IGNORED

Little People, Big World

homeschoolmomma1

Shocking

...that this is news

...that they lasted this long

...that People magazine cares

People Magazine thinks the Duggars are newsworthy. Are you really surprised they care about this?

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually took my kids on their farm tour in January. Matt came out and took pics with us and Amy gave the tour. She was soooo enthusiastic and nice and stopped everywhere we wanted to take pics. She's pretty into her Christianity and also just wants to spend the rest of her life doing charity things. She said she has the boys and girls club come out and foster kids to do activities on the farm but her neighbors really hate them and the traffic and complain to the city because their farm isn't zoned for those sorts of things.

Anyhow, not at all surprised by the separation. They seemed to have lost their spark long ago.

I thought Matt refused to do the breathalyzer, which was an automatic one year license suspension. His argument was that he wasn't drunk or something because alcohol disperses differently in little people and he was driving the car that wasn't modified properly or something. Then he should have done the breathalyzer.

Although whenever I see Crispix, I think of him giving the twins $100 to go to the store to get Crispix and "whatever else they wanted" for food. The twins got food all right-Mountain Dew, hamburger, chips-but no Crispix. Matt was helpless and kept saying, "Where's my Crispix?" Fun times.

I saw this title and thought it had something to do with Lester Roloff.

Sigh. I need to get out more.

I saw this title and thought it had something to do with Lester Roloff.

Sigh. I need to get out more.

Lester Roloff, now that's a blast from the past! I wonder if there's any connection?

They had been living separate for years (kind of like the Gosselins), Matt lived in his office, which was a three room brick structure of the property. It was reported that Molly was the only one allowed to have a key?

I'm surprised they separated because they were basically living apart, making money off the farm, tv , and books. This must mean there is some money in it for them to announce it.

I only hope Jacob gets help. That poor boy(Amy has been saying empty nest for years and Jacob is still left at home) is a mess on his social media, talking about drugs, religion, sex and his parents don't seem to care.

I wasn't surprised by this at all. I hope that Jacob gets whatever help he may need. I think Matt and Amy forgot about him a long time ago.

They had been living separate for years (kind of like the Gosselins), Matt lived in his office, which was a three room brick structure of the property. It was reported that Molly was the only one allowed to have a key?

I'm surprised they separated because they were basically living apart, making money off the farm, tv , and books. This must mean there is some money in it for them to announce it.

I only hope Jacob gets help. That poor boy(Amy has been saying empty nest for years and Jacob is still left at home) is a mess on his social media, talking about drugs, religion, sex and his parents don't seem to care.

Ohh! Maybe they're going to be on Couples Therapy? It's a pretty train wrecky show to begin with.

I am as skeptical about this 'trial separation' as I am about the Kardasion/Jenner separation. Methinks it is all a big ratings plot. A hoax. What better fodder for another season that marital strife and seeing them work through their issues? They alluded to this at the end of last season so I am not surprised they would announce this separation right before their next special is about to air.

I am as skeptical about this 'trial separation' as I am about the Kardasion/Jenner separation. Methinks it is all a big ratings plot. A hoax. What better fodder for another season that marital strife and seeing them work through their issues? They alluded to this at the end of last season so I am not surprised they would announce this separation right before their next special is about to air.

Hmm, maybe, but it's pretty clear that Matt and Amy have never really liked one another. Yes, they're getting attention for this, and maybe they don't mind it, but I really do think the separation is genuine. As for Kris and Bruce? I despise the Kardashian/Jenner clan almost more than anyone, but I really feel that he is transgendered and not "out." There are few people who would want to remain in such a relationship. And more than Matt and Amy, I feel that Kris relishes the attention that the end of her marriage brings. And if Bruce really is trans, I wouldn't put it past her to eventually out him for ratings and attention.

Neither one of them is a "winner".... The whole "wedding farm" concept was so stupid. Who plans their wedding weeks in advance??? (regular people, not fundies ;) ) The couples were so obviously plants..... And they had what, 5 or 6 weddings in a summer? Look at the money they "invested" in a new "bridal suite", landscaping, barn rehab.

I feel bad for the kids. Molly is the only one with a good head on her shoulders. The boys so needed guidance in their school years. They needed someone to make sure the homework was done and help them study. Jacob is still in HS. I think he graduates this spring. Neither "parent" seemed to really care what these kids did.

Time to sell the farm, divi the profits, and go their separate, cameraless way.....

Didn't Jacob get kicked out of the private school the kids attended?

He did. I recall reading or hearing somewhere that Matt was ok with it and Matt supposedly said he never wanted his kids to go to that Christian school, but it was Amy who pushed for it.

The only Roloff I liked was Molly. She seems like a sweet girl and keeps to herself. The boys are just lazy and wild. I can't believe they actually graduated from a Christian school and graduated on time. Amy and Matt were too lazy to discipline them.

It's only "news" right now because they're plugging an upcoming special.

ETA, yup, it looks like a plot point

http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/12/little-pe ... separated/

I was coming here to post that it's how to get one more special out of TLC. I thought Matt had been living in the barn where his office is for at least two or three years now.

I hope that Jen and Bill Arnold-Klein do not follow in their footsteps. Jen and Bill seem to be so much in love with each other and their children. But reality shows do turn some people nasty.

When I saw the thread title, my first thought was "Did they for real separate or is it for their show?"

I think the confusion about a previous separation is because they did something like have a cliffhanger at the end of a season where one of them says "Maybe we should separate." And I think the other even replies, "Maybe we should." What the fuck is that?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived