IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

Uhhh, that's because privacy obviously leads to coke-snorting, aborting, cavorting with LGBT heathens and shot gunning Maker's Mark through a dildo straw. #duh

Shoot, silly me! I should have known that it leads to all sorts of ebil. :doh:

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I just googled that. Oh well, my recent search history was a little too boring anyway...

I had to Google "Maker's Mark". What does it say about me that I assumed a dildo straw was exactly what it sounded like.

What if this has nothing to do with Ben and Jessa? Maybe there's a Duggar/Bates courtship forthcoming? The Duggars have 3 daughters and 2 sons of courtship age and not courting or engaged, and the Bateses have 2 daughters and 2 sons.

Or Josh has taken mote time off from work to get home for Christmas early. Does Anna get to see her family for Christmas?

According to Instagram, Josh and the Bates are on a road trip. Speculation: Headed to AR to witness Jessa get engaged for Christmas.

Oh PLEASE! I hope not. Dude just turned 18 & found a steady job. What is the freaking rush?

I can't believe I just googled that. Oh well, my recent search history was a little too boring anyway...

Sounds fun, but I'd switch up the Makers Mark for Grey Goose and Tonic. :D

I had to Google "Maker's Mark". What does it say about me that I assumed a dildo straw was exactly what it sounded like.

:lol:

In hindsight I can't imagine what else I might have thought it was… but I googled it anyway, heh… I don't know what Maker's Mark is either, but I presume it's alcohol, and I'm not much for knowing the differences between varieties of alcohol anyway...

Oh PLEASE! I hope not. Dude just turned 18 & found a steady job. What is the freaking rush?

I'd say a combination of ratings to help keep the show going (no more fisting cows, please), stifling the question of why none of the four adult Duggar daughters are married, and trying to catch up with the Bateses.

Maker's Mark is really really good bourbon. I'm a Wild Turkey 101 girl myself.

Aha, thanks. I didn't know the name. I have a liquor cabinet with one bottle each of most mainstream liquor options, but I don't think any of those bottles have been opened in more than ten years, lol.

I'm lucky if I can make a 6-pack disappear in less than a few months. Fortunately I know the secret to doing that -- have friends over! :lol:

Maybe they were just... on separate road trips... and decided to meet up at the truck stop for some reason? Seems weird that some of the Bates kids would go to the Duggars' for Christmas.

I'd say a combination of ratings to help keep the show going (no more fisting cows, please), stifling the question of why none of the four adult Duggar daughters are married, and trying to catch up with the Bateses.

I think Jim Bob is more concerned with ratings than he is with keeping up with the Bateses or even what the public thinks about him having so many unmarried adults still living at home. (Seven as of next year! Catching up to our friends the Arndts.) It's all about money. The show is way past it's shelf life, the kids are quickly growing up and out of any cuteness that remains, so what better way to keep TLC around? Prettiest daughter meets (uber fetus obsessed) boy next door (well, at least the same state), a courtship with all the usual Duggar nonsense ensues, quickly followed by an engagement, which will carry over to yet another season when we start up with wedding prep. If Boob gets really lucky, Jessa will get pregnant right away and he may even get another season out of that, or at least a guaranteed Very Special Episode.

I'm sure Jessa is very taken with her young man, as are all immature girls with their first boyfriends, but I'm convinced her father is exploiting this to line his own pockets. The odds of this turning into a good marriage are slim.

I think Jim Bob is more concerned with ratings than he is with keeping up with the Bateses or even what the public thinks about him having so many unmarried adults still living at home. (Seven as of next year! Catching up to our friends the Arndts.) It's all about money. The show is way past it's shelf life, the kids are quickly growing up and out of any cuteness that remains, so what better way to keep TLC around? Prettiest daughter meets (uber fetus obsessed) boy next door (well, at least the same state), a courtship with all the usual Duggar nonsense ensues, quickly followed by an engagement, which will carry over to yet another season when we start up with wedding prep. If Boob gets really lucky, Jessa will get pregnant right away and he may even get another season out of that, or at least a guaranteed Very Special Episode.

I'm sure Jessa is very taken with her young man, as are all immature girls with their first boyfriends, but I'm convinced her father is exploiting this to line his own pockets. The odds of this turning into a good marriage are slim.

The more I think about the Duggars', the more I'm convinced they'll end up like the Dionne quintuplets, but on a much larger scale:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionne_quintuplets

(link not broken because it's wikipedia)

This. My sister is 19 and has her very first boyfriend, complete with 'promise ring'. I haven't given it much mind, because I have the feeling it'll go the way of all first romances.

Why would these people marry the first person they meet? I guess they're not allowed to date. I hope that Jessa and Ben don't feel pressured to marry to keep the gravy train going.

Why would these people marry the first person they meet? I guess they're not allowed to date. I hope that Jessa and Ben don't feel pressured to marry to keep the gravy train going.

I have no doubt that they do. She has to marry the first one because it's Jim Bob approved.

Other people, well... actual first love is pretty intense. And at some ages, immature and uh, kind of obsessive.

Smugger was in a courtship before Anna, but no one ever talks about it. Maybe others have had failed courtships, and Boob and J'Chelle think it'll ruin their perfect, pure brand. Blech!

I don't know if this applies to Jessa, but the Duggars and other kids from super-big families didn't get a whole lot of attention or affection from their parents. Then when they start courting, all of a sudden here is this other person paying attention to you-- and only you, not your umpteen siblings. You suddenly feel like you are somebody special, at least to this one other individial. It can be as addicting as crack. Again, I don't know if this is how Jessa feels. But I'm sure it's true for at least some of these Quiverfull kids.

Everyone seems to have forgotten, it's about not giving away pieces of your heart!!?$$!! Aargh. You know it will be a disaster if you don't marry the first man you meet as you might have given away some of you heart to someone else. [sarcasm. Who came up with that stupid idea anyway?] I hope it all works out well for Jessa, whether or not she sticks with Ben but I hope she doesn't feel pressured to marry either for JBs money or for the state of her heart.

Continuing that thought: has anyone every explain why loving a man/woman uses up some of your potential love for your future husband/wife partner but you have unlimited love for children?

I hope this guest house is not intended for Jessa and Ben. Imagine how much it would suck to find out that you finally get to move into your own house, and then your parents offer you one on their land-and theres no way they can really refuse seeing as fundies are supposed to obey their parents.

Archived