IGNORED

Little People, Big World

homeschoolmomma1

I literally only ever watched their show because I loved their land and liked watching what they did with it (Weird playsets and stuff aside). It was a beautiful farm, beautiful house (that they trashed OMG) and DH and I would absolutely love living there. DH would have STUFF to do for decades and I would have a lovely house to clean obsessively (seriously I feel like I'm turning into Monica Geller more and more as I get older) and all that land to garden and make beautiful.

The people were just like, annoyingly in the way of the land during the show. :lol:

So true. So often in life. :lol:

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not surprised they are divorcing. I think they will be happier apart, although I never followed the Roloffs closely..

On another note, I looked at the Spiritswander.blogspot recently. This was the blog Matt Roloff made a big deal out of stamping his feet about, trying to sue, and wanting it shut down a few years ago. He obviously didn't succeed.

The Spiritswander comments have been invaded by Fundies wanting a spinoff TV show with none other than Sainted Jeremy and his wife. :lol: They are such a model "Christian" couple and the leghumpers want to see more of them. Wasn't it Jeremy that played toss the cat and had some very bigoted stuff on his Facebook? Charming.

These same people are absolutely vilifying young Jacob. It's as though Jacob is the antichrist. I always felt sorry for Jacob. He seemed so overlooked by both his parents and always appeared to hate filming. Poor kid.

I liked the comment on that blog that said as soon as Jeremy realised he got more treats if he mentioned Jesus he ran with the "proud Christian" theme. :lol:

As far as I can tell, Jeremy and what's-her-face just flog products (including Christianity) and want to be famous.

What's with all the hate for Jacob? I always felt sorry for the kid on the rare occasion I watched the show. It seemed no one had time for him and he was always an afterthought. If he acts out, is it any wonder, he's angry and neglected.

I liked the comment on that blog that said as soon as Jeremy realised he got more treats if he mentioned Jesus he ran with the "proud Christian" theme. :lol:

As far as I can tell, Jeremy and what's-her-face just flog products (including Christianity) and want to be famous.

What's with all the hate for Jacob? I always felt sorry for the kid on the rare occasion I watched the show. It seemed no one had time for him and he was always an afterthought. If he acts out, is it any wonder, he's angry and neglected.

Jacob is the best. He's definitely alternative, but he does actually think. He hasn't decided on gays yet, but you can find some extensive stuff with his thoughts. The SpiritsWander blog is great, but hard to navigate through.

As for the Jeremy and Wife spin-off, that might be an idea to pair with Jessa/Ben, Derrick/Jill, and then maybe a couple of other young devout families; you could do it in a mix of Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant.

Figure:

-Jessa/Ben

-Derrick/Jill

-Jeremy/??

-Mormons

-Mennonites

-Muslims

-As conservative Jewish as you can get (ideally Hasidic)

And then give each half an episode a few times a season, so they all rotate by the episode. That would be super cool.

Not at all surprised. I wonder what will happen to the farm. Matt can't maintain it on his own and I don't think Amy has any interest. The kids are all adults now. Jer is married, Zac is getting married soon. Molly should be almost done with collage. I don't know what Jacob did after HS.

• 11 months later...

Pickles posted this article about Jeremy and Audrey Roloff from The Inquisitr

http://www.inquisitr.com/3131647/does-little-people-big-world-family-also-have-a-serious-anti-gay-problem/

These two have been married for a whole ten minutes, and they run a blog about beating the divorce odds, giving more than 50% to your spouse, and living "covenant marriages", i.e., the thing Jill and Derick Dillard have.

I was looking yesterday at their social media accounts and saw him link to something about the evils of same-sex marriages, some real mega-Christian doctrine. Now that I've checked his public Facebook and his Twitter account (where the link to what he was talking about on his Facebook was posted, which is how I saw it) again, those posts have been removed.

Possible future fundies?

They remind me of Jessa and Bin. How long after the birth of their first kid do you think they'll start blogging about how to raise perfect godly children?

The Roloffs are indeed fundy.  The were affiliated with a fundy church in Washington state, dont know if they still are. I can't stand any of them, maybe the daughter is OK but the rest are azzes.

Literally every time I've heard of people having a covenant  marriage it was two people trying to get divorced bUT it was talking forever because of the stupid rules about a covenant marriages.

1 minute ago, SilverBeach said:

The Roloffs are indeed fundy.  The were affiliated with a fundy church inWashington state, dont know if they atill are. I can't ant stand any of them, maybe the daughter is OK but the rest are azzes.

What about Jacob? I don't think he's an ass. Just troubled. He's only 18 after all and it seems like growing up on TV did a number on him unfortunately. He's certainly no fundy though.

3 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

They remind me of Jessa and Bin. How long after the birth of their first kid do you think they'll start blogging about how to raise perfect godly children?

HA! I don't think Jeremy is ready for kids. I don't know if you watch Little People Big World, but last night, in classic fundie fashion, he talked about how he really doesn't know how to cook. His mother cooked everything for him growing up. :pb_rollseyes:

Just now, SilverBeach said:

The Roloffs are indeed fundy.  The were affiliated with a fundy church inWashington state, dont know if they atill are. I can't ant stand any of them, maybe the daughter is OK but the rest are azzes.

Woah! I had no idea that they were/might still be members of a fundamentalist church.

3 minutes ago, Grace said:

Literally every time I've heard of people having a covenant  marriage it was two people trying to get divorced bUT it was talking forever because of the stupid rules about a covenant marriages.

The first time I ever heard about it was on 19KAC. 

4 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

What about Jacob? I don't think he's an ass. Just troubled. He's only 18 after all and it seems like growing up on TV did a number on him unfortunately. He's certainly no fundy though.

Reality TV really seemed to mess with Jacob. He's talked about that here and there, and Radar has reported on his comments. Amy apologized to him publicly on one of the discussions because of it. I'm not sure if that had its own topic on FJ at some point, but I'm sure it did.

I can't understand the religious background/present beliefs of the Rolloffs. I've heard that they are/were fundie but it just doesn't come across. None of them talk about religion on the show. Although they did show zach and tori praying before dinner in a recent episode but it didn't seem fundie at all. They don't seem or act fundie. Amy is certainly not keeping sweet. Matt has lots of ideas and ambitions, none of them seem related to any kind of churchy thing. Jeremy and Audrey are smug but in like a hipster way. It's just a head scratcher to me. 

Jeremy and Audrey are definitely fundie light. I believe Amy worked at a Christian preschool and her kids went to christian school, but I think they seem like mainstream Christians. Jacob is an atheist. 

Also, she meant the covenant of marriage, not those legal covenant marriages.

Just now, MsSaylor said:

I can't understand the religious background/present beliefs of the Rolloffs. I've heard that they are/were fundie but it just doesn't come across. None of them talk about religion on the show. Although they did show zach and tori praying before dinner in a recent episode but it didn't seem fundie at all. They don't seem or act fundie. Amy is certainly not keeping sweet. Matt has lots of ideas and ambitions, none of them seem related to any kind of churchy thing. Jeremy and Audrey are smug but in like a hipster way. It's just a head scratcher to me. 

I haven't followed the Roloffs, but it seems like the difference between them and say, the Duggars, is that the latter see themselves as "professional Christians" who must be on TV to "minister" to all the unwashed heathens watching in the dark, whereas the former are fundie-lites who just happen to have a TV show and are in show business because it's fun, they like the spotlight, it makes paying the bills easier, etc. Of course, the Duggars probably feel the same way about being on TV, but they will publicly claim to be motivated by the need to "minister," not money or the love of fame.

I'm having trouble finding any of the kids twitter accounts.  Are they verified?  The ones that look semi-legit don't have any posts since 2015.  ???

17 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

The Roloffs are undercover  about their fundy beliefs , and racist ones too. Lots of information on the interwebz. They aren't  the first tv family to present a false image. There's more than one way to be fundy .

30 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I'm having trouble finding any of the kids twitter accounts.  Are they verified?  The ones that look semi-legit don't have any posts since 2015.  ???

The only social media I ever followed was Jacob's Instagram. It looks like he still posts occasionally.

This is probably the most compelling post he's made. Especially if you read his responses to peoples comments:

@TuringMachine  Thanks for the link.  Very enlightening indeed.  I haven't seen anything on Jacob in a while.  Last I knew, wasn't he talking about suing his parents for some of his earnings?  Was that resolved?  He seems in a much better place than a year or so ago.

13 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

This was very informative indeed! Thank you for linking to the post. I think I may go back and read all the earlier posts in this thread.

13 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Time to put my internet sleuthing hat on!

Twitter:

Jeremy - JeremyJRoloff
Audrey - audreymirabella
Jacob - ffoloR_bocaJ
Amy - amyroloffCF
Matt - mattroloff (I'm surprised Amy is verified but Matt isn't. This is the account Roloff Farms follows so it has to be him.)
Zach - zachroloff7
Molly - mollyjoroloff
The Farm - RoloffFarms

Facebook (all links are to public Facebook pages):

Roloff Farms - https://www.facebook.com/RoloffWorld/?fref=ts
Jeremy - https://www.facebook.com/JeremyJamesRoloff/?fref=ts
Matt - https://www.facebook.com/RealMattRoloff/?fref=ts
Audrey - https://www.facebook.com/aujpoj/?fref=ts
Amy Roloff Charity Foundation - https://www.facebook.com/amyroloffcharityfoundation/?ref=br_rs

Instagram (all are public Instagrams)

The Farm - rolofffarms
Tori - toriroloff
Jacob - jacobroloff45
Amy - amyjroloff
Jeremy - jeremyroloff
Audrey - audreyroloff
Matt - mattroloff
Zach - zroloff007/zacharyroloff (the latter is an older account)
Molly - mollyroloff1

The last I heard about Jacob on Radar, Amy had publicly apologized to him in the comments of that Instagram post, and I've heard nothing since. I no longer follow any Roloff on social media (though you'd think I did based on all the above :P).

@theinvisiblegirl  I know short-responses are a no-no, but had to do more than just a thumbs-up for all that work with the Social Media accounts.  THANKS!!!:clap:

I've been looking at Jeremy and Audrey's website the last couple of days and I seriously cannot get over how self-indulgent and preachy they are. It troubles me that these two seem to think that after 18 (ish) months of marriage they have the answers to a long lasting successful marriage. 

They also seem to attend a home church (it was mentioned in one of the articles, but I can't remember which). I copied the think for the young Roloff's advice to protect your marriage below, make sure to take notes. ;)

http://beating50percent.com/how-to-protect-your-marriage/

The self-importance of these two! Holy shit, my eyes couldn't stop rolling. I had to stop reading for the sake of my poor eyes.

Wow. I guess it's just proof of how much Jesus loves us that Mr. Izzy and I have been married almost 20 years without having access to the wisdom of their blog.:pb_rollseyes:

Funny, I took a screenshot of Matt Walsh's post about how the death of that gorilla is unimportant in light of all the babies being aborted daily. Facebook showed me that Jeremy liked it.

I should also disclose that we took the roloff tour a couple years ago, Amy gave us a private tour (they do these for $300 and probably make a pretty penny doing it) and it was actually really cool, my kids loved it and were fans of the show plus we got to ride on that "mule" cart thing they drive. Matt was there, too, and came out for pics. I think Jeremy is the only fundie type in the family. 

image.png

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived