IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope this guest house is not intended for Jessa and Ben. Imagine how much it would suck to find out that you finally get to move into your own house, and then your parents offer you one on their land-and theres no way they can really refuse seeing as fundies are supposed to obey their parents.

Hope not either. But I can see JB offering it to insure he keeps his daughter around and maintains some control.

JB and J'chelle are far too invested in their image of being the big, wholesome Christian family to really ever let their kids go. Even with Josh in DC, there appears to be a succession of J'slaves visiting and Josh manages to travel enough where he can see them. There's probably daily phone calls to insure accountability.

I guess the Duggars built a guest house:

duggars.tumblr.com/post/70959148506/pics-of-their-new-guest-house-that-they-built

I could imagine that the guest house is for the future families whose kids are courting the duggar kids, maybe?

So they build new (?) bunk beds in the guest house, but keep half their daughters sleeping on too-small beds... :wtf: (Wasn't it Joy sleeping on that short little thing? I may be wrong, I'm often wrong...)

Oh man, I'd feel so bad for Jessa if she and Ben were stuck there. I always thought that one of the reasons none of the daughters were courting was because Michelle couldn't afford to loose a J'slave or two - she might have to do some real parenting then.

I'd bet the house has several rooms for couples and one big room for children to sleep in. Those bunk beds were pretty wide, you could probably fit two or three kids per level. Perhaps the idea is for Smugs and Anna and M'kids to stay there at the same time as other future couples.

Didn't Jim Bob say when they first moved there that there would be plenty of land for all the kids to build houses on?

He did. It would be super weird if they ended up doing that, though.

I would love to have enough money and land to have houses for my kids on a big property. Never going to happen financially, but even when I was a little kid it was something I thought would be really cool.

I'm sorry but those bunkbeds look just like the ones you see in pictures of concentration camps. Creepy! I hope they plan to paint them nicely so the only weird part will be that they have three levels.

Probably. A chorus of howlers and a pawned engagement ring (not knocking pawned rings, just buy used and save)? Or Boob will be the one to ask for Ben, I could see that - he could orchestrate the whole proposal, even hand the ring over himself.

Didn't one of the fathers put the ring on his daughter's finger. The Arby's engagement, maybe?

Didn't one of the fathers put the ring on his daughter's finger. The Arby's engagement, maybe?

Yep, that was the one. God forbid her fiance touch her hand.

Well, I doubt the house is for Ben and Jessa. Jessa will probably be moving to Hot Springs. And I'm just basing that opinion on Ben having recently updated is Facebook profile to show that he has a job at an insurance agency in Hot Springs, Arkansas. And the best part...he's working under a woman. Got this info from the Duggar Family News FB page, but no idea if this link will work correctly...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =498%2C572

Also, Duggar Family News posted this pic of Jessa standing next to a sign that, IMO, basically is her saying she wants her man for Christmas. Seems a bit forward for a fundie girl, and, therefore, makes me have hope for her.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =640%2C640

Also, Duggar Family News posted this pic of Jessa standing next to a sign that, IMO, basically is her saying she wants her man for Christmas. Seems a bit forward for a fundie girl, and, therefore, makes me have hope for her.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =640%2C640

That picture is probably photoshopped. I just don't think Jessa would pose with something like that.

That picture is probably photoshopped. I just don't think Jessa would pose with something like that.

For what it's worth, it doesn't LOOK photoshopped...

For what it's worth, it doesn't LOOK photoshopped...

It was being sold at Cracker Barrel, so its possible somebody gave it to her for Christmas. Ben, maybe?

I could imagine that the guest house is for the future families whose kids are courting the duggar kids, maybe?

I'm thinking that for the time being, it's for Smuggar and Family.

I think it's for visiting families (large ones) as the Duggars move into the era of lots of courting. They talk about developing "whole-family friendships" first before a couple focuses more on each other. I don't know how they have hosted the Bates' (and vice versa) in terms of where everyone sleeps, but if they expect that over the next ten years or so, they're going to be hosting lots of families as the older kids seek partners, a guest house that can comfortably handle a family of ten or twelve people does make sense. I wonder if the guest house will have a boys room and a girls room and a parents room.

Michelle has explained that when the Bates stay they are given the boys dorm and the Dugfar boys move into the bus.

Michelle has explained that when the Bates stay they are given the boys dorm and the Dugfar boys move into the bus.

Aha, that makes sense. It also makes it seem even more likely that the guest house is, as I speculated, for other large families who they expect to host for pre-courting visits over the next decade or so -- the Bates' are somewhat of an exception, seeing as they are also on TV (or were) and also the two families have known each other for a long time and know their own comfort levels. But surely the Duggars think they should be prepared for "getting to know you" visits from families they don't already know well, and/or families who are not as comfortable with the whole TV aspect of their life, so maybe a mite of privacy for the guests makes sense. At least to me.

Aha, that makes sense. It also makes it seem even more likely that the guest house is, as I speculated, for other large families who they expect to host for pre-courting visits over the next decade or so -- the Bates' are somewhat of an exception, seeing as they are also on TV (or were) and also the two families have known each other for a long time and know their own comfort levels. But surely the Duggars think they should be prepared for "getting to know you" visits from families they don't already know well, and/or families who are not as comfortable with the whole TV aspect of their life, so maybe a mite of privacy for the guests makes sense. At least to me.

I wonder if they set up a guard or something to make sure the Bates don't get defrauded by the sleeping Duggar daughters.

Archived