

Right Wing Watch knows that Doug Phillips is a tool: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/a ... tal-affair (Not breaking link because it's right wing watch).

"De-fund the komen foundation" shared it on facebook! I'm so happy news of his fuck-up has reached the ears of mainstream progressive groups.

Also, whoa, I didn't know that the Epsteins finally got divorced. Or maybe I did know. I have read Quiverfull, but the details have slipped from my memory.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Vision Forum is a cult.

Lori Alexander is a monster.

Why do Doug the tool and Beall have a nanny anyway? Isn't it Beall's job to take care of and "educate" however many blessings God chooses to bestow upon them?

Archived