IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

I can't believe that J'Chelle and Boob and the TLC idiots filmed other people's babies. They deserve privacy. They didn't ask to be a part of their circus. I bet Sarah Pope was not happy when she knew that J'Chelle came with a camera crew. They have no respect for others wants or wishes. It's all about them, and the money they make from the exploitation of others.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure they had to sign a release to be filmed?

One would think...though if I was a tired, terrified mom of a baby in the NICU and a film crew came along with a release for a show featuring a high-profile donator to the hospital, I believe I'd feel inclined to 'go with the flow'. Also, I'm sure the production company and crew are total pros at writing releases and explaining things so that people are encouraged to not worry and sign.

One would think...though if I was a tired, terrified mom of a baby in the NICU and a film crew came along with a release for a show featuring a high-profile donator to the hospital, I believe I'd feel inclined to 'go with the flow'. Also, I'm sure the production company and crew are total pros at writing releases and explaining things so that people are encouraged to not worry and sign.

I could totally see exactly what you suggested happening. :cry:

As to the bolded....WTF? Grown ass women are comparing taking care of their siblings to playing with dolls? :shock: I'm probably going to take a lot of heat for what I'm about to say, but I hope none of the Duggar women have kids. Not with that attitude anyway.

Siblings are not dolls! Dolls you can throw down the stairs without it getting hurt. Dolls you can always put aside when you get bored without worrying that the doll will get hungry. There's a huge difference between dolls and little siblings.

Siblings are not dolls! Dolls you can throw down the stairs without it getting hurt. Dolls you can always put aside when you get bored without worrying that the doll will get hungry. There's a huge difference between dolls and little siblings.

Every once in a while, I see something on the show that really drives home to me the reality of these kids' lives. One such moment was during the show about the trip to the Creation Museum, which was head-scratcher enough. In one scene, Michelle was answering questions, and behind her, in the background, was one of the girls, probably about 13 or 14, spooning food from a jar into the mouth of one of the babies, who was sitting in a stroller. It really struck me to see this half-grown child in a role that most certainly should have (in my mind) been filled by the baby's parent while her siblings toured the museum and her mother talked to the camera crew.

J'Chelle doesn't care for her kids once they pass the age of six months. She's already pregnant with the next blessing by then. She thrives on the attention that she gets while pregnant.

Yes I can easily imagine if you are a tired, anxious mom of a premmie when the hospital administrator and some of the nurses urged you to sign a release form so that the hospital can be shown on TV, you would do anything they asked. Who would have the strength to say "No"?

I can see where an exhausted parent of a NICU preemie might be interested in signing if there was some compensation to be awarded, but based on personal experience, I've never seen either nurses or hospital admins urge patients to sign release forms for filming or pictures. That's usually left up to individual patient families to consent. Hospital workers tend to be way too busy to regulate stuff like that, beyond initial approval for being there, and nurses (and patient parents) tend to get really annoyed when celebrities turn up because it just slows things down - ordering medicines, administering blood tests and patient vitals, and charting all tend to take much longer to get done when celebrities and their entourages turn up for pictures and filming.

The entourage part is the worst of it. Usually consisting of police officers and other hangers-on, these are the people who do things like barricading 1/2 the available elevators on a floor, and physically stopping you from crossing to a section of the hospital floor that you need to go to, sometimes to reach your own sick child, simply because you, the great unwashed, happened to stray a little too near to the hallowed, august glory of "the celebrities" while they were filming.

Yeah, you can tell I'm not a fan of this type of thing. It might be different since it's NICU, I've never seen any shots of NICU when Josie was born where lots of people were crowding the floor, but then again, all of that might have been edited for television. I do agree that it's more likely that many patient families were strong-armed into signing because the Duggars have their own nationally syndicated television show. There would be greater interest on the part of the network in having these families conform because the Duggars are "bigger" celebrities. If it was local celebrities, the hospital and networks wouldn't care as much.

I'm sure they had to sign a release to be filmed?

And maybe a little money from TLC. I could totally see parents who have babies in the NICU asking for money in exchange for being filmed. Having a baby in the NICU causes other financial problems than just the medical bills. If I were in that position, I would do it.

Happy Birthday Jinger-the first Duggar I was able to recognise. :)

Another of Michelle's kids who is no longer a teenager. She must be panicking, and trying to find the secret to have them all be babies again...

Happy Birthday Jinger! May you finally find freedom this year (but not in marriage where you'll pop out a kid every year until you're 45).

Happy Birthday Jinger-the first Duggar I was able to recognise. :)

Another of Michelle's kids who is no longer a teenager. She must be panicking, and trying to find the secret to have them all be babies again...

First? Jinger was one of the last I learnt to recognise as I couldn't tell her and Jessa apart.

Jinger, I wish you a great day and a fantastic year. Use it to start learning who you are, independant of your parents, as every young adult should. You may stay fundy, you may become even fundy-er or you may become more liberal but whatever you do, let it be your choice. (Gee I wish I could say that to Jinger in person.)

And maybe a little money from TLC. I could totally see parents who have babies in the NICU asking for money in exchange for being filmed. Having a baby in the NICU causes other financial problems than just the medical bills. If I were in that position, I would do it.

Yup. My parents went bankrupt due to my stay - and mine was only three days long. I could see my parents having done that just for my short stay - the financial strain on them had it been longer? Yeah, they would have jumped on the chance.

First? Jinger was one of the last I learnt to recognise as I couldn't tell her and Jessa apart.

Jinger, I wish you a great day and a fantastic year. Use it to start learning who you are, independant of your parents, as every young adult should. You may stay fundy, you may become even fundy-er or you may become more liberal but whatever you do, let it be your choice. (Gee I wish I could say that to Jinger in person.)

I always found her the easiest to identify-her hair is darker and always more curly than her sisters, and she does some really weird facial expressions. Also recently she is the most orange, as she loves fake tan.

I think Jessa and Jinger are the most similar in personality though, they both seem kinda snarky and generally look the most displeased at any dumb stuff their parents try and make them do.

I couldn't tell Jessa and Jana apart for ages, but I can now.

Still cant tell all of them apart, the boys in the middle all look the same but different heights.

Someone on DuggarFamilyBlog posted a comment under the Happy Birthday Jinger comments asking if Jana was pregnant. Hmmm? I noticed the on the same blog where Jill delivered another baby; Jana was not pictured as the doula? Where was she?

Someone on DuggarFamilyBlog posted a comment under the Happy Birthday Jinger comments asking if Jana was pregnant. Hmmm? I noticed the on the same blog where Jill delivered another baby; Jana was not pictured as the doula? Where was she?

They're probably confusing Jana with Anna.

According to Instagram, Josh and the Bates are on a road trip. Speculation: Headed to AR to witness Jessa get engaged for Christmas.

According to Instagram, Josh and the Bates are on a road trip. Speculation: Headed to AR to witness Jessa get engaged for Christmas.

Probably. A chorus of howlers and a pawned engagement ring (not knocking pawned rings, just buy used and save)? Or Boob will be the one to ask for Ben, I could see that - he could orchestrate the whole proposal, even hand the ring over himself.

Probably. A chorus of howlers and a pawned engagement ring (not knocking pawned rings, just buy used and save)? Or Boob will be the one to ask for Ben, I could see that - he could orchestrate the whole proposal, even hand the ring over himself.

That sounds about right. But I can't think why they'd want to get a ring at a pawn shop. Those things are often more expensive than a new ring you can buy at a jewelry store, at least where I live.

That sounds about right. But I can't think why they'd want to get a ring at a pawn shop. Those things are often more expensive than a new ring you can buy at a jewelry store, at least where I live.

I would say it sounds right too but if that is the case, good grief, why does a fundie engagement have to be done so publically (rhetorical question). Everyone's gotta be there or in on the action and there's no privacy at all for the couple. Gah.

I would say it sounds right too but if that is the case, good grief, why does a fundie engagement have to be done so publically (rhetorical question). Everyone's gotta be there or in on the action and there's no privacy at all for the couple. Gah.

Uhhh, that's because privacy obviously leads to coke-snorting, aborting, cavorting with LGBT heathens and shot gunning Maker's Mark through a dildo straw. #duh

Uhhh, that's because privacy obviously leads to coke-snorting, aborting, cavorting with LGBT heathens and shot gunning Maker's Mark through a dildo straw. #duh

I can't believe I just googled that. Oh well, my recent search history was a little too boring anyway...

What if this has nothing to do with Ben and Jessa? Maybe there's a Duggar/Bates courtship forthcoming? The Duggars have 3 daughters and 2 sons of courtship age and not courting or engaged, and the Bateses have 2 daughters and 2 sons.

I can't believe I just googled that. Oh well, my recent search history was a little too boring anyway...

Ah the things you learn in a sorority :lol:

Archived