IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

And I'm finding more pictures on facebook:

scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/32625_599283093421659_1108322256_n.jpg

and

scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/485847_10150718306003962_1346425305_n.jpg

hoo boy.

That second picture brings this to mind: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/7cd2e1 ... uncensored

Edited to use the real video instead of someone recording from their tv. :)

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But it could also be because she doesn't even exist.

Bingo.

These asshats obviously believe that a pseudo-affair with a non-existent woman is a lot more palatable than whatever really happened.

And then there's the money...

Doug Philips Is A Tool

Bingo.

These asshats obviously believe that a pseudo-affair with a non-existent woman is a lot more palatable than whatever really happened.

And then there's the money...

Doug Philips Is A Tool

Long term relationship with his left hand and Vanna White?

Did you do policy debate? If so read the lyrics and consider speed, da's that alwSy end up on nuclear war, time,met .

No, Lincoln-Douglas. That's probably why I don't get it. :D Thanks!

I think by the end of the week, we'll have floated the name of every female associated with VF. :lol: I don't expect it to take too long to find out who it is. Church groups like this are notably gossipy, and with such an online presence, I'm sure we'll have a pretty good idea of the real story soon.

Or maybe KISA could come back and clue us in? Pretty please?

First time poster - this is major news and I wanted to join in! This isn't the same woman.

Thank you for your help, danniesgirl. The woman pictured onstage with Phillips at the History of America Mega-Conference is NOT Tracy Leininger Craven.

I am generally a very curious person, but I find myself actually dreading finding out who it is (if there actually is a woman).

I know it takes two to tango, but the idea of the fiduciary relationship keeps popping into my mind. Even in an egalitarian church, organization or school, leaders/teachers/clergy need to be responsible not to take advantage of the power differential.

In a sexist organization like VF, and with Doug being THE high mucky-muck (big kahuna mikado grand high exalted mystic ruler of the International Order of Friendly Sons of the Raccoons ;) ), if there was a woman, she was probably not leading that tango.

And I still think the letter reads like boilerplate (official "I have sinned, please forgive me" speech #47), and is mostly a cover-up for something much worse.

I just hope that Dougie doesn't bounce all the way back up like a jolly bearded tennis ball, and get to resume being worshiped and petted.

:evil-eye:

I was starting to feel for his kids and their eventual marriage possibilities (what Good Christian Patriarch would let his son or daughter marry the child of such a besmirched family?), but I can't help think that, given a little time, Dougie, like any other disgraced clergyman or politician with the right ties, will eventually come up smelling like a rose, and all will be OK at least for Joshua Titus.

But a flat-out crash-and-burn for Dougie could eventually propel his younger kids out into the Real World, so there might be some hope.

I think by the end of the week, we'll have floated the name of every female associated with VF. :lol: I don't expect it to take too long to find out who it is. Church groups like this are notably gossipy, and with such an online presence, I'm sure we'll have a pretty good idea of the real story soon.

Or maybe KISA could come back and clue us in? Pretty please?

Perhaps KISA was really a lady.....

But would Doug have posted about this woman and her book on both his blog and VF's Facebook post as recently as October 25th if indeed she was the problem? Doubtful.

Obviously, I don't think his refusal to name the woman is surprising, but in his resignation letter he doesn't even apologize to her or ask his followers to pray for her. He wants it known that he was "romantically" involved with a woman, but then acts as if... she doesn't even exist.

Now, yes, that could be because "he's a lawyer." Or because Beall's in some kind of rage. Or because women aren't fully human to him. But it could also be because she doesn't even exist.

My favorite troll has a very good point here. It's entirely likely there was no paramour of either sex, and we are wasting energy proposing this or that candidate. Someone with mad snoop skillz (and more know-how about accessing financials) will be very valuable in monitoring what's going on in the biz end of VF (pardon the expression, heh heh).

VF Inc is publicly traded? Is that the significance of "Inc" in this case? If so, lots of forms should be available, should they not? If Phillips indeed resigned as elder of Boerne church (in Doug-world, elder=pastor, right?) 10 months ago, there may be a trail of info, veiled though it be.

That's where I'm gonna put my puny investigatory efforts.

Grin Of The Day: the notorious Doug Wilson in Idaho scoffed at a discussion as being the work of angry females and effeminate men. Cracks me up, how a guy can tell from a blog reply how feminine or masculine an unseen, anonymous commentator is.

Indeed, these fellas consider themselves darn near omniscient, don't they?

Stacy under Doug Wilson's post about the matter:

"The man has a large family to support. He willingly stepped down from ministry for crying out loud. Now people want to criticize him for not quitting his job - his only livelihood at this point. Do they want him out on the street? If nothing else, consider his wife and children. Aren't they suffering enough from personal hurt AND public humiliation? Wow."

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/doug-philips-resignation-from-vision-forum.html#comments

You know, a part of me thinks that James and Stacy are secretly guilty of the very same "glee" over this scandal that they accuse others of having. While many Dominionists have exercised discretion, the McDonalds seemingly couldn't get their FB posts up about it fast enough. And if you were around back in 2008, you'll remember just how bad their falling out with Doug was. James went off the Constitution Party reservation and voted for McCain/Palin because he thought they had a better chance of winning (duh), enraging Doug because Sarah has a vadge. Stacy said she was so depressed she could barely function for weeks!

TOTALLY agree about this. Stacy and James McDonald are two of THE most judgemental Fundies I could possibly think of and I feel like they are protesting just a littttllleee too much. I know that S & J have been critical of Doug and VF in the past (in their typical passive-aggressively smug way) especially when it pertains to Dougie going on all of these "adventures" and seemingly encouraging the young men in their world to go with him instead of staying in their local churches and marrying those young ladies. Both S & J haven't been shy about making FB posts on this topic and it's been very obvious who they were blaming. So the fact that they have been so quick to defend DP makes me think they feel guilty AND of course... can't resist an opportunity to "teach" other Fundies since they are experts in everything.

Linked on Jen's blog. Is this take on Dougie's resignation one of you? biblicalsex.wordpress.com

It took me a few minutes to figure out that this blog was satirical.

It is, right?

RIGHT??

It took me a few minutes to figure out that this blog was satirical.

It is, right?

RIGHT??

Loving that blog, I hope its creators keep adding to it.

Loving that blog, I hope its creators keep adding to it.

Painfully funny. I love how straight-faced they are about the fundie "logic" carried to the extreme.

Perhaps KISA was really a lady.....

lol no, he was genuinely of the male persuasion. I'm a bit disappointed in snooping on his FB, though, that I can't find anything addressing Doug-O-Ween. It would be kinda cool if he had info to post here for us.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez check out the nanny's ebay. What stay at home daughter/nanny could afford that stuff? She had better bags than I did. Someone had herself a sugar daddy. feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=the*treasure*maiden&ftab=AllFeedback

lol no, he was genuinely of the male persuasion. I'm a bit disappointed in snooping on his FB, though, that I can't find anything addressing Doug-O-Ween. It would be kinda cool if he had info to post here for us.

Wait, did I miss something?? We know who KISA is? Please fill me in?? :pink-shock:

According to guidestar.org, Vision Forum Ministries is registered with the IRS as a non-profit. Link to their IRS Form 990 from 2011 (the latest year Guidestar has):

guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2011/742/984/2011-742984736-08cd5f98-9.pdf

In a nutshell - 2011 total revenue was $3,345,150; total expenses were $1,734,985.

According to guidestar.org, Vision Forum Ministries is registered with the IRS as a non-profit. Link to their IRS Form 990 from 2011 (the latest year Guidestar has):

guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2011/742/984/2011-742984736-08cd5f98-9.pdf

In a nutshell - 2011 total revenue was $3,345,150; total expenses were $1,734,985.

How the heck are they making that much money?!

After reading that Doug the tool has armed guards to keep is interns and sheeple from spreading gossip about him, I think it's best that this woman's is never outed.

Wait, did I miss something?? We know who KISA is? Please fill me in?? :pink-shock:

I figured it out (with like 99.9% certainty) due to some fortuitous coincidences - or perhaps God was telling him to stop gossiping? Anyway, like everyone I'd been following the thread breathlessly, and for a couple days on FB I kept getting this "friend suggestion" (you know, where FB says, so-and-so is friends with XXX, you should friend them too!) and I just had this spidey sense. I PM'd him a couple times, he gave me a few more details, and boom! I matched up the info and the FB person and KISA matched perfectly. I will not say how many friends I do or do not have in common with him, since I hope he does not figure MY identity out, but I do know who it is. I think I scared him away when I addressed him by name in a PM (sorry! Didn't mean to spoil the fun)

Perhaps an urban myth, but a politician in a very, very safe seat was supposed to have said, "As long as I'm not caught with a dead girl or a live boy, I'm safe."

Just sayin.....

It's not an urban legend. Former governor Edwin Edwards of Louisiana said this during his re-election bid against David Treen in 1983. Edwards won, of course.

There's a new show on A&E called The Governor's Wife about Edwards' marriage to a Trina Scott, 51 years his junior.

From his wikipedia page, I'd say that Edwards is a real character. "Vote for the crook. It's important." and "Vote for the Lizard; not the Wizard" were two bumperstickers seen when Edwards's runoff opponent in the governor's race in 1991 turned out to be David Duke, former Grand Wizard of the KKK. Fortunately, Edwards won the runoff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Edwards

Much like our favorite tool, I am quite interested in fashion, etiquette, and the etiquette of fashion. In the Super Ultra Mega America Conference picture, Dougie is wearing what appears to be a white or cream linen suit, while the woman being presented seems to be wearing a black dress that is made out of velvet or some other heavy, wintery fabric. SOMEONE IS DRESSED IMPROPERLY! This shall not stand. I must know if this picture was taken between Memorial Day and Labor Day, thus exonerating Doug from a scandalous crime of fashion, and placing the blame squarely on the modestly (yet out of seasonally) clad woman.

After all, it's ok to lie, steal, and cheat, but god forbid that Doug violate rules of dress while doing so. :naughty:

Archived