IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jennifer likely got more attention and will be remembered for her fretful disposition and meltdowns.

Jennifer was also fortunate to have Jill as her buddy. I can't remember if it's Jessa or Jinger who has Jordyn, but the only older sibling who ever seems to pay any attention to that poor child is Justin.

Jennifer was also fortunate to have Jill as her buddy. I can't remember if it's Jessa or Jinger who has Jordyn, but the only older sibling who ever seems to pay any attention to that poor child is Justin.

Jessa is Jordyn's buddy, and she's never seemed the maternal type. Also, who knows how long Ben has been her suitor.

Jenifer was/is fortunate to have Jill as her buddy. Jill seems to care about her little buddy. Jordyn is stuck with Jessa who seems to not have a maternal bone in her body. I really feel for Jordyn, the only Duggar who seems to care about her is Justin.

I did notice in a recent episode that Jessa was cuddling with jordyn on the couch. Jim Bob was making some sort of announcement. So it might be a stretch to say Jordyn is completely forgotten. I think I've seen Jim Bob holding her on several occasions as well.

I did notice in a recent episode that Jessa was cuddling with jordyn on the couch. Jim Bob was making some sort of announcement. So it might be a stretch to say Jordyn is completely forgotten. I think I've seen Jim Bob holding her on several occasions as well.

Yeah, I've noticed Jim Bob holding Jordyn too. It's unfortunate that he thinks the baby rasing is women's work, because he's the less shitty parent, he at least notices the kids every once in a while, although compared to Mullet, that's not saying much.

Happy Birthday Josie! I hope your parents start to treat you like a four year old, instead of a baby. I know that you're their last baby, but that doesn't mean they have to treat you like one

Happy Birthday little Josie!

I wonder if Michelle is still doing that picture with the 3 girls that are the same age for a few days (Josie, Jordyn and Mackynzie are all 4 for the next 8 days).

Yeah, I've noticed Jim Bob holding Jordyn too. It's unfortunate that he thinks the baby rasing is women's work, because he's the less shitty parent, he at least notices the kids every once in a while, although compared to Mullet, that's not saying much.

I've also noticed Jim Bob holding Jordyn frequently most recently in the pictures of the Seewald's party on Facebook.

They have said on the show before that Jordyn is a daddy's girl. The poor thing probably had no one else to turn to since Michelle spent months at the hospital with Josie and Jessa isn't very motherly.

I've also noticed Jim Bob holding Jordyn frequently most recently in the pictures of the Seewald's party on Facebook.

They have said on the show before that Jordyn is a daddy's girl. The poor thing probably had no one else to turn to since Michelle spent months at the hospital with Josie and Jessa isn't very motherly.

There's nothing wrong with a father caring for his child. I think it's pretty strange that people are always going on about how Michelle dumps all the care on the buddies, but completely leave Jim Bob out of the equation. Seems even more like an adherence to rigid gender roles than the people who are being snarked on.

There's nothing wrong with a father caring for his child. I think it's pretty strange that people are always going on about how Michelle dumps all the care on the buddies, but completely leave Jim Bob out of the equation. Seems even more like an adherence to rigid gender roles than the people who are being snarked on.

Their adherence to rigid gender roles is so complete that it's not particularly remarkable that Jim Bob and now Josh consider any time they spend with their children to be either playtime or babysitting. Men (and boys) do not raise children in their world.

Michelle is, however, a willing, even eager, participant in this set-up and has been revered in fundie circles as an amazing mother. Some group (cough) even awarded her "Mother of the Year" a couple of years back.

If being a mother merely consists of having and nursing as many babies as humanly possible, then I'll agree she's a contender. But if it's anything more than that, I'd say she's a miserable failure. Not that it's humanly possible to nurture so many children, but she willfully, intentionally brought them all into this world. The buddies had zero say in the matter.

Hence the snark.

I get the many reasons to snark on her as a mother, not the least of which is the over reliance on siblings to provide primary nurturing. It just surprises me that many people on here act like Jim Bobs role is irrelevant. Particularly since he is in a fairly good position to provide as much care as his wife. And with Josie's prematurity and Michele being away, it makes sense that the baby at home would be particularly attached to her father.

They talk about Dads being helpless with the kids, but if you watch the show he seems able to provide adequate care, when he is left in charge, and seems to enjoy being with the kids. So why focus on Michele's perceived detachment, or Jessa not being seen as nurturing, and always talking about Jordyn being forgotten, when she seems, from the little we see, to actually be close to her father? It seems its because she doesn't have a woman who seems to care for her.

The show will always hi light the chaos and little kids running wild and being lost in the shuffle, because that's their whole claim to fame -- being a huge family that most people couldn't fathom caring for. First they were notable for being obedient robots, now they are notable because people can gawk at a huge horde of children and be thankful they are only dealing with a couple of kids.

Jenifer was/is fortunate to have Jill as her buddy. Jill seems to care about her little buddy. Jordyn is stuck with Jessa who seems to not have a maternal bone in her body. I really feel for Jordyn, the only Duggar who seems to care about her is Justin.

People have said it before but I will say it again, it is not Jessa's job to have a maternal bone in her body when dealing with a sibling. These girls should not have to raise their siblings while the "mother of the year" simpers at the sperm donor.

I get the many reasons to snark on her as a mother, not the least of which is the over reliance on siblings to provide primary nurturing. It just surprises me that many people on here act like Jim Bobs role is irrelevant. Particularly since he is in a fairly good position to provide as much care as his wife. And with Josie's prematurity and Michele being away, it makes sense that the baby at home would be particularly attached to her father.

They talk about Dads being helpless with the kids, but if you watch the show he seems able to provide adequate care, when he is left in charge, and seems to enjoy being with the kids. So why focus on Michele's perceived detachment, or Jessa not being seen as nurturing, and always talking about Jordyn being forgotten, when she seems, from the little we see, to actually be close to her father? It seems its because she doesn't have a woman who seems to care for her.

The show will always hi light the chaos and little kids running wild and being lost in the shuffle, because that's their whole claim to fame -- being a huge family that most people couldn't fathom caring for. First they were notable for being obedient robots, now they are notable because people can gawk at a huge horde of children and be thankful they are only dealing with a couple of kids.

Because that's the way the Duggars have decided to roll. And they and their leg humping pals exalt their system as the way all families should be run. Woman stays home and raises as many children as God blesses her with; Man brings home the money.

Jim Bob is snarked on plenty out here for lots of reasons (and I recall him ignoring Jordyn at least once or twice this past season when she wanted him to pick her up) but he has never and will never pretend he's a nurturing parent involved in day-to-day childrearing. The Duggars have deemed that wimmen's (and girls') work. That's why Michelle will always bear the hypocrisy burden when it comes to the raising of the kids.

I agree the producers are going to edit and highlight whatever they think will most interest an audience. It's a "reality" show. However, this doesn't mean the kids aren't completely comfortable walking all over dining tables and kitchen counters and eating ice cream off the floor. Because it's seems pretty clear that this is now not unusual behavior in that household. Heck, you don't need to even go through TLC to see how they've changed. Just check out the youtube videos fans have posted in recent years. The kids are bored, non-compliant and disinterested. There's even a fan video of little Jordyn having to find her own way to the stage after her entire family (including her parents) have already started their show.

People have said it before but I will say it again, it is not Jessa's job to have a maternal bone in her body when dealing with a sibling. These girls should not have to raise their siblings while the "mother of the year" simpers at the sperm donor.

I agree, but at the same time watching the way Jessa interacts with her youngest siblings makes me hope she waits a long, long time before she has kids of her own. She came off as downright harsh with those little girls on more than one occasion, and I would not be surprised if she spanks them when the cameras are off. And here she is, courting and perhaps engaged.

Can't get behind that sorry. No she is not their mother and should not be taking that role but that is no excuse for treating small children, her little sisters moreover, harshly. Let her be angry at Michelle but if she actually is redirecting it toward toddlers, that is a bigger problem and makes me worry for her future children.

Can't get behind that sorry. No she is not their mother and should not be taking that role but that is no excuse for treating small children, her little sisters moreover, harshly. Let her be angry at Michelle but if she actually is redirecting it toward toddlers, that is a bigger problem and makes me worry for her future children.

I think it is a very rare person who never gets snappy or harsh when surrounded with eleventy billion small children 24/7/365.

That is a given but being almost always, from what we have seen of her interactions, distant, uncaring and abrupt toward them is not speaking well of her character. Just because you ain't mama does not mean you don't have to be kind and maybe show some empathy. But we see what the editors want us to see so probably not the whole picture.

Here we are judging Jessa for being harsh with the children, but aren't we always also harping on how these children are howlers because they don't get that kind of discipline? Its not her job to raise her damn siblings. I'd resent the hell out of it too. And I think we actually see Jordyn with her a fair amount...at least, if we see Jordyn with anyone its either Jessa or Jim Bob.

They need discipline not harshness and abruptness. Those things do not automatically go together and nor should they. And, yes, as I have said she is not their mother but that does give a 21 year old a good reason to be unkind and cold to young children on a regular basis.

They need discipline not harshness and abruptness. Those things do not automatically go together and nor should they. And, yes, as I have said she is not their mother but that does give a 21 year old a good reason to be unkind and cold to young children on a regular basis.

How do you know that she is always harsh and abrupt? We only see what the editors want us to see. Don't be so quick to judge when we only see 10% of her life.

Archived